• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Freki

LukeSmith said:
"This game is currently unavailable.
Please try again later."

You've been decrypted, you say you can be played.

I didn't ask for this

got the same problem - did you you use a vpn as well?

Qwomo

Arlecchino said:
What are the differences between the Anti-Aliasing options? I have no idea when it comes to that stuff.

i.e. What's the best one?
I'd like to know this as well, same with the texture stuff. It's all Greek to me.

But damnit, I forgot all my keybindings for the leak version, this is going to be a pain.

Also yeah my mouse is acting hella weird in-game.

aasoncott

aasoncott said:
... where's my Augmented Edition stuff? I don't see anything special in the folder...

Answered my own question:

To get your Augmented Edition stuff, go to View > Tools and install Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition Bonus Content.

x3sphere

Game looks amazing on PC!

b819c3151df084fafd5f0803c08ef8f8ad464b1c.jpg

504142efda6c8722fa0dfb55e9c4b246a0c483b1.jpg

Sh1ner

I like the approach they have definitely gone for especially with the clutter as that always seems to be missing in most games.

x3sphere, I take it you don't have a dx11 card? as I don't think tessellation is enabled looking at the globes hanging from the ceiling.

x3sphere said:
FXAA. Yes I have a DX11 card, HD6970.

Tesellation is enabled, doesn't seem to affect everything though.

I think it's just for the character models, problem used in the cutscenes ( not the pre-rendered ones)

Robot Pants

Yea.... this game is freezing left and right for me. I try lowering the graphics settings and it simply wont get past the first room. Good times.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Weird. I figured my rig would be beefy enough to take on all of the options but I walk into Sarif Industries and its a slide show. =( 6950 HD 2GB here, i5 2500k @ 3.33 GHz here.

SamuraiX-

Kintaro said:
Weird. I figured my rig would be beefy enough to take on all of the options but I walk into Sarif Industries and its a slide show. =( 6950 HD 2GB here, i5 2500k @ 3.33 GHz here.

Probably 2 more GB of RAM would do the trick.

Edit: Wait, do you mean your GPU is 2GB? If so, holy shit. No idea then. What is your current RAM?

Dizzy-4U

Running the game with everything maxed. Runs ultra smooth here. I don't like the AA options though. None of them do a decent job. Anyone know the Inspector flag to force it through there?

Also, soundtrack of the decade for me, easily.

Ken

Robot Pants said:
Yea slide show for me too. All I have is a gtx260 even put everything on low

Kind of glad that I went with the 360 version instead of hoping my 4670 could run it now.

WTF where is the augmented edition content? I don't know where to find it.

Also do I turn off object highlighting? I don't want that super intrusive million miles away highlight on I want it to only be highlighted when I'm closer, so I'm assuming thats a yes.

SamuraiX-

Dizzy-4U said:
Running the game with everything maxed. Runs ultra smooth here. I don't like the AA options though. None of them do a decent job. Anyone know the Inspector flag to force it through there?

Also, soundtrack of the decade for me, easily.

What setup do you have?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SamuraiX- said:
Probably 2 more GB of RAM would do the trick.

Edit: Wait, do you mean your GPU is 2GB? If so, holy shit. No idea then. What is your current RAM?

Yeah, GPU is 2 GB. I currently have 8 GB of DDR3 Ram.

The recommended specs says 2GB. So it should run fine with 4GB.The preview build ran smooth for me, roughly 60fps, some odd skipping but mostly smooth on my 570gtx.

Lolerzors

Does anyone know how to turn off the mouse smoothing or input lag or whatever is making the mouse controls feel off? I cant find any options for it and vsync is already off for me.

Nekrono

Kintaro said:
Same as the leak/preview version then, sad. I would assume the final build to be better optimized but so far from the screens it seems like it's almost the same, also it's sad to hear the awful mouse acceleration is still there.

I was holding on to impressions after release before buying this but I have to say I'm really not feeling it at all, so far it seems like it's almost the same as the preview build and I didn't feel that at all, the "not so good" PC port doesn't help either. I will keep holding and reading more impressions though, hopefully my feelings towards the game will change.

Mœbius

Oh Steam you cruel, cruel mistress. I already pre-loaded the game a few days ago, and browsing this thread, minding my own and trying to come to terms with the fact that I can't play until the 26th what do I see?...

...That little pop-up notification from Steam telling me that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is installed and ready to play.

<ffffffgffggfgffffuuuuuuggghhhyeeeeeeeeaahhhaaaaa!> :)

Brain becomes happy and dick hard, i click on it... it tells me that pre-loading is complete and it'll be ready to play when released in my region.

WTF! Apparently Steam is some kind of sadomasochistic AI Cenobite that decided to pre-load again just to fuck with me.

Cockfarmer.

Gala

Anyone from Europe, who I activated via VPN?

Do I need the VPN to be active while playing, too? Or just to activate and encrypt the files?

epmode

Discotheque said:
does anybody know where to find their augmented edition stuff? like soundtrack and the like.
In the Steam full view, click on Library at the top and filter by Tools. You should be able to install the content from there.

Not a fan of the main character's voice T.T

Also how huge the gap between textures are between main characters and randoms. Makes me feel like my video settings are shit until I see the good ones again.

epmode

Is someone going to make a PC tech thread for this game? I've already had two crashes which is exceedingly rare for me. And I don't want to clutter up this thread with that stuff.

Top Bottom