• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

No! You're dead to me...

You know what you did.

>.>

<.<

200.gif

Baliis

So now that I'm level 33 what do I do? How do I get to 34?

Keep running PoE? Should I do VoG or CE? I've never done either one.

Run poe for armor cores and get those pieces, or get etheric light from nightfall, trials, iron banner, poe, and upgrade armor to max light.

E92 M3

While I'm reading this thread, my phone (Android, Galaxy S4, which I just turned on) popped up a notification "Updating Messenger". You can probably tell what I was thinking for the first couple of seconds. Damn you, Destiny.

Oh it'll be updated alright ;)

ocean

Banned
Nobody posted this was up on the other thread.

There I was, wondering why nobody posted...lol.

Final stretch gals and guys. Hoarding Strange Coins, Planetary Mats, Public Event packages, edging out factions, capping Marks, grinding exotic rolls for that white whale...

Bungie doesn't want this to be a second job. But by God we'll try to make it one. Let the pre-TK grind fest commence in all its random bullshitty glory.

hew9753

I was just grinding some 28 POE to get boss points for the Cipher bounty, picked up a legendary engram and got my first Hawkmoon out of it! Best luck I've ever had with RNG in this game.

ocean

Banned
I was just grinding some 28 POE to get boss points for the Cipher bounty, picked up a legendary engram from the big chest and got my first Hawkmoon out of it! Best luck I've ever had with RNG in this game.
75 points per boss = you'll never be done. Try to find a group for PoE 35 (550 points) or 34 (like 300-350 ish?). It'll go waaay faster :p
Congrats on the classiest weapon in the game.

I was just grinding some 28 POE to get boss points for the Cipher bounty, picked up a legendary engram from the big chest and got my first Hawkmoon out of it! Best luck I've ever had with RNG in this game.

Congrats!!! Level it and enjoy it. The weapon patch incoming doesn't hurt it too much so should still be a top tier.

Edit. Also you may want to run the 34. 425 points from this weeks!

noomi

So I got the thunderlord last night. Is that any good?

And from the old thread, thanks Hawk! I joined the late group. I was just confused because it did show the time range as 10pm to 4am for me, and we didn't seem to have any group from like 4pm until 10pm (which is usually the range in which I play).

Thunderlord is very good, and is moving into year 2 :)

Deku Tree

I was just grinding some 28 POE to get boss points for the Cipher bounty, picked up a legendary engram and got my first Hawkmoon out of it! Best luck I've ever had with RNG in this game.

Congrats! BTW I think that you don't get cypher points from the 28. 32 and up.

j-wood

Now i'm torn on which exotic to use.

I have suros, which i know is getting a year 2. Despite what everyone says, this is the gun I still do the best with in PVP. Regularly around 1.5 K/D with it.

I have Ice Breaker, great for PVE (usually switch to fang of yur frut when using Ice).

But I also now have Hawkmoon, which I hear is great in PVP, but I don't seem to do as well with it as I do with Suros. Maybe because it's not leveled and my suros is maxed?

Now I have the thunderlord.

Congrats! BTW I think that you don't get cypher points from the 28. 32 and up.

Yeah you do, you just can't get the queen's cipher from 28.

For sipher points you get like 75 for every miniboss, 200 for the 32 boss, 300 for the 34 boss, and 450 for Skolas.

But since Skolas comes with that Pilot Servitor every time, it's a guaranteed 525 points or something.

LTWood12

I've never been one to save a full cache of bounties, PE packages, etc. Always just kind of went w/ the flow. But now that opening content is pretty much xp based, I feel really behind.

darthbob

I've never been one to save a full cache of bounties, PE packages, etc. Always just kind of went w/ the flow. But now that opening content is pretty much xp based, I feel really behind.

If do one PE a day 'til TTK you'll have a butt ton of XP in daily packages.

Stockpile that shit yo.

ocean

Banned
In the grand scheme of things, reaching level 40 or max the new subclass on the first week vs. the second or third week won't make a meaningful impact. No need to rush.

Still got plenty of time to horde them. I started edging faction rep about 2 months ago. As I have limited play time I didn't want to rush it. So I just edged them while doing normal bounties and nightfalls etc.

Public events I just grab as and when. Started that about a month ago and currently have about 12 on my Titan, 10 on hunter and 6 on warlock. If I fill them up then awesome. If not I don't mind. It'll be a nice boost and I haven't had to grind them.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Loving Her Right Hand. Can't wait to upgrade its damage to 365 and my defense. Need rank 3 in Iron Banner for some Etheric Light. Would like to do POE 32 for an Armor Core.

Honestly, I never get into this trend.

To me, it's like someone going through this effort to make this absolutely delicious pie, and then you throw it into a pie eating contest where someone isn't even going to pay attention to the taste, just how fast they can consume it.

Most of us here are higher end players. Just take your time and enjoy it. You'll be at the high end again sooner than you think.

Personally, I was thinking about deleting a lot of my legendaries already. I know I can do that later when TTK comes out and get stuff for them, but I don't think I'm really going to need that stuff that quickly.

Plus I could really afford to clean house.

I'm disappointed at the lack of new jumping abilities for the TTK subclasses.

Meh, jumping options are fine. Except it seems odd that Titan has all 3 classes with the same jumps. At least Warlock and Hunter have 1 class that is unique in the jumping.

I'm more disappointed in the grenades. They couldn't think up 9 unique grenades that they had to borrow like 5 or 6 of them from other subclasses. Makes me sad.

