• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

noomi

hahah <3 u DGAF, never change.

well, they nerfed auto rifles into obscurity. They always seem to go too overboard with these nerfs. one of these days they will bring balance to the force. one day......

I don't know if something like this would be possible, but perhaps Bungie could setup a Beta Test Server with changes that the community could play, comment on and make suggestions about.

I know many of us would be ready to jump on something like this.

*edit*

TOP! I know what your thinking.... I won't post it :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
Check this out:

PVZw9jr.gif

Why are you in combat with a discodancer?
TOP! I know what your thinking....

Whiskers_closeup.jpg

E92 M3

well, they nerfed auto rifles into obscurity. They always seem to go too overboard with these nerfs. one of these days they will bring balance to the force. one day......

That is Bungie for you - they don't know how to slightly nerf something.

Like, I don't think Hawmoon should have 13 shots or Fatebringer, bring them down to ~10 and I'd be happy.

But it looks like older lower capacity HCs, ones that had ~8-9 shots are now 5-6 and that's just too low.

I'd be happy with 8-10 shots for all HC, otherwise, you're right, it is too low.

Oh I've played all three.

pcNns1D.png

Just no time any more. A few nights a week and I find I enjoy it a lot more without worrying about completing everything or switching between characters for checkpoints. It's not a bad way to play.

I would actually love to play only one character, but the lure is to strong. its tough to juggle 3 toons, but there is no way I can decide which class I would play.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I am done with how lag affects bladedancer in PvP. Hit someone twice for 0 damage, fuck this shit.

Lag is a nightmare lol. Only other game I've suffered this amount was Gears 1. So I'm on Control and I see some guy capturing B point all alone so I headshot him 3 times with Icebreaker since he wans't moving. Nothing happened

So I decided to run towards him then as I got close it registered the kill. It took about 4-5 seconds. Makes me wonder how many times I've lost a fight due to the lag. I checked out the connections in the player list and everyone was green.

noomi

so is it too late to order the Digital CE and get the bonus goodies?
i've seen it go both ways here in the OT

I don't think anyone is entirely sure about that, Bungie will probably not make any further comments on this until after launch.

flkraven

Like, I don't think Hawmoon should have 13 shots or Fatebringer, bring them down to ~10 and I'd be happy.

But it looks like older lower capacity HCs, ones that had ~8-9 shots are now 5-6 and that's just too low.

5-6 sounds crazy. Anything less than 7, along with the range nerf would make them tough to ever use.

E92 M3

so is it too late to order the Digital CE and get the bonus goodies?
i've seen it go both ways here in the OT

Yeah, I want to know as well because if it's season pass to DLC, I as might as well buy it now. Also, they created the same problem they tried to avoid by again giving extra to people that paid early lol.

I am done with how lag affects bladedancer in PvP. Hit someone twice for 0 damage, fuck this shit.

you would figure the auto-target on bladedancer wouldn't care about lag. Just cause you cant see it, doesn't mean the game cant. lag is a killer. yeah, there is something seriously wrong there

5-6 sounds crazy. Anything less than 7, along with the range nerf would make them tough to ever use.

virtually unplayable. especially with that reload speed on most HC. Didnt Thorn have a 6 bullet mag originally? I never got it before it was buffed, but I know it was underwhelming to say the least.

My checklist before TTK:

-27 more public events
-2 more gold chests (Mars probably)
-Skolas
-Red Death
-Hawkmoon
-Bad Juju

Think its doable?

I'm so happy with the changes in the weekly update. I never expected Bungie to cater to people with only one character. Never even asked for it, but it's just so nice of them.

Z4Vx4sk.png

bzv0ew6.png
I have 3 maxed characters, but I only really play as my Warlock. My Titan and Hunter are once a week nightfall tools and then back in the closet. I think I'll still have to use them for that though? Since the rewards for first three runs on account was only stated for the new heroics.

Ambitious

I'm gonna grab something to eat now, but in 30min I'm down for HM Crota, VoG (any difficulty) and PoE 35 (if someone could act as my sherpa).

RIP in pieces

I think Shaxx and the Guardian outfitter might have a thing going. Destiny needs a love story I think.

I would put her with the speaker. he gave her all his emblems

my guess is Cayde-6 and Amanda Holloway, they seem to go good together. OMG , we have devolved into Destiny shipping!

I have 3 maxed characters, but I only really play as my Warlock. My Titan and Hunter are once a week nightfall tools and then back in the closet. I think I'll still have to use them for that though? Since it the rewards for first the runs on account was only stated for the new heroics.

Yes I think we will still need 3 to run Nightfalls to get 3x rewards.

