• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

X-Frame

Damn dude, you really are off your game. My troll job didn't even get a reaction gif from your extensive collection!

Will the real Pokemon please stand up?

When would this be? If there aren't any Skolas newbies at that time I could do it. I can't let you waste time losing matches w Illini and Kyoufou.

What do you need Doubles for though? No required wins for Grimoire.

Hey Drizzay, I was away on vacation for the past 4 days so couldn't play. Seeing as how tonight is the last night of the easiest modifiers, would you be around tonight? I could start playing at 7:30 PM or so. Thanks man! If not no worries, I'm sure even the next week will be doable. As you know I only play Titan so that should help, hah.

So i just realised i have an elder cipher i need boss kills for. anyone need an extra for any of the higher levels, or failing that wanna team up to do the 34 or 35?
I want to boost my Variks rank up to three before TTK so I'd be willing to help with that. Problem is I won't be on for another 4 hrs:)

Raybunny

You haven't stolen my kills in a while, let's do it. I'm home at 18h if you still have a spot.

Sounds good to me. I will be online at that time and will "grab" you as you log in.

Good Morning DGAF!

It's Monday so I am back to spamming the thread regularly :p

poof%20your%20day%20is%20now%20better.jpg

noomi

Just reading about the raid not being available at lunch and honestly.... I'm ok with this.

Between all the new story missions, leveling 3 new subclasses, new pvp modes, hunting ghost and grimoire I'll have plenty to keep me busy. This was I also won't feel so rushed to get to level 40.

Izuna

Banned
In 6 hours I wanna Trials with GAF (send message to Cobalt Flag on Xbox).

Even if you're not great we will still flawless, k? Heart heart, ecks ecks, oh oh.

Just reading about the raid not being available at lunch and honestly.... I'm ok with this.

Between all the new story missions, leveling 3 new subclasses, new pvp modes, hunting ghost and grimoire I'll have plenty to keep me busy. This was I also won't feel so rushed to get to level 40.

Dinner only raid confirmed

KxoZz

FLAWLESS CROTA

2 hrs from now

- GlamFM
- Ji66a-Man
- onimushroom
- mehrmantrout
- KxoZz
- maomaoIYP

Shoot your invites to GlamFM. I´ll add you as soon as I get home.
Sent.
Will be away from my ps4 until we start, so just send me an invite when you're ready and i should get a notification on my phone.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does armor, recovery and agility actually work in PVP (Iron Banner)? I just adjusted mine for less agility and more armor/recover yet I still die pretty much instantly.

noomi

Does armor, recovery and agility actually work in PVP (Iron Banner)? I just adjusted mine for less agility and more armor/recover yet I still die pretty much instantly.

They do, and that's also part of the problem with todays crucible. All those hand cannons kill you damn near instantly :(

III-V

Is playing Crucible the fastest way to grind out levels up to 20?

I did a mix of crucible and then hard mode story with bounties, made 20 in about 10 hours time. Started in crucible from about level 2-10 or so. The hard modes story gives good xp as well.

R0ckman

If anyone ever doubts 2.0 is badly needed, this is what you get when a top-level player uses a Bladedancer, Thorn, a perfect roll shotgun, a proximity detonating rocket, with Blink and QuickDraw with randoms:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

This is insane. Wat. 76 kills. Lol I'll repost later in the day when people wake up this is some crazy gameplay :p

It pisses me the hell off when I'm going on a rampage (getting tons of multi kills) and I look down at the score and see that my team is so sucky that we are still neck and neck at the end of the match.

That being said I usually only go into crucible to do bounties and do horribly worse when I'm just focused on getting those and getting out. Maybe a lost of randoms in pvp are there for the bounties.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They do, and that's also part of the problem with todays crucible. All those hand cannons kill you damn near instantly :(

Seems pretty shitty in IB. Getting 1 hit shot by level 30s but if i return the favor it takes 2 while I'll have a better shotty and higher armour and defense ratings.

Langy

Trials anyone? looking to get up to the silver package but obv the further the better!

gonna need 2 people, psn is Langoit.

Lnkn52

Congrats to all the new GLords! Especially our special guest.

Also, please make sure to refresh the page to view the change.
Annimation1.gif

GL-19.jpg

ocean

Banned
Their effect is small and not something you should stress too much about for the most part.

