• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Namikaze1

A bit over halfway done with the 3rd column. May have to just cover the traveler with emblems. Fuck it. It'll be just a collage of DGaffers emblems.

Edit: top of the page!

qk6K3x5.jpg
If you want to be added to the ever growing DGAF 1 Year Anniversary pic, please PM me a pic of your emblem. You guys have till September 6 to send in your emblems.

Btw, that photo is old. You should see what it looks like now. Well, you won't see it till the 9th. :p

purg3

slept with Malkin
That forever 29 thread. I could never get the raid helmet in vanilla, those were dark days.

haha yeah. I got lucky on the armor drops, so I got to 30 pretty easily. It's the weapons that killed me. Almost 4 months from VoG HM to get a Fatebringer...

Not sure if i should max the public packages. Might loose some gooodies if my postmaster will be full.

15/20 should do it?

I'm going to do about that same. That with the redbull code should give a nice boost.

noomi

I have a physical copy of destiny + the 2 DLCs. I am getting the TTK, but I would like to get a Digital copy of Destiny (and I obviously want the new emotes, class items, etc). Is the 'best value' really just the $80 digital collectors edition?

Buy the $40 TTK Digital Xpac, upon release they will let you purchase the emotes/class items...etc for an additional $20.

xinek

Another annoying question... I'm level 28, no DLC. I liked Crucible a lot back in October before I quit playing Destiny. Nowadays, do you need an exotic weapon, etc, to have any fun in there (outside Iron Banner)? What PvP weapons are people really liking?

noomi

Another annoying question... I'm level 28, no DLC. I liked Crucible a lot back in October before I quit playing Destiny. Nowadays, do you need an exotic weapon, etc, to have any fun in there (outside Iron Banner)? What PvP weapons are people really liking?

There are no annoying questions here, ask away, we are all here to help :)

The Best Weapons For Crucible At The Moment:

Primaries:
- The Last Word/Thorn/Hawkmoon
- Hopscotch Pilgrim/Messenger/Red Death

Special:
- Matador 64/Party Crasher/Felwinters Lie/Judgement
- Her Benevolence/Shadow of Veils/LDR/Efrideets Spear

Heavy:
- Ash Factory/Radegast Fury/Truth
- BTRD/Jolders Hammer/Thunderlord

Come patch 2.0 this will all change.

Raybunny

Hey there new OT. I like the honor ppl chosen. Love that part always;

PRAISE RNFKINHGESUS or hate that.... little mouuufoouuuu

This will be me very very soon:

4thh.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin

Primaries:

Special:

Heavy:

Pulse rifles should still be in a pretty good spot, and I don't think much is changing with HMG's. But yeah, good bye to just about everything else come 2.0

noomi

Pulse rifles should still be in a pretty good spot, and I don't think much is changing with HMG's. But yeah, good bye to just about everything else come 2.0

Agreed, I think pulse rifles and scout rifles will become the new kings of crucible.

I'm still holding out for handcannons as well.

Shotguns/snipers/rockets/hmg's will still be effective in my opinion.

Agreed, I think pulse rifles and scout rifles will become the new kings of crucible.

Effective, not overpowered like it currently is. Specifically shotguns.

E92 M3

Primaries:

Special:

Heavy:

Strange, I don't see Against All Odds on your list.

Had some more time to modify some of the headers and do new ones:

General/Vanguard (white font is also nice):
vanguard36koqq.png

Crucible:
crucible24hoxc.png

Dead Orbit:
deadorbit_test09rs1.png

deadorbit_test2ybpb2.png

cohesive4eozz.png

New Monarchy:
newmonarchy38zpep.png

newmonarchy4l1r4y.png

Future War Cult:
fwc360qx5.png

What will Etheric Light do in year two?

As far as I know, it's pointless to spend it on anything, right? Anything that takes it will be worthless in a few weeks, eh?

dat new thread smell.

Happy Friday and OT 29 everyone.

Time to get these Peregrine Greaves...but why no love for Defender Titans as far as Exotic armor goes? I can't think of any besides Glasshouse, but it is early and I haven't had coffee yet.

Also, I may start doing this Public Event package grind 3x a day up until TTK. Seems like a good idea.

dat new thread smell.

Happy Friday and OT 29 everyone.

Time to get these Peregrine Greaves...but why no love for Defender Titans as far as Exotic armor goes? I can't think of any besides Glasshouse, but it is early and I haven't had coffee yet.

Also, I may start doing this Public Event package grind 3x a day up until TTK. Seems like a good idea.
Helm of Saint 14. Those ugly purple arms too.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I think handcannons will still be viable, just not the standard they are today. I'm more curious to see where auto rifles will come out in the new meta though. I do agree that scouts will probably be at the top of the pack.

