• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh wow (late game commentary spoilers)
originally Faridah's dead body in the Harvester's hideout was supposed to be disemboweled and limbs severed. Turns out the reason they didn't go that far was to comply with Japanese game ratings.

Yikes. Good thing they didn't do that :(

Tokubetsu

Sure this has been asked a million times but is there anywhere I can read a detailed description of the boss changes? Thanks.

I lol'd at the commentary for the
Namir
boss fight.

Sure this has been asked a million times but is there anywhere I can read a detailed description of the boss changes? Thanks.
Here are the changes I noticed so far on my playthrough:
During the Barrett fight there are more explosive barrels strewn about, making it possible to kill him solely by throwing those at him. There's a vent you can go into with an opening in a grate to snipe him from, and it eventually leads to a computer room that you can use to unlock a side room with more weaponry and turrets that you can unleash on him.

In the Federova fight there's a circular ramp on the side that has some EMP mines you can find; it leads to a second level that features four valves, a laser protected computer, a turret, and a keypad. You can use the four valves to gas the floor below, or the keypad to disable the lasers guarding the computer which you can hack to gain access to the ceiling mounted turret.

The Namir fight has more rooms you can check out, one features a laser rifle you can get to, and in another you can hack a computer to get a security bot on your side. The downside to this fight is you can't use the takedown glitch anymore from what I can tell.

Tokubetsu

I lol'd at the commentary for the
Namir
boss fight.

Here are the changes I noticed so far on my playthrough:
During the Barrett fight there are more explosive barrels strewn about, making it possible to kill him solely by throwing those at him. There's a vent you can go into with an opening in a grate to snipe him from, and it eventually leads to a computer room that you can use to unlock a side room with more weaponry and turrets that you can unleash on him.

In the Federova fight there's a circular ramp on the side that has some EMP mines you can find; it leads to a second level that features four valves, a laser protected computer, a turret, and a keypad. You can use the four valves to gas the floor below, or the keypad to disable the lasers guarding the computer which you can hack to gain access to the ceiling mounted turret.

The Namir fight has more rooms you can check out, one features a laser rifle you can get to, and in another you can hack a computer to get a security bot on your side. The downside to this fight is you can't use the takedown glitch anymore from what I can tell.

Awesome! Thanks! Maybe I'll install.

Redberyl

Neo Member
picked this up for wii u today, was surprised how hard it was to find in store, went to a walmart, target, frys, and two gamestops before finally tracking it down

O.DOGG

Here's the ones I know of.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
Change "AllowJobStealing" to 0

If you're running DX11 also change
"D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_TH­READING_OPTIMIZATIONS" to 1

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
Change "AtiForceFetch4" to 0

Hey, thanks! Now the game flies!

Guys, it feels so good to be playing Deus Ex again. One of my favorite games in the last couple of years. It's been a good 1 1/2 years+ since I played it the last time. Glad I held off for the DC.

Take it easy guys. Wii U owners enjoy the game.
I already traded my copy in towards a DS4 and Batman: AO

I just don't have faith this game is getting patched ANY time soon.

Perhaps I didn't notice this before, but I just
found a Hive membership card in a room that wasn't the off-duty Belltower's
. I swear that there wasn't one in that room before. Jensen doesn't call Malik about this, and I swear he used to call Malik about finding one.

Although, what do I know, it's been at least a year since I last played.

Also, anyone noticing random moments where the Radio-dialog box pops up, makes the usual radio noise, and then just cuts out?

picked this up for wii u today, was surprised how hard it was to find in store, went to a walmart, target, frys, and two gamestops before finally tracking it down
Had similar issues. Walmart doesn't show it getting in stock until 12/31 which is crazy. Best buy had it coming out on their site on the 29th, a full week after the other two. Target had no record if it at all.

Of the 5 gamestops in Colorado springs, each got 1 copy according to the rep I asked, because the copy he had was opened for display purposes which made me mad. Sadly, it appeared the only way for me to get this version. It looks like SE did what Ubi did with splinter cell and shipped an absolutely pathetic amount.

Varna

Wow. Why does this game run so terrible? I played through the original without any issues on way weaker GPU.

Eusis

Wow. Why does this game run so terrible? I played through the original without any issues on way weaker GPU.
Apparently it was built off of the original release version for some reason.