Going max armor vs. spec for zero armor: you gain the ability to survive a two headshots from a high impact Hand Cannon (Ill Will / Timur's Lash), a Tripmine grenade (unless they stuck it to your body, no surviving that), 2 body shots from super low impact Snipers, and a few esoteric combinations of Thorn DoT bullshit.

It won't drastically affect time to kill because at the end of the day, in the few situations where it comes into play, it'll be the difference between dying and living with a tiny silver of health (meaning anything can quickly kill you after that).

It won't save you from certain death via Thorn double tap to the head, a "close up" shotgun blast, a sniper headshot, a Super, a sticky grenade, a shoulder charge, a Radiance melee, a Bladedancer backstab, a fully connected fusion rifle blast within its range, or any of the other myriad bullshit ways this game can make you die.

If you're a Warlock wearing The Ram, max armor is definitely what you want. You scan survive all sorts of crap. With any other build, I'd still suggest spec for armor but in all honesty it's not that big a difference.

If you feel you're dying more quickly in Iron Banner than in the rest of the Crucible - are you level 34? Are your weapons 365 attack? The farther away you are from these the bigger your handicap. Being level 33 won't make an enormous difference. 3+ levels below? Ayy, it gets tricky.

noomi

Seems pretty shitty in IB. Getting 1 hit shot by level 30s but if i return the favor it takes 2 while I'll have a better shotty and higher armour and defense ratings.

Could be the effects of lag which IB is notoriously known for, or Warlock wearing the Ram Helmet which gives them an insane amount of armor.

Either way, the current state of crucible is not very... pleasant.

If anyone ever doubts 2.0 is badly needed, this is what you get when a top-level player uses a Bladedancer, Thorn, a perfect roll shotgun, a proximity detonating rocket, with Blink and QuickDraw with randoms:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2MjAvVC6VU

This is insane. Wat. 76 kills. Lol I'll repost later in the day when people wake up this is some crazy gameplay :p

Holy shit..... the blink shotgun and thorn. 2.0 can't come soon enough.

Congrats to all the new GLords! Especially our special guest.

Mr Lnkn, I hate to be a pain but would it be possible for you to change my avatar on the guardian lord list to them one I currently have, pretty please :)

No rush, whenever you get a moment. <3

jaaz

I played IB last night for the first time since, well, Bloodborne was released (been playing PvE since I got back). Holy crap, PvP has changed in this game... and not for the better. I play a warlock and I've never been a great Destiny PvP player, but could hold my own. Now it seems every match has mostly bladedancing hunters running around with thorn/shotties, blinking everywhere, one-shotting you, and seemingly having their supers up every 2 minutes.

At my skill set, it's hard to compete. It was better when ARs ruled. Can't believe they made it worse.

Wrapped up everything I wanted for TTK this weeekend. I will just run the NF and Weekly 3X this week everything else will be dedicated to TTP. I must be lucky with PSN because the preload is almost done. I would say about 40 minutes total to download.

ocean

Banned
Remember the ridiculous range for shotgun kills is contingent on having a fairly specific set of perks on it. Namely:

- (Required) Shot Package: it requires you to aim down sights before shooting (people forget this) but it concentrates the bullet spread so they're packed more closely and land on the target's body

- (Required) Rifled or Reinforced Barrel: for that extra base range

- (Optional but ideal): Aggressive Ballistics for 10% extra damage

Ideally, on a Matador 64, Felwinter's Lie, Party Crasher +1 or Judgment VI.

If your shotgun doesn't have these perks, you won't be able to get those silly, broken, ridiculous range shotgun one-shot kills.

Anyone up for Crota HM during the day today? I'd really like to get the triumphs finished - just Skolas and Crota HM to do. I'm lvl 33 hunter but have never done a crota run before.

Namikaze1

Good morning!

Any School of Hawk members want to help me out doing a Strike for the trophy?

PSN - Filip_Kackiewicz
Still need it? I'm online right now. Can help though we need a third from the clan. No mic from me though since it's early in the morning for me.

GlamFM

Banned
FLAWLESS CROTA

2 hrs from now

- GlamFM
- Ji66a-Man
- onimushroom
- mehrmantrout
- KxoZz
- maomaoIYP

Shoot your invites to GlamFM. I´ll add you as soon as I get home.

Lets do this!

