• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Ozium

Well I'm at 15 hours now and on Mission 12, and have done every side mission I've came across so far, which is like 4 or 5?

I've only done 3 main missions and I already have 4 side quests in progress... the next main mission for me is going to HQ

are there long gaps between them? :(

they are listed as SM00 SM01 SM02 SM03 iirc

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How can I enter that
Rave party
sidequest without a card? All I see is a sewer with gas, and I don't have the aug to protect me from that, I've checked everywhere nearby...

Fledz

How can I enter that
Rave party
sidequest without a card? All I see is a sewer with gas, and I don't have the aug to protect me from that, I've checked everywhere nearby...

It's electricity. You can just run through it if you want. I suggest looking for the card though, it's a good quest.

BY2K

Membero Americo
How can I enter that
Rave party

There is a way to get the card but it's kind of counter-intuitive.

Vibranium

Banned
Loving the game. Jensen is sarcastic as ever.

Does it bug anyone else that Eidos Montreal didn't make it so Adam's mouth moves when talking in third-person though? Just a little pet peeve of mine from HR. The faces are a lot better here thankfully.

AHA-Lambda

I've only done 3 main missions and I already have 4 side quests in progress... the next main mission for me is going to HQ

are there long gaps between them? :(

they are listed as SM00 SM01 SM02 SM03 iirc

Hard to say I've been getting them totally out of order it seems.

I've got 3, 8 and 10 in progress just now.
And 4, 5, 7 and 9 are completed.
Haven't found 0, 1, 2 or 6

Dec

Are there any Praxis kits early on in the game that I can go and find just after
the part where you meet Koller? I didn't realize they took away my eye and leg upgrades, and I spent the kits on other stuff.

There is one in a vent in Koller's workshop. It's hidden, I'll spoil it in a second line so you can look for it.

Behind a picture frame, the picture in question is next to a black and white framed picture.

Dec

Where should I look for it then? I don't have much indication so far.

I actually just threw a frag grenade at the door then ran away and came back later lol

Edit: Sorry for double post, didn't want this to be quoted and reveal the spoiler tags above

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Jesus that screen tearing in the train station is horrendous!

But it's good to hear that
Lazarus has returned to shill his brand of conspiracy theories on the airwaves

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can someone please explain hacking in more detail for me?

Questions off the top of my mind:

Is the best route randomly generated, or is there always the same best path?

If the odds of getting discovered are 45%, is there a RNG in the background. Or, if it gets me detected, if I load my last save and try again, will it always get me detected?

What are the abilities on the bottom left? I remember stealth and overclock.

Is there something else I'm missing? I'm on a level 2 pad right now, and I just cannot seem to hack it. What makes me better? What makes it go faster? I just don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

malfcn

I'm really trying to play freely. But I keep wanting to stealth everything, so reloads are tempting. I know I will play again, and trying to keep telling myself it's okay to go lethal.

I'm really trying to play freely. But I keep wanting to stealth everything, so reloads are tempting. I know I will play again, and trying to keep telling myself it's okay to go lethal.

It took me a long time to open up and not care about the 'cheevo's and just play Deus Ex how I want to in that moment, in Human Revolution. When I did, it was a really liberating playthrough.

Also, I'm not going to be able to play this until GOTY is probably out, I'm insanely jealous of you all. Enjoy

Dec

Can someone please explain hacking in more detail for me?

Questions off the top of my mind:

Is the best route randomly generated, or is there always the same best path?

If the odds of getting discovered are 45%, is there a RNG in the background. Or, if it gets me detected, if I load my last save and try again, will it always get me detected?

What are the abilities on the bottom left? I remember stealth and overclock.

Is there something else I'm missing? I'm on a level 2 pad right now, and I just cannot seem to hack it. What makes me better? What makes it go faster? I just don't understand exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

The routes are randomly generated at first but if you were to exit before failing and try again I believe it will be the same for those 5 attempts or whatever you have.

There is RNG in the background for getting detected. You could save scum it until RNG is nice to you.

Reveal shows the paths through the system. Some have a sort of fog of war mechanic that make it hard to tell which way to go.

Datascan shows you the contents of Datastores, optional nodes that if you go out of your way to get have rewards in them. Datascan will let you know if it's worth it or not.

The idea is that you look at the lines that connect the nodes and plan out the path to the green orb that has the lowest numbers along it. Higher number nodes will have higher detection chances and also take longer. There will often be datastores with credits, xp, or hacking items in them that you can get if you are good enough at hacking to go out of your way and still succeed.

You can fortify nodes you have taken to slow down the red bar that tries to make its way to your start point after you have been detected. The more nodes you have fortified along the path the red bar is taking, the longer you have to finish.

Later on they start throwing some tricks at you but you should have the knowledge by then to figure em out.

