• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Wow really amazing OT!

There's something I've been thinking about lately; Deus Ex HR couldn't come at a better time. It's going to be a really refreshing start to a small number of great releases upcoming. When I get to sit back and experience this game, I know that feeling I had when I first played Deus Ex will return.

DryvBy

Drewfonse said:
I don't normally buy strategy guides for games, but Amazon is selling this one for $12.99. For
those of you who have played the leak: would a strategy guide add to the experience? I would only use it for weapon/Augs for my first time through and then full on for subsequent runs.

Does it have significant branching paths?

CAN'T WAIT

I had a similar discussion with a friend recently. Why do people buy guides other than the pictures to look out or something to read at work? Most good guides are on the internet and much more detailed. I haven't had a guide since GTA 4 which I got for free.

Ra1den

charsace said:
Most other single player games are just roller coasters with a few branching paths along the way that only really shine in multiplayer which where those games really have any type of freedom.

Freedom to run around in circles shooting each other? Yeah, that's great for immersion.

abunai

Slackbladder said:
So, DX11 on Windows 7 only? Any idea why? Great OT by the way. Had the Augmented version on pre-order for ages now.

Oh hey, so, I wasn't actually aware that Microsoft released the DX11 update for Windows Vista. It'll work fine on that os too, I assume.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Wow really amazing OT!

There's something I've been thinking about lately; Deus Ex HR couldn't come at a better time. It's going to be a really refreshing start to a small number of great releases upcoming. When I get to sit back and experience this game, I know that feeling I had when I first played Deus Ex will return.

Hopefully the more casual gamers will eat it up like they ate up Bioshock back in August 2007!

garath

Wings1 said:
Yeah, this sucks. I preordered the UK augmented version of the game last year from Amazon.co.uk and now they announce this Steam region locking.

Languages - English
Release Region - UK Only
Steam Account Region - UK Only

Languages - English
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - FIGS*
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - RP**
Release Region - Russia/Poland
Steam Account Region - Russia/Poland Only

* French, Italian, German, Spanish
** Russian, Polish

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1649553&postcount=124

Time to cancel my copy then and wait for the sales.

Looks like they are finally starting to crack down on the Russian keys and the like.

Doesn't have US on that list. Wonder if the Greenman gaming pre-purchasers from the US will have trouble.....

kuYuri

Had Augmented Edition PC preordered for awhile now. Trying to play Deus Ex GotY on Steam before release, we'll see how far I can get.

Great job on OP.

epmode

garath said:
Looks like they are finally starting to crack down on the Russian keys and the like.

Doesn't have US on that list. Wonder if the Greenman gaming pre-purchasers from the US will have trouble.....
http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/434/

We have assurences from the publisher that all keys bought will not in fact be region locked in this specific instance. My colleague Rob will post a more in depth response as soon as we can

We're rather busy in the GMG office this morning!

Games Com!

They still work everywhere.

They will continue to work everywhere, and we have 100% confirmation from the publisher from this.

There was a while yesterday when we were told there would be lots of different versions but the publisher emailed us last night to confirm this would not be the case!

N9sZz.png

I'd love to grab this one, but it's says it's too large. Can someone fix it for me?

masterkajo

I ordered the UK version from a local retailer (main Europe here). Would that mean I cannot actiavte the product just because the game was ment to be played by someone form the UK? How is it going to check where I live? IP? Wouldn't a proxy work around that problem?

Grisby

I'm trying to decide if I want to be Shooter McShootertin on my first go through or Silent McQuietsteps.

Or maybe a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.

Jeramii

Banned
I just pre-ordered this game from ultimatum game keys for $35... as far as i've read everywhere this site is safe and legit and all keys are legal (by that I mean not illegally obtained).

I bought the Witcher 2 from them today as a test (for $20) which is a Steam activated game, and its downloading fine. Does anyone know if steam is ok with keys from this site, I mean obviously they activate as they should... But I still feel with those prices there is a catch. And I don't want to risk any form of ban on steam.

edit:
I emailed Ultimatum Games about possible region lock issues with this game. they emailed me back with.

Hi,
Yes the game is region locked.
But don’t worry we will have the EU version of the game.
So it will be playable in US as well.

Thanks.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm definitely going in guns blazing my first playthrough. One of the staple concepts of cyberpunk is overpopulation.

Orcastar

It's coming out next week, but I won't have a chance to play untill the end of the month... I don't wanna wait that long!