Hopefully this gets ironed out sooner than later.

SRTtoZ

Is there a reason why this game runs flawless on my system? I was reading the horror stories about how you have to edit the registry or else you get awful frames. Well with my 680, I max out everything at 60fps, smooth as butter. *shrug*

O.DOGG

Is there a reason why this game runs flawless on my system? I was reading the horror stories about how you have to edit the registry or else you get awful frames. Well with my 680, I max out everything at 60fps, smooth as butter. *shrug*

It runs smooth as butter here as well. I didn't play far enough without the registry tweaks to notice any difference but with them the game runs perfectly.

Cystm

I have had no issues either, up until just now. The game stopped responding during a side quest conversation.

WiiU version here.

Been playing nonstop since I got the game (log shows 19 hours - I like to take my time, especially with this game) and
I'm off to Hengsha
now - what a fucking amazing game/world!

Past that, other devs should take notes on proper gamepad utilization.

IMO it sets the new standard for future WiiU games and how they -should- use the gamepad - 1st and 3rd-party.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Toshiba 1TB I think? It was one of the first officially listed supported ones. Never really had issues with my other games, so I don't know if it's a streaming issue, game issue, or my Wii U. Some scenes are less obvious than others, but the camera pans are choppy especially in the intro cut scene.

I have the Wii U version (disc) and also had the original PS3 release, the cutscenes are lower res (compressed looking) and choppy in both versions.

pahamrick

Here's something weird that's going on with this game for me. Had the AMD Uninstaller Utility hose my Windows 8 install last night, figured I'd take the opportunity to reinstall Windows 7 instead since I haven't liked 8 much since I first got it.

Get everything reinstalled and set up, boot up the Director's Cut and no performance issues or stuttering at all. Didn't do any of the registry tweaks, but now I'm getting silky smooth 60fps without a single stutter to be seen.

The only differences are I'm now on Windows 7 instead of 8, and I'm running the new 13.11 Beta 6 drivers. Still using The Missing Link profile for crossfire. Not going to complain, but it struck me as odd.

Alastor

Caved in and bought it. I've played the original not so long ago, but loved it. I told myself this time I'll go guns blazing, but I started stealthy anyway again... I guess I really can't help it.

Apenheul

I really wanted to play the game this weekend but I couldn't find the Wii U version anywhere, so I've just ordered it online. Maybe next week.

Gibbo

Played this on the 360 previousl but stopped
at the part where you have to escape the soldiers raiding the apartment
is there enough content in the dc to warrant a replay? thinking on buying it on the PC (which should be able to run it at max settings)

Porcile

Played through the little prologue last night. Game seems fun but was disappointed with the choppy cutscenes on Wii U. Generally I like the look of the game so far, but it's a little bit flat in places and the animation is a bit stiff. Will put in a bigger session tonight.

Played this on the 360 previousl but stopped
at the part where you have to escape the soldiers raiding the apartment
is there enough content in the dc to warrant a replay? thinking on buying it on the PC (which should be able to run it at max settings)

The Missing Link DLC is fantastic, and included with the DC.

It has been reported that having google chrome open in the background helps fix issues.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939351232326087/

What in the what?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Played through the little prologue last night. Game seems fun but was disappointed with the choppy cutscenes on Wii U. Generally I like the look of the game so far, but it's a little bit flat in places and the animation is a bit stiff. Will put in a bigger session tonight.

the choppy cutscenes are like that in all versions, Quite frankly they look like garbage. Even looking up a walkthrough on youtube that has the cutscenes will show this on ps3 and 360 (and now wii u)

Does the PC version still have stuttering? I remember getting 120 fps but the game would still stutter when turning the camera or moving around.
There was a patch that would supposedly fix the stuttering, but didn't it fix it, atleast last time I tried.

Tab0203

regarding choppy Wii U cutscenes

I moved the game from my external HD to system memory... didn't help.

