• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Karl2177

Worth getting the Peregrine Greaves for PVP? I saw that shoulder charge damage goes to 600 rather than 200. Would be handy for the fist fights I lose by a few health.

They are better for PvE than PvP. A shoulder charge will kill in PvP unless they are a Ram, so it's fairly useless there. In PvE on Arc Brawler Nightfalls, it is possible to kill the spider tank with a single shoulder charge. It also is good at killing some larger enemies that don't go down in a full charge.

I started with a Titan and I do feel the urge to go back to it for TTK, but I know that the moment I enter PvP with him and I get screwed over by rolling Nightstalkers and their anti-super bow, and I get fucked by Stormcallers callers with their 100% guaranteed to be bullshit arcbolt+arc web combo and a melee range long enough to hit me across the room, I'll remember exactly why I stopped playing as a Titan in the first place and I'll rage quit back to Hunter.

So for the sake of my sanity I'll just start with the Hunter.

I started with a Titan, 2nd Warlock, 3rdly Hunter

I have been spending more time with my Warlock on both PvE and PVP;
I spend less time in PvP with my Titan but still use him often in PvE
My Hunter, I barely use him in PvE but I break him out time to time to wreck in PvP.

I will be favoring Warlock in TTK first; then go to Titan 2nd, then Hunter 3rd.

I hope that the Titan Sunbreaker can make him more fun because I find Defender to be boring as fuck

Navy Bean

I started with a Titan and I do feel the urge to go back to it for TTK, but I know that the moment I enter PvP with him and I get screwed over by rolling Nightstalkers and their anti-super bow, and I get fucked by Stormcallers callers with their 100% guaranteed to be bullshit arcbolt+arc web combo and a melee range long enough to hit me across the room, I'll remember exactly why I stopped playing as a Titan in the first place and I'll rage quit back to Hunter.

So for the sake of my sanity I'll just start with the Hunter.

Flaming Hammers should help ease the pain, no?

noomi

one of these days I'm going to ctrl+v to link something and post something completely stupid....

These are the things noomi is afraid of.

*edit*

Reverting back to old avatar..... for now....

Gordon

Damn, you're an endangered species around here playing on the 360 lol. Planning on getting the bone?
Meh not really. I don't have the money to invest in new hardware, and my wife and I play together so that would be two new consoles and two new copies of Destiny, and all the DLC. Maybe down the road if they start selling them REALLY cheap, but I have kids so spending big wads of money on myself just doesn't feel good. Plus if I had that much money and I could justify spending it on myself, I'd go on a vacation instead lol I'm old.

I could take off work, but my wife would just say "great!" and hand me the baby to take care of....

I have a feeling the Mrs is going to do this to me too, I remember I stayed home sick once and she left him with me saying, Im not paying for daycare when your going to be home. Ill just take him to daycare once she leaves for work.

LTWood12

Absolutely love the design. Wonder how suros HC will look like.
11201847_1068638983154441_8922722385284298879_n.jpg

where did you get this image?

Dave_6

Nice! I took off the 15th and 16th off too. The easy part was requesting it off at work, the tough part was explaining why to the GF...

Nice lol. This is the first time I've ever taken off for a video game haha. I'm glad my boss never asks why I'm taking off.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I could take off work, but my wife would just say "great!" and hand me the baby to take care of....

I have a feeling the Mrs is going to do this to me too, I remember I stayed home sick once and she left him with me saying, Im not paying for daycare when your going to be home. Ill just take him to daycare once she leaves for work.
I told my girlfriend I wanted to stay home and got lectured. She is right though I shouldn't ask for a day off at a new job. 😅

Nice! I took off the 15th and 16th off too. The easy part was requesting it off at work, the tough part was explaining why to the GF...
My situation

My titan hasnt got too much love lately, but that FIRE HAMMER! should be just thing to reinvigorate her.

ALL HAIL THE FLAMING HAMMER!

Tjamato88

I'd honestly take the Spear off this list, outside the slightly higher bodyshot damage/final round shenanigans it's completely outclassed.

For regular crucible the high RoF/low impact sniper rifles are good as well, specifically the Eye of Sol and Low grade Humility.
I love Low Grade Humility. It's my go to sniper.

That gun and Pantheon are made for each other.

E92 M3

Meh not really. I don't have the money to invest in new hardware, and my wife and I play together so that would be two new consoles and two new copies of Destiny, and all the DLC. Maybe down the road if they start selling them REALLY cheap, but I have kids so spending big wads of money on myself just doesn't feel good. Plus if I had that much money and I could justify spending it on myself, I'd go on a vacation instead lol I'm old.

