• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

max_505

So the "Ghost" achievement is just for one mission? I already got it in the first and was wondering if can afford to be seen in the next mission and not have to worry about it anymore.

Fuser

My missing PS4 copy from Simply Games has just arrived - was 'shipped' on Friday.

Hope everybody else gets there copy too.

Try a different layout? The game goes out of its way during the intro a couple times to tell you there are multiple controller layouts...Human Revolution or Standard FPS should feel more comfortable.

It made it seems like there was some benefit to their controller scheme. I'll adapt to it, i just don't see the benefit of the location of these two button in particular.

So the "Ghost" achievement is just for one mission? I already got it in the first and was wondering if can afford to be seen in the next mission and not have to worry about it anymore.

You get Ghost for completing a section unseen. I imagine the achievement will be for completing EVERY section without being seen. EDIT: Ignore me, i was assuming it was like HR

Not Drake

So the "Ghost" achievement is just for one mission?

That's right. "Ghost" is awarded for achieving that bonus in a single mission. There's no achievement for finishing the game with no "hostile" status triggered. The "Foxiest of the Hounds" is just for alarms so that leave you some room for error as you can be seen.

So far this has been Alcohol Hoarder Simulator 2029 and I'm loving it. Is there much reason to keep all these drinks around? I know they'll give me health back but I'd like to know if I should bother at all.

CSJ

It's annoying when you are behind cover and have a contextual option is for *Spacebar* when you quick save.

Should you quick save and reload because something funky happened or you're still learning how things work, the "Press to continue" will load into a game and then use that contextual option.

I was testing out gas grenades for the first time to see if they bounce or explode on contact, I'm behind cover and save; hold down G and it says it'll land at some spot and it does, then bounces off into space. Shit, so I reload and then it perpetually jumps right out of cover into the enemies.

So far this has been Alcohol Hoarder Simulator 2029 and I'm loving it. Is there much reason to keep all these drinks around? I know they'll give me health back but I'd like to know if I should bother at all.

You can brute-force through gas hazards and such if you have enough HP restore. Game pauses when you open inventory and recovery is instant.

d00d3n

Question about the intro/tutorial mission:
Do you save singh if you run and disable the helicopter directly, before he dies?

max_505

That's right. "Ghost" is awarded for achieving that bonus in a single mission. There's no achievement for finishing the game with no "hostile" status triggered. The "Foxiest of the Hounds" is just for alarms so that leave you some room for error as you can be seen.

Whew, I can breathe a sigh of relief then. Thanks for this.

venomenon

is its at least some typical prague's alcohol like beer, absinth and similar?
Yes. No real brands, of course.
One of the first things I found was a skull-shaped absinthe bottle actually. Dunno if that's common in Czech Rep., but I've seen it quite often around here.

whyman

Im having a big problem, just a little bit after tutorial.
When I get to pick "new" augs Im no longer able to equip then. Only that vision thingy. The others are unlocked but dont show up there. Any solution?

prudislav

One of the first things I found was a skull-shaped absinthe bottle actually. Dunno if that's common in Czech Rep., but I've seen it quite often around here.
well Absinth itself its not really that common in here , but Czech is well-known for it abroad.
As for skull shape its special bottle mostly for export or giftshops

Guess I'm going to fire up HR as an antidote to all this (tempered) hype. I've promised myself a newly built PC as a gift for NEXT Christmas (15 months of saving), and Mankind Divided will christen it, just as Human Revolution christened my laptop in style.

In the mean time I'm going to try HR with the Steam controller. Anyone experience this with HR or MD? I'm hoping it's smooth and slinky.

Navarre

Neo Member
Im having a big problem, just a little bit after tutorial.
When I get to pick "new" augs Im no longer able to equip then. Only that vision thingy. The others are unlocked but dont show up there. Any solution?

It took me a few headscratching minutes too - it's because the Augs you are picking are passive (eg hacking). As soon as you pick an active one, it should show up in one of the slots.

whyman

It took me a few headscratching minutes too - it's because the Augs you are picking are passive (eg hacking). As soon as you pick an active one, it should show up in one of the slots.

Well I did pick one that was active.
Forward leap, jump thing
so it seems bugged. : /

Mœbius

Played for a few hours last night up until I got to TF29 HQ - great so far but has anyone else noticed inconsistency issues with the audio mix / sound levels? At times the voices are clear and loud but at others they are lost in the background and can barely be heard... adjusting the volume levels in settings makes no difference to this. Nothing major but ended up just putting on my PS4 Gold headset and immediately sounded better.

mxgt

Banned
Gotta say, awful mouse accel aside, the game is really good so far. Played about 4 hours and only did the intro + a few side missions in the main hub.

As with HR, I play with Objective Markers turned off. Makes it a lot more enjoyable for me to find things by exploring.

I'm trying to do a 'no kill' run and I'm in the Prague hub now. I've just done the section with the
checkpoint / forger
and I resolved it by
telling the cops about them
. The
cops then shot up the checkpoint and killed everyone
, hope it doesn't count against the Pacifist achievement.

So are we supposed to sell breach software? It says that's what you do with it, but it also says to collect them. So it's a bit of a conflicting statement.

Game just closed down on my during the end of a cutscene and it didn't save.

Have to go back and start from the last save point.

PC.

This was just after the
big explosion at the train station.

Mine did the same, twice, at the same spot.
And that is a damned long cutscene.

