• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Wierd. I didn't kill anyone in the game and I didn't get the pacifist achievement. Do bots count as kills?
I did activate the turret on the final boss fight and it shot down one of the drones.

Also I enjoyed this, much more than Human Revolution. The fears at least for me were unfounded. The story was nice, wrapped up in a decent place and I got a good 40 or so hours out of the game.

BeeDog

Amazing game so far, but I assume I'm still quite early in the game (exploring the next Prague district after the first one). Love how multi-layered all the areas are so far. Don't really care much about the scope of the story (so far it seems much smaller-scaled than HR) so if the game keeps up the level/gameplay quality throughout, this will be a serious contender for GOTY.

Tovarisc

Wierd. I didn't kill anyone in the game and I didn't get the pacifist achievement. Do bots count as kills?
I did activate the turret on the final boss fight and it shot down one of the drones.

Also I enjoyed this, much more than Human Revolution. The fears at least for me were unfounded. The story was nice, wrapped up in a decent place and I got a good 40 or so hours out of the game.

Most likely someone who you knocked out bugged and ended up as dead. Happens at times, especially if NPC model clips into anything even little. I checked every NPC I knocked out to avoid this, had some die so reloaded save etc.

Amazing game so far, but I assume I'm still quite early in the game (exploring the next Prague district after the first one). Love how multi-layered all the areas are so far. Don't really care much about the scope of the story (so far it seems much smaller-scaled than HR) so if the game keeps up the level/gameplay quality throughout, this will be a serious contender for GOTY.

Smaller scope in sense you don't race around the globe, but in sense what story aims to do I wouldn't say it's smaller. You just need to play through it and look up additional info from PC's etc. to get picture what they are doing with MD story.

Credits cut-scene not surprising in the slightest.

Most likely someone who you knocked out bugged and ended up as dead. Happens at times, especially if NPC model clips into anything even little. I checked every NPC I knocked out to avoid this, had some die so reloaded save etc.

Smaller scope in sense you don't race around the globe, but in sense what story aims to do I wouldn't say it's smaller. You just need to play through it and look up additional info from PC's etc. to get picture what they are doing with MD story.

Ehh whatever, I don't care too much I'm on PC so they're just fun little extras for challenges. I know I did it and that's what matters. As for story definitely. I'm an explorer so I do every little thing and glean as much info as possible for threads relating to in game events. There's plenty of them, and the side quests sometimes overlap quite nicely. I really enjoyed this game.

Glass

So the end of the Vince Black quest

Did the wife who I gave the train ticket too double cross Vince? I read the pocket secretary under Vince and it says how she's very good at making a man feel loved and trusted.

So the end of the Vince Black quest

Did the wife who I gave the train ticket too double cross Vince? I read the pocket secretary under Vince and it says how she's very good at making a man feel loved and trusted.

I'm not sure but there's another Pocket Secretary
on the washing machine in the back of the room where you find the body. They're both tangentially linked to the situation did you read that one as well? Seems weird that she would go to the meeting spot etc. if she knew Vince was dead though. Maybe she let something slip, not intentional and didn't know he was dead.

Is there any way to avoid the alarm trigger in the
GARM facility?

AFAIK from a friend who was playing at the same time as me it seems linked to
Whether you call Miller or Vega. I called Vega and no alarm. I won't tell you more than that as I'd be spoiling story stuff for you, but yea.

Tovarisc

Credits cut-scene not surprising in the slightest.

Ehh whatever, I don't care too much I'm on PC so they're just fun little extras for challenges. I know I did it and that's what matters. As for story definitely. I'm an explorer so I do every little thing and glean as much info as possible for threads relating to in game events. There's plenty of them, and the side quests sometimes overlap quite nicely. I really enjoyed this game.

Combine mid-credits cutscene with stuff talked and found in Sarif side mission and you get a lot interesting questions. Also take that memory implant thing from Harvester stuff. See where I'm going with this?

