• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

EL CUCO

Yeah. you have to sit through the cut-scene to get the SR. You can replay the mission and get it though.

Yep. You have to watch the entire cutscene that follows to get it.
giphy.gif

I actually saw a suggestion in the gaming side about how to keep raids relevant. Just allow for the vault drops to transform the way relevant gear looks. A lot of raid equipment looks great and it would give players a reason to go back other than strong gear.

I would be on board with this solution. I love how a lot of the gear looks and it would be sweet to transmog some of the more ugly stuff.

GutZ31

last teaser

http://i.imgur.com/MzhvjcP.png[/im]

the whole file is already 9 megabytes and I'm not even halfway done, ugh. Dunno what i'm gonna do about that.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, the picture is too large, no one is willing to download this gaming side. Lol

phen0m24

Just wanted to remind folks.

Also, this is open to everyone regardless of console, grimoire score, guardian level, lack of Necrochasm, etc.

Actually, I take that. If you don't have a Necrochasm, you ain't getting on!
/s

You all got till September 6 to send me your emblems. After that, I am taking no more.

I need to do this still

shermas

If I wait until the timer hits for the Year 1 Triumph thing, THEN delete my Titan, that'll give me a week to get his level back up before TTK, right?

I don't think I have enough Vault space to store everything he's lugging around, though. That's the main reason I'm nervous about creating a new guy... they said don't shard anything, but I can't really store everything, either. All 3 of my toons are pretty much full and my vault is stuffed with yellows and purples, as well.

ocean

Banned
Just wanted to remind folks.

Also, this is open to everyone regardless of console, grimoire score, guardian level, lack of Necrochasm, etc.

Actually, I take that. If you don't have a Necrochasm, you ain't getting on!
/s

You all got till September 6 to send me your emblems. After that, I am taking no more.
Sorry did you get my PM with my emblem? I'm never sure when these things send and when they don't. I think I added a title but not sure :p

Gordon

Just had someone miss me point blank like 5 times and I had no health. What.
That happened quite a bit last night while playing a full team from Brazil :/
Are they using one of those fancy new routers or is that just modern netcode? I'm in Ontario, and my most southern teammates are from North Carolina

I would be on board with this solution. I love how a lot of the gear looks and it would be sweet to transmog some of the more ugly stuff.

I actually saw a suggestion in the gaming side about how to keep raids relevant. Just allow for the vault drops to transform the way relevant gear looks. A lot of raid equipment looks great and it would give players a reason to go back other than strong gear.

Vault stuff looks pretty cool. The perks are all themed too, they really should build in some kind of incentive to mess with the old content - add oracle mechanics to vex strikes, oversoul to hive strikes etc. so raid gear has a purpose. Old strikes need to have a purpose too, themed aesthetics drops or something. Give me a hive themed ship I would grind strikes for that.

Namikaze1

Also, please make sure the PM has a title of something along the lines of "Destiny Emblem" or "Anniversary pic emblem" so that it'll make it easier for me which pm is the emblem stuff and which isn't.

I need to do this still
Clock is ticking, colonel. :p

Sorry did you get my PM with my emblem? I'm never sure when these things send and when they don't. I think I added a title but not sure :p
Yep. Got yours yesterday.

matmanx1

New Weekly and Nightfall changes sound good. I will miss the glowy head and exp/rep buff though. Hopefully the Vanguard Heroic Strike playlist or whatever will be a net upgrade and not feel like a step back. I notice they also did not mention Strange Coins. Since there will be no weekly does that mean that Strange Coins will come from the Vanguard Heroic playlist?

ocean

Banned
Also, please make sure the PM has a title of something along the lines of "Destiny Emblem" or "Anniversary pic emblem" so that it'll make it easier for me which pm is the emblem stuff and which isn't.

