• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Alias03

You did get your season pass content. You should have 5 praxis packs to redeem in-game and some currency/guns.

You have what I and everyone else has.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here.

No maybe im missunderstanding too... for some reason I thought I got some Day one Digital stuff that im not seeing. Like the soundtrack/ short story

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When does the pre order mission appear in the game? It's taking 3 hours to download, is it possible I'll miss it if I just finished the tutorial?

I'm sure it's already been seen and stated, but did anyone else notice
Ivan Berk
at the train station when you first get to Prague?

I absolutely love that they didn't blatantly pointed him out.

Loving the game so far, but only got to play for an hour or so before heading to work.

If he's the bomber from the reveal trailer, yeah I noticed him.

Speaking of that, wonder why it got changed from a bus to a train.

I can't be the only one that found this to be similar

CqlkljwUkAAdFiB.jpg:large

Cqlkl_nVUAEOIYx.jpg:large

malfcn

How are players tracking first runs?

Ghost / non lethal
Lethal all the way
Fuck it, whatever happens

With ng+ do upgrades carry, possible to unlock everything?

Acorn

No maybe im missunderstanding too... for some reason I thought I got some Day one Digital stuff that im not seeing. Like the soundtrack/ short story
That's a download on the website. Go to your products on squeenix's site then hit deus ex mk and the dl link is there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm tempted to put my first praxis points into hacking so it can be easier and stop setting alerts all the time. Is that the right thing to do?

Kyoufu

Ghost / non lethal
Lethal all the way

From what I read everything carries over in NG+ so you can unlock everything etc.

My first playthrough, I'm just having fun by playing a mix of stealth and lethal. I try to be sneaky but if I'm caught, I cause hell.

daebo

Getting the same thing here...did it twice and it is annoying because it sends you to the firefight before all the cutscenes. Ugh, anyone got advice?

It's happened to me two more times (4 total) and I'm about to quit... redoing the end and having to rewatch all the cutscene and walking (the stuff that I can skip, i do). But I don't know what to do and would love to play the game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dude you should definitely pick up Human Revolution too if you haven't played it before. Although the beginning is pretty slow, the atmosphere and setting are great. The gameplay is pretty fun and the story is imo interesting. :>

It's one of those games I always almost buy in the sale but never do for some reason. Maybe I will next time.

Edit: It's actually on sale now for £3.25 so I bought it, hopefully it's good!

Paches

It's happened to me two more times (4 total) and I'm about to quit... redoing the end and having to rewatch all the cutscene and walking (the stuff that I can skip, i do). But I don't know what to do and would love to play the game.

3rd try worked after I switched the game to Exclusive Fullscreen, but then it crashed after the next dialogue scene before I could save. My monitor went completely black, couldn't alt tab or anything, lost complete signal, basically a hard lock even though my 2nd monitor was working fine still, had to hard shutdown my PC. Frustrating as hell.

Stiler

Yes..all HUD elements are toggleable.
The aug and health indicators can even be selected to fade in and out.

I can't find it then, I see no way to turn off only the highlighted "throwable" objects while still leaving it on the items you can interact with , like containers/levers and important things you actually want to see.

leng jai

I really hate when studios can't mix the sound levels correctly between pre rendered movies and in game levels.

I need to crank my speakers to hear pre-rendered stuff, then it's ear-cracking loud when it goes back to engine.

Yeah, the sound mixing for the prerendered cutscenes is off. Annoying as shit.

malfcn

There is a Thug early on you can knock out in a restricted area. It's that okay? Generally don't do anything to named people, right?

I found the bedroom stash. But didn't see anything Malik.

Panda Rin

Better impressions after the opening sequence - the performance during the opening was awful and the mission itself was a bit frustrating.

Prague is much better.

CHC

Ghost / non lethal
Lethal all the way

I'm going for fast and lethal. I can't restrict myself to being a pacifist on the first run, too one-note honestly. I'm doing the dash aug, invisibility, and a silenced machine pistol. Get up close and take them out before they know where I am.

Better impressions after the opening sequence - the performance during the opening was awful and the mission itself was a bit frustrating.

Prague is much better.

Prague is just amazing so far. The density is OVERWHELMING. Everyone I meet offers a long conversation, everywhere I go there are locked doors, keypads, computers, etc. It's crazy how there can just be so much stuff in such a small space. The world isn't even huge by any measure, but it's so packed with secrets I can't help but feel like I have no hope of ever seeing them all.

Bog

Junior Ace
My Steam version won't finish downloading. My disk usage number is going up, but it's not actually downloading anything. Huh?

gdt

Did about 6 hours today.....soo good. I loooove the real world upgrades in these games. I'm just exploring and doing side quests in early Prague.

rtcn63

Any reason to keep all this alcohol? I know your apartment has a stash, but I'm out of room. And should I just sell these machine pistols etc.? They seem fairly common.

Social

The first hours of this game have so many great examples of bad game/ui design, it's baffling. Everything they pretty much did right in the previous one went out the window.

Dear Square Enix: if you're going to follow a giant gunfight where you have a shitty pistol against multiple armed enemies in a fucking sandstorm with TWO lengthy video clips and an in-engine cutscene, maybe think about inserting an autosave somewhere so that when the game crashes at the end(?) of that cutscene, I don't have to repeat the last twenty minutes or whatever of the game, starting with that shitty gunfight. Christ.

B00TE

Loving the game so far. Only thing that still bugs me is the 'cutscenes' when you do a take down, which was a nitpick for me in the last game too. But so far, still more of what I loved in HR, gameplay wise. Love the aesthetic too.

rtcn63

I'm having fun, but I agree with folks that the game feels like something that was meant to be released five to ten years ago.

There is a Thug early on you can knock out in a restricted area. It's that okay? Generally don't do anything to named people, right?.

I'm not sure if it has implications later, but I did the same thing. I ended up coming in through the vent before I realized it was a restricted area, freaked out a bit when the Thug became overly-aggressive and panic-punched him in the face.

He's still chilling in the middle of the floor while his "Punk" girlfriend sits and watches TV all day.

I didn't kill him, so maybe he'll wake up later on if he's needed for something.

Fledz

Whose idea was it to hit space after a quick load, which launches you out of cover? Fucks sake QA people, you had one job!

Also fuck you Singh!

I saved him, took me like half an hour though :lol:

Paches

Dear Square Enix: if you're going to follow a giant gunfight where you have a shitty pistol against multiple armed enemies in a fucking sandstorm with TWO lengthy video clips and an in-engine cutscene, maybe think about inserting an autosave somewhere so that when the game crashes at the end(?) of that cutscene, I don't have to repeat the last twenty minutes or whatever of the game, starting with that shitty gunfight. Christ.
Join the club. Still trying shit to get past this wall of crashes after annoying cut scenes.

Recreat3

So whats the consensus here, do I need to play human revolution to get a grasp on the story or is it the start of a new story. I want to play this asap as my friend is really hyped on it.

ChuckNyce

Yerp, just had to do that bs 3 times in a row.

HiiiLife

Either I suck at these dialogues or these NPCs are some stingy mufuckas.

I won't hesitate to blast you fools away. This is not a pacifist play through lol.

So every time I open the inventory screen on the PC version, the game freaking softlocks. Adam holsters his gun, and other than specific menu commands, I can't do anything. Even escape doesn't work.

Top Bottom