Is there any way to avoid the alarm trigger in the
GARM facility?

Yes, don't get caught. Not sure what else to say. afaik there isn't scripted alarms in the game.

Darak

The game is decent, but it was released way too early.

I progressed up to main mission 14 and now the game won't load half the level (the geometry is missing and you fall through the floor), so I'm unable to progress. All my save games are affected, and rebooting the game doesn't fix the issue :(

5QOT2U.jpg

Combine mid-credits cutscene with stuff talked and found in Sarif side mission and you get a lot interesting questions. Also take that memory implant thing from Harvester stuff. See where I'm going with this?

Yes, don't get caught. Not sure what else to say. afaik there isn't scripted alarms in the game.

Oh yea I definitely see it, I'm really excited for the next part. Hopefully it's a shorter wait, they already have a lot of the systems in place they need. I mean they basically have since HR. I could see a new DE game happening in two years or so.

Edit: Also nevermind, I got all the achievements for pacifist etc after the credits were over.

MrBS

20 hours in and probably only one hour of that doing the main story missions. The vast majority of my time has been spent in the first hub city picking clean all the buildings and doing the handful of side missions. I'm almost done every thing but I discovered there is a pocket on the map I haven't explored yet. Already crazy OP with hacking augs and have 57K credits and nothing to spend it on.

Also I'm quite certain I have fucked myself over for the pacifist achievement but I'm not starting the game again now!

kpaadet

They get suspicious and if you run out of energy or take cover then they will come to you because they'll follow your footsteps to your cover, plus once they are suspicious it's very easy for them to turn hostile. They also break their patrol pattern if they are suspicious.

Using silent footsteps you can run jump etc without making them suspicious at all.
I still think silent footsteps is one of the most useless augs, of course they will come after you if you run out of battery but that is not different than with silent footstep (no battery no cloak or silent footsteps). As long as you find cover before your battery runs out you'll be fine, they will get suspicious but guards in MD are not very threading even in search mode. Sure they will walk towards the sound you make but they are slow and not very thorough. And patrol patterns don't really matter much if you're invisible.

Window

I didn't get caught and the general alert triggered regardless as I moved to the second hangar. Thus me asking if it was scripted. So supposedly it depends on
whom you choose to contact when you recover.

nOoblet16

I still think silent footsteps is one of the most useless augs, of course they will come after you if you run out of battery but that is not different than with silent footstep (no battery no cloak or silent footsteps). As long as you find cover before your battery runs out you'll be fine, they will get suspicious but guards in MD are not very threading even in search mode. Sure they will walk towards the sound you make but they are slow and not very thorough. And patrol patterns don't really matter much if you're invisible.
I mean they will come after you even if you are just invisible. They will follow the footsteps, once that happens that's when their patrol pattern are changed and you are also out of energy at that time for a while.

Pehesse

I must be completely blind. Which aug let's you walk through electricity Unharmed?

I believe it's part of the basic armor augment, on the bottom row. Not sure if it completely negates damage as I didn't take it, but it should at least mitigate some, especially the visual feedback (from EMP, too).

exoddus21

Neo Member
I must be completely blind. Which aug let's you walk through electricity Unharmed?
In the Rhyno Dermal Armor Aug branch. It is difficult to spot at first, but it was the same in HR.

Personally, I haven't needed it yet, in most situations you can place two boxes, jump on one and move the other in front of you until you get to the breaker.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just came back from
Golem City
, I hope the story will move into the next gear soon because sheesh, it's not particularly interesting in the slightest.

The sidemission about
Adam's mystery augments
alone is infinitely more interesting than the main narrative so far.

Tovarisc

Just came back from
Golem City
, I hope the story will move into the next gear soon because sheesh, it's not particularly interesting in the slightest.

The sidemission about
Adam's mystery augments
alone is infinitely more interesting than the main narrative so far.

