• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

This game runs like shit. In certain moments it doesn't even matter if you're running DX9 on lowest settings at 720p, the framerate on my hd6850 hits below 30fps. Hilarious, specially after playing Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider/Far Cry 3 at pretty high fidelity, at 900p..

Sucks to hear. Sounding like this port has all sorts of issues :(

Speakin' of issues, just saw this once I arrived in Hengsha. It's like this in every apartment it appears in.

D9C5DEDD8C19EEBEED1C915A14229BEEB8E2E179

Supposed to be a painting, now it just looks like a stereogram; which I guess is kitschy futuristic in its own way.

Eusis

This game runs like shit. In certain moments it doesn't even matter if you're running DX9 on lowest settings at 720p, the framerate on my hd6850 hits below 30fps. Hilarious, specially after playing Bioshock Infinite/Tomb Raider/Far Cry 3 at pretty high fidelity, at 900p..
Have you checked the FPS with v-sync off? I noticed that it was actually 100+ in Sarif's office on a 560 Ti without messing with settings too much, but it dipped early in the game with v-sync on and just didn't feel as smooth as it should have in general. I do need to test more without v-sync on however.

After more digging around on the Steam forums, it appears to be that the Steam release of the Director's Cut is an extremely old (possibly 1.0) version of the original game. Cues like missing subtitle options that were added in later patches in the original game point to this release being a "downgrade" in terms of technical performance on PCs.

This is really frustrating, and kind of boggles my mind as to how or why this was done. I really wish Eidos Montreal would say something about this. I've asked through Facebook and Twitter (futile, I know), and no answer.

Some are claiming that if you apply the original Deus Ex HR profile to the DC all will be well

I tried this and it actually made things worse. Ugh....

After more digging around on the Steam forums, it appears to be that the Steam release of the Director's Cut is an extremely old (possibly 1.0) version of the original game. Cues like missing subtitle options that were added in later patches in the original game point to this release being a "downgrade" in terms of technical performance on PCs.

This is really frustrating, and kind of boggles my mind as to how or why this was done. I really wish Eidos Montreal would say something about this. I've asked through Facebook and Twitter (futile, I know), and no answer.

fucking nuts if true

>=(

Some are claiming that if you apply the original Deus Ex HR profile to the DC all will be well

I tried this and it actually made things worse. Ugh....

I've tried adding the DC .exe file to the profile in NVidia Inspector to no avail. I'm going to try renaming the .exe when I get home... but honestly, I don't think there's a fix for this until the game is updated by the devs to match the latest build of the original game. SO frustrating.

alf717

Speakin' of issues, just saw this once I arrived in Hengsha. It's like this in every apartment it appears in.

Supposed to be a painting, now it just looks like a stereogram; which I guess is kitschy futuristic in its own way.

I'm having an issue in Hengsha as well. When I leave the Limb Clinic the music gets stuck. I can still walk around but I can't talk to anyone. This happened to me before the side mission for Malik and after. Which is a pain cause I can't talk to Anonymous X.

Guess I'll just have to punch him in the face :)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I will play this within 6 months, and I'll report back with my progress within 6 months

Does this have all new acheivements?

Same achievements as the original game I think. I did a quick look at the steam achievements and they all look the same.

They show up as different games on every system except 360 though, if for some reason you want more trophies or something.

KePoW

Banned

If this is actually true, I hope they fix it ASAP

They wont fix it. If they didn't want to take the cheap way out this wouldn't have happened in the first place. The only way you can release a 2 year old game that performs worse than the original is if you were as cheap as possible with it's development.

It's only $5, and I've never asked for a refund from Valve before, but I think I might have to this time. I didnt expect a bunch of new graphics options. Not getting a true AA option is a disappointment, but in the end I'm ok with it.. I was just paying to get the gameplay improvements and to have the DLC joined properly in the game. But to be so cheap and to code a game so poorly that it runs worse than the identical game from 2 years ago is inexcusable.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Unsure what your specs are, I'm running it with an i7-920 OC'd to 3.6 and Crossfired 5870s. Had to do some registry tweaks, but the game runs locked at 60fps with everything maxed for the most part. Still get the occasional stutter when first entering an area. DX11 still supported, basically the only difference between the DC and vanilla is the revamped lighting system and The Missing Link being fully integrated instead of separate as well as the new tweaked boss fights.

Sorry but that seems bad to me, with your kind of rig and how the game looks it should run rock solid 60 with everything maxed out and AA at 1200p.
I imagine it'll run like shit on my Oc'd 5850 HD 1GB at 1080p.
Decently ported console games still run with everything maxed (sans AA but that doesn't bother me) at 1080p@60fps on my setup, I know it sounds strange but it's true.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Did anyone but this from the Square Enix store and get the "Fallen Angel" Malik novella? I want it but don't need to buy the full game.

deus-ex-preorder.jpg

Is anyone else getting a lot of crashes on the PC version? Seems to happen a lot right after cutscenes end or transitioning to new areas. The game autosaves so often that it hasn't been a problem for me yet, just really weird. I haven't had a game crash so often in a loooong time. I'm on Win 7 64bit

sfried

Yeah, if they patch the sound in the PS3 version, this will be the ddefinitive version for sure
I dunno about that ;) The GamePad get's really used here, and one thing I really like about the Off-TV play thats different from other Off-TV play's I've played so far, is that they use the HUD/touchscreen to map additional Hotkeys! That's a big plus on Straight Right's book! All the other games I've seen so far (with the exception of Rayman Legends) have treated it like a "like playing a straight console port of the game with no gimmicks", which does kill a certain part of the charm.