I did a few things that might've fixed it:

There was a 3GB download going on in Steam. Not sure if it was a patch or DLC or what. I let it complete before trying a third time.
Set graphics to the Low preset
Set game to exclusive mode fullscreen (keeping standard native 1080p/60 resolution/refresh).

I worked fine after that, but I don't know which action was responsible for fixing it.

joebruin

Mœbius;214804533 said:
Played for a few hours last night up until I got to TF29 HQ - great so far but has anyone else noticed inconsistency issues with the audio mix / sound levels? At times the voices are clear and loud but at others they are lost in the background and can barely be heard... adjusting the volume levels in settings makes no difference to this. Nothing major but ended up just putting on my PS4 Gold headset and immediately sounded better.

i experienced this too. reminded me of wolfenstein:tno

had to turn on sub-titles because in some scenes you could barely hear the dialogue but then in others the characters are too loud. had to keep adjusting the volume. will try headphones next prefer not using those when playing single player games.

The Pandabus

Neo Member
Played it a few hours yesterday. If it were any other type of game I might be disappointed by how similar it is to Human Revolution. However, there aren't really many games like Deus Ex, so I'll take this.
The areas seem filled with computers, air vents and locked doors to open - like a good Deus Ex hub would. Enjoying the game quite a bit so far.

Shari

The game rocks but there's something that annoys me A LOT.

So hud is pretty configurable and sexy with its fade outs and stuff but the "highlight items" option is for movable objects and retrievable objects. This means that I either leave it on and have half of the world objects have a disgusting white radius around them or I turn it off and pass next to useful items and consumables without knowing they're retrievable.

Hope someone mods this or something because its very annoying and I'm not happy with either option. I want the white radius for items, ammo and even cabinets so I know I can open those but I don't want it for fucking frigos, boxes, etc...

Welp :(

Ruff

how much fucking cardboard is there lying around in this game lol

Enough to annoy me when I step on a pile of pizza boxes and they just start making an obnoxious impact sound constantly.

I swear it happens like every 10m when i'm exploring these rooms.

Vintage

Mine did the same, twice, at the same spot.
And that is a damned long cutscene.

I did a few things that might've fixed it:

There was a 3GB download going on in Steam. Not sure if it was a patch or DLC or what. I let it complete before trying a third time.
Set graphics to the Low preset
Set game to exclusive mode fullscreen (keeping standard native 1080p/60 resolution/refresh).

I worked fine after that, but I don't know which action was responsible for fixing it.

I changed nothing and it went through :| must be random

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mouse controls are shit and the opening mission sucks ass. Good first impression.

WITHE1982

Played for about 4 hours last night after coming straight off the back of a Human Revolution play-through and I've slotted straight into this like a glove. It's basically HR with a next gen wash over it (which is fantastic for me as HR was my GOTY).

I'm trying out the Mankind Divided control scheme and it's taking a lot of getting used to after HR. I was going to chose the HR controls but I liked the look of the new ones. Saying that If I throw another grenade at myself when trying to enter cover I'll flip out. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Not very far into the story as I'm REALLY taking my time but this is definitely shaping up to be a GOTY contender for me. Can't wait to jump back into it to try out some of the new augs.

thenexus6

So hud is pretty configurable and sexy with its fade outs and stuff but the "highlight items" option is for movable objects and retrievable objects. This means that I either leave it on and have half of the world objects have a disgusting white radius around them or I turn it off and pass next to useful items and consumables without knowing they're retrievable.

Hope someone mods this or something because its very annoying and I'm not happy with either option. I want the white radius for items, ammo and even cabinets so I know I can open those but I don't want it for fucking frigos, boxes, etc...

Go into options and you can turn some of that off. I turned a bunch of stuff off and made the whole HUD smaller.

Heads up for others in the UK awaiting their Simply Games delivery - mine didn't arrive with the post today either. They've lost a customer as far as i'm concerned.

Xyber

Totalbiscuit mentioned that there is an Aug that will help with that instead.

Heads up for others in the UK awaiting their Simply Games delivery - mine didn't arrive with the post today either. They've lost a customer as far as i'm concerned.

Damn. Somebody else in this thread had theirs arrive today. They lost me as a customer yesterday lol. Thankfully the PC port is not terrible and I manage to play that last night instead.

Randdalf

When I arrive at Ruzicka Station there's a black screen and nothing happens
sad.gif

I'll go do a side mission and see if it stops happening after that.

Well, I've played probably 3 hours now, and I've just left Adam's apartment, bummed around the apartment complex for a while, and popped into the sewers. In other words, I've hardly done anything but take in the atmosphere. I am wondering what my final playtime will come out to be, and whether I should stop looking at every damn thing and get going (and since my boss keeps telling me to do so, maybe I should comply when I start back up tomorrow).

I stayed up later than I wanted to playing tonight, and while I loved it all, I've got to get my sleep! 😣 Oh well, can't really complain about too much of a good thing. I also checked out the first two pages of Deus Ex: Blacklight. I got Icarus Effect back around HR's launch in 2011, so why not? Seems cool so far, though it may be harder to get into with a usually malleable character (Jensen) as the lead instead of the two main characters who were in Icarus Effect, who are "set in stone".

Damn. Somebody else in this thread had theirs arrive today. They lost me as a customer yesterday lol. Thankfully the PC port is not terrible and I manage to play that last night instead.

As I've generally had great service from them I would have given them the benefit of the doubt, by why they couldn't send the messed up orders via guaranteed next day to make up for their mistake, I have no idea. Weird that I couldn't cancel and refund yesterday afternoon but it still isn't here.

I'll grab a copy this afternoon then...

Top Bottom