• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Nesther

Looks like NPCs killing others as a result of your decisions doesn't add to your kill stat.
At least the phone app doesn't register it, does anyone care to double check?

BBboy20

B5KUfipm.jpg

lcVUQNtl.jpg

This is the PC version. I never read the red print at the store page at the time. I feel very "silly" right now, especially blindly giving Squarenix the benefit of the doubt despite being always annoyed about them not releasing physical versions of their PC games since Hitman: Absolution. Simultaneously, I am also in disbelief that Square thought this was a good idea of making a paper weight out of a case.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So where are the pre-order skins and jackets? The combat/enforcer/stealth packs or whatever they're called? I redeemed the code and downloaded the mission DLC on Xbox, and Ionly have the default clothes in Outfits.

So where are the pre-order skins and jackets? The combat/enforcer/stealth packs or whatever they're called? I redeemed the code and downloaded the mission DLC on Xbox, and Ionly have the default clothes in Outfits.
There should be a stash/ storage tab to the left of your inventory screen, they should be there.

Dominator

Just played through the intro, I'm digging it so far. I was gonna play HR first then get this later on but since I got this for so cheap I decided to just dive in. I watched the recap which was pretty deep so I think I'm good.

dlauv

This game is ok. I don't like the controls (nor Human Rev's control scheme in this game). I don't like the revised hud. I'm not feeling the VA or writing.

I just feel like I'm somewhat dispassionately going through the motions. I may end up liking it more later.

At least the level design is really good and the gunplay is better.

vocab

Oh so the reticule is turned off by default.

Thanks for that one assholes.

Anyway one figure out how to reset breach/delete the save file for breach?

Dominator

This game is ok. I don't like the controls (nor Human Rev's control scheme in this game). I don't like the revised hud. I'm not feeling the VA or writing.

I just feel like I'm somewhat dispassionately going through the motions. I may end up liking it more later.

At least the level design is really good and the gunplay is better.
I picked the "Standard" controls which is just regular FPS controls I'm used to. It's working well for me so far.

Played for a good while today and once I got to Prague all I did was explore and do side missions for hours. I'm loving this game! The art design and atmosphere are incredible, and the story so far is pretty good. I can't judge that aspect too much though, since I haven't really touched it since
saving Vaclav
. I didn't want to stop to playing, and I can't wait to play more tomorrow.

I do have some questions that maybe others can help me out with though:

First, does anyone know how many side missions are in the game? I'm just curious/worried I'll miss some.

Also, is the whole disabling an aug to use an experimental aug thing really permanent? Will I never be able to use that aug again if I decide to disable it? If so, I'm not a fan of that.

Ozium

spent like 4 hours in the first area, progressed in 4 side quests and 1 main quest and have to move onto a new area for all of them

fantastic game so far

So I just downloaded the standard edition on psn and got a whole bunch of add on shit for free. Is there any other DLC add ons I should be aware of. Kind of weird to get all that stuff on standard edition.

derFeef

Why is there a fade to black before and after takedowns? That's so jarring. This game needs to redeem itself very soon with a neat story beat or proper atmosphere like the previous game had or I might just wanna stop :(

I've never understood why some games use the DS4's quiet speaker, especially for things like in game calls and things like that where you kinda need to hear to understand whats going on.

Make sure the dual shock controller speaker volume is maxed out. Check the settings for it.

Azoor

Why is there a face to black before and a fter takedowns? That's so jarring. This game needs to redeem itself very soon with a neat story beat or proper atmosphere like the previous game had or I might just wanna stop :(

Human Revolution was smoother in that regard, it just cuts to the takedown with no weird transition.

munroe

I'm running a GTX 760, unfortunately. I'm down to keep it on medium if it'll run fine.

I can run the game on my laptop at medium preset and that's on a 960m which is supposedly comparable to a 750ti according to futuremark

It's so weird to me that Adam requires energy to subdue enemies while stealthing. Like he doesn't necessarily need to bionic punch them, just a quick rear naked choke would do.

And yeah, there's just so much stuff to pick up. I don't even know what half of it does. Even then, things are hidden between all the useless crap. When am I gonna throw anything that isn't heavy or explosive?

I agree with the requiring energy part, if he can break small shaft grates without energy he should be able to do the same to people.

However i like the extra random items, similar to the original, you can throw them at people or use them to make a sound.

