• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Burai

shitonmychest57
Blimblim said:
25 minutes, 2% of the 360 demo downloaded. I'm so sick and tired of this, The XBL marketplace sucks more and more as new people buy the console. Why am I even paying my gold account?

Europe, right?

Yeah, same here in the UK. Been downloading for 3 hours now on a 4MB connection. 79%. Pathetic.

Riptwo

jaaz said:
In striving to be a major asshole, you completely lost the point of my post. The point, Einstein, is that some fanboys will deliberately mess with the picture settings on a TV when taking these "comparison shots" just to see the reaction they get from fanboys on both sides. Whether a sharpness of 0 or not is preferred is completely subjective, but that is not the point, the point is to make people like you make posts like the one you just made.

I bet you're one of those that believes everything that is posted on a website or printed in the newspaper. It's posted/printed, it MUST be true, right?!?
Yeah, it's a little off topic, but a properly calibrated set should generally have the sharpness set at 0, so as not to introduce artificial sharpening to the image. It's less subjective than you suggest, especially when in the context of comparison shots. That isn't to say that there couldn't have been some nefarious tweaking done to the shots, or that the poster of said shots knows anything about setting up his or her AV gear, but I'm hoping that anyone here who actually cares about image quality will learn about calibration prior to cyber-spazzing.

Mojovonio

Banned
119849839038.png

DJ Sl4m

Dave1988 said:
DJ Sl4am, the demo is set on Human mode. It's the first mission in the game. Kobayashi and co made it purposefully so goddamn easy to attract n00b players, who yell "OMG! This game is too Hard! It sucks!" at the very sight of a challange.

Thanks for the info, it's getting harder to have a mature conversation around here.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bluheim said:
Really ?

Well, maybe that's due to the fact that I'm now using Ethernet instead of WiFi with my PS3. Is the PS3 WiFi that bad ?
Wifi is bad. Always.
Anyway, 25% done after 6 minutes for the PS3 demo.
I'm really getting majorly pissed off by XBL lately.
Edit: 63% done now...

Kyoufu

Loudninja said:
What th hell is going on here?

Don't know and don't care really. People can bicker about which version has the very minute innoticeable to the naked eye graphical edge yet what really matters here is controls.

<3 Devil Bringer <3

My favorite combo (probably not the most leet), is to upward slash a baddie, slam him to the ground using the Devil Bringer, then down slashing on the guy.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
hot damn using your devil hand as a hookshot looks sweet. makes me wish they'd do more exploratory stuff in these games, as antithetical as that is to the mission statement of dmc in general

Teknoman

DJ Sl4m said:
Thanks for the info, it's getting harder to have a mature conversation around here.

Well when you start tossing around marketing catch phrases like "next-gen gameplay" you're going to have to expect some people to come down hard on you. Especially with an established series.

My XBL download seemed to be taking forever but when I booted it out of standby it was stuck on 98%. I just cancelled the download, started it again and the last 2% went instantly.

This is one of those times where I wish the game was exclusive to one of the systems, either one of them, just so I could read a thread about it without it devolving into texture/filter nitpicking shit between versions.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I started the DL on the 360 and PS3 at the same time at lunch. PS3 was at 40% and 360 at 18% when I left. I was also DL the PS3 version from Japan too. I thought PSN was "slow"?

Narag

revolverjgw said:
This is one of those times where I wish the game was exclusive to one of the systems, either one of them, just so I could read a thread about it without it devolving into texture/filter nitpicking shit between versions.

The thread would just then consist of comparisons to the next best thing on the other system.

Riptwo said:
Yeah, it's a little off topic, but a properly calibrated set should generally have the sharpness set at 0, so as not to introduce artificial sharpening to the image. It's less subjective than you suggest, especially when in the context of comparison shots. That isn't to say that there couldn't have been some nefarious tweaking done to the shots, or that the poster of said shots knows anything about setting up his or her AV gear, but I'm hoping that anyone here who actually cares about image quality will learn about calibration prior to cyber-spazzing.

I used to have a Sharpness of -2 when I went through component on my Aquos. For some reason in VGA though I prefer it at as high as +4. The image is simply to soft for me at 0 through VGA, and the image really pops with some increased sharpness.

Kuroyume

Banned
Played the demo so many times today... I have beaten Beriel twice. It's so much fucking fun. I own the original DMC and hated it so I never bothered with 2 and 3, but this demo is awesome. You can tell if a demo is great when you don't delete it three minutes after getting it. :p

Piper Az

Blimblim said:
25 minutes, 2% of the 360 demo downloaded. I'm so sick and tired of this, The XBL marketplace sucks more and more as new people buy the console. Why am I even paying my gold account?

