• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ich00

Rank 5 of Iron Banana reached. Bouties helped alot.

Any good farming spots for glimmer? Would like to get the last shader and shotgun.

If you can find a normal gatekeeper CP from VoG that's one of the best. It not then the Excusion zone (set to leve 18) on Mars. Kill all the yellow bar Cabal in the beginning, kill yourself, rinse and repeat. Oh and don't forget to pop a Resupply Code to maximize you glimmer.

If anyone ever doubts 2.0 is badly needed, this is what you get when a top-level player uses a Bladedancer, Thorn, a perfect roll shotgun, a proximity detonating rocket, with Blink and QuickDraw with randoms:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

This is insane. Wat. 76 kills. Lol I'll repost later in the day when people wake up this is some crazy gameplay :p

Yes, that was insane. But he never bothered to help cap a point and kept flipping the spawns making it an uphill battle for his team. As a non top-level player, this ruins the fun for 11 out of 12 people playing in that match. He should stick to clash.

Acidote

Is your Blade Dancer subclass leveled? Hunter is totally fine, honestly it doesn't matter much either way. Just use whatever character you feel most comfortable playing.

Yes it is, The only thing I have left to level in the game is the void warlock. Everything else is maxed. Invisibility spec Blade Dancer it is then.

Add me anytime, PSN ID: Acidote. I'll be home in around 2 hours.

bitsurugi

I just started up a Skolas run, my PSN is DrDrizzay101, go ahead and shoot me a FR.

Are there any other first timers looking to kill him now/soon?

If you don't have 1st timers, i don't mind tagging along, my hunter would be in fact a first timer, haven't done with him, since i created the char, i did mainly pvp with it :)

ocean

Banned
Yes, that was insane. But he never bothered to help cap a point and kept flipping the spawns making it an uphill battle for his team. As a non top-level player, this ruins the fun for 11 out of 12 people playing in that match. He should stick to clash.
I heard one of his clanmates explain on stream that the whole thing was just to prove a point about how damn broken this meta is. He played a few matches (I looked them up - average 40-50 kills per game during this test) to see how far you could push the silliness. This is what you get apparently.

Ultra sweaty pubstomping at this intensity playing solo on Control isn't something I imagine top players spend a lot of time on :p

... Wait, haven't done any Prison of Elders beyond level 28. I'm level 32 but... >_<
Hey Joey grab mehrmantrout for HM Crota- sherpa of the day. :) And Boguester is doing Skolas tonight...

Your launch ps4 still going strong?

Banderas.gif
It actually is. You can hear the fan and all but it's not as drastic as jet engines or whatnot. I am tempted to get the CUH-1200 Taken King model though...
Do you want to do Crota? PSN Same as here
Sure!

I heard one of his clanmates explain on stream that the whole thing was just to prove a point about how damn broken this meta is. He played a few matches (I looked them up - average 40-50 kills per game during this test) to see how far you could push the silliness. This is what you get :p

I'm sure, but it really happens too much where the top guy on the leader board has 0 or 1 captures. I'm sure it's fun for that guy, but it makes the game frustrating for everyone else. Yay, you can shoot people in the back!! Good for you.

MrDaravon

Fuck :(. If anyone gets any Raids at all today going please hit me up, I haven't played in days and have done zero raiding this Reset. Still kinda hoping to finish up my Raid armor sets before TTK, missing a bunch, particularly from VoG (I almost never get to do the first few checkpoints, everyone always starts at Gorgon).

phen0m24

It actually is. You can hear the fan and all but it's not as drastic as jet engines or whatnot. I am tempted to get the CUH-1200 Taken King model though...

It is totally sexy. I had it pre-ordered. Was staring at the screen and I blinked. Already have The Taken King CE on pre order, and had to buy the digital edition of TTK for my son on XB1, and was like "Do I buy another PS4?" Hehe

In this case, literally: pre order cancelled.

If only money grew on trees....

:)

Shiv47

I just started up a Skolas run, my PSN is DrDrizzay101, go ahead and shoot me a FR.

Are there any other first timers looking to kill him now/soon?

Would love to get in on this today, but I wanted to finish out IB level 5 first to get that last EL to get to 34. Got about a third of the way through level 4 last night. Will you be doing it later on today?

Ambitious

Fuck :(. If anyone gets any Raids at all today going please hit me up, I haven't played in days and have done zero raiding this Reset. Still kinda hoping to finish up my Raid armor sets before TTK, missing a bunch, particularly from VoG (I almost never get to do the first few checkpoints, everyone always starts at Gorgon).

I'm trying to get the VoG armor too. I'm finished with VoG runs for this week, but if you want we can team up in the next few days.

Random thought I had recently:

Wouldn't it be nice if Crux of Crota was guaranteed (or at the very least 50%) to drop for the Guardian who dishes out the final blow to Crota in HM?

I personally think being sword bearer is incredibly rewarding and fun. And I think it's a real shame that a lot of players don't try it. This would encourage a lot of guardians to try it. Of course the Crux could still drop with crappy percents for everyone else.

I doubt we'll ever see this implemented but what does DGAF think?