I did the mistake of wasting away 138 motes trying to get Feebcack gauntlets out of Exotic Engrams but failed

at least I know that I have 6 pending Exotic Shards though

Dave_6

Happy OT29! TTK hype is in full swing. So happy I decided to and was able to take off the 15th and 16th!

Gordon

Oh. My. God. Running with NLB and Vestian Dynasty in IB and RNGesus is like, "Dude, dude, come on man.."
Timur's Lash (woot, only my second one) and a Matador (my third, but with a way better roll than the others I have - AggBalls/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/LiTC)

And yes, I'm on 360 so I have to take photographs of my TV - sorry about that

zewone

So now that I'm level 33 what do I do? How do I get to 34?

Keep running PoE? Should I do VoG or CE? I've never done either one.
You need etheric light or PoE armor to reach 34.

You should do the raids because it's the best PVE content in the game. Maybe join a newbie VoG run because it's the most fun going in semi blind.

flkraven

Buy the $40 TTK Digital Xpac, upon release they will let you purchase the emotes/class items...etc for an additional $20.

But then I'm stuck with a physical copy of Destiny. So it's either $60 for the expansion + emotes or an extra $20 to go digital.

Maybe I'll just keep the physical copy... it's not like I ever take it out of my machine...

Primaries:

Special:

Heavy:

I'd honestly take the Spear off this list, outside the slightly higher bodyshot damage/final round shenanigans it's completely outclassed.

For regular crucible the high RoF/low impact sniper rifles are good as well, specifically the Eye of Sol and Low grade Humility.

noomi

Strange, I don't see Against All Odds on your list.

I'd honestly take the Spear off this list, outside the slightly higher bodyshot damage/final round shenanigans it's completely outclassed.

For regular crucible the high RoF/low impact sniper rifles are good as well, specifically the Eye of Sol and Low grade Humility.

It was just a quick list of the top/most used weapons in my experience. I probably left out a bunch of good ones. Feel free to add any other good ones ;)

Haybro

Happy OT29! TTK hype is in full swing. So happy I decided to and was able to take off the 15th and 16th!

Nice! I took off the 15th and 16th off too. The easy part was requesting it off at work, the tough part was explaining why to the GF...

Namikaze1

Guys, when you send me your emblem, please make sure it has your gamertag / psn ID on it like so:

ve7nyT1.jpg

I was bored...

Also, I hate you Haybro. You gave me the Victory Eagle on purpose didn't you?

E92 M3

Oh. My. God. Running with NLB and Vestian Dynasty in IB and RNGesus is like, "Dude, dude, come on man.."

Timur's Lash (woot, only my second one) and a Matador (my third, but with a way better roll than the others I have - AggBalls/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/LiTC)

And yes, I'm on 360 so I have to take photographs of my TV - sorry about that

Damn, you're an endangered species around here playing on the 360 lol. Planning on getting the bone?

It was just a quick list of the top/most used weapons. I probably left out a bunch of good ones. Feel free to add any other good ones ;)

That should have been the only one :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Worth getting the Peregrine Greaves for PVP? I saw that shoulder charge damage goes to 600 rather than 200. Would be handy for the fist fights I lose by a few health.

Daemul

Is anyone with 3 maxed characters going to start TTK with a class other than the one they started the game with? I've been busy leveling my third character (a Warlock) but can't wait to get back to my Titan for TTK.

I started with a Titan and I do feel the urge to go back to it for TTK, but I know that the moment I enter PvP with him and I get screwed over by rolling Nightstalkers and their anti-super bow, and I get fucked by Stormcallers callers with their 100% guaranteed to be bullshit arcbolt+arc web combo and a melee range long enough to hit me across the room, I'll remember exactly why I stopped playing as a Titan in the first place and I'll rage quit back to Hunter.

So for the sake of my sanity I'll just start with the Hunter.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Worth getting the Peregrine Greaves for PVP? I saw that shoulder charge damage goes to 600 rather than 200. Would be handy for the fist fights I lose by a few health.

I don't think it's worth using them over Armamentarium. They are super fun to use and they look badass though.

They are awesome for PVE with brawler modifier on. Insane damage.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't think it's worth using them over Armamentarium. They are super fun to use and they look badass though.

They are awesome for PVE with brawler modifier on. Insane damage.

I hope the extra damage from these is so strong that it lets me knee Atheon though the fucking timestream and kill all of the vex in one go.
Stole it from Scamdor.

Top Bottom