Clock is ticking, colonel. :p

Yep. Got yours yesterday.
Thanks :) hope nobody else thinks to use such a common and old emblem :p

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Is it worth it to keep all my packages at the post and save legendary engrams for TTK or is that not going to accomplish anything?

Is it worth it to keep all my packages at the post and save legendary engrams for TTK or is that not going to accomplish anything?

The only thing you want to keep at the Postmaster is public event packages for XP and cryptarch packages. Faction packages and legendary engrams are rolled as soon as soon as they are earned so unless you have extra space it isn't worth the trouble to hang on to them as they'll decrypt to HoW items.

KxoZz

The only thing you want to keep at the Postmaster is public event packages for XP and cryptarch packages. Faction packages and legendary engrams are rolled as soon as soon as they are earned so unless you have extra space it isn't worth the trouble to hang on to them as they'll decrypt to HoW items.

But don't faction packages give you XP too?

Gordon

If it's anything like the previous DLCs they're tied to the loot table that was current when they dropped. Other than rolling your cryptarch or factions for fresh drops they won't be anything spectacular.

GutZ31

Only keep cryptarch packages and public event rewards.
Most other packages and engrams are locked to the current pool of items. Start saving the others after the 2.0 patch on the 8th though, as we may get the ability to start saving for TTK like HoW let us a week or so before it released as well.

rc213

I'm going to miss dueling with Snipers with my Hopscotch Pilgrim, So much fun.

Another pm from a camping sniper is always good.

Also, Last night had a match with a guy that went from Thorn to The Last Word to Hawkmoon to Messenger trying to kill me. I kept swapping to the weapon he was using just killing each other over and over.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks so much to the team for carrying me through my first Vault of Glass raid, you guys are awesome :)

:) 1st death in VoG was caused by someone ramming me off the edge with a speeder
2nd death was me not paying attention and jumping into nothing

and the rest we dont talk about.

Good fun, hopefully next time ill be able to pay 100% attention and use mic and not have to carry 3 conversations with people in the same room as me while doing VoG

Only keep cryptarch packages and public event rewards.
Most other packages and engrams are locked to the current pool of items. Start saving the others after the 2.0 patch on the 8th though, as we may get the ability to start saving for TTK like HoW let us a week or so before it released as well.

Oh yay, I can grind again :p

GutZ31

:) 1st death in VoG was caused by someone ramming me off the edge with a speeder
2nd death was me not paying attention and jumping into nothing

and the rest we dont talk about.

Good fun, hopefully next time ill be able to pay 100% attention and use mic and not have to carry 3 conversations with people in the same room as me while doing VoG
I expect to see a gif of these deaths in chronological order on my desk by tomorrow!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Knights.

Take a break guys. Too much carrying is bad for your health.

LOL at people coming to my stream and asking to be carried.

I've been on a break from Destiny since Monday. Media blackout as well so I haven't been in the thread much. Get an invite to trials from DirtyAquaticApe and proceed to have two real smooth runs to Mercury. Wasn't at top form, but good games all around. Summoner hype x2 though.

Rofl @ gaming side thread.

Complaining about the size of the patch and either saying they'll keep it Uninstalled or uninstall it because of that.

People these days are either never pleased or feel so entitled to stuff, or both.

Complain about ABC, then when that's fixed, magically find DEF and so forth.

Anyways, I'll need to free up some space on my ps4.

Gordon

You must convince yourself that you don't want nor need it. Only then shall RNG grant you it.
I gave up on Gjally to the point that I didn't even look when it dropped for me. I just assumed it dropped for somebody else and started getting ready to switch characters for another Crota run lol my wife was freaking out and I was like, "No I don't get Gjally. It must have been somebody else."

Bungie?! SUCK MY TAIL! I played countless hours on MMOs and alike but RNG is taking a piss this time.

Bunny is raging.

20150829195755.jpg
At least you just have RNGesus standing in the way. I'm just hoping my 360 doesn't red-ring before I get a shot lol

Top Bottom