Deku Tree

If anyone ever doubts 2.0 is badly needed, this is what you get when a top-level player uses a Bladedancer, Thorn, a perfect roll shotgun, a proximity detonating rocket, with Blink and QuickDraw with randoms:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

This is insane. Wat. 76 kills. Lol I'll repost later in the day when people wake up this is some crazy gameplay :p

1441027066-bloordborne5-gif.gif

So many people have their panties in a twist, cause no raid on launch day.

Sheesh. It's no big deal, really.

I wish there was a way we could suppress that urge to get every single bit of content done on day one. The thirst to be first...

Oh well.

I do wonder when we will see it though! Weeks? Months?

edit: for the record, I have no panties.

noomi

There's going to be so much to keep us busy until then anyway. I feel good about it, the pressure to race to 40 and get into the raid is off.

You would probably have a better chance to raid tomorrow since reset is about to happen, and many people will be raiding again.

MrDaravon

I'm trying to get the VoG armor too. I'm finished with VoG runs for this week, but if you want we can team up in the next few days.

Yeah I should be around, not employed at the moment :p. Short of trying to get my last two Elder Cipher weapons I'm pretty much done with everything I need from PoE, so after doing the NF/Weekly I'd be down for raids tomorrow or whenever.

ich00

There's not enough content in the game! it's all on the disc! RableRableRable

I feel like even if they did everything right, there's be outrage that the red on the suros guns wasn't the right color red.

E92 M3

Bungie knows that if raid is available day 1 then everyone would rush through the content to get into the raid. Very happy it's not, though. No pressure now.

Kyoufu

No raid on day one gives me hope that the story and strike/pvp content in TTK will be enough to keep us occupied for 2 weeks at least.

I like to be optimistic.

It gives me time to focus on leveling my subclasses, ranking up all the factions and hopefully getting some optimal gear to tackle the raid.

I think I'll be busy enough for two weeks.

Yeah I should be around, not employed at the moment :p. Short of trying to get my last two Elder Cipher weapons I'm pretty much done with everything I need from PoE, so after doing the NF/Weekly I'd be down for raids tomorrow or whenever.

I'll be doing a VoG hard run in a bit, you can join if you want.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

It's a good idea for Bungie and for the community to hold off on releasing the raid. I remember when TDB came out. I didn't care about anything I was doing. All I wanted was the story missions to be over so I could unlock the raid. Now, I'll be able to check everything out, see how all the new tower stuff works, and enjoy the new stuff they created. No sweat off my back.

I don't understand the complaints of no raid on day 1, especially when they are not from hardcore players. Being honest those players are the type who will not be eligible to start the raid until weeks if not months from the day one release. Most hardcore players understand the benefits of not rushing day one for the raid. Being able to enjoy the game at a slower pace will be wonderful. Though I might try to reach the level cap in one week to see if I can do the new NF

I don't understand the complaints of no raid on day 1, especially when they are not from hardcore players. Being honest those players are the type who will not be eligible to start the raid until weeks if not months from the day one release. Most hardcore players understand the benefits of not rushing day one for the raid. Being able to enjoy the game at a slower pace will be wonderful. Though I might try to reach the level cap in one week to see if I can do the new NF
Seriously....

ocean

Banned
I do hope it drops on a Friday night, first Trials style.

Home all weekend cracking that raid apart, so good.

Bungie be considerate of those of us who can't get time off work pls :p

MrDaravon

You would probably have a better chance to raid tomorrow since reset is about to happen, and many people will be raiding again.

Yeah, I just hate "missing" a week, but not really that big a deal either way.

I'll be doing a VoG hard run in a bit, you can join if you want.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Sent you a FR! We're wrapping up the 3rd Crota now, so I'll be free whenever after this.

No raid day 1 makes me extremely happy. I'm not even trying to be selfish since I can't play it the first week but it makes sense for a pretty easy reason, imo:

Content!!!

Every expansion so far, you get through the few missions and strikes and go right to raiding/PoE. Then when you're finish that day or the next day, you've literally played everything. You then do it 3x. You've done everything in 1 day, multiple times. Obviously many if not most people got tired of that after the first week or so.

For some reason a lot of Destiny players seem to be in a rush to complete everything as fast as possible. I don't understand that philosophy.

Not having raid day 1 means there's more content! Enjoy the new subclass + stories and missions/strike, revamped strikes and new PvP modes and maps. Not to mention all the tons of new weapons. There's a whole new part that gets unlocked when hitting 40. People are underestimating what it'll take to get from 34 to 40. Should be a pretty big xp gap.

Also, you won't have max weapons and light gear ready for raid which is GREAT. I don't want to have maxed gear ready to kill the final end game content of a huge expansion on day 1 or even that 1st week. It needs to be an ADVENTURE to get to the finale, the raid, and it sounds like it is.

There's no rush! Enjoy a huge expansion. When it comes out, you won't even think about the new raid not being unlocked yet because you'll be enjoying the heck out of all the new stuff.

shenze

Banned
i have two for trials and really want to go flawless.

1.shenze

2.epic_gam3r_x1

3.?

just message me if you want to jump in

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If you can find a normal gatekeeper CP from VoG that's one of the best. It not then the Excusion zone (set to leve 18) on Mars. Kill all the yellow bar Cabal in the beginning, kill yourself, rinse and repeat. Oh and don't forget to pop a Resupply Code to maximize you glimmer.

Thanks man. Slaughtering Cabal now.

Top Bottom