• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

KxoZz

Finished up Pulse rifle and Sidearm kills. That's all the PvE stuff done. No more waking the Hive until TTKs sword... Now just Salvage wins and Titan PvP kills.
Reeeeaaally want to get those Salvage wins done before TTK so that I can focus on getting the 100 Rift wins lol

To many GB. Didn't download.

That thread is ridiculous. Only with Destiny would you see people complaining that they don't like the game and now they are angry they are adding more content. It's such a non-issue. If you like and play you'll be fine to download it, if not uninstall and quit being angry over something that shouldn't affect you.

Lnkn52

Still am. I cannot abandon the knights when they call me.

tytyt11144.gif
Lol, I don't know how you do it.

GhaleonEB

I'm finally ready for TTK. All three characters have 10x5k bounties completed and ready to hand in on day one. All three have Cyrptarch ranks ready to level up and I have at least 50 engrams to hand in to get another level afterwards. All are ready to rank up another level in Crucible and Vanguard, and ready to level up another level for another faction.

I just wrapped prepping my Hunter. 10x 5k bounties, almost over a Vanguard rank Cryparch has a ways to go, but I'll do dailies for a week and it'll get close to the next rank.

My Warlock is getting deleted on the 15th, so I dumped all her resources in the vault, along with her exotics. Swapped all gear to green stuff, sharded all her legendaries. Stripped bare.

I'll alternate bringing my Warlock up through the core game, and my Hunter working through the Taken King content. Should be fun. My Titan is on her own, and will inch along well behind the other two.

Lnkn52

I just wrapped prepping my Hunter. 10x 5k bounties, almost over a Vanguard rank Cryparch has a ways to go, but I'll do dailies for a week and it'll get close to the next rank.

My Warlock is getting deleted on the 15th, so I dumped all her resources in the vault, along with her exotics. Swapped all gear to green stuff, sharded all her legendaries. Stripped bare.

I'll alternate bringing my Warlock up through the core game, and my Hunter working through the Taken King content. Should be fun. My Titan is on her own, and will inch along well behind the other two.

Did you complete your triumphs yet?

GutZ31

Did you complete your triumphs yet?
What Lnkn said.

Hope you got your triumphs done.

btkadams

Guys, I have 2 warlocks and a Titan. The two warlocks were so that I could have twice the chance at weekly things like Crota raid for armor pieces on my warlock back in expansion one. I should delete this character now and start a hunter, right? I've really enjoyed levelling up a Titan, as it plays differently than a warlock. Is there a real advantage to having multiples of the same character anymore? It seems like the taken King is moving away from that. I just feel dirty deleting a character and need someone to push me ha.

Namikaze1

efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old.

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in. I have a life you know. :p

"Do you actually?"

No. :'(
Just wanted to remind folks.

Also, this is open to everyone regardless of console, grimoire score, guardian level, lack of Necrochasm, etc.

Actually, I take that. If you don't have a Necrochasm, you ain't getting on!
/s

You all got till September 6 to send me your emblems. After that, I am taking no more.

Just wanted to remind folks.

Also, this is open to everyone regardless of console, grimoire score, guardian level, lack of Necrochasm, etc.

Actually, I take that. I for don't have a Necrochasm, you ain't getting on!
/s

Thanks Nami, i'd never seen this. I'll send you a pic.

Can I send all my clan ones as well?

Guys, I have 2 warlocks and a Titan. The two warlocks were so that I could have twice the chance at weekly things like Crota raid for armor pieces on my warlock back in expansion one. I should delete this character now and start a hunter, right? I've really enjoyed levelling up a Titan, as it plays differently than a warlock. Is there a real advantage to having multiples of the same character anymore? It seems like the taken King is moving away from that. I just feel dirty deleting a character and need someone to push me ha.

Bungie seems to want to avoid needing to grind raid armor to hit max level/light so you probably won't need to have dupes. One of each class is always the best way to play since you can choose what best suits the activity. This will be even more true now that rewards are account based on more activities, so if you like playing PvE with Warlocks and PvP with Titans you can do that and be in good shape still.

I've regretted choosing warlock from the start. . . So I'm wondering. If I create a new hunter. Can I just play crucible to rank up to level 20 etc or do I NEED to play through the whole story again to unlock reef, elders, strikes etc. Do they unlock by level. . . Or do they unlock by story completion i guess is my question. Thanks!

The "Destiny has no content" argument has become a parody of itself at this point.

I'd argue that it's still kinda lacking in regular activities that provide meaningful rewards. Once TTK hits, the weekly activities people will be doing for *current* gear are Nightfall, new raid...daily heroic? Some random new strike playlist?

Why not update old raids to new levels? Or AT LEAST add higher levels to PoE and keep that current. PoE, as a whole, will have been relevant from May 2015 - September 2015. What a WASTE!

todd360

I'd argue that it's still kinda lacking in regular activities that provide meaningful rewards. Once TTK hits, the weekly activities people will be doing for *current* gear are Nightfall, new raid...daily heroic? Some random new strike playlist?

Why not update old raids to new levels? Or AT LEAST add higher levels to PoE and keep that current. PoE, as a whole, will have been relevant from May 2015 - September 2015. What a WASTE!

