• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

SkylineRKR

That environmental aug is near useless. I mostly rushed through hazards and survived. Others you can disable or use containers. But I guess that can be said of other augs as well. You can probably do without high jump as well if you're into stacking. I find that tedious though. Jumping is far more frequent than electricity walkways though, so high jump is probably a better investment.

Hazard protection might be useful in firefights though, as enemies throw EMP etc.

I do love Icarus landing a lot. Stylish and It made me say fuck you to sewer ladders and its how I exit my apartment. It also makes at least one escape section trivial
Dvali Theater mob boss computer which unlocks a hidden emergency exit.

Still have to use it to beat guards from above that will come in my current loud playthrough.

painey

does anyone have a good eBook collectible guide? I've picked up so many, but you can't see from where in your menu, just the actual book, so finding the ones I've missed is impossible.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Loading times on trains is a bit annoying :/
For some reason i thought long loading times would be a thing of the past this gen but i guess i was wrong

Totally agree, I thought once it loaded an area once I'd be good but it loads every single time I visit an area over again. This makes doing side missions a pain in the ass but not a big enough flaw to impact the game.

I love exploring this world but it does feel incredibly obvious I'm in a video game. It doesn't help that I don't eagerly buy the idea that cyborgs would be discriminated against like this--and whenever someone hates on me the dialogue just feels too predictable. The ending to the dravonir mission was weird. The rogue journalists in the sewer thing feels hamfisted.

nOoblet16

I really hate the inventory restrictions. It's not fun to have upgraded all the way and still not be able to pick up and try a new gun because you don't have space.
So drop something? It's unreasonable to expect to be able to carry everything in an RPG.

Inventory space here is so forgiving, you get tons of blocks plus same objects occupy same slot and stack up instead golf multiple.

spyder_ur

I don't think it's unreasonable that you can't carry every gun in the game at once. The whole point is choice and specialization. It makes no sense to have a tranq rifle and a sniper rifle for example.

Inventory space is very forgiving. Playing stealth/pacifist I never once had to drop anything to make room.

Agree to disagree I guess. I hardly have every gun (in fact just 4), and I'm in the middle area mission and couldn't pick up the battle rifle, just no way to make space. I think part of the issue is the multiple ammo types and the way that everything takes up space.

So drop something? It's unreasonable to expect to be able to carry everything in an RPG.

Inventory space here is so forgiving, you get tons of blocks plus same objects occupy same slot and stack up instead golf multiple.

Again, I hardly have everything. I don't find it forgiving at all. Part of an RPG and a shooter is being able to experiment a little bit. It's a bit frustrating to me that I can't do that, and haven't really been for the length of my playtime thus far.

Crafting parts and hack items shouldn't take up space, IMO.

Tovarisc

Agree to disagree I guess. I hardly have every gun (in fact just 4), and I'm in the middle area mission and couldn't pick up the battle rifle, just no way to make space. I think part of the issue is the multiple ammo types and the way that everything takes up space.

4 is a lot in HR / MD because everything outside of sidearms are large. Also like you said ammo takes space, especially if you just need to have every variation for every weapon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love exploring this world but it does feel incredibly obvious I'm in a video game. It doesn't help that I don't eagerly buy the idea that cyborgs would be discriminated against like this--and whenever someone hates on me the dialogue just feels too predictable. The ending to the dravonir mission was weird. The rogue journalists in the sewer thing feels hamfisted.

The whole games storyline and characters feels incredibly hamfisted to me.

Again, I hardly have everything. I don't find it forgiving at all. Part of an RPG and a shooter is being able to experiment a little bit. It's a bit frustrating to me that I can't do that, and haven't really been for the length of my playtime thus far.

Have you not upgraded your inventory space?

spyder_ur

4 is a lot in HR / MD because everything outside of sidearms are large. Also like you said ammo takes space, especially if you just need to have every variation for every weapon.

I guess - I just don't like feeling actively disincentivized to try another gun.

