• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

ISee

Yep. Detective Jensen is the game at its best. I wish the whole thing was just a crime noir and forgot the nonsense broader story/conspiracy which never amounts to anything in the end anyways.

Did every SM so far... where can I find this one?
(It's my
second time in Prague, right after Golem City
)

Tovarisc

I liked that 0010111 or whatever sidequest the 2nd time you visit Prague. Nice major plot twist near the end. Suck that this is probably the last time you will hear about "that" in this game I guess.

Are Eidos planning to do a "Mass Effect" with this game? Where the sequel will transfer some decisions from the prevous game?

Its not.

Yeah. In AMA devs mentioned that for MD they made systems to track player choices so they can bring them over to next game, if it happens.

Yep. Detective Jensen is the game at its best. I wish the whole thing was just a crime noir and forgot the nonsense broader story/conspiracy which never amounts to anything in the end anyways.

Someone didn't pay attention during their playthrough :/

(It's my
)

Next to apartment complex where Adam lives.

I liked that 0010111 or whatever sidequest the 2nd time you visit Prague. Nice major plot twist near the end. Suck that this is probably the last time you will hear about "that" in this game I guess.

Story question about this quest (spoilers):

How did Eliza get part of her consciousness downloaded to an ancient floppy disk? That part made no sense to me.

Tacitus_

Are Eidos planning to do a "Mass Effect" with this game? Where the sequel will transfer some decisions from the prevous game?

I wonder if the "help" I got from that ruined my Foxiest of the Hounds. I don't think I got any attention outside of that.

Well since this is a prequel, we know that the Illuminati/Bob Page wins.

(It's my
)
The woman from TF29 will call you and tell you there has been a murder near your apartment. Look for police activity/yellow crime tape very close to the apartment.

Tovarisc

I wonder if the "help" I got from that ruined my Foxiest of the Hounds. I don't think I got any attention outside of that.

Ohhhh shit.... I hope it isn't what fucked my run.

Not sure how that would work with NG+ , since you can make diff choices the 2nd time around.

Witcher 3 style? What ever end state save you have in right folder gets used.

Well since this is a prequel, we know that the Illuminati/Bob Page wins.

And? Also do they win or just survive to fight another day?

Nice condescension. I've played through the game fully twice and I'm part way through another while I find all the eBooks. I paid plenty attention I just don't care at all for any of the broader story in this game, the way it's told, the characters involved or the ending that is clearly just setting you up for the next game.

I'm happy for you if you enjoyed it but just because I didn't doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention. It's mediocre, standard fare video game writing at best which makes it pretty poor when compared to any other medium.

It's too bad because I think the side writing is actually compelling and fitting for the character and the setting. The second visit to Prague in particular is very strong.

Tovarisc

Nice condescension. I've played through the game fully twice and I'm part way through another while I find all the eBooks. I paid plenty attention I just don't care at all for any of the broader story in this game, the way it's told, the characters involved or the ending that is clearly just setting you up for the next game.

I'm happy for you if you enjoyed it but just because I didn't doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention. It's mediocre, standard fare video game writing at best which makes it pretty poor when compared to any other medium.

It's too bad because I think the side writing is actually compelling and fitting for the character and the setting. The second visit to Prague in particular is very strong.

Writing maybe isn't best out there, but to say that story doesn't amount to anything at the end is little odd imo. Especially if one actually pays attention and looks to sides too and not just ahead. I think MD being middle chapter was quite obvious from get go with its focus on solving train bombing. Your "normal" DX stuff with possible conspiracies and such weren't so big focus and like you said, setups next installment

I think it's what MD sets out to do and manages to do quite well even if writing isn't stellar and certain things are very guessable from get go.

Tacitus_

And? Also do they win or just survive to fight another day?

Win. Page dissolves / takes over the Illuminati. His Majestic Twelve directly controls UNATCO and France and everyone else indirectly with the Gray Death, a nanite plague that is only manageable with the drug Versalife produces. They also produce said plague. MJ12 also inherited control of the Internet from the Illuminati and has an AI hunting through it for anything that could threaten them.

