• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Yeah, I meant underneath there I saw some things to hack but it was beneath the floor. How do I get there? I consider that area the Corporate vaults.

There's a big fan against a wall and the breaker is behind it. Use remote hacking or shoot the breaker.

So uhh...how do you like my multi tool mod....

What the hell is happening here. My stun gun doesnt want to leave my hand, even when holstered.

25C908C9958FC5B5F33E513A05830347CD6B2B80

Adam lost control of the Super Glue.

There's a big fan against a wall and the breaker is behind it. Use remote hacking or shoot the breaker.

Adam lost control of the Super Glue.
Seems like I'm not explaining myself properly.
Underneath the area where The Tai Yong Medical, Tarvos, and Picus vaults are there seems to be hackable keypads. I'm wondering how to get there and if it's a story area.

joebruin

These are some long ass credits. Is there anything more to see?

Lol you have to sit through that just to get that trophy to pop? 🙄😒

Ushay

Right so I finished the game and failed to get the
foxiest of the hounds
achievement because the
final fight with Marchenko
triggered an alarm.

How can I avoid that?

Regginator

These are some long ass credits. Is there anything more to see?

There's a post-credit scene that I'd encourage you to watch. After that, it'll show another long ass credit list, which you can just skip (or force exit).

Right so I finished the game and failed to get the
foxiest of the hounds
achievement because the
final fight with Marchenko
triggered an alarm.

How can I avoid that?
Disable the alarms before taking him down. The security room is in the upperleft office as you enter the area. Unless you mean the alarms were already on at the start of the fight? I can't exactly remember it any more, but I did disable all electronic stuff in there. And then just stealthy walked towards him.

joebruin

There's a post-credit scene that I'd encourage you to watch. After that, it'll show another long ass credit list, which you can just skip (or force exit).

yeah i saw that one. but its pretty silly that the credits go on after that and you don't get the trophy pop until the very end (even though the trophy is supposed to be for having watched the extra scene). didn't realize you could skip it since you couldn't skip the earlier credits. just went to do something else.

bender

What time is it?
Finished today and got the pacifistic trophy. I approached the game like I do most RPGs (stealthy thievery) and how I approach Metal Gear game (tranq everything). I get anxiety about distributing stat/ability points in games these days so I only allocated what was necessary to complete the game (Jump Mod, Leg Silencers and Micro-Assembler level 1) plus a few convenience upgrades to max inventory. I think I spent five or six points total. I know I'm playing the game wrong but it was a fun meta-game to see how many Praxis points I could stockpile (43 after the final boss). I'm fairly certain I could beat the game with only the Jump Mod and Micro-Assembler level-one upgrade but I'm not sure I'm up for another run like this. Ha!

mbpm1

Finished today and got the pacifistic trophy. I approached the game like I do most RPGs (stealthy thievery) and how I approach Metal Gear game (tranq everything). I get anxiety about distributing stat/ability points in games these days so I only allocated what was necessary to complete the game (Jump Mod, Leg Silencers and Micro-Assembler level 1) plus a few convenience upgrades to max inventory. I think I spent five or six points total. I know I'm playing the game wrong but it was a fun meta-game to see how many Praxis points I could stockpile (43 after the final boss). I'm fairly certain I could beat the game with only the Jump Mod and Micro-Assembler level-one upgrade but I'm not sure I'm up for another run like this. Ha!

There's no wrong way to play it (one guy in this thread put no points in to any augs and is doing okay). And unfortunately, a lot of the augs are superfluous as long as you have ammo, so it's also okay on that front.

bender

What time is it?
There's no wrong way to play it (one guy in this thread put no points in to any augs and is doing okay). And unfortunately, a lot of the augs are superfluous as long as you have ammo, so it's also okay on that front.

No mods would be interesting but I can't imagine not having access to relatively unlimited multi-tools. Are they just avoiding encounters all together?

Seems like I'm not explaining myself properly.
Underneath the area where The Tai Yong Medical, Tarvos, and Picus vaults are there seems to be hackable keypads. I'm wondering how to get there and if it's a story area.

It's part of a story mission. There's one final vault that you access during the story that's on a big elevator in the room beneath those other optional vaults. At the end of that mission, it goes back up the elevator and puts you in the optional vault room (which you've already found early).

It's part of a story mission. There's one final vault that you access during the story that's on a big elevator in the room beneath those other optional vaults. At the end of that mission, it goes back up the elevator and puts you in the optional vault room (which you've already found early).
Thanks. I was wondering how to get there.