Samikaze

There are way, way, WAY too many fucking radios in this game. Jesus I'm sick of listening to this asshole spout his shit, I turn them off every chance I get.

I agree. They wrote that character after listening to lots of Alex Jones, and he gets on my nerves enough. So I guess they did a good job.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The routes are randomly generated at first but if you were to exit before failing and try again I believe it will be the same for those 5 attempts or whatever you have.

There is RNG in the background for getting detected. You could save scum it until RNG is nice to you.

Reveal shows the paths through the system. Some have a sort of fog of war mechanic that make it hard to tell which way to go.

Datascan shows you the contents of Datastores, optional nodes that if you go out of your way to get have rewards in them. Datascan will let you know if it's worth it or not.

The idea is that you look at the lines that connect the nodes and plan out the path to the green orb that has the lowest numbers along it. Higher number nodes will have higher detection chances and also take longer. There will often be datastores with credits, xp, or hacking items in them that you can get if you are good enough at hacking to go out of your way and still succeed.

You can fortify nodes you have taken to slow down the red bar that tries to make its way to your start point after you have been detected. The more nodes you have fortified along the path the red bar is taking, the longer you have to finish.

Later on they start throwing some tricks at you but you should have the knowledge by then to figure em out.

Thank you!! This is very helpful.

I'm seriously getting hit by the 45% chance of detection on like 9/10 attempts. Guess it's just bad luck. Thank you!

For those of you who are reasonably far along: if I've never played a Deus Ex game, is this a decent one to start with. I'm reading mixed reviews that seem to range from "Okay followup to HR" to "Hey, this is pretty fun! Good progression!" and can't really tell if you need familiarity with the series or not. So yeah, is it worth jumping into for a beginner?

Tried reading through some of the thread (admittedly skipped around and ctrl+F'd) to see if this had been discussed, but no luck.

People giving me evil looks when I use the natural carriage, deal with it.

I actually didn't know there was a Naturals and Augs sections out the train, so I was riding the Naturals section and wondering why everyone was staring at me like the first 10 hours. I don't do it anymore because the cutscene after the ride where the cop hassles you for riding in the Naturals section is annoying and unskippable. An amazing game representation of the inconvenience of the casual discrimination of the Jim Crow era in the South, come to think of it.

psychotron

Finished the prologue today and spent the rest of the time looking around
Adam's apartment building
. Game kicks ass so far.

spyder_ur

OK, am I missing an inventory upgrade aug or what? I do not see it.

The inventory is such a PITA. I'm only in Prague messing around and already can't pick stuff up.

Carlius

Banned
ya, i dont know how people can say this looks like shit and jus tlike human revolution..its looks 3 times better than that...

Stoze

There are way, way, WAY too many fucking radios in this game. Jesus I'm sick of listening to this asshole spout his shit, I turn them off every chance I get.

Oh god. Are the radios destructible in this one? Please say yes

rtcn63

I ended up doing a bunch of side quest chains because I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get out the area surrounding Jensen's apartment. I initially tried using the metro because I didn't realize you had to activate a thing. Took me awhile and at that point I had no choice since all the objective markers were on the other side of the grey wall.

Question regarding Otar.
If I stole the calibrator and knocked out some of his guys, can I still talk to him and initiate his quest chain? If not, I'm just gonna gas him and take his revolver.

Also, two hours of play and no crashes.

d00d3n

I need some help for the first thing you need to do in the hub (sewer path). Deus Ex immersive sim-iness is failing me, and I don't understand why ... :(

20160825042154_1wcr38.jpg

So, it seems simple enough. The power switch needs to be on to be able to interact with the panel that opens the door. But I take damage even when I stand on my boxes. Trying to interact with the panel forces you to stand on the metal floor, so that fries you.

Do I have to use one of the explosive barrels to force the door open, is that it? Unfortunately, I sold all my non-tranq guns, so I don't know how I would explode the barrel ...

All my augs are destroyed, so they do not help me

Anung

Un Rama
Struggling to find side missions. I want to put off the main missions but the side missions aren't telegraphed very well so I need to do them.

You still get more experience for non-lethal, but not so much that the game pushes you towards stealth. You can play whichever way you want.

Going full combat is still annoying because of how scarce ammo is in the early game, if you hose it around you'll find yourself out of ammo on all your guns pretty quickly.

It helps if you are always going for headshots to earn more XP but even then if you shoot about 10 heads your pistol is now empty. Sigh.

Stoze

You can't shoot them but if you turn them off they stay off. Same with TVs if you get tired of hearing the same Picus news report for the 479th time.

Good enough for me.

Also, can throwing things at people knock them out in this game? In HR with the upgrade they usually die or will occasionally get staggered depending on the type of enemy and what you throw.

Top Bottom