Good that you find that SM interesting...

purg3

slept with Malkin
So can you keep traveling around the different sections? Like is there a point where the game tells you that you can't go back to a particular section(s)?

Tovarisc

So can you keep traveling around the different sections? Like is there a point where the game tells you that you can't go back to a particular section(s)?

You can't
return to areas that are outside of Prague. Within Prague nothing gets cut off.

Either the shopkeeper dialogue in this game is bugged or they're the most forgetful and rude shopkeepers around.

They are just assholes that can't restock for shit.

Giran

Did anyone pick Vega at the start of the GRAM mission? Do you still get
a scripted alarm going off as you're going through the level?

I got Pacifist but I didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds and that's the only time I heard alarms in this game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ive been playing it on the middle difficulty for a few hours and noticed its incredibly easy, moving it up tonight, question is does this make it much more difficult? Im starting to get the feeling its relatively easy to exploit the mechanics using stealth and certain augs.

Tacitus_

Ive been playing it on the middle difficulty for a few hours and noticed its incredibly easy, moving it up tonight, question is does this make it much more difficult? Im starting to get the feeling its relatively easy to exploit the mechanics using stealth and certain augs.

If you get caught, you die in seconds without armor augs but it's really not that difficult. Just watch your surroundings.

After being in a funk when it came to playing video games, this is one of the first games in a long time where I spent almost a whole day playing it. Having a ton of fun with this!

After being in a funk when it came to playing video games, this is one of the first games in a long time where I spent almost a whole day playing it. Having a ton of fun with this!

I've would have played further too, but the subway glitch is annoying.
And the game is pretty addicting I must admit.

Phionoxx

Just started playing this. On the PS4, is there a way to switch/cycle weapons without having to open the circular menu?

Yup there is. Hold Square + Quickly press R2 to cycle back to previous weapon. There are actually a lot of useful button combos like that with a controller.

(Briefly hold) Square + L2 holsters weapon, Square + L1 changes ammo type used, and Square + R1 changes grenade type equipped. Think it's an early tool tip that pops up during the tutorial but otherwise the shortcuts are buried away in the menu.

Window

Anybody else find the apartment with the automated security message and gas trap
above Tubehouse Electronics?
. I've spent over 30 hrs in the game but still continue to be amazed at these new discoveries and little stories. Prague is dense.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
This is the first place I found a tranq rifle, a little room you enter via a window on your way up to ARC headquarters (the area with the big lift). I picked the stun gun to start the game with.

I'm only about 10 hours in and am taking my sweet time. I am really enjoying it.

Welp, got the elevator crash when returning to the TF29 base for main mission 5. Playing on PS4. Tried everything - deleting and reinstalling the game data, rebuilding database. Game keeps crashing no matter what. Don't know what the fuck to do.

Vuze

Did anyone pick Vega at the start of the GRAM mission? Do you still get
a scripted alarm going off as you're going through the level?

I got Pacifist but I didn't get Foxiest of the Hounds and that's the only time I heard alarms in this game.
I picked Vega and didn't get a scripted alarm (but triggered one myself).
Great mission btw, liked the facility design.

spyder_ur

I really hate the inventory restrictions. It's not fun to have upgraded all the way and still not be able to pick up and try a new gun because you don't have space.

I really hate the inventory restrictions. It's not fun to have upgraded all the way and still not be able to pick up and try a new gun because you don't have space.

I don't think it's unreasonable that you can't carry every gun in the game at once. The whole point is choice and specialization. It makes no sense to have a tranq rifle and a sniper rifle for example.

Inventory space is very forgiving. Playing stealth/pacifist I never once had to drop anything to make room.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Holy fuck the world design, art design and just attention to detail here is astounding. My jaw is on the floor just exploring Prague. Amazing.

I can see this being my GoTY.

JawzPause

Loading times on trains is a bit annoying :/
For some reason i thought long loading times would be a thing of the past this gen but i guess i was wrong

Top Bottom