• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Plum

Looks like I can't get it installed on my SSD. Shame, but I can't imagine the loading times will be that bad on my WD Black HDD.

TheRed

Damn unpacking is gonna take forever again. Thinking I might delete and redownload. It says 3 days now and it's on SSD. Lol I'm gonna redownload. 64 days, it keeps going up!

Ulysses 31

Yes I don't get this either.
I mean, personally I have a fast connection, but 3 gb can be huge for other people.

Makes the whole pre-load process useless.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and maintain that pre-loading 20GB of 23GB is still more usefull than downloading 23GB at launch date and thus does not make the pre-loading useless.

Fledz

I've downloaded all 22.7GB and now it's preparing to launch for an hour, then days, now at like more than a year. What in the fuck is going on?

How long does decryption usually take? My counter is all fucked up. Has gone from 10 minutes all the way up to 2 days and then back down to 1 hour.

Plum

I've downloaded all 22.7GB and now it's preparing to launch for an hour, then days, now at like more than a year. What in the fuck is going on?

Try restarting Steam (along with going into your Task Manager and ending all of its processes). This has happened to me before and is one of the reasons I don't pre-load anymore.

sirap

So you don't need to download the other 20-30gbs anymore?

There's basically two camps:

1) People with super fast internet who can download the full game within an hour.

2) Shit outta luck folks like me with 4mbps down. Preload started last week, giving us plenty of time to download the game on our slow ass connection. Even I managed to finish it 2 days ago. They should've allowed us to download the remaining 3gbs while we waited for the game to unlock at this ungodly hour.

Fuck the Steam Preload. What bullshit is this???

CqjmY0XWgAQNSTw.jpg

Sanctuary

Apparently I'd completely forgotten every element of the HR story.

Loving the game so far: like the previous game, it's an RPG that manages to somehow scratch the MGS/Splinter Cell itch.

Apparently this will also touch some Mass Effect elements too combat wise.

Nugg

Yep, 3 Gb update pretty much means no Deus Ex for me tonight. Had the evening nicely cleared out too. The slow ass internet struggle is real, guys.

deoee

I'm gonna go out on a limb and maintain that pre-loading 20GB of 23GB is still more usefull than downloading 23GB at launch date and thus does not make the pre-loading useless.

Still some people won't be able to play today, despite the week long pre-load.
Why not make it available earlier?
Just kills the puprose of downloading early for many people.

Floody

I've replayed HR Director's Cut during the last few months and some indirect enemy deaths didn't count as "kills". Setting a robot for self destruct causing an enemy to die didn't. Hacking a turret and enabling "friendly fire" most certainly did.

Oh, didn't know that, I just remember a big object falling and killing someone for me, and that making my pacifist run not count, so just assumed everything would count as killing then.

Brockxz

OK, I think it is better for me just wait for release and donwload it. I have 400mb/s dl speed, it will be faster than that unpacking process.

Plum

I don't have space on my SSD, so I put it on my WD10EZEX. Should be OK.

Yeah, and in a long RPG like this I don't mind loading that much. Should really get myself a 500gb SSD for games like this then keep all the games I have installed but don't play that often on my Mass Storage one.

Top Bottom