There was one request I couldn´t accept for some reason - we´ll work it out.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Their effect is small and not something you should stress too much about for the most part.

Going max armor vs. spec for zero armor: you gain the ability to survive a two headshots from a high impact Hand Cannon (Ill Will / Timur's Lash), a Tripmine grenade (unless they stuck it to your body, no surviving that), 2 body shots from super low impact Snipers, and a few esoteric combinations of Thorn DoT bullshit.

It won't drastically affect time to kill because at the end of the day, in the few situations where it comes into play, it'll be the difference between dying and living with a tiny silver of health (meaning anything can quickly kill you after that).

It won't save you from certain death via Thorn double tap to the head, a "close up" shotgun blast, a sniper headshot, a Super, a sticky grenade, a shoulder charge, a Radiance melee, a Bladedancer backstab, a fully connected fusion rifle blast within its range, or any of the other myriad bullshit ways this game can make you die.

If you're a Warlock wearing The Ram, max armor is definitely what you want. You scan survive all sorts of crap. With any other build, I'd still suggest spec for armor but in all honesty it's not that big a difference.

If you feel you're dying more quickly in Iron Banner than in the rest of the Crucible - are you level 34? Are your weapons 365 attack? The farther away you are from these the bigger your handicap. Being level 33 won't make an enormous difference. 3+ levels below? Ayy, it gets tricky.

Thanks for the tips ocean. haven't played PVP really at all apart from beta and at launch so a lot of things I'm clueless on. I'm currently 33 with 1718 defense using a Titan striker.

Last night I did really well even against 34s but today its the complete opposite. It may be some connections issues as well since I noticed my Thorn shots aren't killing like last night. Only playing some more today for rank 5 in IB then I'll finally hit 34 so I can attempt Skolas.

I got Mat 64 and Hard Luck Charm, I'll roll them for those perks.

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the tips ocean. haven't played PVP really at all apart from beta and at launch so a lot of things I'm clueless on. I'm currently 33 with 1718 defense using a Titan striker.

Last night I did really well even against 34s but today its the complete opposite. It may be some connections issues as well since I noticed my Thorn shots aren't killing like last night. Only playing some more today for rank 5 in IB then I'll finally hit 34 so I can attempt Skolas.

I got Mat 64 and Hard Luck Charm, I'll roll them for those perks.
Don't waste too many mats rolling a shotgun at this point. We're two weeks out from TTK and these setups will probably be less than stellar. Shot Package in particular has been singled out as something which needs fixing.

The Felwinter's on sale from IB is a near-perfect roll, only missing a range boost. It ain't competitive-grade but def. more than enough to mess around for 2 weeks.

Lnkn52

I'm still not on that list :eek:
Did my GLord back in Febuary and don't think I've submitted yet.
Will do now.
Updated, make sure to refresh the page.

Good Luck.

Could be the effects of lag which IB is notoriously known for, or Warlock wearing the Ram Helmet which gives them an insane amount of armor.

Either way, the current state of crucible is not very... pleasant.

Holy shit..... the blink shotgun and thorn. 2.0 can't come soon enough.

Mr Lnkn, I hate to be a pain but would it be possible for you to change my avatar on the guardian lord list to them one I currently have, pretty please :)

No rush, whenever you get a moment. <3

Updated, make sure to refresh the page.

Should I dismantle all my Legendaries (sans VoG/Crota and maybe Her Benevolence)? Don't use them now, won't use them in TTK, vault space, yadayada...

If there's enough interest for flawless , I'd like to join as well. It was a pleasure doing Skolas with you!
I just need to know which class and what guns to use. :)

Thanks dude! We had a very enjoyable run. Looks like there's enough folks for flawless but I can get online if any help is needed.

My main is a level 33 hunter. I have a 32 Warlock too if that's easier for you just for the resurrect.

Is your Blade Dancer subclass leveled? Hunter is totally fine, honestly it doesn't matter much either way. Just use whatever character you feel most comfortable playing.

Does a Doubles win count as a Skirmish/Salvage win for Grimoire? Or does it have to be from the 3v3 playlist?

Yeah pretty sure they do count so not a bad way to go if you need both Grimoires. Especially if you only have one other buddy available at the time.

Top o the Pops Edit: EJ and I bow to Mr. Ehrmantrout's Sherpa skills

LhF9fc1.jpg

Top Bottom