• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Gammacide

Just got dropped into 3(!) IB losing teams that were losing 19860 or so to 6995 or so. All 3 matches lasted long enough for me to get shot in one then shoot someone in another then get rocket launched in the last. Still, quickest medallions ever. FFS. :/

GutZ31

I want to keep the image large without making it look crappy or take forever to load.

I'd have to see it to understand what you're saying.

The image was 9MB before I used save to web and it came out as 4MB.

The actual PSD is currently 35MB. I expect that to double when I'm done.
This is compressed by only 6%, and is at under 400kb's.
LqeZZbn.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You'll be reducing file size and keeping the same resolution.

Not home to demonstrate you the difference, but I would try that.
I want to keep the image large without making it look crappy or take forever to load.

I'd have to see it to understand what you're saying.
Left -> PNG-24, ~300kb / Right -> JPEG (quality slider 75), ~86kb

weeklynewbieraidgraphexu01.png
-----
weeklynewbieraidgraphgyu8y.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey DestinyGAF! Question for you all: So I've jumped back in after taking a break when TDB hit and briefly tried HoW content but now I'm fully back on board and trying to do everything I've missed or haven't tried to so that I can pretty much say I've done everything in Year 1.

So I've barely touched Trials, since my team got wrecked and everyone seems to use Thorn or Hawkmoon which I have neither lol, and I haven't defeated Skolas in PoE. So is Skolas pretty much impossible for someone who is level 33?

I ask because I've done all the other levels for the Prison but a friend who has finished Skolas once refuses to do it again because he said it was done by pure luck due to a Solar burn enabled and they were able to take it him out quick and won't even attempt it again unless he knew it had the same burn..? huh. lol
Certainly not impossible. You'll want to be in a group with two other 34s, and you'll of course be at a personal disadvantage and need to work extra hard to stay alive, but it has been done many times.

Solar Burn and all other elemental burns are no longer ever enabled for Skolas. His health has been reduced and the enemy spawns work in a different way than they did back then. Your buddy is operating on old info.

GutZ31

Hey DestinyGAF! Question for you all: So I've jumped back in after taking a break when TDB hit and briefly tried HoW content but now I'm fully back on board and trying to do everything I've missed or haven't tried to so that I can pretty much say I've done everything in Year 1.

So I've barely touched Trials, since my team got wrecked and everyone seems to use Thorn or Hawkmoon which I have neither lol, and I haven't defeated Skolas in PoE. So is Skolas pretty much impossible for someone who is level 33?

I ask because I've done all the other levels for the Prison but a friend who has finished Skolas once refuses to do it again because he said it was done by pure luck due to a Solar burn enabled and they were able to take it him out quick and won't even attempt it again unless he knew it had the same burn..? huh. lol

Your friend is being a dumb dumb.
Level 33 is possible, but you will feel very weak.
I suggest trying to get on a PoE train like what Drizzay does fairly friquently if you wish to complete it the right way. To give him some slack, it is advised to at least attempt to have 365 weapons, and try to get 34 light level to do skolas.
Just because its possible doesn't mean it should be done, as you will be carried.
Certainly not impossible. You'll want to be in a group with two other 34s, and you'll of course be at a personal disadvantage and need to work extra hard to stay alive, but it has been done many times.

Solar Burn and all other elemental burns are no longer ever enabled for Skolas. His health has been reduced and the enemy spawns work in a different way than they did back then. Your buddy is operating on old info.
You beat me like a wet rag.

Simo

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info! I just need to get 1 Etheric Light to be level 34 so I'll work on that since a lot of my weapons are 365 and maxed out. Again thanks for the info guys!

ocean

Banned

Solar Burn (and all other elemental burns) are no longer ever enabled for Skolas. His health has been reduced and the enemy spawns work in a different way than they did back then. Your buddy is operating on old info.
The level scaling is very strange in this game. Not linear at all. Being 2 levels below an activity isn't that different from being a single level below. It's like 40% penalty instead of 33% or something along those lines.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahh ok. Thanks for the info!
What GutZ said is true nonetheless. It's possible but won't exactly be a pleasant experience. Are you sure you've exhausted all your avenues to reaching 34?
The level scaling is very strange in this game. Not linear at all. Being 2 levels below an activity isn't that different from being a single level below. It's like 40% penalty instead of 33% or something along those lines.
I believe it's 32%-42%-52%-100% for 1-4 levels below.

The extra 10% isn't all that much to note on paper but in a fight where you might die in just a few hits to begin with, every hit you can take makes a considerable difference. The fight will also last longer in total because of the lower DPS. But of course it's nowhere near impossible.

Is carrying useless junk (me) to Mercury still a thing or has this ship sailed?

Ask Drizz, Rubenov, or Wicked. They all are fantastic players and have helped so many in Dgaf get to Mercury. Unstable used to be the go to for carries but he is busy fixing his desk nowadays.

Simo

What GutZ said is true nonetheless. It's possible but won't exactly be a pleasant experience. Are you sure you've exhausted all your avenues to reaching 34?

