• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Hey, if you're getting the "Hold <button> to unmark" bug, one solution is to buy the Lidar Mark-Tracker aug. Should make it go away.

Kind of sucks if you didn't want to use that aug, but oh well.

Mawlok

I've never understood why some games use the DS4's quiet speaker, especially for things like in game calls and things like that where you kinda need to hear to understand whats going on.

renzollo

Banned
The plodding sprint speed combined with the overly exaggerated arm swing animations early in the game produces an effect I find quite comical.

Kyoufu

I've never understood why some games use the DS4's quiet speaker, especially for things like in game calls and things like that where you kinda need to hear to understand whats going on.

You can turn the speaker volume up, or just disable it.

d00d3n

Anyone else getting stuck on the stealth tutorial?
After the three first enemies, you can open a locked gate and destroy a wall leading to an empty elevator shaft. After Icarus falling to the bottom a stealth tutorial starts. The first step is activating the silent running aug. After that, you are still stuck in the bottom of the shaft, though. What am I missing?

katkombat

Banned
After the three first enemies, you can open a locked gate and destroy a wall leading to an empty elevator shaft. After Icarus falling to the bottom a stealth tutorial starts. The first step is activating the silent running aug. After that, you are still stuck in the bottom of the shaft, though. What am I missing?

Hatch on the "floor," no?

kcp12304

Banned

Look down. In the middle should be a shaft. Hit E (or whatever console button). Took me a bit to figure out.

Paches

Dear Square Enix: if you're going to follow a giant gunfight where you have a shitty pistol against multiple armed enemies in a fucking sandstorm with TWO lengthy video clips and an in-engine cutscene, maybe think about inserting an autosave somewhere so that when the game crashes at the end(?) of that cutscene, I don't have to repeat the last twenty minutes or whatever of the game, starting with that shitty gunfight. Christ.

I went to the left. I only had to take down two guys using the knocking them out to not kill. I got to the Helicopter in about 30 seconds. Lift the hood and pull the battery out. You get the achievement for saving Tsing [

Finally got by this on the 6th or so try with the following modifications:

-Windowed mode
-Medium pre-set settings (tried low, but still crashed on low for me)
-Unchecked DLC from Steam selection
-Subtitles off

Probably random, maybe some of that shit has no effect, but that is what got me through.

Stepped out of my apartment, went full LoZ on some poor folks' homes, walked into the streets of Prague and got hit with Open World Game Anxiety like a motherfucker. Stopping there for the night, will attempt to poke around some in the morning.

Game really does end sharply, though it's clear the story was made with the next game in mind and since I now can't wait for the next game I guess it did a good job!

Game is great :D

DukeBobby

(early sidequest spoilers)

Is there any way to deal with the corrupt checkpoint officer other than letting the police kill him? I tried knocking him out but that didn't seem to work.

rtcn63

It's so weird to me that Adam requires energy to subdue enemies while stealthing. Like he doesn't necessarily need to bionic punch them, just a quick rear naked choke would do.

And yeah, there's just so much stuff to pick up. I don't even know what half of it does. Even then, things are hidden between all the useless crap. When am I gonna throw anything that isn't heavy or explosive?

Kyoufu

(early sidequest spoilers)

Is there any way to deal with the corrupt checkpoint officer other than letting the police kill him? I tried knocking him out but that didn't seem to work.

It's either you who kills him or the police. For those on non-lethal playthroughs, the police would be the way to go and for those who are rambo, they can do it themselves. That's it.

I'm running around Prague after the tutorial mission and this is amazing. They really worked hard to address the criticisms of Human Revolution. It's so much more, well, like Deus Ex.

Kyoufu

It's so weird to me that Adam requires energy to subdue enemies while stealthing. Like he doesn't necessarily need to bionic punch them, just a quick rear naked choke would do.

And yeah, there's just so much crap to pick up. I don't even know what half this stuff does.

Takedowns taking off so much energy is such bullshit. :(

Moff

Going pacifist is piss easy, all you need to finish to not use any of the lethal stuff and you'll get it. It's ghosting which is difficult and for which you need a tracker. The game has way too many options for this.

is there another ghosting achievement than "ghost"? because that's only for one mission

for the whole game the only one is the no alarms one, right? and that's easy as well.

DukeBobby

It's either you who kills him or the police. For those on non-lethal playthroughs, the police would be the way to go and for those who are rambo, they can do it themselves. That's it.

Thanks.

I wish there was a solution that didn't require so much bloodshed. Oh well, the guy deserves it anyway.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The shitty mouse acceleration is making me inclined to actually go with a controller for this game, something I don't normally do with FPSs.

DukeBobby

Man, I'm no longer complaining about there only being one hub in this game.

There's more shit to do than in Detroit and Hengsha combined.

malfcn

Christ.

I've had the game for a whole afternoon..and it thinks I've played for 5-6 hours. But I've literally done nothing. I have crawled around in sewers, met Richard and that's about it. Still need to go to Koller.

I wish I didn't have to examine every pixel of the world.

Is there any sort of punishment for waiting to long to go see Miller after the tutorial? I kind of want to do a bunch of exploring and start/finish the three sidequests I have first. He's called a couple of times, though, so wondering if it's similar to the hostage situation in Human Revolution.

spyder_ur

Really enjoying the game, though I'm just a couple hours into exploring Prague.

