• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't waste too many mats rolling a shotgun at this point. We're two weeks out from TTK and these setups will probably be less than stellar. Shot Package in particular has been singled out as something which needs fixing.

The Felwinter's on sale from IB is a near-perfect roll, only missing a range boost. It ain't competitive-grade but def. more than enough to mess around for 2 weeks.

Ok will do. I'll pick up the Felwinter since I'll have spare glimmer. Plus its pretty sexy. ;p

Tjamato88

Is IB over or does it reset tomorrow? I grinded to level 3 rep last night and wanted to try ad get to 5 tonight and get that last Etheric Light.

Gordon

Ugh. Just went and ranked my wife up to 5 in IB. That was EXCRUCIATING. She was past rank 4 last night but we fell asleep early, and since she'll be busy all day I figured I would help her get that last e-light.Good ol' Iron Banner. Lag, lag, lag, and abuse of cheesy mechanics everywhere. It reminds me of taking salvia - 30 seconds in I'm like "Why did I do this to myself?" and then I'm trapped outside of reality watching it slowly tear itself apart. Then I gradually come back, cold, sweaty, and nauseous, relearn language, and repeat to myself over and over that l will NEVER do that shit again. Blegh.

ocean

Banned
Is IB over or does it reset tomorrow? I grinded to level 3 rep last night and wanted to try ad get to 5 tonight and get that last Etheric Light.
You have until reset.

Btw if you have other characters they get a 2x rep boost until they catch up to the rank of your highest-rank character during Iron Banner.

So if one of your characters is rank 3, it'll be quicker to push an alt to rank 3 than to take the original one to rank 5.

Just make sure to buy the Tempered buff, wear all the Iron Banner buffs (Shader, Class Item, Emblem) and try and do as many bounties as you can, leveling is sooo quick on Mondays.

Hey Drizzay, I was away on vacation for the past 4 days so couldn't play. Seeing as how tonight is the last night of the easiest modifiers, would you be around tonight? I could start playing at 7:30 PM or so. Thanks man! If not no worries, I'm sure even the next week will be doable. As you know I only play Titan so that should help, hah.

7:30 pm EST? Should be fine, I think I'll be available then. Definitely planning to do a few runs today and we've been trying to schedule something for a while so you get top priority!

Hmmmm.... I'll remember that, Driz

Hey... We only lose on the Blind Watch map ok.

Lol I like how you both noticed my troll comment, wasn't sure if you'd be reading now or not :p

Tjamato88

You have until reset.

Btw if you have other characters they get a 2x rep boost until they catch up to the rank of your highest-rank character during Iron Banner.

So if one of your characters is rank 3, it'll be quicker to push an alt to rank 3 than to take the original one to rank 5.

Just make sure to buy the Tempered buff, wear all the Iron Banner buffs (Shader, Class Item, Emblem) and try and do as many bounties as you can, leveling is sooo quick on Mondays.
Wait I get credit for the shader and the emblem too? Goddammit I didn't know that.

w00t, congrats to the new flawless raiders! At least good old Scrota is good for something :p

remember that IB reps faster on the final day, there is always hope for reaching Lvl 5

Do you still nee Skolas and if so are you available now? I could do a run soon if you and/or other newbies are looking to do it.

A couple of scrubby moments, like not equipping vanish on the abyss and forgetting to put on the mask at Crota but nothing as scary like last nights run when the sword tracked back onto crota when I jumped away

If anyone wants to get a Crota HM done for the Triumph we can go soon

Damn, looking at the daily and today's Vanguard bounties, people are gonna spend most of today on the Moon. •-•

I'm online now for Skolas and HM Crota if I could join.

w00t, congrats to the new flawless raiders! At least good old Scrota is good for something :p

Do you still nee Skolas and if so are you available now? I could do a run soon if you and/or other newbies are looking to do it.

I still need Skolas Boguester, unfortunately I am only lvl 33

^Lv33 is fine for Skolas. I'm going to do the dishes and we'll see if Gutter responds or if any other newbies are around.

Does one get a tresure key from petra once per character or once per account for a completed bounty each week?

Once per account guaranteed although there's still a chance when you turn in any Queens bounties and by ranking up the Queens rep.

ocean

Banned
Wait I get credit for the shader and the emblem too? Goddammit I didn't know that.
Ugh this goddamn game is so terrible at explaining itself.

