• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

darthbob

QUESTION

Should I buy an emerald coil?

I don't like the looks of any rare sparrows currently, but I love the color green. Don't want to waste 23 strange coins before the expansion, but will these still be sold? Anything great about those upgrades over the raid sparrows?

giphy.gif

Dunk#7

QUESTION

I don't like the looks of any rare sparrows currently, but I love the color green. Don't want to waste 23 strange coins before the expansion, but will these still be sold? Anything great about those upgrades over the raid sparrows?

**reposted because I ended up the last comment on previous page (and we all know those never get seen haha)
Edit: lol I was wrong

GutZ31

QUESTION

It makes your sparrow faster than a rare sparrow, so thats nice.
They will likely still be sold after TTK drops, but if you don't already have a raid sparrow, its nice to have a legendary sparrow for the added speed.

ich00

QUESTION

Do it!

There's a green sparrow somewhere that looks cool with the coil.

Kalamari

Ask Drizz, Rubenov, or Wicked. They all are fantastic players and have helped so many in Dgaf get to Mercury. Unstable used to be the go to for carries but he is busy fixing his desk nowadays.

Unstable will probably have his desk fixed by the time Drizzay finishes his Thunderlord post.

I have to admit, I have seen the light. I was a bit scared going into Trials for the first time with TLW, but man its an awesome gun. Close to 10 Mercury runs so far with it now I think. Never picking up Thorn again.

QUESTION

Green trail looks cool. The boost is slightly faster than the raid sparrow but you don't have the special exploding perk to go even faster.

ocean

Banned
I have to admit, I have seen the light. I was a bit scared going into Trials for the first time with TLW, but man its an awesome gun. Close to 10 Mercury runs so far with it now I think. Never picking up Thorn again.
It's the gun that makes Destiny feel like Destiny to me.

I wonder what changes the Year 2 version will have, if any.

I really never hated playing PvP in Destiny, I just hated facing shotgunners. But Iron Banner has really instilled a hatred for "high leveled" play. Nearly everyone in Iron Banner play like an absolute pussy with blink/shotgun. It's truly disgusting.

Rant over.

I'd say that TLW definitely suits your hyper aggressive playstyle more than Thorn does.

GutZ31

Thorn 2.0
Now damage over time stacks up to 5x, and final round has been moved to first round.
The new perk for 2.0 is one random bullet has the ability to turn foe into friendly for the victims remaining life.​

This is all bullshit. don't believe my lies.

Ikkarus

Replace TLW with Hawkmoon and that's me. :)

Massive fan of the Hawkmoon especially when it procs on a revive!

Magik

I really never hated playing PvP in Destiny, I just hated facing shotgunners. But Iron Banner has really instilled a hatred for "high leveled" play. Nearly everyone in Iron Banner play like an absolute pussy with blink/shotgun. It's truly disgusting.

Rant over.

The current meta makes pvp feel like complete ass. Its not fun if you're not using a hand cannon and shotgun combo.

ocean

Banned

Rant over.
Iron Banner isn't "high level", it's just laggy. It also attracts a lot of people who don't usually play PvP, so your chances for having terrible teammates is super high.

If you wanna see truly high level play, check out guys like Warbulletproof (Sunsinger/TLW/Sniper), AEGabriel (Striker/TLW/Sniper), or any of 13Devils (Nghtly, Catfanone) who generally use TLW/Sniper too.

Of course blink shotgun is also part of high level play, but not exactly the way you'll find with randoms in Iron Banner.

56445686.jpg

One down, more to go.

Haha, preach!

Its got a lot going for it, but in the right hands its massively OP.
Im more of a fan of true sci-fi stuff, a throwback like TLW is nice, but I hope TKK has more of the fantasy/sci-fi stuff in store for us.

Nice! Now swap that shotgun out for a sniper and you're good :p

You'll always be lonely in the middle.

I tried, but I don't have the patience for sniping. Gotta get right in the middle of where the action is man!

I'd say that TLW definitely suits your hyper aggressive playstyle more than Thorn does.

Yeah, I don't know how my playstyle ever worked out with Thorn haha!

Replace TLW with Hawkmoon and that's me. :)

Massive fan of the Hawkmoon especially when it procs on a revive!

I gotta try the Hawkmoon again sometime, used it once when I sucked at PvP and never looked at it again.

SgtCobra

I'm the complete opposite. I've been doing really well with the snipers but I can only kill with a shotgun from behind. :p
I can't hit a target even if they stood still. I have literally no idea how to use those things. Shotguns are pretty straight forward imo :p aim and the death will follow.
Sad that Fusion Rifles suck and will keep on sucking in comparison with shotties.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
8 more strikes for Juju. Such a grind. (╥_╥)

I can't hit a target even if they stood still. I have literally no idea how to use those things. Shotguns are pretty straight forward imo :p aim and the death will follow.
Sad that Fusion Rifles suck and will keep on sucking in comparison with shotties.

I've done pretty well these past weeks with fusions especially the Plan C what Xur is selling at the moment. I haven't fully upgraded it but the range is great.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh boy again.

I am a believer in snapshot.

And despite the spear being more powerful, the HB feels lighter and more accurate.

Top Bottom