That being said:
-The mapping/navigation is absolute garbage
-The inventory system is dumb as well. I hate it when games make me manage my inventory to the game's detriment. Is there an upgrade I'm missing?

Really enjoying the game, though I'm just a couple hours into exploring Prague.

That being said:
-The mapping/navigation is absolute garbage
-The inventory system is dumb as well. I hate it when games make me manage my inventory to the game's detriment. Is there an upgrade I'm missing?

Turn on auto sort, if it's not already on, in the settings. Never had to move things around.

Also, there is a storage wall in Jensen's apartment. Use his apartment computer.

ebevan91

Same, that was probably my favorite Spongebob episode, well other than Band Geeks.

Band Geeks and Chocolate with Nuts are my 2 favorites.

Anyways back on topic. I need to learn to manage ammo better. Accidentally alerted a group of guys and had no stun gun ammo left. All the ammo I had in my inventory was for weapons I didn't even have on me.

Yeah, it's really weird that they decided to do that again. Going from, like, a 720p cutscene to 1440p in game is super jarring.

The way they blend the pre-rendered cutscenes is crazy too, like the game will cut from in-engine to 10 seconds of CGI back to in-engine for 30 seconds and then 5 more seconds of CGI. They were really creative with budget control in this game.

The game looks just incredible in 4K though, so much so that I can only tell the difference between in-engine and CGI cutscenes by the improved pre-rendered lighting and AA.

Yeah, it's really weird that they decided to do that again. Going from, like, a 720p cutscene to 1440p in game is super jarring.

I'm also at 1440p so I hear you.

It's not even just the resolution being low. The texture quality and details just look worse in the cutscenes. Very weird.

CHC

Retired for the night after about 7-8 hours. Just reached the TF29 HQ. This game is so, so DENSE. It really feels almost like a realization of Warren Spector's notorious "city block" concept, just packed with little details to discover and routes to follow.

So far I'm loving it. I'm definitely more intrigued by the central mystery than I was with Human Revolution also, but based on the comments about the story in a lot of reviews, I'm not expecting anything that amazing in terms of conclusions.

CrocoDuck

Sorry if this has been talked about in this topic but damn my ps4 goes on like a jet when I played earlier today :/

My ps4 crashed a bit afterwords but I think that's because I reloaded my save constantly after not getting through a segment ghosting.

Loving the game thus far but man, it's a bummer how much worse the pre-rendered cutscenes look compared to the actual game. Yeesh!

This again? I remember in HR how incredibly jarred it was coming from crisp gameplay to these super blurry, pre-rendered scenes with artifacts and compression out the wazzoo

Game is awesome. Runs great on my new GTX 1060. Only going for 1080p, but doing mostly ultra/very high and it's boss as all hell. Game is awesome too.

My only question is...is this Mitt Romney?

WtGFNjQ.jpg

Clearly I wasn't the only one who thought this:

http://n4g.com/news/1949136/important-question-is-mitt-romney-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/4z82h7/is_this_a_photoshopped_mitt_romney_in_the_game/

Couldn't reach a ledge because I don't have the jumping augment.

Stacked up some barrels so I could reach it.

Snuck around ledges, dropped down behind a drug dealer, punched him in the face, then stole all his credits and drugs.

Yep, this is Deus Ex.

DeaDPo0L84

Might be a dumb question, I literally just started the game and am sitting in the spot where you first take control. Taking my time in learning everything but im confused on these Elite Weapons I got from storage. I dont remember it being mentioned as a pre order bonus or whatever and does anyone have an opinion on how they are in game?

nOoblet16

is there another ghosting achievement than "ghost"? because that's only for one mission

for the whole game the only one is the no alarms one, right? and that's easy as well.
For the whole game it's "finish without being seen"...which is what ghost is. You are free to kill as long as you yourself don't get noticed (meaning you don't get the hostile sign under the radar)

nOoblet16

Retired for the night after about 7-8 hours. Just reached the TF29 HQ. This game is so, so DENSE. It really feels almost like a realization of Warren Spector's notorious "city block" concept, just packed with little details to discover and routes to follow.

So far I'm loving it. I'm definitely more intrigued by the central mystery than I was with Human Revolution also, but based on the comments about the story in a lot of reviews, I'm not expecting anything that amazing in terms of conclusions.
It's incredibly dense. It took me 23 hours to finish the game and I still spent about several hours today just trying to get to all the places the first time you get to Prague. There are still many areas In haven't even gone to yet but I know I can because the game gives me things that I can use in those areas (codes etc)...so trying to figure out all of that.

PlusnInsoent a lot of time going to apartments that the game will send me later in the game just sonIncould try to finish the objectives before I am even told about them. It's like playing the game in reverse gear.

Timeaisis

OK, well played for a couple hours. It was...OK? The first mission was pretty meh. I just got to Prague and there's already too many things to do but I don't have any augs, which is dumb, because I want to explore but I'm not allowed to. Stupid.

Game feels clunky as hell. Also, I already have begun to regret my decision to start with the Tranq Rifle. Should've gone with Stun gun. Oh well.

Hoping the game picks up soon.

Top Bottom