Have you not upgraded your inventory space?

Maxed it. First augs I bought actually.

Generally I just feel that every minute I spend having to manage my inventory is time I'm not spending exploring the city. I generally feel this way in any game that's heavy on inventory management, though.

SJRB

Gold Member
Neon nights question:
Where do you get the pass for the rave? Or where can i get in without it?

By far the most obtuse mission in the game.

You need to order a clean-up via the home computer in the trashed apartment with the dead Neon junkie.

When you get back after a while, the place will be cleaned and on the bed will be a towel shaped like a Swan. In there is the keycard.

It doesn't help that I don't eagerly buy the idea that cyborgs would be discriminated against like this--and whenever someone hates on me the dialogue just feels too predictable.

Did you play Human Revolution? That very clearly setup why the augmented hatred exists. After the events at the end of that game I don't see how it could have been otherwise.

Window

I think the CASIE augment for me maybe bugged? I don't seem to be getting a psychological profile at all for
Dr.Cipra

It's really not that bad. I did all those steps by just exploring. In fact that's how I ran into the quest in the first place.

nOoblet16

That's the thing about Deus Ex...it doesn't give a fuck about feeling gamey. You basically use real world solutions in a video game world.

Anyways about the discriminations...honestly it's all in there, the only way you wouldn't buy it is if you have a preconceived notion of what augs would be like in real life. In the game's universe there is a logical reasoning for this, in HR augs were popular and commonplace it was viewed as a way to better yourself yet there were people who were wary but they kept a low voice... until the aug incident. 50 million people died in that incident in a single day, solely because augs went out of control.

But most important of all you have to keep in mind that this extreme segregation is only in Prague, which happens to be the densest city in terms of aug population. This segregation does not exist elsewhere because the rest of the world is actually watching Prague while they practice it. Which is why you have that UN resolution which if passed will make segregation global rather than just Prague.

nOoblet16

You need to order a clean-up via the home computer in the trashed apartment with the dead Neon junkie.

When you get back after a while, the place will be cleaned and on the bed will be a towel shaped like a Swan. In there is the keycard.
It's not like that's the only way to get into the rave. There are like three other methods to do it.

And I am pretty damn sure you can also just shoot the door to blow it open which would make it 4...in addition to getting the card.

Cheers. I didn't do that on purpose as i didn't want anyone showing up.

*sigh*

Now i need to find the apartment again.

nOoblet16

How is an inventory like this not forgiving?

H9xzIeGh.jpg

If you find that unforgiving then I don't know how you manage in other RPGs. Similar items don't even take multiple slots. In fact I could probably get 2 more slots bringing my free slots to 3 if I used the DLC tranquilliser weapon. And if I discard the attachments which are incompatible with all my guns, and use my mine templates which would leave me with 8 free slots..enough for another big gun.

Tacitus_

It's really not that obtuse. Always read emails.

That's the thing about Deus Ex...it doesn't give a fuck about feeling gamey. You basically use real world solutions in a video game world.

Anyways about the discriminations...honestly it's all in there, the only way you wouldn't buy it is if you have a preconceived notion of what augs would be like in real life. In the game's universe there is a logical reasoning for this, in HR augs were popular and commonplace it was viewed as a way to better yourself yet there were people who were wary but they kept a low voice... until the aug incident. 50 million people died in that incident solely because augs went out of control.

But most important of all you have to keep in mind that this extreme segregation is only in Prague, which happens to be the densest city in terms of aug population. This segregation does not exist elsewhere because the rest of the world is actually watching Prague while they practice it. Which is why you have that UN resolution which if passed will make segregation global rather than just Prague.

I think MD never really manages to illustrate, just how big of a catastrophe that event really was. I mean yeah, they talk about it, but it would've helped to include some retrospectives in the intro, or during an early scene via the TV Broadcasts.

Window

Did you manually activate it when prompted to?