Also who knows what classes will be useful in the new Raid?

xinek

we are all here to help :)

image.php

*backs away slowly*

I don't have any of those weapons -- better get going on it, I guess. If auto rifles are super nerfed, then I guess I can get rid of the good old Shingen, the only green weapon I've held onto.

virtually unplayable. especially with that reload speed on most HC. Didnt Thorn have a 6 bullet mag originally? I never got it before it was buffed, but I know it was underwhelming to say the least.
One of the bigger issues with the original Thorn was that is damage over time perk would not refresh with a fresh hit. So if you land another shot with only half a second left in the DOT, that DOT would still only last half a second. They decided to address with Thorn which helped a lot, but similar issues are still present with perks like Energy Drain and Battle Runner.

EL CUCO

New OT!

I'll never forget being #Forever29 and the only one that felt comfortable running the Relic in HM VOG. Made me a better Relic holder.

Yeah, I am really worried about HCs - by far my most favorite weapon class in the game.

Does anyone think that they needed a nerf in PvE? I use Fatebringer a lot, not unique there, but with the last nerf to range I had to be deliberate to crit anything beyond 30 feet away. The snipers on the far platform in the first room of the Omnigul strike are a good example. I could crit them, but I had to take my time, line them up. They feel good to me where they're at since by and large encounter distances in PvE are much larger than PvP.

On another note, were *Legendary *hand cannons a problem in Crucible? Or was it just the exotic 3?

I would also *love* to hear that Bungie is committed to balancing more quickly. An 8 month gap, and basically being told that they know Crucible's broke, but they're going to just ignore the problem for 2 months really, really sucks.

-------------------

And let's talk about the other issue here with all these nerfs. Guns are only half of the picture. Encounters are the other half. Crucible didn't become HC-pa-looza just because more people got the exotics. It became it because the playlists took the bigger maps out.

Similarly, Black Hammer is OP to the point of being broken, but that's just because the bosses don't move that much, especially PoE Hive bosses, and are vulnerable to stunlock. I never use BH on agile bosses like the Archon Priest or Skolas, or close range bosses like Valus.

Weapons are much easier to change than encounters or maps, obviously. I just hope internally, they're seeing that encounter designs are contributing to these bad sandbox situations.

R0ckman

I started with a Titan and I do feel the urge to go back to it for TTK, but I know that the moment I enter PvP with him and I get screwed over by rolling Nightstalkers and their anti-super bow, and I get fucked by Stormcallers callers with their 100% guaranteed to be bullshit arcbolt+arc web combo and a melee range long enough to hit me across the room, I'll remember exactly why I stopped playing as a Titan in the first place and I'll rage quit back to Hunter.

So for the sake of my sanity I'll just start with the Hunter.

In a video with a Stormcaller going head to head with a Titan in Hammer Mode, the Stormcaller lost, would have taken the caller 3 bolt attacks, only landed 2 before he was bashed into a wall and incinerated

My checklist before TTK:

-27 more public events
-Skolas
-Red Death
-Hawkmoon
-Bad Juju

Think its doable?

the "non exotic" stuff is ok too

mine is:
- get dredge promise
- get Super Good Advice

anything beyond i already got or did ... this are the only exotics i dont have =(

R0ckman

Heard at the end of the other topic that DGAF was cliquey? How so? I've been able to get into groups pretty easy during gaming rush hours.

WipedOut

9 Characters??

Long Story Short

OG Hunter
Created a couple alts for kid to play with
Deleted alts
Created Alt 2 and 3 (Warlock and Titan)
Deleted Alt 2 and 3 - Forever 29 syndrome
Created Hunters Alt 2 and 3 and ran 3 Hunters
Deleted Hunters Alt 2 and 3
Created Warlock and Titan.

End of story

stb

My checklist before TTK:

-27 more public events
-Skolas
-Red Death
-Hawkmoon
-Bad Juju

Think its doable?

Don't forget that you dont have until the 15th for chests and Skolas for the triumphs. Those have to be done before September 9th. Which means you should really try to get Skolas done this week, because next week's mods are gonna suck (lightswitch).

LTWood12

Don't forget that you dont have until the 15th for chests and Skolas for the triumphs. Those have to be done before September 9th. Which means you should really try to get Skolas done this week, because next week's mods are gonna suck (lightswitch).

Look whose all of a sudden the authority on Skolas...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Okay so you guys we know the patch is coming on the 8th. Do you think all changes will come that day or wait until the flip the switch? Obviously weapon patch is a given but I'm talking things like vault space, collections, blueprints, etc. you know a lot of the QOL changes. I'm really hoping they come on the 8th.

Dave_6

Agreed cause it isn't bad at all this week :)

Top Bottom