• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Jharp

Turn off: MSAA, Contact Hardening Shadows & Volumetric Lighting.

Alternatively, leave them as 'on' instead of 'Ultra'. All three of the above tank framerates.

I run everything max except those and get 60fps locked @ 3440x1440 no problems, on a Titan XP. So you should be fine.

Holy shit what a world of difference that made. Currently running with MSAA turned completely off, with Contact Hardening Shadows and Volumetric Lighting both at 'on,' rather than 'ultra'. Everything else is as cranked up as far as it'll go, and the game runs great. Going to keep tweaking to get it as good as possible without performance loss, but thanks for that tip!

usp84

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

I have no idea what happened but
I just fell and run to the helicopter invisible and then I disabled it and a trophy popped up. I don't know if I saved you

Alias03

Anyone else having a problem with DLC on PS4? I bought the Digital Deluxe edition today and most of the content listed I dont have (PS4 theme, Digital books, and Season Pass content) I go into the PS store and I cant "buy" it cause it says I already own it but yet I cant access or see the content

Quick Edit: I already tried to restore my licenses to fix it, Nothing changed

CHC

What do you mean. Is it like the original?

No, it's not quite like the original. What I mean is that early on in the game
you uncover hidden augs mysteriously installed in your system. They are experimental and use lots of power, therefore for every experimental aug you enable, you need to permanently deactivate another aug, which you will never be able to use again
. It's pretty cool.

Otherwise, I am enjoying it more than HR because of the setting - it's great to see a city that has layers of history and older architecture, and I am also enjoying "freelance" Adam more as a character. The game feels less restricted just by way of the fact that you have a pretty loose schedule. But, ya know, I haven't completed it or anything so it may or not provide any more actual agency than its predecessor, but for now there is the illusion of it.

Kyoufu

Anyone else having a problem with DLC on PS4? I bought the Digital Deluxe edition today and most of the content listed I dont have (PS4 theme, Digital books, and Season Pass content) I go into the PS store and I cant "buy" it cause it says I already own it but yet I cant access or see the content

Try restoring your licenses in PSN settings.

Hey guys, I don't normally do this, but I'm pretty proud of this one, so what the heck! I voiced and mo-capped Singh. Hope you guys figure out a reliable way to save him. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, but hell if I'm gonna let myself die :(

#SaveSingh

I got your back bro, I'm right ahead of the part involving you so I will use all the powers at my disposal to keep you alive. Leave no civilstrife behind!!!

anyways pretty awesome that you voiced it, game is awesome so far!

daebo

A lot of pages, so apologies in advance... The game on PC keeps crashing for me at the same spot. Literally at the beginning of the game, after the tutorial first stage.

I just get off a train and i'm talking to a woman. We get inside the station and a bomb goes off and crash. Multiple times now... Any ideas? has it crashed here for anybody else.

HiiiLife

#SaveSingh

I saved you.

Slowdive

Banned

#SaveSingh

Awesome, I saved you.

daebo

Wtf am I supposed to do at the end of the tutorial mission if I don't want to kill anyone?

zero visibility, 20 enemies shooting at the target I'm supposed to protect? This is a shit mission, not very deus ex at all

I went to the left. I only had to take down two guys using the knocking them out to not kill. I got to the Helicopter in about 30 seconds. Lift the hood and pull the battery out. You get the achievement for saving Tsing [

HiiiLife

Wtf am I supposed to do at the end of the tutorial mission if I don't want to kill anyone?

zero visibility, 20 enemies shooting at the target I'm supposed to protect? This is a shit mission, not very deus ex at all

Simple. You kill everyone and come to the dark side. Nades for everyone!

Vic_Viper

Which train stop is Jensen's Apartment? Is there a map that shows this stuff. I seriously cant figure out which stop it was.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played a Deus Ex game but after watching ACG's review I'm really interested in this one, definitely think I'll grab it once it's in my price range.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I really hate when studios can't mix the sound levels correctly between pre rendered movies and in game levels.

I need to crank my speakers to hear pre-rendered stuff, then it's ear-cracking loud when it goes back to engine.