Deku Tree

In the grand scheme of things, reaching level 40 or max the new subclass on the first week vs. the second or third week won't make a meaningful impact. No need to rush.

It means you can do the NF and the legendary heroic, etc, in the first or second week. Whether or not that is important to people is up to them.

I have suros, which i know is getting a year 2. Despite what everyone says, this is the gun I still do the best with in PVP. Regularly around 1.5 K/D with it.

I have Ice Breaker, great for PVE (usually switch to fang of yur frut when using Ice).

But I also now have Hawkmoon, which I hear is great in PVP, but I don't seem to do as well with it as I do with Suros. Maybe because it's not leveled and my suros is maxed?

First-world problems! :)

congrats on the get!

flkraven

Finally upgraded my Lord of Wolves all the way last night. Is the regen proc really noticeable? I mean, if I keep mowing down fools near my fire team, will they just be constantly regening health?

It means you can do the NF and the legendary heroic, etc, in the first or second week. Whether or not that is important to people is up to them.

Looks like the Nightfall is just trapped behind the story missions. There are 10 of them.

We only have 6 levels to climb. Between bounties and mission XP, the odds of us hitting 40 by the last mission are pretty high, I'd say.

Homeboyd

It depends on the situation. TLord and Hawkmoon are great PvP weapons, but you often don't have heavy in PvP, so I'd stick with Hawkmoon (yes over Suros, at least until the buff), and then you can switch to TLord when heavy drops. Ice Breaker is THE PvE Gawd but it's about to get its nuts clipped and then left on the curb in 2.0 whereas the other 3 you have are carrying forward. Suros 2.0 should be a good one, but I'm sure TLord and Hawkmoon will both be good as well even though HMoon is getting nerfed as well.

noomi

Finally upgraded my Lord of Wolves all the way last night. Is the regen proc really noticeable? I mean, if I keep mowing down fools near my fire team, will they just be constantly regening health?

It's a pretty small boost now, but if I remember correctly Bungie said somewhere that it was getting a buff to give a higher heal.

Personally, I was thinking about deleting a lot of my legendaries already. I know I can do that later when TTK comes out and get stuff for them, but I don't think I'm really going to need that stuff that quickly.
Whether you delete Y1 legendaries now or after TTK comes out, you'll get the same 'stuff'. It only matters if you want to continue to use them until then.

Lee

No confirmation as to whether this is live at midnight on 9/14, or at like 10am Bungie Time 9/15 yet, correct?

Would really like to know if I should take 9/15 off or just take 9/16 off. Gotta maximize that PTO.

Hands? Are we talking about hands?

Catching up on the Best Show on Earth:
Also, thanks Drizzay for the BB warranty tip. I bought a blue DS4 yesterday and I made sure to buy that warranty. I'm worry free now.
giphy.gif

What are the details for the warranty?

Looks like the Nightfall is just trapped behind the story missions. There are 10 of them.

We only have 6 levels to climb. Between bounties and mission XP, the odds of us hitting 40 by the last mission are pretty high, I'd say.

yeah, but i think it'll take us more than 6 levels to max our new subclasses :/
i think i will start stocking up on PE packages just to max out the subclass.

flkraven

I have a physical copy of destiny + the 2 DLCs. I am getting the TTK, but I would like to get a Digital copy of Destiny (and I obviously want the new emotes, class items, etc). Is the 'best value' really just the $80 digital collectors edition?

E92 M3

I have a physical copy of destiny + the 2 DLCs. I am getting the TTK, but I would like to get a Digital copy of Destiny (and I obviously want the new emotes, class items, etc). Is the 'best value' really just the $80 digital collectors edition?

In your case, yeah.

Nice the best title won :)

Nami you say that those enemy races thing wont work on mobile but it works on my iphone 5. I can click them.

Namikaze1

So far, I have seen one emblem repeated twice and another one repeated 3 times.

Still no Victory Eagle in sight. Thank god.

Also, so many 34s...

Homeboyd

Should I buy some exotic shards from Xur to fully upgrade my Gjallarhorn and TLW?
In my opinion, no. Gjallarhorn is being capped at Season 1 max and will be outclassed by low level gear in TTK and TLW has a 2.0 version coming in TTK that you'll have to level separately anyways.

Tjamato88

I guess Bungie would have no idea since I bought my Destiny bundle from GameStop but it's kinda bullshit that I'm not gonna get any cool stuff even though I've had Destiny since it launched and was invested enough to buy the expansion pass too.

/gimme the goddamn Sprinkler emote

Lnkn52

What are the details for the warranty?

B. Accidental Damage from Handling Coverage (ADH) on Accessories.

&#8226; Repair or replacement, at our sole discretion, of up to a total of six (6) accessories per year.

&#8226; ADH Coverage will provide coverage for parts and labor costs to repair your accessory as a result of
damage to your accessory that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (drops and
spills) that arise from your normal daily usage of the accessory as the manufacturer intended. If we
determine in our sole discretion that your accessory cannot be repaired, we will replace it with a accessory
of like kind and quality that is of comparable performance or reimburse you for replacement of the accessory
with a voucher or gift card, at our discretion, equal to the current market value of the accessory, as
determined by us, not to exceed the original purchase price of your accessory, including taxes.

&#8226; One-time ADH repair/replacement per accessory for the life of the Plan.

&#8226; ADH Exclusions: gaming consoles, accessories that fall from elevated heights such as decks, balconies, or
out of windows, units that have been run over or that fall from moving vehicles, damage from liquid
immersion/submersion or any other secondary damage or using the product in a manner the manufacturer
did not intend are not covered.

Top Bottom