MS should really have seperate servers for gold accounts for this kind of stuff. This is ridiculous. Complete BS; insult to paying customers.

yurinka

I love the new Devil Bringer. Adds more depth to the gameplay, I love it. Pure glorious gameplay.

WFT is "next-gen gameplay"? To play a casual party game shaking the controller performing the same functionality than a button smasher? Meh

This demo is non-stop awesome action, with a lot of possibilities of combos. With great music, stunning visuals and animations.

The only think I don't like are the shadows, but smartly the camera is almost always far of them, so no problem. Also, I noticed some non-critical FPS drop in some cinematics, specially in fast camera rotations.

But in general, it's stunning, awesome. BTW, in the cathedral (next to its last door) there is a red gem that looks like it's unreachable. Anybody picked it?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
And done downloading. If there was no installation afterwards this would have been a perfect demo experience ;)
Anyway, I'll try and see if I get the same blurry textures as Minsc.

Narag

beelzebozo said:
you might be trying to joke or provoke flaming, but i agree

what's with the lock-on being on the right bumper and not the right trigger?

Tradition. It'll be a moot point if the controls are customizable in the final release as has been hinted at.

bluheim

Banned
BloodyYank said:
On the 360 its plays at 1080, but on my PS3 its only 480p.

DMC480p! WTF!

Upscaled my ass!

Your set doesn't support 720p ? Let's hope Capcom add 1080i supports in the final game...

Kyoufu

Wow berial is a fucking joke now. Beat him in around 90 seconds. The fact that you can spend as much time in the air as you want is awesome., but the boss is too easy because of it.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Narag said:
Tradition. It'll be a moot point if the controls are customizable in the final release as has been hinted at.

yeah, this is my hope. the right bumper thing is a little awkward, as i'm sure has been discussed at length already

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Kobayashi said:
I just played the demo but this really isn't my thing... Nice graphics, but that's about it if you ask me! :)

your name is the same as the director of the game, how ironic :lol

MCD

beelzebozo said:
you might be trying to joke or provoke flaming, but i agree

what's with the lock-on being on the right bumper and not the right trigger?
You can change it in the final game. (C-warrior mentioned it some pages ago)

i also would love to change sword attack from Y to X (NG style)

bluheim said:
Your set doesn't support 720p ? Let's hope Capcom add 1080i supports in the final game...
My set supports 1080p, so I'm playing it on the 360.

My PS3 is set to 1080p but when I try to play the PSN demo, it shits out 480p through HDMI.

wtf.

Riptwo

Dark FaZe said:
I used to have a Sharpness of -2 when I went through component on my Aquos. For some reason in VGA though I prefer it at as high as +4. The image is simply to soft for me at 0 through VGA, and the image really pops with some increased sharpness.
Yeah, it's generally the rule, but as someone else in the thread previously mentioned prior to being pounced on, some sets change things up, especially when offering negative values.

And as an aside, after checking out both demos, I'm still not sure which version to get. Augh.

DJ Sl4m

Teknoman said:
Well when you start tossing around marketing catch phrases like "next-gen gameplay" you're going to have to expect some people to come down hard on you. Especially with an established series.

My problem is it seems like everyone here has lost the ability to talk and discuss things with each other and have gotten into this unfortunate habit of attacking with silly quips of humor instead.

It was my Opinion on it, being attacked because I'm being corrected of my opinion ? :LOL
That's exactely my point, I threw my opinion out there for those to post there's as well. I don't have to agree with everyone says to value someones opinion, I see it as another viewpoint to look at the game from in hopes of seeing the beauty too. I want other opinions on the game and ddiscussion to go along with it.
I don't see why if someone disagrees with mine that they can't be civil in showing me what I'm missing and why I could be wrong or whatever. That's all really.

Dave1988 said:
DJ Sl4am, the demo is set on Human mode. It's the first mission in the game. Kobayashi and co made it purposefully so goddamn easy to attract n00b players, who yell "OMG! This game is too Hard! It sucks!" at the very sight of a challange.

It's not dumbed down too much is it? Is it comparable to DMC3 SE how they made it easier than the original DMC3?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
BloodyYank said:

My PS3 is set to 1080p but when I try to play the PSN demo, it shits out 480p through HDMI.

wtf.

1080P tv here also, HDMI trough ps3. Puts out 720P.

BloodyYank said:

wtf.

Not to insult your intelligence, but did you check your display settings?

ShowDog

The demo downloaded real fast for me, about 15 or 20 minutes. Anyways, the game is awesome! I wasn't really looking forward to it that much, it looked like more of the same to me, and really, it kind of was. But the graphics and environments are so detailed and the game looks and controls so well that I want to play it more. I'm very impressed, this is like the opposite of the Burnout demo.

Top Bottom