Zukuu

Banned
Just finished the game, didn't get Pacifist nor Ghost despite never been seen or killing anyone. Screw this. Seriously. Edit: Just got Pacifist after the credits were FINALLY over after half an hour.

Pacing was kinda weird and the ending was very abrupt with no buildup whatsoever. Orchid is dumb too, why the secrecy about that? Why not just bomb the building or shoot them? I don't get it. The ending news was absolutely cringe. "Folks" wtf, did the dev team ever watch news?! You also have little to no closure on anything you did.

And wtf - unskippable credits... TRICE are you kidding me? Urgh...

Still, game was fun and I appreciated how much dialogue and banter there is in the game, although some "trigger" points were absolutely dumb. That elevator to TF29 was used way too often to conviently get a call... sometimes even on the way DOWN (hey it's me, come back ALL THE WAY TO YOUR APARTMENT and talk to me).

I also don't understand why the city was split apart. There is no reason for that whatsoever. It made going around very cumbersome. Speaking of "going around", why does EVERYBODY tells you something when you are even remotely in the vicinity?! I don't mean insults or anything, I mean random shit about what they do or think. That was very distracting and made the world much more unbelievable.

Akai__

And done with my 3rd playthrough. This one took a while, because I paid even more attention to the world and even found a coupple easter eggs. I also collected all of the eBooks, Breach Software and Triangle Codes. Now for watching all that sweet developer commentary.

Also, this seems about right:

And reposting my favorite moment of this run:

Where are all of the interesting weapons? HR had a stack of fun ones. Crossbow, Heavy Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Laser Rifle...none of those seem to be in MD, and there are no interesting replacements for them.

rtcn63

Where are all of the interesting weapons? HR had a stack of fun ones. Crossbow, Heavy Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Laser Rifle...none of those seem to be in MD, and there are no interesting replacements for them.

The weapons are a letdown. For stealth, the stun gun and tranq rifle are all you get (unless you count EMP bullets for mechs). For lethal, you just get more damaging versions of the vanilla weapons.

mbpm1

Nanoblades are cool. But yeah, not a lot of variety

The "rares" are (spoilers for those who may not have seen everything...)

Grenade Launcher: 4 ammo types (flash/EMP/gas/frag), can eventually find it for sale, ammo boxes are huge though)

Cote D'Azur Rifle: Combat Rifle that rapidfires EMP only

Otar's Revolver: Revolver for AP ammo only + Scope

Devastator Shotgun: AP ammo only, tons of damage

Lancer Rifle: Basically a Scoped Battle Rifle that supports a silencer, making it an AP ammo only sniper rifle

Grenade Launcher: 4 ammo types (flash/EMP/gas/frag), can eventually find it for sale, ammo boxes are huge though)

Cote D'Azur Rifle: Combat Rifle that rapidfires EMP only

Otar's Revolver: Revolver for AP ammo only + Scope

Devastator Shotgun: AP ammo only, tons of damage

Lancer Rifle: Basically a Scoped Battle Rifle that supports a silencer, making it an AP ammo only sniper rifle

I guess my problem is most of those (with the exception of the grenade launcher -- which HR also had) are just modifications on other weapons. Nothing interesting like the Plasma or Laser Rifles.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
After 22 hours I just got to Golem City.

The side quests in this game seriously take up a lot of time.

I guess my problem is most of those (with the exception of the grenade launcher -- which HR also had) are just modifications on other weapons. Nothing interesting like the Plasma or Laser Rifles.

You're not wrong, but I think they are all interesting to use if you give them a try.
The Azur for example works and sounds a lot more like a pulse rifle, just without lethal damage.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
My stun gun is stuck to my hand forever. I see it in cutscenes too. Ive tried rebooting the game, selling the stun gun, but it wont go away. is this a known bug?

I kind of miss the HR stun gun. It sucked that you had to get right up next to enemies, but it made for some fun stealthing. The stun gun in MD is just a short range pistol.

I kind of miss the HR stun gun. It sucked that you had to get right up next to enemies, but it made for some fun stealthing. The stun gun in MD is just a short range pistol.

The HR stun gun looked ugly but at least it was distinctive. Really don't like the fact that the Stun Gun and Tranquilizer Rifle are both almost identical to the 10mm Pistol and Sniper Rifle, respectively. The TR is literally a reskinned version of the sniper rifle.

Allison
or the Bank? Which should I choose?

If you're not planning on making a save and trying both, I'd recommend the bank.

Yeah I agree. Even though my first playthrough was non lethal stealth I was on the lookout for where the fun weapons were for future playthroughs, but they just don't exist. It's all variations on standard ballistic weapons and a grenade launcher. Hopefully the DLC and next entry in the series bring back the variety.

