• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Hearing it's a great port on Wii U, I think I will buy this tonight from eshop. I have £5 code from the digital promotion so the price it's quite nice in the end. And on top I will get enough points to get another £5 code.

I have some time for gaming over the weekend and I didn't play the original so this should be interesting.

Metal B

I really like the system to share hinds or comments in-game through Miiverse. You can even draw on the pictures and leave voice-messages, which your friends can listen to.

zlCfzRKmMg8QVJ2pRk

I only wish the achievements of the game would post a picture of a trophy or something on Miiverse, instead of only a message.

Yaska

Anyone having issues installing on PC? Bought it but I have no install button, just a "Coming soon" screen in the library section. There's a growing Steam community thread on it at the moment.

Finland, and same thing. Install gives me an error (Game not released).

Finland, and same thing. Install gives me an error (Game not released).

You're getting an error? That's more than I'm getting.

My library says "Not yet released" and when double clicked or I press "Play Now" on the store page, it doesn't do anything.

Edit: New Zealand here, by the way. Though I bought it a few days ago by using the "?cc=us" trick.

Kadayi

Banned
Saw this posted in the steam thread: -

http://steamdb.info/app/238010/

State: eStateComingSoonNoPreload

until that's updated nothing will have changed.

Good going Square...

Seriously, how hard can it be to ensure someone flicks a switch or just program in an automated release? The fact that you can buy it but you can't play it is just /facepalm

kami_sama

One question. Is there any way to have the second-screen features on the PC?
I saw the iPad image and thought there must be a way.

pahamrick

Sorry but that seems bad to me, with your kind of rig and how the game looks it should run rock solid 60 with everything maxed out and AA at 1200p.
I imagine it'll run like shit on my Oc'd 5850 HD 1GB at 1080p.
Decently ported console games still run with everything maxed (sans AA but that doesn't bother me) at 1080p@60fps on my setup, I know it sounds strange but it's true.

I have no issues with the performance now, to be honest. I got used to stutter with the vanilla version, as I finished that before the stutter patch was ever even released. Its literally only for the first few moments when loading into a new area and then goes away pretty quickly.

I'm hoping a patch comes, no doubt, but it's far from unplayable.

18 goddamn frames per second in that first room? You've got to be kidding me.

I'll come back to this when it's had half a dozen patches like the original release.

pahamrick

Here's the ones I know of.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC
Change "AllowJobStealing" to 0

If you're running DX11 also change
"D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_TH­READING_OPTIMIZATIONS" to 1

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics
Change "AtiForceFetch4" to 0

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, it's the Wii U version worth the higher price?

Being the only version that was done and tested properly it seems so. This is the first case when the other versions are rushed ports of the Wii U build and not the other way around. Funny story, really.

Edit: 16GB download, that's quite a lot.

sfried

Being the only version that was done and tested properly it seems so. This is the first case when the other versions are rushed ports of the Wii U build and not the other way around. Funny story, really.
Price is $50 on Wii U, $30 on other platforms.
People: "Screw the pricing gauging. I never asked for this!"
Buys it on other platforms. Buggy to the max.
People: "...I never asked for that either!"

Deus Ex Human Revolution: I should've asked for this Edition.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Luckily in Europe is cheaper. £29.99 on UK eshop and £23.99 on amazon.co.uk.

I used a £5 code from digital promotion so I got it digitally with just a little bit over amazon price.

Dont think things will be fixed either due this being a what, 3 year old game at this point?Square (not devs) are probably just try to squeeze what they can outof this and move on.
Its really sad as this project deserved better, nvm the fact that it looks like I've waisted $30 :(

Dont think things will be fixed either due this being a what, 3 year old game at this point. Square (not devs) are probably just try to squeeze what they can outof this and move on.
Its really sad as this project deserved better, nvm the fact that it looks like I've waisted $30 :(

Sadly this is looking like the case.. No word from either Eidos or Square. Wish I held off on buying it.