PoE sucks. It would be a waste to make us play that again. Leave it untouched.

The Raids I understand, but retiring PoE so soon does seem like a waste.

I don't particularly care for it though. There's going to be enough to do and I can't say I'll be missing Variks and his stupid mines.

Kyoufu

I don't want to do PoE again. Stop, guys. Stop.

Please.

PoE sucks. It would be a waste to make us play that again. Leave it untouched.

Agreed. PoE was a complete disappointment. It would have been much better if it was more similar to firefight. Have it be endless with rotating modifiers and increasing difficulty and guarantee better loot the further you go.

I don't want to do PoE again. Stop, guys. Stop.

Please.

The Raids I understand, but retiring PoE so soon does seem like a waste.

I don't particularly care for it though. There's going to be enough to do and I can't say I'll be missing Variks and his stupid mines.

I definitely understand the raids...I'm just greedy and want MOAR THINGS.

Also, I'm not a giant fan of PoE...I'd just like the option to do it and have it matter.

Kyoufu

I think some people here need to go play other MMOs and see how content works in those games. World of Warcraft moves from raid to raid. They don't update older content. They move on.

It makes no sense to update PoE. Why would we do PoE when Oryx is in our Solar system, ready to destroy us all?

GutZ31

Agreed. PoE was a complete disappointment. It would have been much better if it was more similar to firefight. Have it be endless with rotating modifiers and increasing difficulty and guarantee better loot the further you go.
It really is a disappointment.
They offer 2 random gifts, and the only one really worth a damn 90% of the time is the heavy ammo.
We could have had random turrets drop to use, or swords to mess around with, or a relic shield for gods sakes.

I really wish they used the relic shield for more than just the raid. It would be great for teaching people how to use it without having to wipe a team just for one person to learn the ropes.

Lexad

Just make sure whichever you delete does not impact your triumphs. Or at least wait until the timer finishes.

I think some people here need to go play other MMOs and see how content works in those games. World of Warcraft moves from raid to raid. They don't update older content. They move on.

It makes no sense to update PoE. Why would we do PoE when Oryx is in our Solar system, ready to destroy us all?

Well, I assume that WoW had a lot more content to get to the raids, and the raids generally take longer than 30-45 minutes to complete.

I really think they could have a much bigger player base, if there's more end game content. They don't have to implement new mechanics to old raid, but it isn't asking for much to have separate options for 32, 34, 36, and level 40 VOG and Crota raids. I feel Destiny would be a much more populated game if there is 3 high level raids to do every week. They don't have to upgrade the legendary gear, but give them chances for new exotics when you kill Crota or Atheon. It would be really beneficial if you ask me.

Something similar to what SoE did with fabled raids in Everquest would be awesome. Make them limited time events with unique drops. IMO there should be more PvE focused events like IB for PvP.

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/general/fabled

rc213

It really is a disappointment.
They offer 2 random gifts, and the only one really worth a damn 90% of the time is the heavy ammo.
We could have had random turrets drop to use, or swords to mess around with, or a relic shield for gods sakes.

I really wish they used the relic shield for more than just the raid. It would be great for teaching people how to use it without having to wipe a team just for one person to learn the ropes.

GutZ31 for Bungle president!

I actually saw a suggestion in the gaming side about how to keep raids relevant. Just allow for the vault drops to transform the way relevant gear looks. A lot of raid equipment looks great and it would give players a reason to go back other than strong gear.

EL CUCO

So I finished all the story missions, but on the Black Garden final mission I skipped right to Orbit after beating the boss. I didn't get the the Strangers Rifle cutscene, is that because I went to Orbit?

tumblr_nlzxcmLMOl1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Thanks to Rubenov and JGW I got to Mercury for the first time
In 6 weeks.

Also saw Wicked get a triple sniper headshot kill!!1one #ProudPapa #Witness #LetsGo

So I finished all the story missions, but on the Black Garden final mission I skipped right to Orbit after beating the boss. I didn't get the the Strangers Rifle cutscene, is that because I went to Orbit?
Yeah. you have to sit through the cut-scene to get the SR. You can replay the mission and get it though.

Namikaze1

Yep. You have to watch the entire cutscene that follows to get it.

Bogeypop

Thanks Biggy and Pink for showing my Hunter Mercury! No Void Scholar, but I shouldn't complain when I get a Solar Jewel on my first flawless Trials last week!

Kyoufu

Well, I assume that WoW had a lot more content to get to the raids, and the raids generally take longer than 30-45 minutes to complete.

I really think they could have a much bigger player base, if there's more end game content. They don't have to implement new mechanics to old raid, but it isn't asking for much to have separate options for 32, 34, 36, and level 40 VOG and Crota raids. I feel Destiny would be a much more populated game if there is 3 high level raids to do every week. They don't have to upgrade the legendary gear, but give them chances for new exotics when you kill Crota or Atheon. It would be really beneficial if you ask me.

I think you're overestimating how much of the player base actually partakes in raids.

This. And besides we are a new arena called Court of Oryx. :p

Top Bottom