• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

daedalius

It's not a bad idea to run a few strikes, but probably not something to grind for at this point.

I've run a lot of strikes since HOW and haven't seen it once.

As for pulse rifles being better, I'm sure they will be better at longer ranges than hand cannons, but last word is still probably going to murder at close-mid

lmao watching the red bull stream where they play mayhem on Sector 618 and somebody switches to Bladedancer mid game. Dunno why but I'm hysterical.

Zocano

I keep holding this off but can we get a group together to do some Hard Crota runs? I still need the crux for nechrochasm ):

I've run a lot of strikes since HOW and haven't seen it once.

As for pulse rifles being better, I'm sure they will be better at longer ranges than hand cannons, but last word is still probably going to murder at close-mid

TLW is one the handcannons getting a pretty significant nerf so idk how good it will be after 2.0. I don't have a hopscotch but I have messenger and I constantly win one on ones against TLW users. Pulse rifles in PvP are pretty damn good especially if you get the right perks.

Mindwipe

I ran it with one person yesterday. Should be enough I think.
Logging in right now. The first mission is great for this :]

Can't find you on PSN.

I couldn't find M1ndwipe.

Yeah, weird. Finding seems broken. But send me a message and we'll work off that? Huh, that's not working now either.

daedalius

TLW is one the handcannons getting a pretty significant nerf so idk how good it will be after 2.0. I don't have a hopscotch but I have messenger and I constantly win one on ones against TLW users. Pulse rifles in PvP are pretty damn good especially if you get the right perks.

Pretty sure the only thing being changed specifically on the last word is the zoom bug where you are still getting hip fire damage. I don't remember anything else other than the across the board hand cannons changes.

Yea pulse rifles are alright too, but personal preference and all.

Pretty sure the only thing being changed specifically on the last word is the zoom bug where you are still getting hip fire damage. I don't remember anything else other than the across the board hand cannons changes.

Yea pulse rifles are alright too, but personal preference and all.

Range and stability are both being signicantly nerfed on TLW as well.

daedalius

Range and stability are both being signicantly nerfed on TLW as well.

Yea, as it should be. But the vast majority of my fights happen at close and mid range, I don't engage at long range unless I need to.

I really doubt the hip fire will change much, which is where I get most kills anyway.

Ambitious

Uh, I just realized I didn't get the Queen's Web shader from PoE 35. When I completed it with my Warlock yesterday, I received the ship, the emblem and the shader. Today, when I completed with my Hunter for the first time, I received only the ship and the emblem. What's going on? Is it not guaranteed?

There's still room in my shader inventory. (Just to be sure, I checked the postmaster nonetheless. It's not there)

Uh, I just realized I didn't get the Queen's Web shader from PoE 35. When I completed it with my Warlock yesterday, I received the ship, the emblem and the shader. Today, when I completed with my Hunter for the first time, I received only the ship and the emblem. What's going on? Is it not guaranteed?

Are your shader slots full?

Also, won't matter with 2.0. Get it once, unlock with all characters.

Deku Tree

UrkMcGurk: @MoreConsole Truth: I've never heard any project at the studio referred to as "Plague of Darkness" or anything similar.

Urk calling Complete BS on that old photo.

Ambitious

Are your shader slots full?

Also, won't matter with 2.0. Get it once, unlock with all characters.

Ah, I forgot to mention that. No, they're not full. There's room for one more shader.

edit: I'm not the only one. There are dozens of threads about this on Reddit and bungie.net. It's not confirmed, but apparently, those three drops are guaranteed for the first completion per account, not per character. Afterwards, there's chance involved. For instance, at least one poster on bungie.net got the shader but no ship.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It'll be interesting to see how shotgun users and blink+shotgun exploiters deal after patch 2.0 on PVP.

GutZ31

There's still room in my shader inventory. (Just to be sure, I checked the postmaster nonetheless. It's not there)
You can only seem to get one queens web shader per account.
I have done Skolas a good amount, and only ever got one shader.

It'll be interesting to see how shotgun users and blink+shotgun exploiters deal after patch 2.0 on PVP.
It won't be pretty. I only go back to it when I need to complete Iron Wrath solo (in this meta anyway. Trust me, I hate doing it), otherwise I'm running Pulse/Scout and Fusion/Sniper now.

So many people rely on TLW/Thorn, High Impact/Range Shotgun, and G&H High Blast Radius/Velocity Rockets now. Some might be able to shrug it off but I foresee a lot of people saying Crucible is ruined forever or Bungie is catering to the casuals or whatever else people pull out of their asses when they need to shift blame.

You can only seem to get one queens web shader per account.
I have done Skolas a good amount, and only ever got one shader.

Yep it's bugged, they acknowledged it and haven't got around to fixing it. The ship can drop multiple times but emblem and shader once per account

Will the "Notorious" trophy (earn the maximum weekly Crucible score) still be attainable after Bungie combines Crucible and Vanguard Marks in The Taken King? Do we know?

KxoZz

Yep it's bugged, they acknowledged it and haven't got around to fixing it. The ship can drop multiple times but emblem and shader once per account

I guess they're kinda fixing it with TTK and the collections.
iirc you can take out as many shaders/emblems as you want after obtaining it once on any character.

Lexad

Will the "Notorious" trophy (earn the maximum weekly Crucible score) still be attainable after Bungie combines Crucible and Vanguard Marks in The Taken King? Do we know?

Even if they have confirmed, do it now.

I can't do the salvage trophy because it isn't out now

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It won't be pretty. I only go back to it when I need to complete Iron Wrath solo (in this meta anyway. Trust me, I hate doing it), otherwise I'm running Pulse/Scout and Fusion/Sniper now.

So many people rely on TLW/Thorn, High Impact/Range Shotgun, and G&H High Blast Radius/Velocity Rockets now. Some might be able to shrug it off but I foresee a lot of people saying Crucible is ruined forever or Bungie is catering to the casuals or whatever else people pull out of their asses when they need to shift blame.

I'm glad G&H perk is getting nerfed for RL. I have a RL with G&H, almost maxed Blast Radius and Velocity and it's just filthy. I don't need to worry about missing with my RL, because well I don't have to, G&H proximity trigger has ridiculous range and it just downs groups of 2 or 3 with such ease I feel bad.

All the changes I've read regarding balancing on PVP for 2.0 are great to me.

Knowing Bungie they'll some how make it even easier to blink shotgun
I heard Blink is getting hit hard on 2.0. I roll a Bladedancer for PVP, but I don't rely on Blink that much, just use it for quick escapes so I'm glad it's getting a nerf because some people exploit it to ridiculous degrees specially with shotguns, like that's all they do during a match.

I'm guessing there will be some sort of cooldown for blink. once you use there'll be a 30 or so seconds cooldown and when you use it while the cooldown is active it just do a normal double jump.

matmanx1

I just got through running a strike with the Lord of Wolves shotgun and maaaaan is it fun. It shoots like a sub-machine gun in 5 shot bursts but does the damage per hit of a shotgun. It absolutely shreds at close range. And speaking of range, it appears to have a better range than the state sheet would indicate. I easily killed Sepkis Prime with it while standing on the edge of the platform as he was floating in the air over the middle space.

And they are buffing this gun? =)

Top Bottom