• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Rymuth

Finished - got my pacifist trophy. Real shame about the one city hub (went into a blackout about this game so if this was known beforehand, I was unaware)

Some thoughts
* Disappointing story but I guess it suffers from being too preoccupied with setting up the next game.

* The side characters are awful.

* Really hated Chikane, that bigoted motherfucker. I broke into his place and stole EVERYTHING that hadn't been bolted down.

* Body language and physical cues during conversations were hilarious, really took out some of the drama

* The psychiatrist's face was poorly constructed. She had a really creepy grin on her face so when *that* twist came, I just responded with a 'meh'

Had fun, really hope they don't take too long with the next entry. Bring back Farida and the folks at Sarif co.

shiba5

I'm at a boss fight - the only in the game I presume (first playthrough, feels near the end).

I've really enjoyed this game but this boss fight is bollocks.

If you find a certain item you don't need to fight him at all.
And he's super easy if you do:
Throw an EMP mine or grenade at him, go invis, takedown.

Window

The ending is definitely very abrupt.
The cut from the conversation with Brown to the end cutscene feels so jarring. Almost felt like a cut midway through a sentence.

d00d3n

Why are all NPCs in TF29 headquarters saying that the station was "attacked" a second time by an augmented agent and blaming me for it? How can it be my fault that all those police officers slept on the job, lost their gear and woke up neatly stacked in vents? No alarms went off, no red alert states and concussive memory loss should have taken care of the rest.

Immersive sim DX has failed me ... :(

Window

^^
It's a noted bug. If you did a non-lethal playthrough of the station you shouldn't be receiving those responses (or news articles).

Zukuu

Banned
Is there somewhere a COMPLETE LIST of all codes? All I see online is the same uncomplete list copy and pasted over and over again. e.g. Apartment 32 right at the start. Can't find the password at all.

d00d3n

^^
It's a noted bug. If you did a non-lethal playthrough of the station you shouldn't be receiving those responses (or news articles).

Lol, yeah, I thought so. I even check the vital signs of the bodies I place in vents to make sure that no one has been squeezed to death! That can actually happen, so it is important to save a lot when you are attempting the vent stack.

If you need a hint if you are stuck:

eat some biogel. wait until his titan armor is down. cloak get close. emp him with shotgun/pistol etc. melee him right after. Finish!

This is a little embarrassing but I've played through the game to this point and I have no idea what biogel is!

No EMP gear on me either - is there any hidden in the vicinity?

It's weird to find stuff and realize you might be one of the only people online to ask about it because of the disappointing lack of buzz around the game.

(again on NG+ so spoilers)

-Cassian Valente and her Home AI (in an apartment across from Palisade Bank), which she programmed herself and is hinted to be self aware but otherwise does nothing. Her computer profile picture is a unique face with studs of some kind, but I've never seen or heard of her otherwise.
-Oleg Drago, has a unique glass walled penthouse apartment filled with painkillers situated above Palisade Station, behind his TV is a compartment with a "Palisade datastick" with VIP information that I never found a use for.
-The option to turn off the security on Level 3 of the bank by impersonating Daniel Janecek in a conversation with security using his computer. You need his employee ID number to authorize it; if you force it, the guards will get suspicious and tell you to wait in his office while they come investigate. I have no idea where to find his ID.
-Saving the sewer people from the drones, Paulina mentions the "one good cop" Romero. You can find his apartment with a story item next to his corpse: a bullet casing like the kind used by the Prague police, with a visible fingerprint on the bottom where it was loaded. Between that and the warning on his computer (which you have to activate with a breaker) about helping the refugees, I'd expect that to come up later with an investigation into the fingerprint.

It's so hard to tell if these are just little vignettes or window dressing that don't go anywhere, or if there's some later game side content that requires you to have found these first, or if they tie into future Jensen's Stories, or what.

^^

Same thing happened to me, hope they fix it when I get to NG+.

I like that there are two mission choices with either
saving the girl bomb maker or rushing to VersaLife and pulling out the data they have stored on their servers.
I guess this will affect the ending which one you pick or can you do both?

Window

I've been curious for a while about what JC Denton thinks of this game.

Same thing happened to me, hope they fix it when I get to NG+.

I like that there are two mission choices with either
saving the girl bomb maker or rushing to VersaLife and pulling out the data they have stored on their servers.
I guess this will affect the ending which one you pick or can you do both?
You can only pick one and it affects the ending and how you can play through it

benzopil

I try to get the "No alarm" trophy but can't because... (end game spoilers)

alarm triggers for me every single time I choose delegates or Marchenko and leave the room with Miller. Maybe that's because of one killed guard who had a keycard? Should I kill/knock out every single one of them? Then regular NPCs will notice bodies for sure...

I'm having trouble get a side quest to pop up.

