• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

sprocket

Banned
Lefty42o said:

thats all i am saying :lol

I post more at another forum than here. :/

also I got no complaints when I was praising halo3 and pgr4 last NOV.

You guys see what you want to see. this is the last I am speaking of this.

Teknoman

DJ Sl4m said:
It means there is absolutely Zero AI, none at all. Most next gen games on PS3 & 360 have enemies with decent AI. The slow plodding enemies in the demo have none at all. There are not a challenge in the slightest and are almost not a threat either, it just seems like target practice to make the player feel cool while doing sweet uber hangtime combo moves against sitting ducks that move at a snails pace. But it is the demo and what I've played of it so far, maybe these creatures develop brain function and challenge as the game goes on ?

Yes, hopefully you will add me to your ignore list. It's much easier than finding out the game has last gen gameplay.

Correct, it just seems old hat. It's last gen gameplay with improved visuals. They could have added a litter better challenge in between boss's than throwing slow plodding dumb ridiculous looking things at the main character to fill in the action and make the player feel great doing combos with almost zero challenge until he reaches the next boss.

What are you 12 years old ? What a ridiculous comment.

Eh its probably just set to a relatively easy difficulty setting since it is the first public DMC demo ever. Do you know how many people would probably be turned of if the game beat the hell out of them in demo?

DJ Sl4m said:
Yes, hopefully you will add me to your ignore list. It's much easier than finding out the game has last gen gameplay.

It's nothing personal. I just don't know what "next-gen gameplay" is. This is an action game. Do you think Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to have next-gen gameplay? I just want to know what this means so I can jump on the bandwagon of people who don't like 360/PS3 games without next-gen gameplay. Maybe it's something I'm missing out on.

Lefty42o

Banned
gkrykewy said:
Dude, was this an imposter then?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5862219&postcount=199

Hmmmm - self ownage

sprocket said:
I post more at another forum than here. :/

also I got no complaints when I was praising halo3 and pgr4 last NOV.

You guys see what you want to see. this is the last I am speaking of this.

sprocket said:
it is night and day. my fault I forget its 2008.

:lol
jesus_owned.jpg

p.s. i could care which version is the best. i own both consoles. i just want the best version for me. i am still waiting for the demo to hit the psn us store so i can try it on my ps3. biggest gripe so far no 1080i/p so looks like i will be going 360 version.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
sprocket said:
I was arguing against the 360 fanboys who were trying their hardest to make their version better just like here now! lol.

Its the same fight.

That's right, you will only make that stance when it's supposed 360 fanboys doing this. You don't say jack shit when the PS3 fanboys do the same. The problem is, you DO have an inferiority complex. Whenever someone makes an OBJECTIVE statement, you automatically think they're attacking. Since you feel this inferiority, it makes you think you must defend, even when no attack is present.

Don't sit here and act like you just think this shit is unfair, like you said earlier when pointing out how you said what you saw and left, while at the same time letting it slide when the shoes on the other foot. Hypocrisy at its finest.

LJ11

Red Blaster said:
Welp, this thread certainly was a disaster waiting to happen.

I felt guilty commenting about the graphical nitpicks, but after seeing the last dozen or so posts, I don't feel as bad.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
It's nothing personal. I just don't know what "next-gen gameplay" is. This is an action game. Do you think Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to have next-gen gameplay? I just want to know what this means so I can jump on the bandwagon of people who don't like 360/PS3 games without next-gen gameplay. Maybe it's something I'm missing out on.

Or even God of War III for that matter. Hell when you look at most excellent games on both the 360 and PS3, they really dont have any shiny brand new gameplay styles. They just improve on past styles and look amazing. So if you continue with this notion that a game has to play completely different from any other game before it to count as next-gen...you're going to be disappointed with the majority of this 3 console cycle.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Seiken said:
Tiduz, it's not the TV. You're just simply the man.

why thank you :p

Maybe ill take some pics later on, of the ps3 version.

Teknoman said:
Or even God of War III for that matter. Hell when you look at most excellent games on both the 360 and PS3, they really dont have any shiny brand new gameplay styles. They just improve on past styles and look amazing. So if you continue with this notion that a game has to play completely different from any other game before it to count as next-gen...you're going to be disappointed with the majority of this 3 console cycle.

Devil bringer is fresh enough for me, i dont want TOO much of a change. it needs to play like dmc and i for one am super happy it does :)

sprocket

Banned
squatingyeti said:
That's right, you will only make that stance when it's supposed 360 fanboys doing this. You don't say jack shit when the PS3 fanboys do the same. The problem is, you DO have an inferiority complex. Whenever someone makes an OBJECTIVE statement, you automatically think they're attacking. Since you feel this inferiority, it makes you think you must defend, even when no attack is present.