Oh, and awesome OP!

ironcreed

Banned
Just to echo an earlier post in this thread, this game is coming out at the perfect time for me. Plenty of time to enjoy it before games like Dark Souls and Skyrim steal me away for the rest of the year.

tci

Great OP!

Releasing tomorrow here.. but no Stream preload? I guess I won't be playing tomorrow then.

bitoriginal

Awesome OP. Hype metre going through the roof. Literally cannot wait for this game. It's the first ray of sunshine in what has so far been a fairly barren year for games.

Amir0x

Banned
i cannot believe this is actually going to turn into something good. I never allowed myself to be hyped for all the development period because of this. Now that it's here it seems preeetty surreal. God I hope it lives up to expectations

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've tried to keep my expectations low, since it's potential to disappoint has always been as high as it's potential to rock my shit, but the leak impressions have got me excited. Now I expect this to be fucking awesome.

one week yo

Salsa

late to the party, love the OP!! great job abunai, still cant believe we are getting a proper Deus Ex sequel.

pre-order has been set since it became available, cannot wait.

HKnightz

wondering if I should put off playing this until I beat vtmb and deus ex, since i might not be able to go back to them after

Zeal

Banned
holy shit at the viral campaign for this, such as this sarif industries site. sorry i'm a little behind and didn't see it until now.

they spent some serious money on this shit, and it's awesome. so hyped for this game. modern day legend approaching.

Drakken

Man, I'm super hyped for this. Sounds like it's going to be a really unique experience compared to most current games.

Can someone recommend a good Let's Play for the original? I started it awhile back but stopped partway through the game for some reason, and I don't feel like trying to pick it back up now.

RedSwirl

Wait, I can't use DX11 on Vista for this game? Fuck.

Oh, and it was confirmed that this game is Steamworks right?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As I said in the leak discussion, I'm an extremely cynical gamer with a strong attachment to old school WRPGs, especially the likes of Deus Ex and Vampire: Bloodlines. My money would have been on this being a trainwreck, simply on the principle that this generation has left me bitter, with low expectations for everything.

Instead, the leak has me convinced this will be one of the best WRPGs made since those two aforementioned games, a wholey faithful Deus Ex game, and a steel capped boot to the face of the dumbed down hand holding garbage that masquarades as 'role playing' these days.

Its the Deus Ex game we've all been waiting for. Its here.

abunai

RedSwirl said:
Wait, I can't use DX11 on Vista for this game? Fuck.

Nah, I wasn't aware the vista DX11 update was out, vista is good to go. My bad, i'll edit it out when I'm back home.

RedSwirl said:
Oh, and it was confirmed that this game is Steamworks right?

Yup!

Thanks again for all the words guys, means a lot that you like the thread.

Amir0x

Banned
Deadbeat said:
Play the leak.
It will

Nah I refuse to spoil myself on this one. I've seen literally almost no media except that first CG trailer and I read a bit about the unprecedented amount of dialogue this game has. Then I saw in the other thread it has been getting a lot of good reviews, and EatChildren posted a semi-hands on where he noted several things that were really excited as a Deus Ex fan.

I really thought the game was going to be bust up until this week

Zeal

Banned
i want an awesome deus ex HR win7 theme so bad. the yellow tint, the neo-renaissance look, the sounds, the works. hopefully someone will make an awesome one soon.

so hyped for this game. soon...must remain calm.

Amir0x

Banned
Velvet Cyberpunk said:
Anybody...anybody...anybody?

Are you sure it's too big? When I open it up in my program it says it is 100x120, so is the dimensions in the image box.

100x120 should be the right avatar size.

edit: oh, it's 80kb. 50kb is the filesize. Gotcha.

KorrZ

Amir0x said:
Nah I refuse to spoil myself on this one. I've seen literally almost no media except that first CG trailer and I read a bit about the unprecedented amount of dialogue this game has. Then I saw in the other thread it has been getting a lot of good reviews, and EatChildren posted a semi-hands on where he noted several things that were really excited as a Deus Ex fan.

I really thought the game was going to be bust up until this week

Not to derail the thread but...Did I miss something? Is my browser just messing up or is Amir0x not a red anymore? /confused!

Amir0x

Banned
KorrZ said:
Not to derail the thread but...Did I miss something? Is my browser just messing up or is Amir0x not a red anymore? /confused!

Old story. I made an unethical mistake that definitely deserved demodding. But, if you want the story PM me. Let's not derail any more topics with this stuff.

Top Bottom