• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GhaleonEB

Honestly dont mind that

I think communities like DestinyGAF are going to go nuts for it. The date will be a bit after launch, but announced well in advance. We'll have a few dozen raiding groups going concurrently, all for the first time. It's going to be awesome.

jaaz

I've played two games, total, of Crucible since launch. You'll be okay. :p

Buh..buh.. what about the Moments of Triumph?!? (Unless, of course, you wrecked and got 100 kills in two matches!)

Edit: Never mind, its 100 crucible matches won. Damn, I didn't know I had won so many, because frankly I am not very good.

We need someone to go in there and report back...

It's dead jim. Just hit page 2. At this point the people who are "upset" have either left, or are out of ammo.

Only the people with legitimate questions are left, and there are answers to those in the thread, so expect it to get maybe 6 more posts before it dies completely.

Unless someone goes in there and posts something super controversial and gets people riled up again.

SpecX

Any of you folks ready to roll now? On round 2, one spot open.

If anybody else is looking to do Skolas now that works as well. We already have a first timer, so newbies get priority but can be a vet if there are no noobs now.
Damn, dropping my daughter off to school. If there's room when I get back, I'll join.

I'm playing with the Hori fps pro and really love it. How can I use headphones with it? I see usb headsets with two usb outs so this being wired rules those out. Is there a solution?

Congrats to all the new GLords! Especially our special guest.

Also, please make sure to refresh the page to view the change.
Annimation1.gif

GL-19.jpg

Woah, Luke Smith joined the Guardian Lord club?

Ambitious

Any of you folks ready to roll now? On round 2, one spot open.

If anybody else is looking to do Skolas now that works as well. We already have a first timer, so newbies get priority but can be a vet if there are no noobs now.

I can come help if no other newbies are around to join.

I'll be the second reserve player, then. I've completed it twice, but I'd like to get my third Elder Cipher with my Titan.

Thanks Boguester and Bitsurugi for the Skolas Triumph! That was super fun. Next time I'll try not to die so much. >_>

Now what's left is Crota's End...

But first I also gotta 100% Ground Zeroes. *GSSSSSSH GSHGSHGSH*

Homeboyd

I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference really, if you bring old packages into TTK they will dismantle into old gear.
Not Cryptarch packages. The engrams don't drop until you open the package, so the gear should be TTK gear. Unlike faction packages where the gear is determined once the package is obtained.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this though because I'm not 100% certain.

LTWood12

Not Cryptarch packages. The engrams don't drop until you open the package, so the gear should be TTK gear. Unlike faction packages where the gear is determined once the package is obtained.

This is how I've understood it. Engrams don't generate from Cryptarch packages until they're actually opened. The only thing that works as far as saving for new gear. Everything else will decrypt to old stuff.

phen0m24

Thanks Boguester and Bitsurugi for the Skolas Triumph! That was super fun. Next time I'll try not to die so much. >_>

Now what's left is Crota's End...

But first I also gotta 100% Ground Zeroes. *GSSSSSSH GSHGSHGSH*

Those two have Skolas on a chain whimpering in the corner. Good stuff! ♡ DGAF

J there are HM Crotas going on all the time - just leap in. Mehrmantrout might still be doing them now. :)

Nuszka

Yeah keeping your cryptarch at the edge and then getting past the next rank will be the next thing i will be working on.

noomi

Is that Ash Factory? Just got it.

Yes it is, with the god roll it is quite deadly.

You want grenades and horseshoes, tripod, warhead veneers, javelin

Ahh I see, well in that case go for it :D

GhaleonEB

Buh..buh.. what about the Moments of Triumph?!? (Unless, of course, you wrecked and got 100 kills in two matches!)

Edit: Never mind, its 100 crucible matches won. Damn, I didn't know I had won so many, because frankly I am not very good.

They count one point for every player on your team. I have two games played, both victories, and am at 12/100 on the Triumphs. So it's not as bad as it looks.

I want to complete it for completions sake, but haven't psyched myself up enough yet. I think the last minute panic of next weekend will probably do it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is there anything different from PoE 28 to 32 apart from being higher levels and rewards? Wanted to maybe try completing 32 to get the Kellslayer helm.