BTW, the other version were NOT developed by Striaght Right, but by Snowed In Studios.

Still nothing on their official community forum. I emailed both StraightRight and Snowed-in. No Response.

Seriously, if I don't hear anything in a few days, i'm trading it in. This is total fucking bullshit.
This game was delayed, delayed, and now all versions have been seemingly shat out 'cept, not surprisingly, the Wii U one.

I dunno about that ;) The GamePad get's really used here, and one thing I really like about the Off-TV play thats different from other Off-TV play's I've played so far, is that they use the HUD/touchscreen to map additional Hotkeys! That's a big plus on Straight Right's book!

BTW, the other version were NOT developed by Striaght Right, but by Snowed In Studios.

lol, I meant the Director's Cut in general is the definitive one. Not platform specific :)

Is anyone else getting a lot of crashes on the PC version? Seems to happen a lot right after cutscenes end or transitioning to new areas. The game autosaves so often that it hasn't been a problem for me yet, just really weird. I haven't had a game crash so often in a loooong time. I'm on Win 7 64bit

Playing windows 7 64bit as well and it crashed only once for me about halfway through the game.

sfried

Still nothing on their official community forum. I emailed both StraightRight and Snowed-in. No Response.

Seriously, if I don't hear anything in a few days, i'm trading it in. This is total fucking bullshit.
This game was delayed, delayed, and now all versions have been seemingly shat out 'cept, not surprisingly, the Wii U one.

lol, I meant the Director's Cut in general is the definitive one. Not platform specific :)
I think its the very fact Straight Right had done an excellent(?) porting job with Mass Effect 3 before doing Deus Ex, so they have some experience with the WiiU hardware's ins and outs (and interface). Perhaps the reason why other platform versions aren't as polished was because they weren't involved with them.

Gonna post some Miiverse stuff right now.

How long is an average playthrough of this game? I picked it up on lWii U yesterday and this will be my first time playing any version of Human Revolution.

Because of the assault rifle firing sound?

jakomocha

So, is the Wii U version worth the extra $20? I never played the original game but if the Wii U version doesn't add too much maybe I'll just stick with the 360/PS3 one.

Arkam

I am glad they are releasing a DC version cuz I missed this when it was first released. I was in mid alpha and had to hear about how awesome it was for weeks from friends without getting to even touch it. Finally ill understand the conversations ;P

I think I will pick up the WiiU version from the reviews. There goes my weekend.

So, is the Wii U version worth the extra $20? I never played the original game but if the Wii U version doesn't add too much maybe I'll just stick with the 360/PS3 one.

If you've never played any version, I'd say the Wii U is the one to get. I can confirm the PS3 version is a no go as of now. No one else to confirmed how the 360 version turned out.
As stated a few posts back, StraightRight did the Wii U port only, which is the best one.

PS3 - screwed up sound
PC - horrible performance
360 - unconfirmed.

sfried

Any Wii U impressions?
Very solid so far. GamePad functionality at its best. Just watching the intro sequence alone
while the cutscene of Adam getting "assembled" plays, the GamePad slowly "boots and installs" all of the features and functionality that you come to use.

Very solid so far. GamePad functionality at its best. Just watching the intro sequence alone
while the cutscene of Adam getting "assembled" plays, the GamePad slowly "boots and installs" all of the features and functionality that you come to use.
now that's classy!

Cystm

That's actually pretty awesome.

20 hours? How do you guys get through games so fast? It took me something like 35 hours to complete the game.

The Missing Link adds some 5 hours (perhaps a bit more) of content, so there's that too.

Yeah, it was probably around 24 hrs or so my first time

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wii U version seems very solid, port wise. I went back to watch the digital foundry face-off for the PS360 version of the game to refresh my memory. The game doesn't run great on any console. Wii U version doesn't seem to perform worse than vanilla did on the other consoles.

The nice part is that you can tell Wii U was the lead and originally only platform for the DC. In both presentation and functionality it is fit to the console, and the gamepad implementation is polished and detailed.

Wii U version seems very solid, port wise. I went back to watch the digital foundry face-off for the PS360 version of the game to refresh my memory. The game doesn't run great on any console. Wii U version doesn't seem to perform worse than vanilla did on the other consoles.

The nice part is that you can tell Wii U was the lead and originally only platform for the DC. In both presentation and functionality it is fit to the console, and the gamepad implementation is polished and detailed.

Yup

Almost makes me regret selling off my Wii U... Almost :p

My first time through the original game was 30 hours on the Give Me Deus Ex difficulty, playing as stealthily as I could. I think I got 46 of 49 achievements on that first playthrough.

GolazoDan

Anyone having issues installing on PC? Bought it but I have no install button, just a "Coming soon" screen in the library section. There's a growing Steam community thread on it at the moment.

Top Bottom