• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
shadyspace said:
You mean the theatrical cut?

How+About+No.jpg

Harrison Ford's narration should prepare me for video game voice acting. No?

Anyone ever actually gone through the process of buying from Walmart at midnight? I called mine and they seemed hesitant to say it would be available and maybe I should go in at 2am instead. Just checking with people who may have some experience.

chiba

moop2000 said:
Anyone ever actually gone through the process of buying from Walmart at midnight? I called mine and they seemed hesitant to say it would be available and maybe I should go in at 2am instead. Just checking with people who may have some experience.
It's cause electronics doesn't get em til the warehouse guys bring out the boxes, which isn't til 12-30/1am sometimes. Pretty sure that's why they told you that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
moop2000 said:

Most walmarts are so clueless they will accidentally sell it to you days early in my experience.

moop2000 said:

I called two of mine and one of them told me that they take out the pallets at around 11 to begin stocking and that there really isn't a way to know when it will be on the shelves for certain with all the different departments. There is no "checking the back" because the pallets are shrink wrapped and they wouldn't be able to tell whats what until they begin opening them. That said, I'm still going to call both after midnight and ask if its been shelved.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
moop2000 said:

I've picked up many, many games at Walmart, at midnight, in many different cities.

70% of the time, the game is nowhere to be found; but if you ask an associate, and are friendly, they'll look around for it, find it, and sell it to you.

10% of the time the game is already on the shelf.

20% of the time you'll go home empty handed.

chiba said:
It's cause electronics doesn't get em til the warehouse guys bring out the boxes, which isn't til 12-30/1am sometimes. Pretty sure that's why they told you that.

Yeah, he said that i could show up at 12 and if they know where they are he was sure an associate could grab it for me. Here's to hoping they know where they are.

Also, here's to hoping the overnight shift is so boring that someone will be glad to help ;p

dream

For those who bought the Augmented Edition directly from Steam - does it show up in your list as Deus Ex: Human Revolution or does it actually say Augmented Edition?

boredofcanada said:
If this one knocks it out of the park sales wise, you best believe a sequel will be about the graphics.

And universal ammo!

Bought the augmented edition on steam.. will cancel my pre-order at gamestop tomorrow.. maybe throw it down on Dark Souls..

Pre-loading now.. and I'm seriously contemplating an all nighter to play this.. nevermind that I have work in the morning.. and will be braindead by the end of the day.

edit -

It just says Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I was going to gloat about the fact that I'm not having any trouble staying awake until I realised that the preload unlocks 24 hours later in my region :(

Just curious... if I decide to pick up the Augmented Edition over the Standard Edition (69.99 vs. 53.99 at Future Shop), is the bonuses it comes with (soundtrack/artbook) worth it? Also, does the Augmented Edition come with the special looking slip cover with the standard box art on the actual game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How many hours until the US unlock?

Qwomo

I am furiously scrubbing every single microscopic particle off my mouse and keyboard in preparation of 2:00 AM

nothing shall impede my experience

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
BigJiantRobut said:
no wait guys we have to go back

i forgot my wallet

LEAVE HIM BEHIND, WE CAN'T RISK IT.

I just remembered that I haven't watched any trailers for this game. Now I know what to do for the next 45 minutes. 8|

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pixel Pete said:
Too soon my Australian comrade.

If the VPN doesn't unlock it I'm banning every goddamn American on this forum, no exceptions.

It will be war.

Skirn

Qwomo said:
I can't wait to play a first person video game and not have to kill a single person!
Well,
except for bosses
, according to RockPaperShotgun's review.

U.S. release is imminent, time to bail out!

EatChildren said:
If the VPN doesn't unlock it I'm banning every goddamn American on this forum, no exceptions.

It will be war.
The great US-AUS Gaf War will go down in the history books.

And what will be ingraved in the war memorial you may ask?
I never asked for this

Jtrizzy

are most people playing with kb/m or the controller? I can't decide. Being new to PC gaming I'm not very skilled with kb/m and I bought a 360 PC controller today...

Top Bottom