Just thought, with all the people complaining about the tutorial I wonder how they would have fared on the original's tutorial where you had to get across the raised bridge but didn't specifically tell you how, I'd imagine a lot of the people who failed/got frustrated in MD would have felt the same in the original

SAC

Neo Member
in my game, i have a good amount of money and vaguely remember a vendor mentioning that they sell praxis... could someone pretty please point me in the right direction?

TheRed

Game is so good when taking your time. Love it. Looks damn good at 1440p Ultra too. Prague is like what a Half Life 3 could've been. Obviously not because of the way that story was going, but I get a high detail City 17 vibe from it.

Got through starting area.

Having never played these games and watching the video, felt extremely overwhelming. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it slow and figure out wtf I'm doing lol.

Literally had no idea what I was doing in the starter mission.

Played a few hours now on PC. Great game. I play stealth though so my progress is pretty slow and I also have to explore and loot every area. Just a regular apartment inspector, nothing suspicious.

I had too go back and watched a video cause I thought HR was smoother too but its not. Mankind has way better transitions.

The whole cinematic takedown thing is shitty, anyway. It turns what is otherwise a standard melee/stealth takedown into an awkward might-as-well-be-a-QTE action.

For a game all about player agency and sneaking about, it just makes zero sense. Animators just wanted their work to be seen.

derFeef

Got through starting area.

Having never played these games and watching the video, felt extremely overwhelming. Hopefully tomorrow I can take it slow and figure out wtf I'm doing lol.

Literally had no idea what I was doing in the starter mission.

To be fair, I think the actual tutorials with the green holograms are more confusing, than helping.

The whole cinematic takedown thing is shitty, anyway. It turns what is otherwise a standard melee/stealth takedown into an awkward might-as-well-be-a-QTE action.

For a game all about player agency and sneaking about, it just makes zero sense. Animators just wanted their work to be seen.

Eh, I think it's to make Jensen look badass. I will refrain from using takedown and just keep my trusty tranq gun.

Just completed my first quest hub up to a point that I'm in a different area after "point of no return".

Amazing game. The world is so pretty, almost every single quest and side quest is interesting and the game runs so well. I got 1 crash in first 10 minutes of game and there is stutter here and there but they are not slowing me down.

I'm in love with the stealth gameplay. I don't know why, but the stealth seems SO much more natural in this game than in HR. Remote multi-takedown tesla aug is amazing.

To be fair, I think the actual tutorials with the green holograms are more confusing, than helping.

Eh, I think it's to make Jensen look badass. I will refrain from using takedown and just keep my trusty tranq gun.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love them and will spam the shit out of them, but I'd much prefer they were just done "as you are" with the default camera without taking you out of the gameplay; or give us some dynamic angles, rather than cueing a stilted cinematic - you know, pretty much how every other game in existence does it.

aravuus

How are players tracking first runs?

Ghost / non lethal
Lethal all the way
Fuck it, whatever happens

With ng+ do upgrades carry, possible to unlock everything?

Ghost non-lethal for the main missions, but if all else fails I'll have to go in lethal. Gonna stick with ghost, though, sneaking around is fucktons of fun.

I just wish the game had more quick save slots so I could savescum more effectively lmao.

Game just closed down on my during the end of a cutscene and it didn't save.

Have to go back and start from the last save point.

PC.

This was just after the
big explosion at the train station.

Spent about 4 hours playing it last night. It's literally improved on everything from human revolution. And soundtrack doesn't disappoint either.

Now 8 hours of work needs to fly past so I can get back to playing it!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can you aim in first person from cover?

Y to sprint is confusing the life out of me. R stick to crouch too. Ughhhh.

Try a different layout? The game goes out of its way during the intro a couple times to tell you there are multiple controller layouts...Human Revolution or Standard FPS should feel more comfortable.

level1

How are players tracking first runs?

Ghost / non lethal
Lethal all the way
Fuck it, whatever happens

With ng+ do upgrades carry, possible to unlock everything?

I usually do what makes most sense for the story - for instance (tutorial mission spoilers)
I chose to be nonlethal in dubai so as to keep singh's cover intact

However when there's no reason to be non lethal I quite enjoy killing everyone in sight.

Game just closed down on my during the end of a cutscene and it didn't save.

Have to go back and start from the last save point.

PC.

This was just after the
big explosion at the train station.

Crashed in the exact same spot for me. I got through the next time though, and no crashes after that at all.

Top Bottom