I didn't see a prompt pop up. I get the whole alpha/beta/omega info bar only at the very last conversation branch. Nothing before that except some pop ups on heart rate and stability. Unless that's how it works now I guess.

Tovarisc

I didn't see a prompt pop up. I get the whole alpha/beta/omega info bar only at the very last conversation branch. Nothing before that except some pop ups on heart rate and stability. Unless that's how it works now I guess.

During that branch you get QTE-ish moment where you have choose how to react to what he is saying. Making right choice gives you what you want out of conversation.

Staf

Man, there's a murder/detective side-quest that's so damn awesome. It's really fun puzzling things together and the story surrounding it is awesome. Miles better than the main story.

Did you play Human Revolution? That very clearly setup why the augmented hatred exists. After the events at the end of that game I don't see how it could have been otherwise.

Never finished it.

It doesn't help that the idea of the aug incident itself seems like a contrivance to me, but partially because I didn't play through it.

Window

During that branch you get QTE-ish moment where you have choose how to react to what he is saying. Making right choice gives you what you want out of conversation.

I see thanks.

Welp looks like I've run into the train station bug. Guess I'll hold off playing till a patch is out. So far though I've found the game to be very impressive on all fronts. The narrative lacks the propulsion and personal stakes found in the previous games but is serviceable enough to create interesting situations and worlds. The game looks and sounds wonderful. I see the shift in the tone as an effort to bridge the wide gap between HR and the original, eschewing the use of the Blade Runner-esque 80s cyberpunk (as in HR) in favour of the 90s aesthetic (combined with modern visions of the genre of course).

spyder_ur

Man, there's a murder/detective side-quest that's so damn awesome. It's really fun puzzling things together and the story surrounding it is awesome. Miles better than the main story.

I'm not done with the game, but in general I think the side mission stuff has been way better and more interesting than the main story missions. They did a really good job with those.

nOoblet16

Never finished it.

It doesn't help that the idea of the aug incident itself seems like a contrivance to me, but partially because I didn't play through it.
I can see that viewpoint if you never had the conversation with Hugh Darrow. But that's pretty much the reason why you feel it's contrived anyways.

Window

Someone on the team seems like a True Detective fan I think as you can find the name Nick Pizzolatto on a wall/whiteboard somewhere in the TF29 headquarters.

I'm still at the beginning of the game doing some side missions and I'll say that this game has the potential to be my GOTY if it keeps going the way it is going. Really enjoying the gameplay.

Staf

Fucking hell, the sidequest
The last harvest
, while not done with it yet is straight up Witcher 3 sidequest quality. Well done Eidos!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Or, smash through the wall to the left of the door, and enter the vent

Tovarisc

Fucking hell, the sidequest
The last harvest
, while not done with it yet is straight up Witcher 3 sidequest quality. Well done Eidos!

Yeah, that side quest thread maybe best in the MD. Some dark stuff. I also liked Mystery Aug one.

Ambitious

Found an Elite Edition of the Combat Rifle in my storage. That's probably one of the Day One edition items, I guess? Anyhow, the weapon description says it's an improvement over the regular model, but its stats are actually worse. How come?

ISee

The 'open world hub' (aka Prague) is great. I really enjoy they city so far. Every street is recognizable and feels unique. I barely need the map anymore. That's good 'world' design and proves that a huge map doesn't add anything significant. DXMD world may be smaller than let's say the world in an assassins creed game, but the city and exploration feels a lot better!

It also looks great!

Prague by night 1
Prague by night 2

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I liked that 0010111 or whatever sidequest the 2nd time you visit Prague. Nice major plot twist near the end. Suck that this is probably the last time you will hear about "that" in this game I guess.

But it's too easy to miss. So many people are not going to see this one.

Are Eidos planning to do a "Mass Effect" with this game? Where the sequel will transfer some decisions from the prevous game?

Yep. Detective Jensen is the game at its best. I wish the whole thing was just a crime noir and forgot the nonsense broader story/conspiracy which never amounts to anything in the end anyways.

Top Bottom