It's the one where you go back to your Aug Doctor buddy to upgrade Adam....

How do I make it happen? I've returned to Prague after Golem City.

Quick question, is it true that you can only do Mission 11 or 12, and not both? They asked for a choice, but I wasn't clear if the game truly rules anything out.

I'm curious, too. I keep waiting for the damn call.

SM8 continues after you've finished either M11 or M12.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
-The option to turn off the security on Level 3 of the bank by impersonating Daniel Janecek in a conversation with security using his computer. You need his employee ID number to authorize it; if you force it, the guards will get suspicious and tell you to wait in his office while they come investigate. I have no idea where to find his ID.

I ran into this as well when exploring
the bank for the Samizdat/K Sidequest
. I wondered if it was possible to have successfully done that by having something I hadn't found. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who saw/tried it.

There are tons of cool side stories going on between various NPCs in the world. Would have been cool if more of them showed up as POIs or something.

which cop

The one who gives you a hard time after you get off the train there for the first time, when you have to present your PAPERS, PLEASE! Most of the other cops are, at least, cowed into submission (if not outright impressed) but this jackass gave me some lip. No ragrets.

Also, pro-tip, do not steal from the back of police vans if you're not prepared for a lengthy search and/or gunfight! Even if you do turn of the alarms.

Got a grenade launcher out of it tho.

It's weird to find stuff and realize you might be one of the only people online to ask about it because of the disappointing lack of buzz around the game.

-Cassian Valente and her Home AI (in an apartment across from Palisade Bank), which she programmed herself and is hinted to be self aware but otherwise does nothing. Her computer profile picture is a unique face with studs of some kind, but I've never seen or heard of her otherwise.
-Oleg Drago, has a unique glass walled penthouse apartment filled with painkillers situated above Palisade Station, behind his TV is a compartment with a "Palisade datastick" with VIP information that I never found a use for.
-Saving the sewer people from the drones, Paulina mentions the "one good cop" Romero. You can find his apartment with a story item next to his corpse: a bullet casing like the kind used by the Prague police, with a visible fingerprint on the bottom where it was loaded. Between that and the warning on his computer (which you have to activate with a breaker) about helping the refugees, I'd expect that to come up later with an investigation into the fingerprint.

It's so hard to tell if these are just little vignettes or window dressing that don't go anywhere, or if there's some later game side content that requires you to have found these first, or if they tie into future Jensen's Stories, or what.

I actually did find the
Janaceck ID
. I think it's in the 3rd floor security office?

mbpm1

The one who gives you a hard time after you get off the train there for the first time, when you have to present your PAPERS, PLEASE! Most of the other cops are, at least, cowed into submission (if not outright impressed) but this jackass gave me some lip. No ragrets.

Oh lol. I think I ran into cops who gave me lip either way. And of course, all the civilians on the street who are all like "fuck u aug" as you walk past them.

Got kind of tiring, which was the point I suppose.

d00d3n

Also, pro-tip, do not steal from the back of police vans if you're not prepared for a lengthy search and/or gunfight! Even if you do turn of the alarms.

Got a grenade launcher out of it tho.

Turning off the alarm and avoiding line of sight to police officers makes it quite safe to steal from police vans in my experience. I got the aforementioned grenade launcher in the first hub without any kind of fight/alarm state/warning.

Turning off the alarm and avoiding line of sight to police officers makes it quite safe to steal from police vans in my experience. I got the aforementioned grenade launcher in the first hub without any kind of fight/alarm state/warning.

I coulda sworn I was out of LoS, but I guess it must have made some noise or something (dude was RIGHT THERE) because I had every cop in the red district on me for like 15 minutes.

Oh lol. I think I ran into cops who gave me lip either way. And of course, all the civilians on the street who are all like "fuck u aug" as you walk past them.

Got kind of tiring, which was the point I suppose.

Oh yeah, random citizens (and cops) on the street is one thing, I wouldn't even have the patience for those, but green station dude stuck out to me because it was the only PAPERS, PLEASE one that didn't end with at least subservience.

Sadist

I'm just taking my time to explore the game and enjoying it. Just a few observations;

- While finding a way into several heavy guarded area's I can't help but laugh about the easy access points at times. When you reach Golem City's Police Station in the Narrows there's this cop being all "oh you can't come in, this is super secret. Shoo!" standing in front of the entrance. But you take a few steps to the right, move away a crate and you can just crawl through a hole in the fence. Entered the station. It happened a few times already and I don't know, it's a bit on the nose? I know, videogames man, but I would guess a police station in 2029 has some better security hehe.

- Jensen is super powerful and all, but still small jumps or a little tumble down the sewer can easily kill an aug? Tsss.

- Hacking became more difficult, right? Not that I mind, but I remember hacking (especially with all stats maxxed out) in HR being easier and you'd receive more rewards. Hacking in MD with all stats upgraded feels like a challenge at times.