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEidosDeus Ex: HRDC

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEidosDeus Ex: HRDCGraphics

Thank you.

Miguel81

Price is $50 on Wii U, $30 on other platforms.
People: "Screw the pricing gauging. I never asked for this!"
Buys it on other platforms. Buggy to the max.
People: "...I never asked for that either!"

Deus Ex Human Revolution: I should've asked for this Edition.

lol.. I was gonna get the PC version, but I think I'll wait for black friday and get it along with the WiiU.

kami_sama

Edit: 16GB download, that's quite a lot.

Playing it on PC, and it looks almost as stable as the normal edition. Had a problem with afterburner, and some glitch on the menus that was already present on the first version. No important bugs.

Well it looks I won't be able to use it. In the requirements mentions an i5, I have amd D:

Wait, what is this? Apparently the batter recharge changes are ONLY on the lower difficulties. On Give Me Deus Ex it's using the old system. Ugh, the problem with the battery system isn't about difficulty, it's about a silly design decision that's poorly balanced.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Playing it on PC, and it looks almost as stable as the normal edition. Had a problem with afterburner, and some glitch on the menus that was already present on the first version. No important bugs.

Might be, but there are numerous report in this thread about the PC version. Good for you I guess. A rushed port means also not tested enough.

Wait, what is this? Apparently the batter recharge changes are ONLY on the lower difficulties. On Give Me Deus Ex it's using the old system. Ugh, the problem with the battery system isn't about difficulty, it's about a silly design decision that's poorly balanced.
Haha, while I was playing I was wondering why the energy system seemed exactly the same after hearing it was changed; looked it up and yeah, Give Me Deus Ex uses the old system.

I've come across a few visual bugs that weren't originally there, so I'm pretty disappointed in that.

http://i4.minus.com/iGG4Mk0sj2lUl.png Look at the convenience store to the right; the textures at the bottom appear missing.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540723373232807761/D9C5DEDD8C19EEBEED1C915A14229BEEB8E2E179/ One of the paintings used several times in the Hengsha hotel turned into a stereogram.
(LOCATION SPOILER, saying this for good measure) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540723373247091965/FBAF2D802F31CA063B7E525D433DB60CA4E4F769/ I noticed a bit in Detroit but once I got to Hengsha I noticed more Z-fighting. This particular spot had the entire floor doing it.

Artex

Banned
Wait what? I can play Deus Ex: HR on my Vita?

wat

EDIT: nvm; that was an exciting 2 minutes though. Carry on.

kami_sama

Haha, while I was playing I was wondering why the energy system seemed exactly the same after hearing it was changed; looked it up and yeah, Give Me Deus Ex uses the old system.

I've come across a few visual bugs that weren't originally there, so I'm pretty disappointed in that.

http://i4.minus.com/iGG4Mk0sj2lUl.png Look at the convenience store to the right; the textures at the bottom appear missing.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540723373232807761/D9C5DEDD8C19EEBEED1C915A14229BEEB8E2E179/ One of the paintings used several times in the Hengsha hotel turned into a stereogram.
(LOCATION SPOILER, saying this for good measure) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540723373247091965/FBAF2D802F31CA063B7E525D433DB60CA4E4F769/ I noticed a bit in Detroit but once I got to Hengsha I noticed more Z-fighting. This particular spot had the entire floor doing it.

Oh fuck, z-fighting. I hate it. I still haven't found any, though.

Okay, finally got around to booting it up. After registry fixes, I'm getting 100+ FPS in 1400P on a 7950. Not bad! Everything looks great. I'm actually really liking the graphical changes. The "orange" is still there, but much more subtle.

Also, the dev commentary is great so far. They've said some really interesting things, acknowledged parts of the game they didn't like, gave some extra insight into things I didn't know about, etc.

Amirai

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEidosDeus Ex: HRDC

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareEidosDeus Ex: HRDCGraphics

Are those first two only if you're on an ati card, or should someone with an nvidia card do those too?