X-Frame

So has it been said that it should be raining Legendary engrams in the world now?

Luke Smith said in yesterday's live IGN chat that they want to have less cool gear be dropped in post-reward screens and more out in the world to find. One example is how loot will drop from a boss's corpse instead of casually standing around until the reward screen to see what you have.

Since I haven't seen a Legendary engram out in the world in maybe 6 months, where all of the Legendary's I get are in the post-reward screen this new change seems absolutely awesome.

Save the post reward screen for Stats and Medals and leave the loot out of there.

GhaleonEB

Cryprarch packages earned prior to TTK will decrypt into HoW engrams. This was the case with TDB and HoW releases.

Just get Cryptarch rep close to leveling, and save up some engrams, and turn them in after TTK is out. That package will have TTK loot in it. (Though right out the gates, probably green and blue engrams.)

flkraven

So I have a perfectly rolled Ash Factory but I just got the Tomorrow's Answer from this weeks Trials. Am I wrong, or does it appear to be better than Ash Factory?

Nuszka

Went away for a view hours to visit my brother and i noticed something interesting: this thread jumps a good view pages when Noomi is sitting bored at work haha.

flkraven

Cryprarch packages earned prior to TTK will decrypt into HoW engrams. This was the case with TDB and HoW releases.

Just get Cryptarch rep close to leveling, and save up some engrams, and turn them in after TTK is out. That package will have TTK loot in it. (Though right out the gates, probably green and blue engrams.)

Wait, save engrams? Will the legendary engrams that I don't have identified decode into TTK stuff?

Trakan

Only engrams. The package is generated when opening it, so you can save the package and get new loot.

So I have a perfectly rolled Ash Factory but I just got the Tomorrow's Answer from this weeks Trials. Am I wrong, or does it appear to be better than Ash Factory?

You are wrong.

Lee

Ash Factory should edge it out with max blast radius and velocity with tripod, if perfectly rolled.

LTWood12

Wait, save engrams? Will the legendary engrams that I don't have identified decode into TTK stuff?

Saving engrams won't do you any good. They'll decrypt into old stuff. However, Cryptarch packages themselves, if unopened, will yield engrams from whatever the current era you're in. That's how it's worked in the past anyway. Any other packages/engrams will give you old stuff.

Anastasis

They count one point for every player on your team. I have two games played, both victories, and am at 12/100 on the Triumphs. So it's not as bad as it looks.

I want to complete it for completions sake, but haven't psyched myself up enough yet. I think the last minute panic of next weekend will probably do it.

I'd like to get the Triumphs done, but for an emblem, I'm holding off for now. My wife already can't stand the amount I talk in game (which is really minimal). Kids sleeping down the hall and all. I just don't know if I'll be able to get Skolas done without an "enrage is near" in the home.

phen0m24

No - Get your Cryptarch close to the next level, and save engrams to decrypt so they will roll your Cryptarch over the next level. That way the rewards you'll get will hopefully include new stuff. :)

GhaleonEB

No, engrams will stay tied to the DLC it was earned in. I said to save engrams to level your Cryptarch rank - and that will get you a package with TTK gear.

Only engrams. The package is generated when opening it, so you can save the package and get new loot.
You sure? I did that for HoW and both Bungie and others shot it down (and it didn't work).

FyreWulff

If you want, I can go with you into crucible if you want to play with someone that is going to take it casually as well :v

E92 M3

No - Get your Cryptarch close to the next level, and save engrams to decrypt so they will roll your Cryptarch over the next level. That way the rewards you'll get will hopefully include new stuff. :)

Yeah, this. Though don't sweat it too much because TTK will be very generous.

flkraven

You sure? I did that for HoW and both Bungie and others shot it down (and it didn't work).

I've definitely heard conflicting reports on this. To the best of my knowledge it's been that Cryptarch was worth saving because it generates when you open it, while the others are generated already when they are delivered so they will be old content.

Anyone else take a step back and realize that they are undoing like 90% of HoW?
A lot of House of Wolves came built in with the whole "Year 1" stuff in mind. Even Etheric light specified that you could upgrade Year 1 items only, or something like that. Bungie is still finding their footing for this shared-world MMO-lite shooter, and they're going to make a couple more larger mistakes before they get it completely right.