Then I noticed something by accident: Pausing the game for a second (press start) seems to fix the choppiness. I tested the intro cutscene starting a new game. This is unacceptable though, and I hope there's a patch soon.

sfried

So anyone able to summarize the differences between the Wii U and the other versions? Sounds like the other versions have problems.
The Wii U version is the least buggy with the ability to leave infologs and annotations for other players to see on the Miiverse. Also, it has Off-TV play that's by far superior to other Off-TV games on the WiiU, and that special neural enhancement which lets you see what NPCs are carrying using the Gamepad.

Stuff like the commentary and redone boss fights are found in all versions I think.

munroe

The Wii U version is the least buggy with the ability to leave infologs and annotations for other players to see on the Miiverse. Also, it has Off-TV play that's by far superior to other Off-TV games on the WiiU, and that special neural enhancement which lets you see what NPCs are carrying using the Gamepad.

Stuff like the commentary and redone boss fights are found in all versions I think.

There's currently no sign of the walkthrough guide either which was advertised for all versions and not exclusively for WiiU

elektrixx

Banned
I tried playing it. Couldn't get into it. It runs ultra smooth for me. It's the game itself I'm not into.

I dislike the controls. Moving behind cover is clunky. I couldn't stealth kill while in cover. The tutorial prompts blocked my UI when I was trying to learn how to play. Even though I watched the one about stealth kills, it appeared three times. When I got found just before getting in the door in the next room it put me all the way back so I had to deal with all that a second time.

It doesn't feel like the game should be a first person shooter.

I don't like how the dude reads the dialog options verbatim. It's like I'm getting spoiled.

Blind fire behind cover is disgusting. It's annoyingly inaccurate.

I'll give this game a miss, again. At least I got slightly further than last time the game released. I didn't realise until now that what I got up to last time was before his body gets modded.

pahamrick

The missing / broken textures, especially in Hengsha, are so distracting (Exploring a kitchen, suddenly.. NEON GREEN!).

It will be a shame if this never gets patched, especially since Vanilla + TML were yanked from the steam store.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Can you comment on performance? The framerate seemed a bit choppy at points (some of the hub areas, for instance). The loading times also seem pretty lengthy (reminds me of the PC version before it was first patched).

Porcile

I tried playing it. Couldn't get into it. It runs ultra smooth for me. It's the game itself I'm not into.

I dislike the controls. Moving behind cover is clunky. I couldn't stealth kill while in cover. The tutorial prompts blocked my UI when I was trying to learn how to play. Even though I watched the one about stealth kills, it appeared three times. When I got found just before getting in the door in the next room it put me all the way back so I had to deal with all that a second time.

It doesn't feel like the game should be a first person shooter.

I don't like how the dude reads the dialog options verbatim. It's like I'm getting spoiled.

Blind fire behind cover is disgusting. It's annoyingly inaccurate.

I'll give this game a miss, again. At least I got slightly further than last time the game released. I didn't realise until now that what I got up to last time was before his body gets modded.

Well, yeah that makes sense doesn't it? haha

The games cover system seems designed with a controller in mind. It's really easy to zip about on Wii U.

Everything seems pretty much perfectly designed for Wii U. Except for those damn cutscenes. It's not enough to not warrant a purchase, but it's strange that there'd be something fundamentally flawed in the games code which they couldn't resolve. Cutscenes of all things as well.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well, yeah that makes sense doesn't it? haha

The games cover system seems designed with a controller in mind. It's really easy to zip about on Wii U.

Everything seems pretty much perfectly designed for Wii U. Except for those damn cutscenes. It's not enough to not warrant a purchase, but it's strange that there'd be something fundamentally flawed in the games code which they couldn't resolve. Cutscenes of all things as well.
What's wrong with the cutscenes?

Maxrunner

What? this has off tv play? how do you activate it?

Maxrunner

Can you comment on performance? The framerate seemed a bit choppy at points (some of the hub areas, for instance). The loading times also seem pretty lengthy (reminds me of the PC version before it was first patched).

Sometimes it is, but i've read that the wiiu version even has some graphical features not present on the pc. But it seems the documentation of all the features is a bit weak,i didn't even knew you could play this with the gamepad only.

NotLiquid

What's the general consensus on the game? The Wii U version is pretty cheap down where I live so I'm contemplating on picking it up. I already own the PS3 version of the original and didnt get the chance to play much but it showed a deal of promise and I'm wondering whether I should jump onto the new version while its still a fresh experience to me.

Top Bottom