Hearing it's a great port on Wii U, I think I will buy this tonight from eshop. I have £5 code from the digital promotion so the price it's quite nice in the end. And on top I will get enough points to get another £5 code.

I have some time for gaming over the weekend and I didn't play the original so this should be interesting.

It is tough, have to get around Pikmin 3, W101 and LoZ WW HD. But I think I will support this game, never played it, seems built specially for me and glad to hear it is one of the best implementations for the gamepad.

kami_sama

Okay, finally got around to booting it up. After registry fixes, I'm getting 100+ FPS in 1400P on a 7950. Not bad! Everything looks great. I'm actually really liking the graphical changes. The "orange" is still there, but much more subtle.

Also, the dev commentary is great so far. They've said some really interesting things, acknowledged parts of the game they didn't like, gave some extra insight into things I didn't know about, etc.

I also have a 7950, will see how it works. Already did the fixes. Do you use AA?

Man, this commentary is great.

I never caught on before, but there are empty red and gold paint cans all over the place throughout the game. Apparently they did that as an inside joke to say that the reason the world is so yellow is because somebody has literally been going around painting everything.

I also have a 7950, will see how it works. Already did the fixes. Do you use AA?

Yeah, I'm using MLAA right now. Getting some random drops here and there, but nothing below 60 so far...we'll so how it goes once I hit the streets of Detroit. I remember in the original that most of my framerate problems were in the city hubs.

Frodo

I really like the system to share hinds or comments in-game through Miiverse. You can even draw on the pictures and leave voice-messages, which your friends can listen to.

I only wish the achievements of the game would post a picture of a trophy or something on Miiverse, instead of only a message.

Wait! You can draw on pictures to post on Miiverse?! That is AWESOME!

I bought it but still haven't had time to play it! Love that they are using Miiverse like that! Glad I bought the game, since it seems they've put a lot of effort on it.

:D

So, the game keeps crashing for me everytime I try to go around the corner with the first hackable door in the first level. Right as the communicator beeps when Pritchard is about to start talking to you, the game crashes. Every time.

Anybody else having this issue?

I like some of the things they changed for this Director's Cut, but really disappointed that it's significantly more buggy then the main game.

SuomiDude

Just bought the game on Amazon UK. Wii U version that is. Have some backlog already, so takes a while before I'll actually play it, but got it cheap, and don't think it'll go much lower in price anytime soon.

So, the game keeps crashing for me everytime I try to go around the corner with the first hackable door in the first level. Right as the communicator beeps when Pritchard is about to start talking to you, the game crashes. Every time.

Anybody else having this issue?

I like some of the things they changed for this Director's Cut, but really disappointed that it's significantly more buggy then the main game.

Okay, I tried changing a bunch of settings (turning off DX11, Vsync, etc) and it didn't crash this time. Not sure what actually made the difference.

Aaaaand, crashing again, now when just loading a save in that area. Works fine if I turn off DX11. Guessing it may be an issue with DX11 with AMD cards.

Oh wow (late game commentary spoilers)
originally Faridah's dead body in the Harvester's hideout was supposed to be disemboweled and limbs severed. Turns out the reason they didn't go that far was to comply with Japanese game ratings.

Oh wow (late game commentary spoilers)
originally Faridah's dead body in the Harvester's hideout was supposed to be disemboweled and limbs severed. Turns out the reason they didn't go that far was to comply with Japanese game ratings.

Makes sense considering they are harvesting.

Did you do the registry fixes, by chance? That seems to fix performance for most everyone.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC

for nVidia users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics

Ah, thank you! I had only done the third one but not the second. Now the frame rate is soaring!

Ok so with Tesselation and Object Highlighting on NPCs have flickering dots showing up all over them when standing in front of something highlighted. Anyone else see something like this before?

Edit: Oh it's an original graphical bug from Human Revolution? So I guess I should probably give it a few weeks while they patch this thing into a proper working order and maybe go play Batman instead.

Top Bottom