• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

EatChildren said:
If the VPN doesn't unlock it I'm banning every goddamn American on this forum, no exceptions.

It will be war.

Is there any chance you could PM the system for activating it in this way? You sound like you've done it before. Most of my research is all about playing games through it and I'm not confident it's the same as simply a once off activation.

Card Boy

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
are most people playing with kb/m or the controller? I can't decide. Being new to PC gaming I'm not very skilled with kb/m and I bought a 360 PC controller today...

I'm going to try controller first, if it feels shit (high chance it will, since its an FPS) then i will M&K it.

Skirn

Jtrizzy said:
are most people playing with kb/m or the controller? I can't decide. Being new to PC gaming I'm not very skilled with kb/m.
I'm going with gamepad, but that's only because I'll play it on my HDTV while sitting on my Comfy Couch, otherwise I'd go KB+M.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pixel Pete said:
Is there any chance you could PM the system for activating it in this way? You sound like you've done it before. Most of my research is all about playing games through it and I'm not confident it's the same as simply a once off activation.

You can download a free trial from Anonymity Network. You just need to make an account, login on the website, then login using the software and connect to a server.

Apparently as soon as you switch back to local the game will lock again unfortunately. You might need to fiddle around to get it working.

EDIT: Also, I dont know the legality of this regarding your Steam account, and take no responsibility for locked/banned accounts. I dont know why they'd do that, but I'm covering my arse :p.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Killing time, made a GIF

escusemepowlq9v.gif

Robot Pants

EatChildren said:
If the VPN doesn't unlock it I'm banning every goddamn American on this forum, no exceptions.

It will be war.

You know....I'd be ok with that. It's completely understandable.
I mean we'll be busy playing Deus Ex anyway....... oooooooo
:p

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
EatChildren said:

It will be war.

Will unlocking HR using my U.S VPN violate Steam's TOS?

Anyone got any experience in this area?

Really curious to read what the feedback will be on this game. I haven't followed it too closely, but after hearing so much praise (and watching a bit of a playthrough) of the first Deus Ex, it's definitely on my radar. So I'll be looking out for reviews and reading this thread to see what GAF thinks!

Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up a few months down the line when I can maybe get it cheaper and when I have built a PC capable of running it. I know there were some good pre-release deals! :(

I don't think my laptop could handle right now, at least as well as I'd like.

K701

Banned
EatChildren said:
You can download a free trial from Anonymity Network. You just need to make an account, login on the website, then login using the software and connect to a server.

Apparently as soon as you switch back to local the game will lock again unfortunately. You might need to fiddle around to get it working.

EDIT: Also, I dont know the legality of this regarding your Steam account, and take no responsibility for locked/banned accounts. I dont know why they'd do that, but I'm covering my arse :p.

Wtf at that site:

"USA Government has the rights to track all your actions on the Internet and they can do that so easily and quickly."

That's not how it works.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
EatChildren said:

A commercial VPN provider might be a better solution - and it has other benefits such as Netflix, etc.

Salsa

yup no key yet, looks like im screwed till tomorrow afternoon or so, and then i'll have to download it and then..

fuck

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
I hope America is hit by a giant penis shaped asteroid in the next hour.

edit: the asteroid would have the australian flag on it of course.

Veins said:
I hope America is hit by a giant penis shaped asteroid in the next hour.

edit: the asteroid would have the australian flag on it of course.

Hopefully that penis has better aim than Steve Irwin's dumb heart which got in the way of that stinger... ;p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Optimus Lime said:
A commercial VPN provider might be a better solution - and it has other benefits such as Netflix, etc.

This is true.

Basically there a lot of VPN options. Do some digging, and you should be able to find something. If you're worried, maybe dont, as I dont know if it risks a Steam account locking.

Thursday is too far away!

All the reviews sound like they have delivered a game where you can play the game how you want, how old school of them.

I'd much rather play a game that shoots for the moon or sun but falls short in a few areas rather than one aims for mediocrity and nails it.

artwalknoon said:
Question: Can the difficulty be changed in-game or do you choose at the start and that's it?

I'm guessing it can be changed because there's an achievement that requires you to beat the game on the hardest setting without changing it in-game.

Top Bottom