BadHand

I'm on PS4 and I've just realized I've not been auto saving for over 3 hours. It says Save unavailable and nothing I do can change that.

Fast travelling and going in/out of the hub areas and it's still locked up.

Is there a fix for this?

Jeffrey

Hmm wonder if electricity counts as a kill. Accidentally did that for that one cop in golem city to get the key card off of him.

Tovarisc

Win. Page dissolves / takes over the Illuminati. His Majestic Twelve directly controls UNATCO and France and everyone else indirectly with the Gray Death, a nanite plague that is only manageable with the drug Versalife produces. They also produce said plague. MJ12 also inherited control of the Internet from the Illuminati and has an AI hunting through it for anything that could threaten them.

Yeah, in 2052. If we assume it's all smooth sailing for Page from now to then then why to bother to do any prequels? Baddies win anyways and good guys can't do anything to hinder their plans, pack it up boys! Hyperbolic sure, but my point is that maybe his rise to power at that level wasn't so smooth and people like Adam hindered him and Illuminati.

If people approach prequels as "Well, Page wins anyways" then there literally is no point in telling any pre-2052 stories from Deus Ex universe. None of those stories amount for anything at the end.

chrixter

The side stories in this game are so much more interesting than the main plot of the game. Hell, a single room in
Golem City
contained a more compelling story than the main plot so far.

You walk into a small apartment room and find a man and two women already dead, apparently shot and murdered. On a laptop is an email informing the wife that she's pregnant, and that she'll have to leave Golem City if she wants to keep it. There's a pocket secretary next to the dead husband with a message telling his brother that he can't bring another child into the world and that this is the last time he'll ever be heard from. On the floor next to him is a 10mm pistol...

Tacitus_

Yeah, in 2052. If we assume it's all smooth sailing for Page from now to then then why to bother to do any prequels? Baddies win anyways and good guys can't do anything to hinder their plans, pack it up boys! Hyperbolic sure, but my point is that maybe his rise to power at that level wasn't so smooth and people like Adam hindered him and Illuminati.

If people approach prequels as "Well, Page wins anyways" then there literally is no point in telling any pre-2052 stories from Deus Ex universe. None of those stories amount for anything at the end.

Well, it is pointless in the long run, but that won't stop us from being a thorn in their side!

Hmm wonder if electricity counts as a kill. Accidentally did that for that one cop in golem city to get the key card off of him.

If they died, it counts.

Quick Question. I'm a bit later in the game and I'm at a point where I have to choose
Allison or the bank
. I'm assuming there's no way to do both and I need to choose one? Does not choosing the former lead to any later consequences?

Tacitus_

Quick Question. I'm a bit later in the game and I'm at a point where I have to choose
Allison or the bank
. I'm assuming there's no way to do both and I need to choose one? Does not choosing the former lead to any later consequences?

Yes, you need to choose. There will be consequences.

vivftp

Absolutely HUGE Deus Ex fan and I've been putting in at least 12 hours a day on this since launch :) I'm taking my time completely scouring the environments for every last drop of loot, info and XP. I'm up to M8/M9 and SM 05. So far I hope I'm doing a decent job. I've got over 105,000 credits in reserve and total 111,820 XP.

I wish I could read this thread, but I don't want to be possibly spoiled by anything. I do, however, have a question I figured I'd ask that wouldn't be too spoilery for me. It concerns Side Mission 05:

I've already retrieved the dirt on Picus for the water contamination and airline incidents. I'm curious if there's a third piece of dirt to dig up somewhere. I've scoured the building pretty thoroughly, but can't find anything.

I'm curious because when I only had 1 piece of news and went back, K asked if there was anything else. This led me to believe I missed something, and that's when I found the second piece of news. I went back and he still asks if there's anything else, to which my character shakes his head. Let me know if I missed something please.