No, I was just trying to reach for the top before making the journey. lol I just need to get 1 piece of Etheric Light I believe and I'll be level 34. A lot of the weapons I have do 365 and are maxed out so I hope to be ok there.

maomaoIYP

It's 3.15 am here, after ending a few trials runs I decide to wind down with some strikes. Legendaries in both of the first 2 strikes. Decide to do one more, and see if my luck carries on. It does. It gave me a hopscotch.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nobody wanted to help me with Skolass so im doing Nightfall. Feel free to join.

PSN: androo2300

This is compressed by only 6%, and is at under 400kb's.

jpeg-high brings the filesize of the crucible image to 600 k/b. The whole image so far goes from 9mb to 2mb.

png is higher, so unless i'm doing something wrong i probably wont use that. I don't think I need transparency anyway.

thanks guys

Tecnniqe

Banned
I expect to see a gif of these deaths in chronological order on my desk by tomorrow!

Sure ill get right on it
i didnt record it someone else might

Three full VoG runs, and I've received only two helmets. (I'm trying to get all the VoG gear.) Disappointing.
Surely, this was just a friendly joke
Probably, i was in my inventory and just heard a massive "smash" sound and flew off into nothing and died. I didnt see who it was, but victim or perpetrator, if your number 's up, ill find you!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its a long shot but does anyone wanna do poe 30 with me?
Quite a long shot indeed; so far as I understand it that does not exist
jpeg-high brings the filesize of the crucible image to 600 k/b. The whole image goes from 9mb to 2mb

png is higher, but I don't think I need transparency.

thanks guys
Yeah, unless you need transparency JPEG is just fine and you can further tune that quality slider if you need to. I can't imagine anyone would object to 2-4mb for a big ol' colorful infographic like that so it sounds like you're in good shape.

Anyone down for Crota HM later tonight? I kind of want to get the Nechrochasm before TTK.

Yes, I am! PSN: SoullessSHOES

I posted it a couple pages back, so I'll do it again - I haven't ever done Crota on HM, and I only did it on NM right after the DLC launched last December. So if you are willing to re-explain some of the tactics to me, I will gladly join with my Titan! :D

Gritesh

Yeah, unless you need transparency JPEG is just fine and you can further tune that quality slider if you need to. I can't imagine anyone would object to 2-4mb for a big ol' colorful infographic like that so it sounds like you're in good shape.
Lol I meant 32

todd360

OK, I'm done mowing the grass. I'm gonna take a shower and then go to the book store to hunt down that edge magazine. They won't have it and I'll go home disappointed. Let's do this!
I'll get Tokyo ghoul vol 2 at the very least. That way this won't be a huge waste of time

Big is an understatement. But now that I know how small the file can be I think I'm going to stretch my legs a bit.

GutZ31

How soon do you guys think DestinyDB will be updated with items from Taken King? The day of the patch maybe?

If bungie hasn't drastically changed how they update their own database, or put some kind of encryption process, I suspect the day of the patch should be fairly likely.

DjRalford

Had a good hour stint in IB today, now just 1200 rep to go to lvl 3, all i need is that one piece of etheric light and i can get to Lvl 33

ocean

Banned
I <3 Ray. Ray's a bro that first carried me through Nightfall many months ago.

But that's RNGesus for ya... ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
It's karma for stealing all my kills when we PvP together

Love ya ray, still gonna get that Dreg's Promise sooner than your Horseman...if I ever start doing Skolas again :p

ocean

Banned
I wonder whether TTK will build on the Lighthouse experience.

As in, an unannounced treat that really feels special and gives unique loot - not based on random luck, but on skill. A full Heroic Raid clear in a given amount of time, or flawless heroic maybe?

I love the idea of some rewards being locked behind a skill wall and not just layers of randomness. Make it hard enough that a lot of people can never get it. I wouldn't mind something being there that's too hard for me to get, I think it'd be cool that it's out there to set apart the truly skilled players.

GutZ31

That's good to know then because there's no icons for Rift or Mayhem online yet >.>

Well, the game has pretty much 0% data from TTK, because they released the game with only the 2 expansions with fairly solid planning.
That means they had to have a frame work before ever releasing the game, which meant leaving assets in the game they thought might make it to the game for one of those expansions.

A lot didn't make the cut, as Vesta Dynasty 347, and a few other stuff dug up from data mining shows.
We still needed the patches to get full run downs of what actually is in the game for the data to show correctly.

I remember PoE was still listed as a raid until after the patch was released for HoW on DestinyDB.

Lol, just loaded halfway into an IB match with only me on the map but the kill feed and score was showing, just ran around and captured flags for 5 minutes. 0 kills 0 deaths 475 points

Am uploading it now

todd360

Welp the bookstore didn't have the magazine. They didn't have any gaming magazines at all and it was a pretty big selection. I got Tokyo ghoul volume 2. I had to pull myself away. There are so mangas that I want to read/collect.

I want that damn magazine. I can't just order a subscription because I don't want the titan one if I can get Warlock or Hunter.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
nothing like unloading a shitload of bullets in the face of zerg rushing idiot with a shotgun, basically the worst scum in this game.

Dunk#7

QUESTION

Should I buy an emerald coil?

I don't like the looks of any rare sparrows currently, but I love the color green. Don't want to waste 23 strange coins before the expansion, but will these still be sold? Anything great about those upgrades over the raid sparrows?

Top Bottom