• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Vic_Viper

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=191026

Mouse sensitivity fixes, stair bug fix, Unmark All fix! Fuck yeah!

It's like they are reading this thread lol. The stairs thing was a brought up a few times last night and the X/y stuff was a huge topic in the PC performance thread. Glad to see they are on top of this stuff.

I will be buying this in less than an hours time. So I will ask again.

Is this game worth it and how much better is it compared to HR?

Anyone still on the fence about this game really should give it a go. It's totally worth it even if you didn't play HR. It's a very good game and we don't get a lot of games like it.

KingKong

They really need to rethink the battery system for the next game. It's just needlessly restricting, especially when the game itself is pretty easy without using those augs they try to balance

maybe have recharge stations scattered in appropriate locations (just like the original!), or have it refill automatically when you finish missions or alerts turn off

nOoblet16

They really need to rethink the battery system for the next game. It's just needlessly restricting, especially when the game itself is pretty easy without using those augs they try to balance

maybe have recharge stations scattered in appropriate locations (just like the original!), or have it refill automatically when you finish missions or alerts turn off
Biocells are aplenty in this game.

Ruff

What mission number does this happen? I'm now doing 8 and 9. I might wait before using the subway then. Hopefully there'll be a patch for it in the coming days.

For me It's happening on Mission 12. I hear it can happen anytime after this though. It doesn't affect everyone but no one can seem to work out if its a problem with the side quests or doing them in a certain order- or not doing something, messes something up. But once it does, you're F'd because you literally cannot get to the next story marker. Game ending until fixed.

I never asked for this

CqzPwO_UsAAbvT9.jpg:large

Depends on your play style. For me remote hacking and Icarus dash are the stand out ones.

Remote hacking can disable turrets and robots in seconds plus it can unlock a lot of stuff that you otherwise would miss.
Icarus dash is basically the blink skill from Dishonored. it's great for vertical traversal.

The rest are all combat related and I'm trying to stealth/ghost most encounters so I've not really bothered with them.

Nanoblade is basically a crossbow, plus the charge up is an explosive. Something I think people might enjoy doing is bypassing door hacks by using a charged nanoblade instead.

Focus is combat focused but you could, for instance, turn that on and then tranquilize everyone in the room fairly quickly.

Tesla is a stun user's dream because you can auto-target, Panzer Dragoon style, and hit up to four targets (if upgraded). (I know the game says "hostile" before they go down but it might be just a visual bug? Have to check.) Tesla also can target robots/camera/etc.

Peps has no ammo cost and does knockdowns so you don't have to worry about killing anyone (unless they fall off a ledge?) Also bizarrely is really useful to shoot in a small room or apartment, you can clear away boxes and look for whatever might be hidden underneath.

Vic_Viper

Yea I would have liked a recharge aug that would fill it up all the way slowly so I'm not constantly using biocells, especially late game. I was always waiting for the meter to fill up a bit to do takedowns.

I think it did refill each time I went on the train but I might be wrong about that. They could of had another form of energy bar though like HR had.

Regginator

Is it possible to
free Dusan
with smooth operator and ghost rating?

Yes, I've done this by doing a corner takedown by the woman near the stairs, then I let myself be nearly seen by the interrogator so that he came to my position to investigate, then I did the same corner takedown. Then I waited until the exosuit big man walked towards the stairs, used 1 pistol EMP bullet to stun him, then takedown. Lastly, the one on the computer, she didn't hear all her friends getting the Jensen treatment, so I just sneaked past her and took her down.

Regginator

For me It's happening on Mission 12. I hear it can happen anytime after this though. It doesn't affect everyone but no one can seem to work out if its a problem with the side quests or doing them in a certain order- or not doing something, messes something up. But once it does, you're F'd because you literally cannot get to the next story marker. Game ending until fixed.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make new save files before using the subways from now on.

I never asked for this

WHAT IS THIS

nOoblet16

Depends on your play style. For me remote hacking and Icarus dash are the stand out ones.

Remote hacking can disable turrets and robots in seconds plus it can unlock a lot of stuff that you otherwise would miss.
Icarus dash is basically the blink skill from Dishonored. it's great for vertical traversal.

The rest are all combat related and I'm trying to stealth/ghost most encounters so I've not really bothered with them.
Icarus dash has more uses than blinking though, you can use it during sneaking or combat to quickly dash. And use it to knock enemies out like Mass Effects biotic charge.

Yes, wait until the big guy is away then use tranq on the interrogator then use emp on the big guy and throw a gas grenade, then take out the remaining with your stun pistol/tranq.
Stun pistol actually works on EXO suits, you shoot it then close in to use normal takedown.

Yeah I'm trying to decide between three "shoot out from your arm" augs.
Nanoblade is basically a crossbow, plus the charge up is an explosive. Something I think people might enjoy doing is bypassing door hacks by using a charged nanoblade instead.

Focus is combat focused but you could, for instance, turn that on and then tranquilize everyone in the room fairly quickly.

Tesla is a stun user's dream because you can auto-target, Panzer Dragoon style, and hit up to four targets (if upgraded). (I know the game says "hostile" before they go down but it might be just a visual bug? Have to check.) Tesla also can target robots/camera/etc.

Peps has no ammo cost and does knockdowns so you don't have to worry about killing anyone (unless they fall off a ledge?) Also bizarrely is really useful to shoot in a small room or apartment, you can clear away boxes and look for whatever might be hidden underneath.
thanks

nOoblet16

Tesla charge will say hostile only if you do it from the front...not from back. Plus it doesnt matter as long as there are no alarms.