On the topic of the Bank, I just went in and slaughtered everyone.
For the conspiracy quest because I'm ass at sneaking.

What's going to happen later in the game? Do they replenish the staff?

If you're not planning on making a save and trying both, I'd recommend the bank.
I went with the bank option. NG+ will be Allison.
On the topic of the Bank, I just went in and slaughtered everyone.
For the conspiracy quest because I'm ass at sneaking.

What's going to happen later in the game? Do they replenish the staff?
If you went there during the day, the night it's reset with new patrol routes for the guards.

stn

Do knocked out enemies wake up? I ask because
I'm doing SM09 and I got to Dominik without deactivating security. And I saved right after knocking him out. But I'm trying to preserve my no alarms and no kills.

Do knocked out enemies wake up? I ask because
I'm doing SM09 and I got to Dominik without deactivating security. And I saved right after knocking him out. But I'm trying to preserve my no alarms and no kills.

Other enemies can wake up knocked out enemies if they see them. They won't wake up on their own.

Is anyone going to try a Factory Zero and/ or no knockout run? Might not be much fun without ever leveling hacking, but I assume it's possible. Feels like they really went overboard on giving you options and instead of stealth in some areas, it's more about finding the right series of vents.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's really silly that Desperate Measures was separated out of the game. It makes me fully expect another director's cut in a year or two that incorporates that and maybe the future DLC into the full campaign.

It's really silly that Desperate Measures was separated out of the game. It makes me fully expect another director's cut in a year or two that incorporates that and maybe the future DLC into the full campaign.
What's silly is that another big story DLC is coming out in two weeks..So much publisher fuckery surrounding this game.

I'm 18 hours in and just finished the last side quest, so I'm gonna go home tonight and just play through the last 3/4 story missions.

I'm really enjoying it, but man, having
the Czech Republic become a police state when you get back from Switzerland is a bad choice.

It's just not fun to sneak through these areas and puts a bit of a downer on the last two side quests I think.

Overall, though, I'm really enjoying the game.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Where can you find a Tranq Rifle?
The first one I found was in
Golem. Louis Gallois sells one, but there's also a free one hidden in a weapons locker near where you first meet Marchenko.

I felt really dumb shelling out the money for one at Louis' shop and then finding one right after.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

In my second playthrough, I was totally blown away when
I found a grenade launcher in the trunk of a van in Prague 1. It's in the courtyard near the train station and Jensen's apartment. I think in the area facing the bogus checkpoint.

Dalibor68

Banned
Just finished the game, clocked in at 24 hours but missed at least 2 side-missions and haven't done the pre-order mission yet. Absolutely amazing game.

+Beautiful, extremely crisp graphics
+great art direction, love the slow shift from HR's goldness towards the first games' Blueness
+good sound design, great voiceovers through the book
+amazing soundtrack as expected by McCann
+they improved the combat gameplay, while also slightly improving stealth gameplay
+generally the gameplay is awesome and near perfect imo, also well balanced and never feels too easy or too hard
+very cool and believeable locations that we don't see too often(central/eastern europe) with a cool vibe
+always multiple ways to achieve something
+extreme level of detail, lots of things that many will probably never uncover
+motivation aug upgrade system
+well-realized oppression/bigorty against "clanks" theme
+interesting characters and good story
+Adam jensen is still cool and I love how he has "matured" / more of his own agenda
+generally no good/bad but grey areas, sometimes you fail (like in dialogue) and thats it
+love this general vibe where you feel the transition between HR and DE1 like
the apperance and prevalence of Bob Page, Morgen Everett etc
or art direction shift

-unskippable credits (I would understand that regarding their own team, but I really don't care about square enix and other partners)
-a few very minor bugs
-game crashed on me ~5 times in the 24h
-physics didn't seem very solid, building ladders was often a hassle
-dialogue animations seemed weird / too fast a lot of times

If I had to score this game I'd give it a 92%.

My wishes for the next game would be:

~maybe 10% less vents or so and instead other ways to solve like more dialogue (options)
~
possibly more than 1 hub. then again I understand that might come at the cost of less detailed hubs, so I'm not sure. Still, would be cool
~improve the animations so dialogue seems more believable
~maybe even a bit more sidequests, then again the amount in MD felt "just right"

Nemesis_

A few quick questions while I'm away from my console

1.) What's the go with the Jensen Stories? Do they have their own separate progression systems?

2.) How long do you guys estimate Breach to take to complete? Got all the trophies/achievements for the main game and thinking of jumping in to it tonight but not sure how long I should set aside.

Top Bottom