Acorn

Absolutely HUGE Deus Ex fan and I've been putting in at least 12 hours a day on this since launch :) I'm taking my time completely scouring the environments for every last drop of loot, info and XP. I'm up to M8/M9 and SM 05. So far I hope I'm doing a decent job. I've got over 105,000 credits in reserve and total 111,820 XP.

I wish I could read this thread, but I don't want to be possibly spoiled by anything. I do, however, have a question I figured I'd ask that wouldn't be too spoilery for me. It concerns Side Mission 05:

I've already retrieved the dirt on Picus for the water contamination and airline incidents. I'm curious if there's a third piece of dirt to dig up somewhere. I've scoured the building pretty thoroughly, but can't find anything.

I'm curious because when I only had 1 piece of news and went back, K asked if there was anything else. This led me to believe I missed something, and that's when I found the second piece of news. I went back and he still asks if there's anything else, to which my character shakes his head. Let me know if I missed something please.
100k credits holy shit! How!?

Tovarisc

Later on you will come across SM about which you can talk to K after doing it, that SM clearly connects to Picus.

Rektash

Hmm, I bought the game earlier today (PC) and played for a couple of hours:

The game has been crashing constantly for me - as in it crashes about every 30 minutes or so. Pretty annoying honestly and not exactly what I expected from this. Pretty sure it's not my hardware as I haven't had any problems like this in any other games.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
anyone know how to fix this glitch? it's been stuck on my screen since i tried the shooting range:

MOhymYv.jpg

Oublieux

It does count as a kill. Checked the body of an electrocuted guard and the icon that popped up was a skull indicating death.

TheYanger

The game is decent, but it was released way too early.

I progressed up to main mission 14 and now the game won't load half the level (the geometry is missing and you fall through the floor), so I'm unable to progress. All my save games are affected, and rebooting the game doesn't fix the issue :(

5QOT2U.jpg

You probably got something corrupted. reinstall

Agree to disagree I guess. I hardly have every gun (in fact just 4), and I'm in the middle area mission and couldn't pick up the battle rifle, just no way to make space. I think part of the issue is the multiple ammo types and the way that everything takes up space.

Again, I hardly have everything. I don't find it forgiving at all. Part of an RPG and a shooter is being able to experiment a little bit. It's a bit frustrating to me that I can't do that, and haven't really been for the length of my playtime thus far.

Crafting parts and hack items shouldn't take up space, IMO.
FOUR guns is a fucking lot. I carried that many and I expected ti to take a lot of room. Also you don't need every type of ammo for every gun. You don't need beer. You don't need 8 types of grenades. If you REALLY want another gun, choose something to drop. Not sure what to tell you beyond that, you're not supposed to walk around with literally everything.

Staf

Also thank fuck for the conversation system in this game. Love that it actually shows what Jensen will say when i hover over an option instead of the obtuse way Fallout 4/Bioware games does it. Unlike when playing the latter games i've had zero reloads due to the dialogue system so far, huzzah!

jrcbandit

Hmm, I bought the game earlier today (PC) and played for a couple of hours:

The game has been crashing constantly for me - as in it crashes about every 30 minutes or so. Pretty annoying honestly and not exactly what I expected from this. Pretty sure it's not my hardware as I haven't had any problems like this in any other games.
Update to latest drivers, make sure memory intensive programs like chrome are closed, try turning off the overclock to your video card and CPU. My graphic card memory overclock had to be lowered by 125.

vivftp

100k credits holy shit! How!?

Collect everything, and do frequent trips to the vendors to sell. I'd actually have about 40 - 50k more credits if I sold off some of the other stuff I'm hoarding.

I made the most cash in
Golem City
by going back and forth several times. There were tons of various guns laying around after I cleaned out the place so I would load up on one of each gun, run to the vendor to sell, run back and repeat.

