• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Arrrammis

So, does anyone know what the engram situation is? If I get some and wait until TTK drops, can I get new weapons? I hope so, because I just got legendary helmet and heavy weapon engrams from the weekly.

Frustrating subclass quest strikes again: had 1 ultra left with my bladedancer, bastard was on a set of stairs, and... none of my hits counted on the stairs. Super meter empty, others killed boss, the end. God damn it! :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool. What about attack and defense numbers? Outside of Banner and Osiris, are they both set to a standard number for all weapons and gear?
Exactly yeah. Impact is the sole determinant of bullet damage in regular Crucible. Armor (re: perks, not Gear defense) determines your max HP.
Are you retaking OT duties?
Just this lone one. As an anniversary/retrospective type deal for year 1. :)

rNilla

By talking to the vanguard dude with your new subclass equipped..? It's not a big deal.. I was just saying. Why bother now? All you get is a class item you can't use, right?

Questioning trying to rush through everything as soon as it's available? I'm sending out a DGAF Fraud Alert.

Afrocious

Thats a pain. Was awkward to get the kills with the Radiance since I was paired with two 34's so they were stealing loads of kills even though we was in a level 8 strike. I was at like 18/20. :[

Indeed. Honestly, you might be better off doing the Nightfall solo to get the quest done.

That or group with friends you can work with.

Exactly yeah. Impact is the sole determinant of bullet damage in regular Crucible. Armor (re: perks, not Gear defense) determines your max HP.

Awesome awesome awesome. This opens up many possibilities for me now. This means I don't have to stick with my 170 PvE gear.

Frustrating subclass quest strikes again: had 1 ultra left with my bladedancer, bastard was on a set of stairs, and... none of my hits counted on the stairs. Super meter empty, others killed boss, the end. God damn it! :D

same thing happened to me. that part of the quest was not made for randoms, pretty poorly thuoght IMO

Yeah, here's a bigger one I found. I'm sure it's the same thing just blown up.

the100.jpg

here's one with hard pixel edges instead of a blur.
destiny_pixels.png

Other notes:

Red Death / Vestian Dynasty is currently my favorite combo for PvP, with Red Death barely edging Bad Juju. I'm finding Vestian Dynasty to be better than shotguns at close but not extremely close range. Maps still with way too many obstacles and corners to snipe consistently.

Also, my Young Ahamkara's spine is only giving me one nade, anyone else having this issue?

Oh, went on a 10 kill streak and had the announcer scream "I HAVEN'T SEEN A FIREFIGHT LIKE THIS SINCE TWILIGHT GAP!" Got confused as I thought it was talking about our Twilight Gap (Zoba) for a second, then remembered the "Twilight Gap" map.
The database only shows the TTK version with that perk.

Dave_6

Other notes:

Red Death / Vestian Dynasty is currently my favorite combo for PvP, with Red Death barely edging Bad Juju. I'm finding Vestian Dynasty to be better than shotguns at close but not extremely close range. Maps still with way too many obstacles and corners to snipe consistently.

Also, my Young Ahamkara's spine is only giving me one nade, anyone else having this issue?

Oh, went on a 10 kill streak and had the announcer scream "I HAVEN'T SEEN A FIREFIGHT LIKE THIS SINCE TWILIGHT GAP!" Got confused as I thought it was talking about our Twilight Gap (Zoba) for a second, then remembered the "Twilight Gap" map.

Ahamkara's Spine 2.0 is the one that has two trip mines. I was thinking the same thing last night until I checked for sure.

EDIT: Beaten

Tecnniqe

Banned
Shotguns are trash in PVE now, I wanted to see first hand how bad the nerf was and damn it absolutely wrecked shotguns. Fusion Rifle seems to be the go to special when you aren't using a sniper now.

Did anyone really complained shotguns were too powerful in PVE? Meanwhile they still dominate PvP. lol

Yeah Fusion 2-3 burst the elite wizards at long distance. Shotgun worthless now.

Siege.exe

Is there anything specific you're supposed to do with each of the field test weapons? I completed both of the Hakke weapons, but neither of the Omolon weapons nor the Suros launcher are gaining any progress for me.

vac

Neo Member
Sorry if this has already been posted but:
The "Relentless Tracker" perk on the "Hakke TEST-A", also shows chests and materials on the radar, as well as increased range/resolution(more triangles).

NCsal2Q.jpg

Thought that was pretty neat.

Lnkn52

Thats the PS exclusive right? On XB1 and I don't think we have the PS strikes yet.

Yes, sorry.

The "Relentless Tracker" perk on the "Hakke TEST-A", also shows chests and materials on the radar, as well as increased range/resolution(more triangles).

NCsal2Q.jpg

Guys, let's go into VoG chest hunting!

Disker

Don't know if this has been answered yet.

I opened my Suros package yesterday in the postmaster (for pre-ordering?) and nothing came out of it? Was it for today because the gunsmith came "online"? If so i am fucked, it's just a weapon you can get but still it would be really shitty.....

A glitch or do we get the package again somehow?

Also, i can complete the Dead Orbit quest, but i think i should wait till next week because you want get NEW items i think, or do you? Its says the reward is a armor piece.

Could people answer this, really appreciate it if someone could.

Did anyone discovered the extra dialog (lore) you can get from your ghost by looking at certain parts of the world? They said they would do this

Afrocious

NCsal2Q.jpg

Damn son. This ability needs to be on a ghost skin or class item ASAP.

Shito

Don't know if this has been answered yet.

Bit i opend my Suros package yesterday in the postmaster (for pre-ordering?) and nothing came out of it?

A glitch or do we get the package again somehow?
You probably didn't have any room left for the shader and emblem.
You can get them from the kiosks near Eva. :)

Mindlog

Crap. Crucible wasn't ticking for me yesterday, but it is today. It's going to flip :[

I'm just going to buy the Crucible weapons and not use them until after next week :]

Whats the light level in the test guns?
might be worth holding on to them to infuse real guns on tuesday. if that even works

Infusion is really just using legendary marks you can get from breaking down guns or other means. It also requires glimmer, weapon parts, and I believe motes? You can see this by looking at one of the exotic weapons in the kiosk. I'm not sure the test guns break down into legendary marks.

Disker

You probably didn't have any room left for the shader and emblem.
You can get them from the kiosks near Eva. :)

Was it the shader and the emblem? If so yes i have those, i thought it would contain a (or some) weapons. Or do you get those with TTK update itself?

suros-gamestop-bonus.png

Crota being Crota again, the sword disappeared for a retro glitch. You get 165 (or 156) rep for downing him. Also something new came up on screen, something like oversoul thrown? It happened as I was booting to orbit so missed it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome awesome awesome. This opens up many possibilities for me now. This means I don't have to stick with my 170 PvE gear.
Oh absolutely. The Crucible is a normalized playground outside of the special modes. That said, the new gear is undoubtedly going to shake things up like crazy, independent of stats.

Top Bottom