• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Dalibor68

Banned
Spoiler about early side-missions

I seem to have somehow missed sidemissions SM01 and SM02. Was that because I pissed off Otar and thus didn't talk to him any futher/didn't get any quests from him? Please only answer with Yes or No and don't spoil anything, I'm gonna do a 2nd playthrough

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I seem to have somehow missed sidemissions SM01 and SM02. Was that because I pissed off Otar and thus didn't talk to him any futher/didn't get any quests from him? Please only answer with Yes or No and don't spoil anything, I'm gonna do a 2nd playthrough

I don't think these two side missions have anything to do with Otar. You probably missed them

nOoblet16

No

Mesharey

I don't like that you can miss side-missions, I missed no. 9 I think, where you need to do side mission 3 in a specific way.

Ducarmel

I don't mind missing missions but the way the game sets it up seems like it punishes you if you play it a certain way.

There should be alternative side missions if you decide to do things differently.

Just curious. What do you find amazing about it? Because if it's
the virtual world and hacking puzzles, there is a whole gamemode that is about that. Or is it the story/plot?

That's what I did. Some tips (ENDGAME SPOILERS):

- Don't touch any guard at all, if you don't have to.
- Use Multitools (if you have them) to bypass any door that is relevant to story and to your stealth approach.
-
Leave the area where you meet Janus through the elevator shaft. Don't go through the sewers, as that is an scripted auto-alarm.
-
Always contact Alex instead of Miller.
-
Take out all 11 guards at the party in London and hide them.
-
Take out the 3 guards in the Catering area in London.
-
Go to Marchenko first and use the Button on the 2nd Floor under the desk which unlocks a hidden door (near the Security PC and Turret) to get to the delegates without ever seeing an enemy. Bypassing the whole area to get to the delegates on the normal way.
-
When fighting Marchenko, don't let him see you after the cutscene. Go to the 2nd floor on the right side and disable all of the Security. Watch out for Mines and Lasers in that area. You can get rid of Marchenko by using the Stun Gun + Silent Takedown.

I hope you get it, as the achievement is unfortunately glitched. Will sometimes trigger alarns in areas you have left already, without telling you. The only way to tell is a music clue, which only plays when an alarm is triggered appareantly. But even then, you won't be notified on your HUD.

I may have forgotten something, so use the internet to look up even more tips.

as for that last point,
marchenko
already saw me before i used an emp on him and then headshotted him 5 times with a stun gun. i still got foxiest (and pacifist), so i don't think him seeing you is relevant for foxiest.

Considering that they have trophies attached to alarm and kill counts, why do HR and MD have such poor stat-tracking?

The app for this one didn't work when I last checked it

BadHand

Failing a hack ruins foxiest? Godamn it.

Can I start a new game+ on "I didn't ask for this" difficulty of does it have to be on the same difficulty as the original play through?

Is there a tranquilizer handgun in the game? Or a way to modify a regular handgun to shoot tranquilizer ammo?
I already have the tranq sniper, but it'd be nice to have a handgun.

Plum

Urgh, so I can't complete SM01 without killing someone.

The police officer you have to talk to to deal with the checkpoint guy is dead somehow

This is on my second trip to Prague. Is there any way to fix this or am I just completely screwed?

EDIT: Nope, bribing him just lets you pass through and doesn't complete the objective. Looks like I have to choose between ruining my pacifist run or skipping the side quest. Goddammit.

psychotron

Is there a tranquilizer handgun in the game? Or a way to modify a regular handgun to shoot tranquilizer ammo?
I already have the tranq sniper, but it'd be nice to have a handgun.

There is one. You start with it if you choose non-lethal. Otherwise they can be found in various places.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I missed the harvester side mission during my first time through the game, holy shit what a side mission.

Edit : talking about "the last harvest" to be exact.

Grisby

It's been a while now, anyone have any in-depth impression on Breach yet?
I was just going to comment on it. Tried it for the first time today after beating the campaign last night.

Got through the tutorial and a little into the first map. Think of Breach as the VR mode in Metal Gear. There are sometimes certain objectives that you have to complete (get data cubes, beat a certain enemy) and you get rewarded with credits/xp which allow you to earn praxis points and buy booster card packs.