If you want, I can go with you into crucible if you want to play with someone that is going to take it casually as well :v

I could help, too.

Homeboyd

Yeah keeping your cryptarch at the edge and then getting past the next rank will be the next thing i will be working on.

No, you can go ahead an rank up the cryptarch and save the packages is what I'm saying. Once you open them after TTK drops, the engrams will roll as TTK gear. You do NOT have to edge cryptarch rank to see this benefit.

Acidote

Ok Drizz and other sherpas, I'm home! If you feel like doing that Skolas just let me know. I see you're doing one right now and I don't want to bother you while you're at it.

Deku Tree

Wouldn't destiny benefit tremendously from having multi-player vehicle missions?

So can someone tell me mean why is there no three person Destiny "warthog" type of vehicle? You could go into a story mission with your two buddies: one person drives, the other person operates the cannon on the back and the third person sits in the passenger seat firing their primary/secondary/heavy at oncoming foes? Why can't Destiny have these kinds of experiences? Why are all the destiny vehicles single player only anyway? I wonder if the dreadnaught has it's own vehicles laying around in each area since you can't summon your own sparrow?

Or how about a Tank mission?

Would be so much better than doing the same thing with the Halo AI in single player... why aren't more people asking about this? Bungie used to be the master of vehicle missions too...

Karl2177

True. Bungie sees Taken King as being a new game/release, so it makes sense for them to handle the raid the same way as they did Vault of Glass. Give people time to get up to raid level - even new players via the spark of light - then open the doors to it when a lot of people can play it.
Even mathematically, it made sense to have Crota be open immediately. The previous max was only 2 levels below the raid beginning, which meant the enemies at the end were 3 levels above the player. For ttk, we are going to be a substantial amount of light below the recommended light as well as 6 levels. It makes complete sense to hold back the raid for at least a couple weeks.

stb

Anyone else take a step back and realize that they are undoing like 90% of HoW?

I'm OK with this.

HoW, in my humble opinion, was a hot mess. I thought it was obvious at the time that it was merely a band-aid; duct tape to hold the player base together until TTK.

I'm legit shocked that ToO, as flawed as it is, remained as popular as it did. I fully expected it to be essentially abandoned within a month.

phen0m24

I've definitely heard conflicting reports on this. To the best of my knowledge it's been that Cryptarch was worth saving because it generates when you open it, while the others are generated already when they are delivered so they will be old content.

Old engrams and Cryptarch/faction packages will always decrypt to old stuff.

What people are doing is two-fold.

They are getting their Cryptarch and factions right about to the next level. About to roll over. That way they are set to get new packages early into the game with new gear. That includes getting the Cryptarch right there, with a few engrams saved for launch. Decrypting those, Cryptarch rolls over, package - goodies.

Other people are hoarding packages in the postmaster because of the XP associated with opening them - which will help them level faster in the TTK world. Add Red Bull/Focused Light into that and yeah, Nami will be level 40 before lunch. :)

Many have done both of these.

Nuszka

No, you can go ahead an rank up the cryptarch and save the packages is what I'm saying. Once you open them after TTK drops, the engrams will roll as TTK gear. You do NOT have to edge cryptarch rank to see this benefit.

Its been confirmed that every package earned pre tTK will roll in the gear of the season it was acquired at.

Ophelion

I think communities like DestinyGAF are going to go nuts for it. The date will be a bit after launch, but announced well in advance. We'll have a few dozen raiding groups going concurrently, all for the first time. It's going to be awesome.

Since I came in a little bit into The Dark Below, I'm super excited for this. I've never done a raid where the vast majority of other players didn't think of it as old hat before. I'm excited to be on the front lines for once.

Homeboyd

Its been confirmed that every package earned pre tTK will roll in the gear of the season it was acquired at.
Link? I know faction and PE packages will, but for the cryptarch packages, he's not giving you gear, he's giving you engrams and engrams don't drop until you open the package which is why I figured this would work.

I for one am glad they are holding off on releasing the raid. Too stressful to try to get to 40 that quick.

EDIT: Top of the page IB Hunter wolf cloak HYPE

OOhMeMh.gif

Also the helmet the warlock in the back is wearing is giving me Black Manta vibes.

Top Bottom