• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Gala said:
Anyone from Europe, who I activated via VPN?

Do I need the VPN to be active while playing, too? Or just to activate and encrypt the files?

Download, activate/decrypt. Launch game once. Start in offline mode. Dont come back online for a few days.

StoppedInTracks said:
Game looks amazing but where are the SHADOWS?!?

Settings > Advance Settings > Shadows > Off/Normal/Soft. Pick Normal? Changing settings is the FIRST thing I did. Will see where the shadows are.

(Unless.... PS3?)

Last question before I start. What difficulty to pick? D:

SLV

Dunno bout rest of EuroGAf but i bit the bullet and activated it through a VPN :p Completing installation now.

And im playing !

So these shots in this thread and others I've seen basically confirm the game is still ugly. Oh well! At least now I know and won't be disappointed when I play it for myself.

God Friday seems so far away. At least a few podcasts will be talking about it before then, but I'm going to have to be careful to not have things spoiled.

I might bail out of this thread until then, actually...

Dizzy-4U said:
Killing people in the prologue can be avoided? I think I'm gonna have to restart if I'm doing a no-killing run.

LOL. Here's my first run on DX: GOTY.

"Hmm... I don't want to kill. I'm a fucking Robocop. *picks a tranquilizer, and gets all the upgrades for tech instead of weapons*

One hour later: "EVERYONE IS DEAD! GOOD WORK DENTON... oh and Stop snooping around the ladies washroom... it's embarrassing."

LordK

Robot Pants said:
Yea slide show for me too. All I have is a gtx260 even put everything on low

Yeah it randomly just stalls here and there for me. I have 260 as well with a q6600. The frame rate is really bad overall though. Pretty disappointing.

SLV said:
Dunno bout rest of EuroGAf but i bit the bullet and activated it through a VPN :p Completing installation now.

And im playing !

Is it safe to do so? and if you have to play offline how will your save files sync to the cloud service?

K701

Banned
Maybe it's because it's late and I'm half asleep but this game is pretty fucking hard. For being non augmented people, the first few enemies sure have good hearing & eyesight.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Its annoying that SSAO still seems to be broken. You can spot it here and there but it looks nowhere near as strong as much of the footage shown.

Meh. Game is awesome as fuck.

SLV

flipswitch said:
Is it safe to do so? and if you have to play offline how will your save files sync to the cloud service?

People have done it before, and i actually bought it in Europe and it was already activated in Europe, and i dont really care for sync of the savegames, my pc aint a trainwreck.

Anyway im actually very nicely suprised, the press release was giving me issues with the framerate and various jaggies periodicaly, this goes at 60 fps on maxed settings, 1080p.

So MLAA is the aliasing of choice then ?

derFeef

SLV said:
People have done it before, and i actually bought it in Europe and it was already activated in Europe, and i dont really care for sync of the savegames, my pc aint a trainwreck.

Anyway im actually very nicely suprised, the press release was giving me issues with the framerate and various jaggies periodicaly, this goes at 60 fps on maxed settings, 1080p.

So MLAA is the aliasing of choice then ?
Huh? It does not matter where you buy it, it depends on your Steam client. And I would not risk this, really.

SLV

Truant said:
Anyone who also played the leak noticing any differences?

As i noticed its much smoother and a lot better optimized than the leak was. Looking flawless although i wish the aliasing was better somewhat.

Game crashes 100% of the time at the very beginning, as soon as the other scientist dude runs up after going down the elevator. 8 times in a row now.

Such bullshit. Fuck whoever handled the PC version.

Zel3

omg he knew i went into the ladies bathroom haha

What do you guys think of the soundtrack so far? In my opinion its really good, best game soundtrack I've heard all year.

Thought I haven't played the full version, I am not feeling so confident on how this game will play on Thursday with all the reports of freezing, steam issues, etc.

Durante

Skel1ingt0n said:
Also... mouse acceleration. BARF.
Can anyone confirm? Any ini settings to defeat it? Shit sucks.

Also, only postprocessing AA sucks as well. They have a DirectX11 renderer, why not implement real AA?

Robot Pants

Ok I'm starting to get pretty angry.
Nothing is working for me. I verified the game cache, and it redownloaded some 12 mb file which apparently was the Direct X setup, which it installed the first time. So it did that again, and I'm still crashing.
These are my specs, wtf settings can I run this fucking game on?

i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
6 gig Ram
GTX 260
Staples Mouse Pad

I really feel I should be able to run it on these settings but apprently I can't:
309n5l0.jpg

On 1920x1080 resolution and even tried 1280x720. Neither one works.

If I can run The Witcher 2 on some pretty high specs, I should be able to run this piece of shit.

lol ladies washroom reference. God-damn the prologue had me sold on the story and soundtrack already. Really good stuff.

I know everybody is saying voice acting is a huge improvement and it is for the most part. But damn Adam Jensen is no better than JC Denton lol. He was pretty ridiculous in the chopper ride on the first mission.

I'm not noticing any mouse acceleration.. it's just really sensitive by default.

It's running well on my rig..

i7 920 @ 3.64Ghz
6GB ram
Radeon HD6970 2GB
No Mouse Pad

I'm still on the first mission.. no freezes or crashes. Running and looking much better than the leak as well.

Steam forums are blowing up with people having crashing problems too. I'm so sick of companies fucking this shit up. No wonder more gamers are turning to their consoles.

So glad I stayed up for this.

Are the PC load times any better than the preview build which were pretty long?.I've seen footage of the x360 version and they ain't any better.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So people aren't getting 1200 fps like some people thought :p?

Anyone on SLI?

Ken

Ferrio said:
Load times for save games are HORRRIBLE for me. Makes restarting a pain in the butt, and there's a lot of restarting!

360? Load times for me on the 360 is definitely one of my biggest gripes about the game. There was a part of the game early on where I was hacking and some guy runs up to me and shoots me in the face with a shotgun. The game decided to have the last save set at a second before he shoots me. Died about 3 times and had to sit through a good couple minutes of the loading screen before I could mash B and take him out.

iavi

flipswitch said:
Are the PC load times any better than the preview build which were pretty long?.I've seen footage of the x360 version and they ain't any better.

Not really, which makes dying repeatedly on 'Give me a Deus Ex' a huge pain in the ass. My only complaint so far.

Zel3

i7 920 @ 3.7Ghz
GTX 470
6GB of ram

Maxed out at 1080p with 60fps.

No problems here, I did have to turn down the mouse sensitivity to 3 but that's because I already have a really high DPI on my mouse. Hopefully you guys can get the game working, it's been amazing so far.

lol ladies washroom reference.

I was embarrassed when he brought that up. :p

Barakov

The game is utterly fantastic. The game froze on me
during the mission at the warehouse.
Only once in an hour or so of playing so I guess I'm pretty lucky considering some people can't even the get the game to start.

The load times are pretty terrible. I've done my fair share of loading saves in the small amount of time I've been playing. Better get used to it, I guess. Seems like the only blemish thus far in the experience.

Micerider

Any feedback on Gamepad play on PC?

I have all intents to start with the 360 pad, with the PC hooked up on TV.

ggrrr, 26/08/11 is not here yet (No, VPN will not pass, I can wait still).

Top Bottom