Ah, understandable. Nonetheless, they will be very cheap during Black Friday. Keep your eye out!

Lee

I'm so happy with the changes in the weekly update. I never expected Bungie to cater to people with only one character. Never even asked for it, but it's just so nice of them.

Z4Vx4sk.png

bzv0ew6.png

one of these days I'm going to ctrl+v to link something and post something completely stupid....

These are the things noomi is afraid of.

*edit*

Reverting back to old avatar..... for now....

Since I post alot at work, I always worry Im going to accidentally copy some confidential work information and post it in here. have to be careful.

E92 M3

I'm so happy with the changes in the weekly update. I never expected Bungie to cater to people with only one character. Never even asked for it, but it's just so nice of them.

Z4Vx4sk.png

bzv0ew6.png

You'll still want to play as the other characters because they supposedly have unique class-based weapons now!

darthbob

ugh, that mag size, I would expect more based on the stats, looks cool though. yeah, I really want to see the Suros handcannons. they gonna be slick looking.

I don't know what they're thinking by reducing the mag size back down to First Look Alpha/Beta levels. HCs were terrible in those mainly because of the low mag and low reload. :/

Z4Vx4sk.png

bzv0ew6.png

really wish i would have kept those starter emblems :( and there is only one way to play destiny. and thats with all 3 classes.

Nothing makes regular Crucible randos dumber than seeing my Titan bubble. People run into it while I'm holding a shotgun. Yes, I'm prepared for you slide/shotgun as I have my own shotty aimed lowed. Please, pointblank yourself so I don't have to move. People stand slack-jawed just a few feet from the edge thinking I won't leave. "HA-ha, you wish," I think as I charge out and beat them down. People run away even though I'm the lone guy on the point and my teammates now have you surrounded.

Doesn't hurt that all the dedicated players are in IB right now, but still, point stands. Bubbles make people dumb.

Tjamato88

So my Destiny checklist:

1) Starting doing NF -- never done one
2) Clear both raids on NM and HM
3) Finish off PoE and get better at it. Both runs I've done I have no idea what to do.

darknil

I was thinking on how to approach TTK and after reading the weekly update I think I'm gonna start a new character, go though vanilla story and then see how I end up level wise against TDB and HoW mission levels, if required I'll use the exp up on that moment.

Once there I'll go check the new story, but I'll try not to rush it, level 40 will come eventually and I suck anyways in IB and Trials.

E92 M3

I don't know what they're thinking by reducing the mag size back down to First Look Alpha/Beta levels. HCs were terrible in those mainly because of the low mag and low reload. :/

Yeah, I am really worried about HCs - by far my most favorite weapon class in the game.

well, they nerfed auto rifles into obscurity. They always seem to go too overboard with these nerfs. one of these days they will bring balance to the force. one day......

GutZ31

A bit over halfway done with the 3rd column. May have to just cover the traveler with emblems. Fuck it. It'll be just a collage of DGaffers emblems.

Edit: top of the page!

If you want to be added to the ever growing DGAF 1 Year Anniversary pic, please PM me a pic of your emblem. You guys have till September 6 to send in your emblems.

Btw, that photo is old. You should see what it looks like now. Well, you won't see it till the 9th. :p

Hoo boy, looks like I need to send another picture that isnt so small.
Took my screen from the bungie.net screen and I think its longer than the ones in game.

Lee

really wish i would have kept those starter emblems :( and there is only one way to play destiny. and thats with all 3 classes.

Oh I've played all three.

pcNns1D.png

Just no time any more. A few nights a week and I find I enjoy it a lot more without worrying about completing everything or switching between characters for checkpoints. It's not a bad way to play.

darthbob

Yeah, I am really worried about HCs - by far my most favorite weapon class in the game.

Like, I don't think Hawmoon should have 13 shots or Fatebringer, bring them down to ~10 and I'd be happy.

But it looks like older lower capacity HCs, ones that had ~8-9 shots are now 5-6 and that's just too low.

So my Destiny checklist:

1) Starting doing NF -- never done one
2) Clear both raids on NM and HM
3) Finish off PoE and get better at it. Both runs I've done I have no idea what to do.

if you need some help with this stuff, let us know. ill be available this weekend.

I was thinking on how to approach TTK and after reading the weekly update I think I'm gonna start a new character, go though vanilla story and then see how I end up level wise against TDB and HoW mission levels, if required I'll use the exp up on that moment.

Once there I'll go check the new story, but I'll try not to rush it, level 40 will come eventually and I suck anyways in IB and Trials.

good idea to use some strange coins and buy an exotic, so once your new baby reaches 20 they will automatically jump a few levels. :)

Top Bottom