I'd have more cash if I held to that pattern more often, but I had to draw the line at some point so that I'd actually move on. In total I spent 16 hours straight running around
Golem
doing that stuff above and exploring everywhere I could.

Also, I gotta say I love where they've hidden some Praxis kits in this game. It really rewards those who take the extra time to search every nook and cranny. Gives me a real sense of accomplishment and validates the extra time I'm spending on exploring.

vivftp

LOL!

Wow I don't pay attention. I was in the inventory menu and finally noticed the STORAGE option off to the side with a bunch of gear in there, including credits and a praxis kit! Where da hell did this stuff come from? Pre order bonus? It doesn't appear that I can place things in storage though...

For those who have played a decent amount, would you recommend I go in fairly blind for the best experience, or would following a basic guide help to prevent me from missing a lot of side quests and cool content?

Tovarisc

LOL!

Wow I don't pay attention. I was in the inventory menu and finally noticed the STORAGE option off to the side with a bunch of gear in there, including credits and a praxis kit! Where da hell did this stuff come from? Pre order bonus? It doesn't appear that I can place things in storage though...

Adam's apartment has stash that is persistent, just need find it ;)

For those who have played a decent amount, would you recommend I go in fairly blind for the best experience, or would following a basic guide help to prevent me from missing a lot of side quests and cool content be advisable?

Go in blind and explore and experience. You will walk into most if not all side stuff by doing that!

vivftp

For those who have played a decent amount, would you recommend I go in fairly blind for the best experience, or would following a basic guide help to prevent me from missing a lot of side quests and cool content be advisable?

I honestly don't know how far I've gone in the game, but I've played every Deus Ex game to date and I can say without a doubt that going in blind is the best way. Take your time, look around and enjoy yourself. Even if somehow you miss something, catch it on the next run through :)

At the very least save going through any guides until after the first run.

nOoblet16

Also thank fuck for the conversation system in this game. Love that it actually shows what Jensen will say when i hover over an option instead of the obtuse way Fallout 4/Bioware games does it. Unlike when playing the latter games i've had zero reloads due to the dialogue system so far, huzzah!
Yea I hate it in Bioware games as well as Fallout 4. I need to know exactly what he will say so that I can get the meaning and connotation. Not just the "feel"

vivftp

Adam's apartment has stash that is persistent, just need find it ;)

Yeah, found that immediately. I'm just laughing cause I've spent loads of time in the inventory menu and never noticed the big STORAGE option to the left side with all this extra stuff.

Tovarisc

can someone tell me what sidequests fail
when going to get rucker

Basically any that you are yet to finish off or even find.
Mystery Aug one will continue after that bit tho and won't fail.

Yeah, found that immediately. I'm just laughing cause I've spent loads of time in the inventory menu and never noticed the big STORAGE option to the left side with all this extra stuff.

Took 20 or so hours for me to notice it too :D afaik it's only for pre-order / DLC items.

Go in blind and explore and experience. You will walk into most if not all side stuff by doing that!

I honestly don't know how far I've gone in the game, but I've played every Deus Ex game to date and I can say without a doubt that going in blind is the best way. Take your time, look around and enjoy yourself. Even if somehow you miss something, catch it on the next run through :)

At the very least save going through any guides until after the first run.

Thank you both, that sounds like good advice. My gaming OCD tends to make it hard for me to play RPGs blind, but I need to get over that. And you're right, I can always worry about that stuff on a second play through.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
SM01 (
The Golden Ticket
question:
Uh, how do I validate the permits? I've infiltrated the permit office and am standing in the room where the objective marker was pointing but there's nothing to do. There's a computer, but all it lets me do is turn on and off some cameras. I'm very puzzled.

Tovarisc

SM01 (
The Golden Ticket
question:
Uh, how do I validate the permits? I've infiltrated the permit office and am standing in the room where the objective marker was pointing but there's nothing to do. There's a computer, but all it lets me do is turn on and off some cameras. I'm very puzzled.

Not only cameras ;)

Top Bottom