Phionoxx

Enjoying the game so far. Just made it past the train station scene without a crash. Although now I have the Hold B UNMARK ALL bug that won't go away.

Samikaze

I'm sure it's already been seen and stated, but did anyone else notice
Ivan Berk
at the train station when you first get to Prague?

I absolutely love that they didn't blatantly pointed him out.

Loving the game so far, but only got to play for an hour or so before heading to work.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The new control scheme takes a little getting used to, but I do like having scopes and iron sighting on L2 instead of clicking in the right analog stick. How long is that desperate measures mission? 2.9GB download must have a decent amount of new assets in it. I'm once again loving the stealth and non-lethal combo that Human Revolution did so well. I was wondering why the audio seemed so off in the Gamersyde PS4 videos, I forgot some games default to controller speaker for comms.

Alias03

Which pieces of DLC do you have installed then? You should have some packs installed at least? Can you post a screenshot of what you have installed?

unable to post a screen but I have 6 add ons installed. The story mission Desperate Measures, Assault pack, Classic pack, Enforcer pack, Intruder pack, Tactical pack

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, that sandstorm/helicopter objective at the beginning really pissed me off, kept dying surrounded by enemies, not finding how to stop the helicopter, until I said "fuck it", went to the left side, ignoring everybody, used my smart vision, and easily found the hatch.

Also, the game CTD in the next scene when
I was talking to some lady and an explosion happened
. Way to ruin the scene! The game was running just fine before that...

Edit : and my last save was right at the start of the sandstorm... FUUU

Is there no way to skip all the logos when you boot the game, like HR?

hollomat

Banned
How do I use my praxis kits that I've transferred from Deus ex go? I've linked my account to both and can see the praxis kits on one of the tabs in mankind divided but can't figure out how to transfer them to the praxis kit tab.

cHinzo

I've never played a Deus Ex game but after watching ACG's review I'm really interested in this one, definitely think I'll grab it once it's in my price range.

Dude you should definitely pick up Human Revolution too if you haven't played it before. Although the beginning is pretty slow, the atmosphere and setting are great. The gameplay is pretty fun and the story is imo interesting. :>

Kyoufu

unable to post a screen but I have 6 add ons installed. The story mission Desperate Measures, Assault pack, Classic pack, Enforcer pack, Intruder pack, Tactical pack

That's exactly what you get. Did you pre-order? If not, then you won't get the theme.

caesar

Banned
God I hate having side mission 01 and 03 in my list knowing I missed 02.

When are we supposed to play this dlc mission?

Not too happy about the game right now. A few things:

- Doing the pacifist achievement is really frustrating. First of all, nobody seems to really care if I kill or don't kill enemies. Second, why the hell is there no statistics menu where you can check if you have "killed" someone? Imo this completely ruins playing like this, because you constantly have to worry that the game didn't bug out at some point. For example, after a fight I discovered that one enemy died somehow. I have no idea why.

- Conveniently, this happened only a few seconds after I redeemed my preorder bonus. Which is another shitty thing in this stupid game. Because apparently you can redeem certain bonuses only once, for a single save game. Which means, I lost those preorder bonuses after I had to load a previous save game. But hey, at least I can buy praxis kits in the Square Enix store! Great!

- What also sucks are those energy cells. Energy is much to limited to use it in a fun way. Of course I could always buy addition praxis kits to max out my character and reduce energy cost. Yay.

- If you are not very clever about distributing your augmentation points, you will miss content. I don't really like this.

- You can not carry multiple weapons of the same model at the same time. Which means, in order to sell those comparatively valuable weapons, you have to pick one weapon up, run to your vendor and sell it, go back and pick another one up, go to the vendor... Wtf

- Praxis kits are very pricey at in-game vendors, which seems to be another decision to get you to buy them for real money.

- Also, I don't really like how side missions are set up. I HATE when you can miss content and missions. Same thing like in Fallout or Elder Scrolls. This open world stuff just feels janky. I am a completionist and this simply ruins my fun. You always have to worry, "did I get all missions? did I miss something?" Other games are doing a much better job here (Arkham series, Assassin's Creed).