Shader, Emblem and Class Item each buff your rep gains for Iron Banner by 10%. Using all three gives you a 33% buff (1.1*1.1*1.1). This stacks with the Tempering buff you buy from Saladín, which gets more powerful every day. On Monday, the last day of IB, it's 150%.

A win is worth 50 rep. With Tempering, you'd get a 150% buff today, so 75 extra - 125 rep per win. If you equip Iron Banner Shader, Emblem and Class Item, it's 166 rep per win.

If you play on an alt, you get twice that (332 rep per win!!!) until they catch up to your highest ranked character.

Bounties also get buffed by the same percentage btw, so a 100 rep bounty today would be 332 rep (or 664 on an alt - just 4 of these bounties is a full rank up :p)

X-Frame

7:30 pm EST? Should be fine, I think I'll be available then. Definitely planning to do a few runs today and we've been trying to schedule something for a while so you get top priority!

Great! Yeah that seems like a good time for me, between 7:30 and 8 PM would be ideal but if we have to do it a bit later no worries. Thank you!

I'll be in touch in the afternoon if that works.

EDIT: I'd like to be prepared for Skolas. Is there any video or guide that I could read to brush up on it before we face him?

Tjamato88

Ugh this goddamn game is so terrible at explaining itself.

Shader, Emblem and Class Item each buff your rep gains for Iron Banner by 10%. Using all three gives you a 33% buff (1.1*1.1*1.1). This stacks with the Tempering buff you buy from Saladín, which gets more powerful every day. On Monday, the last day of IB, it's 150%.

A win is worth 50 rep. With Tempering, you'd get a 150% buff today, so 75 extra - 125 rep per win. If you equip Iron Banner Shader, Emblem and Class Item, it's 166 rep per win.

If you play on an alt, you get twice that (332 rep per win!!!) until they catch up to your highest ranked character.

Bounties also get buffed by the same percentage btw, so a 100 rep bounty today would be 332 rep (or 664 on an alt - just 4 of these bounties is a full rank up :p)
Damn I don't have alts high enough to play but that's all still good advice. Looks like I'm buying an emblem when I get home. I think I already have the Million Million(?) shader.

Deku Tree

No day 1 raid, no NF boost, no reason to rush through the content on day 1.

It's probably gonna be fairly easy just to play like a normal person with a life and still be ready for the raid on the first day it's released.

Homeboyd

So it's confirmed then? The raid will not be in on launch day?
Yeah, confirmed. Coincides with their push to make destiny feel less like a job. Want go give everyone time to enjoy the new subclasses, quests, campaign, QOL updates, etc before gearing up for the raid. I'm good with that.

Raybunny

GG on the new flawless gaffers. Nice stream unfortunately was unable to post cause my flash is acting weird.

On the other hand, working day is over and 2 hours of driving are between me, a nice beer and destiny pvp.

phen0m24

Damn, looking at the daily and today's Vanguard bounties, people are gonna spend most of today on the Moon. •-•

Hey Joey grab mehrmantrout for HM Crota- sherpa of the day. :) And Boguester is doing Skolas tonight...

Your launch ps4 still going strong?

Banderas.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rank 5 of Iron Banana reached. Bouties helped alot.

Any good farming spots for glimmer? Would like to get the last shader and shotgun.

noomi

Guess congrats are you in order then Noomi.

Took 3 days off for the Taking King. You ll be racing with us to 40 then :)

You must be ecstatic. It's the worst being away during a big release.

Also, I'm very happy that the raid won't be out day 1. We can actually enjoy all of the content without rushing.

Yup! Very excited, will have off the 15th and 16th. Will be grinding along my DGaf brothers and sisters :)

Fonz72

Should I dismantle all my Legendaries (sans VoG/Crota and maybe Her Benevolence)? Don't use them now, won't use them in TTK, vault space, yadayada...

If you don't NEED the space, you might as well keep them, who knows what Bungie will decide to do. I kept all of my vanilla gear when most people got rid of it. It's nice to have Shadow price, Devil you know, Queens Wrath gear, etc.

Let's see if we can get at least 4

Crota Triumph/Crux edition

1) me
2) shinogu
3) booya
4) jizaa
5) liquids
6)

I have a Crota cp and don't mind just running sword if we do it multiple times

Top Bottom