• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Rofl @ gaming side thread.

Complaining about the size of the patch and either saying they'll keep it Uninstalled or uninstall it because of that.

People these days are either never pleased or feel so entitled to stuff, or both.

Complain about ABC, then when that's fixed, magically find DEF and so forth.

Anyways, I'll need to free up some space on my ps4.

"Screw Bungie for adding content, who do they think they are?! The best thing they can do is just delete their sorry game from this world and apologize for wasting my time."

JayHayabusa

Do you get the first faction package while going from level 2 to 3 or level 3 to 4?

Trying to level my different factions just right :)

Gordon

I just want the trials cloak. T.T

Why won't you give me the cloak, RNGesus? ;__;
lol my buddy Hunter (his actual name) has been running weekly Deathsingers for the Shroud of Flies since CE dropped, and he still doesn't have it. He literally has every other piece of loot from CE, and that was the first one he wanted. It's almost like RNGesus knows.

Do you get the first faction package while going from level 2 to 3 or level 3 to 4?

Trying to level my different factions just right :)
2-3

Juraash

"Screw Bungie for adding content, who do they think they are?! The best thing they can do is just delete their sorry game from this world and apologize for wasting my time."

I'm so glad I've spent the last month or so back over here. I had almost forgotten how negative things can get on the other side.

Hahaha the best is the ones that don't have the game downloaded to begin with. As if their system is being messed with in any way.

The next best are the people who haven't played it in months and are upset. Like where have you been in the last few years? Games get patches all the time. They'd go insane if they had a Steam account then. It's like any other device that has memory on it, you maintain it!

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Finally reached Rank 4 in Iron Banner. Goodbye Banana, good to be done with the last pre-Taken King grind. Got my first Fellwinter's Lie, the great Hunter helmet and an etheric light.

Not even going to bother pushing my other character's through the Iron Banner this time.

Can't wait for Patch 2.0 and the first 2.0 Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.

Hahaha the best is the ones that don't have the game downloaded to begin with. As if their system is being messed with in any way.

The next best are the people who haven't played it in months and are upset. Like where have you been in the last few years? Games get patches all the time. They'd go insane if they had a Steam account then. It's like any other device that has memory on it, you maintain it!

You can't argue with ignorance, it just kills me that they also get upset at other people enjoying the game.

-

Sidenote: Is there a digital option out for me to get TTK + the emotes yet?

Ambitious

Three full VoG runs, and I've received only two helmets. (I'm trying to get all the VoG gear.) Disappointing.

:) 1st death in VoG was caused by someone ramming me off the edge with a speeder
2nd death was me not paying attention and jumping into nothing

and the rest we dont talk about.

Good fun, hopefully next time ill be able to pay 100% attention and use mic and not have to carry 3 conversations with people in the same room as me while doing VoG

Surely, this was just a friendly joke

Skoooolllllaaaasssss anyone?

PoE 34 if no Skolas?

I'm down, but I did it only once so far. I need to find a treasure key first, though.

I just want the trials cloak. T.T

Why won't you give me the cloak, RNGesus? ;__;

Tell me about it. I have received every piece of CE gear several times, except for the Hunter cloak. Not a single time.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
You can't argue with ignorance, it just kills me that they also get upset at other people enjoying the game.

-

Sidenote: Is there a digital option out for me to get TTK + the emotes yet?

I think they said that you will be able to purchase the Collector's Edition items (emotes and stuff) starting September 15th.

found this screencap from a video. for once, color looks good on a Hunter

bd3a72a84e39201ebd776823474cd3f3.jpg

reminds me of a forest elf.

I see Drizzy and Falifax have encountered the bundle of joy that is Tastemurmeleli (or however you spell it, we just call her Bob). Run whilst you can guys!

Mindlog

Trying to suss out my factions.
Future War Clowns is I/D and has the best outlook. Warlock will be rocking them.
Dead Orbit are the stylish emos. D/S is something for a Blink Hunter, but no one likes Hunters.
New Monarchy is lame, but I/S will be clutch for my Titan (Hammers/Debuff.) My Titan will rock NM and usurp the throne.

Future War Clowns for Warlock/Titan and NM for Titan it is.
You will be missed Dead Orbit.
Was trying to find what Grimoire I have left and came across this.
Hyisxx4.png

Dead Orbit goes hard.

Really wish I could do a better job breaking out what stats came from me and what came from me letting other people use my characters.

Out of curiosity, how do you communicate the skolas debuff without a mic? Dance or something when it's time to switch?

Dancing or waving works fine. Done 4-5 runs with mic-less folks, it's honestly super easy. As long as they can hear others there's no difference.

Also you can judge other people's Essence timer based on your immune timer. So if I'm first and the mic-less person is 3rd I know I can take it from them as soon as my Immunity is up, if that makes sense.

DarKshodaN

Since i finally beat Skolas with the help from Boguester, the last thing on my to do list for this week, is VoG Hard Mode.

I need to do it for the Year 1 Emblem, not a fan from this Raid, but if anyone runs this Raid later, please let me know.

Already finished VoG normal, so i have a idea what to do

Psn ID: darkshodan84

1ocUFdU.png

bungie sent me this email. would anyone be willing to hop into a story mission with me real quick so i could get this? i'm assuming a fireteam of 2 people would count.

Lnkn52

Will I be able to compress the resolution without shrinking the file size? If it's too small, some of the text will be hard to read on mobile.
You'll be reducing file size and keeping the same resolution.

Not home to demonstrate you the difference, but I would try that.

GutZ31

Will I be able to compress the resolution without shrinking the file size? If it's too small, some of the text will be hard to read on mobile.

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly.
Do you mean compress the file size without comprimizing the resolution, or compressing the resolution without changing the file size, that is already 9Mbs?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What format is it you're hitting 9mb with?

Save to Web -> JPEG High and playing with the quality slider is likely your best bet rather than reducing the resolution.

If you have to do so (to further reduce the file size), you can always preview it and test on mobile before posting.

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly.
Do you mean compress the file size without comprimizing the resolution, or compressing the resolution without changing the file size, that is already 9Mbs?

I want to keep the image large without making it look crappy or take forever to load.

You'll be reducing file size and keeping the same resolution.

Not home to demonstrate you the difference, but I would try that.

I'd have to see it to understand what you're saying.

What format is it you're hitting 9mb with?

Save to Web -> JPEG High and playing with the quality slider is likely your best bet rather than reducing the resolution.

If you have to do so (to further reduce the file size), you can always preview it and test on mobile before posting.

The entire image is currently 9MB. The image I posted is just one part and was 1.7MB

Simo

Hey DestinyGAF! Question for you all: So I've jumped back in after taking a break when TDB hit and briefly tried HoW content but now I'm fully back on board and trying to do everything I've missed or haven't tried to so that I can pretty much say I've done everything in Year 1.

So I've barely touched Trials, since my team got wrecked and everyone seems to use Thorn or Hawkmoon which I have neither lol, and I haven't defeated Skolas in PoE. So is Skolas pretty much impossible for someone who is level 33?

I ask because I've done all the other levels for the Prison but a friend who has finished Skolas once refuses to do it again because he said it was done by pure luck due to a Solar burn enabled and they were able to take it him out quick and won't even attempt it again unless he knew it had the same burn..? huh. lol

Top Bottom