• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

x3sphere

I'm averaging 40 + FPS at 2560x1600 with a 6970 and i7 920, everything cranked.

Here's a few more shots:

9c98ee5eecdf1a4df7d6be0845a802e8dfa47499.jpg

2f4242c060e7718dff9eeb117393fb2afb1a8a9b.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about six hours in with a ZERO detection rate. Which is to say, I've had to reload a lot of saves, hah.

One detail I really appreciated: awesome basketball physics.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What a port. Everything maxed, DX11 mode, 1080p and it still runs at 60FPS. Even then, the best thing about it is the HUD. It's so refined and minimal, a nice change of pace after all the chunky 720P huds I've dealt with.

very nice

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, what's the best AA? FXAA high? Or MLAA?

Is there a way to go any higher with my 5870? I'm still seeing quite a few jaggies no matter what I set it to.

Also... mouse acceleration. BARF. Might end up using the 360 controller... pretty pathetic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Snuggler said:
What a port. Everything maxed, DX11 mode, 1080p and it still runs at 60FPS. Even then, the best thing about it is the HUD. It's so refined and minimal, a nice change of pace after all the chunky 720P huds I've dealt with.

very nice

In Nixxes we trust.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ok, I got this shit fixed. I restarted my PC, went into Steam, right clicked Dues Ex Human Revolution in my lirary and hit "Setup." It then ran the set up (installing components and shit) which it didn't do before. I'm in the game and its so fucking smooth right with everything maxed. Holy shit!

Qwomo

I think something's wonky with my FPS or FOV or mouse sensitivity or something; my eyes are killing me, it's making it really hard to play.

Hopefully I'm just tired, I think I'll pick this back up when it's not 3 AM.

Narag

Qwomo said:
I think something's wonky with my FPS or FOV or mouse sensitivity or something; my eyes are killing me, it's making it really hard to play.

Hopefully I'm just tired, I think I'll pick this back up when it's not 3 AM.

Changing the FOV from 75 to 100 helped immensely. My poor eyes stopped aching.

Freki

I dont have an executable file in my Deus Ex folder (or its subfolders for that matter) - nevertheless checking the integrity say everything is fine...

...but trying to play gives me:
"This game is currently unavailable.Please try again later."

Ken

Got a question for people hours in. Non-story spoiler.

Is there an augmentation that let's me recharge more than 1 energy cells automatically, without the use of nutrient items?

Salsa

stayed awake in case GamersGate decided to release the steam key so AT LEAST i could leave the thing downloading to play tomorrow morning.. but not even that, stayed awake till 5am for nothing.

I wish you all the most painful of deaths, goodnight.

NBtoaster

angular graphics said:
SSAO is still broken most of the time, like in the leak? On the console versions Meg casts a strong shadow on the wall..

http://i.imgur.com/gd1CL.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

The shot you quoted shows strong AO under the wires and in every corner. She's just not close enough to the wall for it to form.

Qwomo

SalsaShark said:
stayed awake in case GamersGate decided to release the steam key so AT LEAST i could leave the thing downloading to play tomorrow morning.. but not even that, stayed awake till 5am for nothing.

I wish you all the most painful of deaths, goodnight.
h... have you contacted their support email thinger?

I love how clean and sharp everything is - from the HUD, to the environments themselves. It's kind of like a throwback (maybe?) and completely refreshing.

I love the "pop, pop, pop" soundtrack :D

Loved the music walking into Sharif's office. Unfortunately, there were bizarre afterimages for every object and person, which were really distracting. Fixed it by screwing around with the screen resolution. I'm glad you guys posted some screenshots, it was hard to look at the environment until I fixed the problem.

Not a huge fan of Sarif yelling in my ear to get a move on, since I like to take my time and look around.. urgent situation or not! :p

I'm going to try to go as non-lethal as I can. Let's see how well it turns out for me.

Goddamnit. Decrypting complete. I am four hours deep in DX: GOTY. So tempting to make the jump.

One thing will justify the jump: Is the main storyline related as in is this a true sequel with continued story or a spinoff like the game that shouldn't be named.

Echoplx

shagg_187 said:
Goddamnit. Decrypting complete. I am four hours deep in DX: GOTY. So tempting to make the jump.

One thing will justify the jump: Is the main storyline related as in is this a true sequel with continued story or a spinoff like the game that shouldn't be named.

It's a prequel lol..

Fjordson

Already really fun. Love the music and atmosphere. 360 version actually looks pretty nice.

Like someone else said (I think EatChildren), the art style absolutely delivers. Good stuff.

red731

shagg_187 said:
Wait... if it's a prequel, why is the tech so "futuristic" compared to DX: GOTY? One question will lead to another, Shagg. FUCK IT!

*starts the game*

it was earlier and the augumentations are mechanical, more visible as opposed to nano augumentation.

Daeda

shagg_187 said:
Wait... if it's a prequel, why is the tech so "futuristic" compared to DX: GOTY? One question will lead to another, Shagg. FUCK IT!

*starts the game*

They didnt have huge TVs in Deus Ex either.. technology moves on faster than sci fi can imagine.

Top Bottom