The packs are akin to Rose of the Tomb Raider, where you can make levels harder or easier for yourself. You also get weapons and ammo stuff through them too. This is where real money comes in if you want to buy more booster packs instead of earning them.

Other than that, it's Deus Ex MD gameplay. You've got guards roaming around and such, but the levels (so far, still early) are not as expansive as the main game's areas. That's fine, because I'm having some fun trying to do the time trail sections of each level.

There are some story elements in it, and some dialogue choices though it happens like a IM computer messaging in MD.

I had a freeze though on Xbox today.

Rising_Hei

Just ended it today, i felt like the game's history ended at 70-80 % or what should have been.
DLC's probably going to fix it, tho.

Just ended it today, i felt like the game's history ended at 70-80 % or what should have been.
DLC's probably going to fix it, tho.

Meh, fix to a degree. After the Desperate Measures dlc, I have little interest. You can tell it was cut from the main game, what with how cutscenes would just end and you'd already be at the next area instead of having to go their yourself. It was pretty upsetting really. If the other dlc are like that, I'm just going to watch em on YouTube.

I don't remember a damn thing about HR other than that I did like it. Is there a recap or anything in the beginning or is the story disconnected enough that it doesn't matter?

Man stealth is so fucking tedious in
In Prague. Killing my enjoyment of this game having to sneak around the hub.

Yes. Also the constant back-and-forth between the two districts gets annoying.
"Hey Adam. I need to talk to you."
"Okay, what's the prob-"
"Not here Adam, at your apartment."

fucking Sarif

BY2K

Membero Americo
Yes. Also the constant back-and-forth between the two districts gets annoying.
"Hey Adam. I need to talk to you."
"Okay, what's the prob-"
"Not here Adam, at your apartment."

fucking Sarif

To be fair, Sarif has legit concerns of wanting to talk to Adam without using his infolink.

I kind of hate it when I'm playing stealthy and non lethal, but then a cutscene triggers where Adam just walks into a room and extends his arm blade (the arm blade I haven't used once). Not my Adam!

Rising_Hei

Meh, fix to a degree. After the Desperate Measures dlc, I have little interest. You can tell it was cut from the main game, what with how cutscenes would just end and you'd already be at the next area instead of having to go their yourself. It was pretty upsetting really. If the other dlc are like that, I'm just going to watch em on YouTube.

What a shame -

It's what i thought with this game, i think it needed even more dev time to have a proper last third... like literally 33 % more of game.

HR had its fault and there were HUBS that were cut but the experience was complete and epic, even without the dlc chunk it received later

Megasoum

Banned
Crap I just realized I missed an opportunity during SM04...

I never even met Otar, I came in from the back in the sewers and just disabled everybody in there and stole the thing

Bleh

How can I get the Tarvos vault key card? I accidentally found a way to get to the corporate vaults and that's the only vauli didn't break into yet. Sleuthing around is so fucking bad ass in this game.

Ducarmel

The police officer you have to talk to to deal with the checkpoint guy is dead somehow

This is on my second trip to Prague. Is there any way to fix this or am I just completely screwed?

EDIT: Nope, bribing him just lets you pass through and doesn't complete the objective. Looks like I have to choose between ruining my pacifist run or skipping the side quest. Goddammit.

Its a female cop you have to talk, she is somewhere left of the fake check point entrance she talks about him.

The mission does not auto fail until another trip.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

FWIW...
I ratted him out to the female officer who took her fellow cops over and opened fire on the bad cops. I still got the pacifist trophy.

Plum

Its a female cop you have to talk, she is somewhere left of the fake check point entrance she talks about him.

The mission does not auto fail until another trip.

FWIW...
I ratted him out to the female officer who took her fellow cops over and opened fire on the bad cops. I still got the pacifist trophy.

That's the issue,
she's dead. I know exactly who I need to talk to and where but there's just a body there. I just decided to forgo my pacifist run and shoot the guy in the head.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
So uhh...how do you like my multi tool mod....

What the hell is happening here. My stun gun doesnt want to leave my hand, even when holstered.

25C908C9958FC5B5F33E513A05830347CD6B2B80

Top Bottom