Sigh. I guess I will start over and just go the lethal route now.

Simo

Just got to Jensens apartment. Uh..everyone found the secret stash
in his bedroom right?! Malik!!!!

Kyoufu

Dont really care much about the Theme I guess but would like my season pass content...

You did get your season pass content. You should have 5 praxis packs to redeem in-game and some currency/guns.

You have what I and everyone else has.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here.

Panda Rin

Have to say, pretty underwhelming so far. Loved HR, but everything about this game feels dated. Also feels too claustrophobic and clunky.

Paches

A lot of pages, so apologies in advance... The game on PC keeps crashing for me at the same spot. Literally at the beginning of the game, after the tutorial first stage.

I just get off a train and i'm talking to a woman. We get inside the station and a bomb goes off and crash. Multiple times now... Any ideas? has it crashed here for anybody else.

Getting the same thing here...did it twice and it is annoying because it sends you to the firefight before all the cutscenes. Ugh, anyone got advice?

nOoblet16

Gemüsepizza;214774005 said:
Not too happy about the game right now. A few things:

- Doing the pacifist achievement is really frustrating. First of all, nobody seems to really care if I kill or don't kill enemies. Second, why the hell is there no statistics menu where you can check if you have "killed" someone? Imo this completely ruins playing like this, because you constantly have to worry that the game didn't bug out at some point. For example, after a fight I discovered that one enemy died somehow. I have no idea why.
Going pacifist is piss easy, all you need to finish to not use any of the lethal stuff and you'll get it. It's ghosting which is difficult and for which you need a tracker. The game has way too many options for this.

- What also sucks are those energy cells. Energy is much to limited to use it in a fun way. Of course I could always buy addition praxis kits to max out my character and reduce energy cost. Yay.
This is a non issue you find so many bio cells lying around and on top of that you can craft them. For thr last level I had 9 of them stacked up and I hadn't even bought all energy uograde (buying any battery upgrade recharges all your cells)

- If you are not very clever about distributing your augmentation points, you will miss content. I don't really like this.
Not really, every area can be accessed in more than one way. And if you still can't there's probably still another way. There was a guy who didn't have the hacking skills to open a door, he piled up boxes to climb to the upper floor instead. Be creative.

- You can not carry multiple weapons of the same model at the same time. Which means, in order to sell those comparatively valuable weapons, you have to pick one weapon up, run to your vendor and sell it, go back and pick another one up, go to the vendor... Wtf
Another non issue, how many games like this allow you to do so anyway? Beside you are playing the game wrong if you are trying to make money by selling weapons to vendors. Vendors in this game are extremely secondary.

- Praxis kits are very pricey at in-game vendors, which seems to be another decision to get you to buy them for real money.
Again you get plenty of praxis, by the time you finish the game you will have most of the abilities. You are not meant to have everything unlocked either but you can come close if you want to also buying I don't even know of anyone who buys Praxis kits because there are so many lying around and you earn so many that buying one for that price is useless.

- Also, I don't really like how side missions are set up. I HATE when you can miss content and missions. Same thing like in Fallout or Elder Scrolls. This open world stuff just feels janky. I am a completionist and this simply ruins my fun. You always have to worry, "did I get all missions? did I miss something?" Other games are doing a much better job here (Arkham series, Assassin's Creed).

Sigh. I guess I will start over and just go the lethal route now.
Those other games are not immersive sims, Deus Ex is. Immersive sims work this way, where in you explore to advance anything, the structuring is also very non linear so you can achieve something before you are even told about it, just because you explored and came across it. The entire point of immersive sim is that game does as little hand holding as possible and most of the game is dependant on your exploration. These games are not about "Did I miss that?" because you can't expect to do everything in first playthrough. Instead these games are rather about learning to live with the consequences that you missed it because you didn't explore enough...and then playing again to test out all the permutations possible with regards to its non linearity.

Honestly you should try to understand what this game is rather than trying to make it play like something else otherwise you are just not going to have any fun.

Top Bottom