Besides me discovering the Ubisoft man in this game is anyone having trouble downloading the latest PC patch on steam.

It won't even start for me

Ruff

Besides me discovering the Ubisoft man in this game is anyone having trouble downloading the latest PC patch on steam.

It won't even start for me

Try restarting the client? It updated fine for me in my case. I'm running up and down these stairs like usain bolt now in this little subway I'm trapped in :')

Crap yeah I'd like to know that too. I got the cops to arrest him but all they did was get in a full blown shootout and kill loads of people. I'm hoping that doesn't affect my pacifist run....
I just tried it again and it says "Panic," not anything alarm related. And since we don't actually do the killing, I'd think we'd be okay.

Try restarting the client? It updated fine for me in my case. I'm running up and down these stairs like usain bolt now in this little subway I'm trapped in :')

Nope still not working for me, I'll try verifying the Cache.

Edit: Got it to work, just had to set my download region to Vietnam

Ruff

Nope still not working for me, I'll try verifying the Cache.

Edit: Got it to work, just had to set my download region to Vietnam

People on the steam forums are saying changing their download region to Vietnam made the patch start downloading ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ruff

Thank the machine gods. Hopefully they can sneak it in before the weekend. I really want to continue and i'm literally stuck in the destroyed subway with nothing to do there :D

Yeah, hopefully the get it done today so people aren't stuck there all weekend.

(A little surprised their community manager posted that, because it's usually better to wait until you're absolutely sure you have a working fix and an ETA on release before confirming something like that. Because if QA finds a major issue that pushes it back people will be even more pissed.)

Is Adam Jensen the biggest creep in games? Breaking into houses, stealing stuff, moving stuff, turn on the shower, microwave, oven, TV and read personal e-mails, smh.

Ruff

Yeah, hopefully the get it done today so people aren't stuck there all weekend.

(A little surprised their community manager posted that, because it's usually better to wait until you're absolutely sure you have a working fix and an ETA on release before confirming something like that. Because if QA finds a major issue that pushes it back people will be even more pissed.)

Agreed. Whoever is posting on their steam account in the SCD was very vague about it being "investigated" still, when asked about it not even 15 minutes ago.

Rubezh

What's this subway crash people are talking about? Is it easy to avoid?

It's a late game crash that happens when using the subway. For me I can't get to the first subway station (can't remember the name but it's the one next to Jensen's apartment) so I can't advance the story.

Some people haven't had any problems so you might be fine.

Agreed. Whoever is posting on their steam account in the SCD was very vague about it being "investigated" still, when asked about it when asked not 15 minutes ago.

My guess is the person posting that was probably a dev while the person on Reddit was the Community Manager. Devs typically know that you never, ever promise anything until you're absolutely sure. It just makes people more upset.

Kalor

So in the first side mission (Golden Ticket)
Are you able to find a way to validate the second passport? I searched the validation building and the guards but didn't find anything. The 1/2 in the mission tab made me think it might be possible.

munroe

Speaking of DE1, has anyone played Deus Ex: revision yet? It's free for owners of Deus Ex on Steam

I've not personally played it but there was talk about it because it recently had steam achievements added and it seems that the general consensus is that it isn't very good. Changing level layout, inferior music

Moff

did the jensen story bonus mission

I understand why they do this separately, because it would be way to easy to do this as a god with all augs, and I actually found it very refreshing to do it with a fresh start and do things differently. did everything without hacking and any of the exploration augs and the game plays completely differently, haha.

still, I think it was a mistake to not include it in the main game, it just feels to detached and immersion is important in deus ex. as good as the mission was, it just felt unsatisfying. if they go the same route with the dlc I probably won't bite. I want to be part of this world and continue the story with my character.

Tovarisc

It's like devs put in easy ways to gain credits, but forgot to put in credit sinks. I have almost 77k credits and zero reasons or things to spend any of it on. Even got those praxis kits from vendor in apartment complex, that was 20k which felt like absolutely nothing.

did the jensen story bonus mission

I understand why they do this separately, because it would be way to easy to do this as a god with all augs, and I actually found it very refreshing to do it with a fresh start and do things differently. did everything without hacking and any of the exploration augs and the game plays completely differently, haha.

still, I think it was a mistake to not include it in the main game, it just feels to detached and immersion is important in deus ex. as good as the mission was, it just felt unsatisfying. if they go the same route with the dlc I probably won't bite. I want to be part of this world and continue the story with my character.

Glad to hear the mission was at least good. Definitely weird that they didn't just incorporate it into the main game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Hi guys. Started the game just yesterday and after a flat start I'm starting to like the game as much as the prequel. That said, is Prague the only HUB?

mxgt

Banned
Just spent almost 3 hours exploring every section I could of
the bank.

So many routes, enjoying this more than HR to be honest.

Hi guys. Started the game just yesterday and after a flat start I'm starting to like the game as much as the prequel. That said, is Prague the only HUB?

Prague is the only hub.

The upside of that is that the hub is probably the best one they've ever done.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Prague is the only hub.

The upside of that is that the hub is probably the best one they've ever done.

I actually prefer it this way too. It's already dense and pretty well done, I want to take my time knowing it instead of getting dizzy with hundreds of stuff to do. Well packed little game is always better than a disperse generic mess.

Ruff

This game is probably the best example of concept art being realized in game. So many places with cool abstract aesthetics, light displays or set pieces in the hub alone.

Top Bottom