- I love cloaking. Went through several areas already getting the Ghost bonus.

- Sidequests are meatier and more fun in MD. Sidemission 9 was pretty fun, especially I when I found a great and quick way to get in and out.

shiba5

That ID is in a room with one guard and a center island on the same floor as his office. There's a vent that leads to it.

- Hacking became more difficult, right? Not that I mind, but I remember hacking (especially with all stats maxxed out) in HR being easier and you'd receive more rewards. Hacking in MD with all stats upgraded feels like a challenge at times.

I think so too. While the stats look the same I suspect that HR heavily cheated in the player's favor. I trigger alerts way more in MD than I did in HR (which I replayed right before MD so it's fresh in my mind).

Fledz

- While finding a way into several heavy guarded area's I can't help but laugh about the easy access points at times. When you reach Golem City's Police Station in the Narrows there's this cop being all "oh you can't come in, this is super secret. Shoo!" standing in front of the entrance. But you take a few steps to the right, move away a crate and you can just crawl through a hole in the fence. Entered the station. It happened a few times already and I don't know, it's a bit on the nose? I know, videogames man, but I would guess a police station in 2029 has some better security hehe.

Amen. This annoys me as well. There's absolutely no challenge to finding alternative paths, which ruins the experience a bit.

Yes Hacking is much more difficult without the use of the consumables. I'm glad. They also added XP rewards for using codes on keypads and as far as I can tell, it rewards you for cracking data vaults with XP instead of software like in HR, so that's a BIG improvement, meaning you no longer just hack things you already have the codes to just for the XP and rewards.

I'm really liking this after tucking into it more. I prefer it to Human Revolution already anyway, though I couldn't exactly say why other than I feel like less of a busybody just running errands, even if I am for the most part. Maybe it's the quest design? I dunno, but Jensen feels like he has a greater sense of agency in this.

The one thing holding me back though is the gameplay. Don't get me wrong, it's solid. I just want to play the stealth route and I'm having a VERY hard time with it, often having to resort to violence in the last stretches or during my escape. It was a struggle I had in HR too, but it's exacerbated a bit more here due to the environments being a bit larger, though I could just be remembering poorly. If anyone has any tips to help in the non-violent/stealth path would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'm missing something, but not an ability, rather a fault of my own. I am trying to find the best paths, but usually only discover them after arriving at the destination.

Stoze

Yes Hacking is much more difficult without the use of the consumables. I'm glad. They also added XP rewards for using codes on keypads and as far as I can tell, it rewards you for cracking data vaults with XP instead of software like in HR, so that's a BIG improvement, meaning you no longer just hack things you already have the codes to just for the XP and rewards.

Yep, best improvement for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see 100xp pop-up when I opened something with a password instead of hacking. Throw in the multi-tools and the hacking vs. non-hacking solutions are way more balanced in this game in terms of reward and how you build Jensen.

I'm still gonna put points to get it to lvl 5 though.

Parsnip

Heya folks.

Can I find the tranquilizer rifle somewhere in the game? I made the choice for short range in the prologue and I'm starting to wonder if that was the only place to get that damn gun now.

Dec

Heya folks.

Can I find the tranquilizer rifle somewhere in the game? I made the choice for short range in the prologue and I'm starting to wonder if that was the only place to get that damn gun now.

You definitely can but I can't recall where any are specifically.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Heya folks.

Yeah it is in a room you access through a window when you're making your way up those big lifts in Golem city. I posted a pic of it earlier in the thread

ayzzXa5.jpg

This is the earliest I spotted it, it's in a locker in this room.

Parsnip

You definitely can but I can't recall where any are specifically.

Yeah it is in a room you access through a window when you're making your way up those big lifts in Golem city. I posted a pic of it earlier in the thread

This is the earliest I spotted it, it's in a locker in this room.

Okay sweet, I'm just on my way to Golem City so good thing I asked before and not after.
Thanks!

Stoze

Heya folks.

I think you can get a sniper, Tranq rifle, and stun gun early on at/around
the Time Machine. There's a stun gun behind the painting on a shelf in the trashed office before taking the elevator to Kollar. If you put a point into wall-bashing, there's a small area right next to the Time Machine with a breakable wall. I believe there's a Tranq gun and battle rifle there.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm having some trouble with the Neon Nights side quest.

I've gone to the two objectives in the second part of Prague, but
both areas have been completely empty of personnel or intel and neither objective has updated
. Is this a glitch or have I somehow screwed up the mission?
I don't know if it matters or not, but I had entered the Neon Nights club before the mission prompt

Jeffrey

Wonder how hard its to kill everyone in prague. Feel like on NG+ 'normal' should be easy as hell in 'day time prague'.

Wonder what happens storywise?

Top Bottom