Don't sit here and act like you just think this shit is unfair, like you said earlier when pointing out how you said what you saw and left, while at the same time letting it slide when the shoes on the other foot. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Look at the replies I got! lol look how many 360 fanboys remember every post I made that contraries their opinions. Nothing about me defending halo3. And saying how awesome pgr4 was in every other post. Or post Ive made about how much I am looking forward to Fable 2 and too human.

Yet its me with the inferiority complex?

now drop it before we all get banned. :/

Teknoman

Tiduz said:
Devil bringer is fresh enough for me, i dont want TOO much of a change. it needs to play like dmc and i for one am super happy it does :)

Exactly, thats what I, along with some other people, are trying to get at. You dont have to reinvent the wheel all the time. Sometimes it just takes making a better wheel than before.

And this is one damn good wheel.

Lefty42o

Banned
sprocket said:
Look at the replies I got! lol look how many 360 fanboys remember every post I made that contraries their opinions. Nothing about me defending halo3. And saying how awesome pgr4 was in every other post. Or post Ive made about how much I am looking forward to Fable 2 and too human.

dude. i own both dumbass. i just thought it was funny he owned you. pay attention. i have no stance on the issue. just enjoying the show :D

DJ Sl4m

kurahadol said:
sarcasm is sarcasm.

Gotcha ;p

Pardon me if I got pissy for a sec, I usually don't post here because unless you're in a click here you get attacked at every turn. :lol

But seriously I understand it's just a demo, and it was my honest opinion on it from the time I spent with it. I just didn't see any magic about the game, the characters looked as silly as those in the Silent Hill series (which I love the series, but the enemies are ridiculous looking, lol )

I've never played DMC series before and was expecting it to have some enemy AI besides the bosses.

I posted my impressions hoping others would as well, I want to know what it is I'm missing. I didn't get into gaming to hate on them, I want to appreciate this one but don't see the magic yet. It is possible it's filler crap in between bosses, but a little Ai would go a long way.

Capcom really could have kept the gameplay intact but still taken a few ideas from the Ninja Gaiden series and had a MUCH better more challenging game.

BTW: the graphical differences between the game really shouldn't be an issue as long as people like the game, ya know ?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Teknoman said:
Exactly, thats what I, along with some other people, are trying to get at. You dont have to reinvent the wheel all the time. Sometimes it just takes making a better wheel than before.

And this is one damn good wheel.

but....its.....l...last GEN...where's NEKS GEN NEKS GEN NEKS GEN

jaaz

squatingyeti said:
You do know a sharpness setting of 0 is often times preferred as the correct picture, right? Some TVs even gasp....go in the negatives. Maybe you should know a little more before sounding stupid.

In striving to be a major asshole, you completely lost the point of my post. The point, Einstein, is that some fanboys will deliberately mess with the picture settings on a TV when taking these "comparison shots" just to see the reaction they get from fanboys on both sides. Whether a sharpness of 0 or not is preferred is completely subjective, but that is not the point, the point is to make people like you make posts like the one you just made.

I bet you're one of those that believes everything that is posted on a website or printed in the newspaper. It's posted/printed, it MUST be true, right?!?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hot shit I think I lost all my skills, while the first part of the demo I was doing fine when I tried the boss part it taught me humility! Well I shall be going back and trying to be that part. It's fucking good that this game is so awesome!

J-Rzez

sprocket said:

Listen, don't worry about the person you're discussing with. They never have anything but glowing things to say about Sony anyways (haha)! And you're right, these people will be looking at your posts saying to themselves when they don't agree "look at this fanboy scum", then when you praise something they like "ohoh, you're so lucky", then when you don't agree with them again "look at this fanboy scum".

Just discuss with the people that have similar tastes and loves in gaming and you'll be much happier. And go back and play the demo, it rocks all sorts of awesome. The music rocks as the norm!

I haven't really noticed any framerate hitches, which is very impressive, only wierd thing, not sure if it's meant to be or not, is a weird blurring when you first walk into the church.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
25 minutes, 2% of the 360 demo downloaded. I'm so sick and tired of this, The XBL marketplace sucks more and more as new people buy the console. Why am I even paying my gold account?

Blimblim said:
25 minutes, 2% of the 360 demo downloaded. I'm so sick and tired of this, The XBL marketplace sucks more and more as new people buy the console. Why am I even paying my gold account?

Yeah, thats why I got up so early last night to download :lol. Seriously though I was stuck on 1% for about 4 minutes. Try cancelling the download and restarting it. After I did that the speeds increased drastically. Golds been pissing me off lately as well though.

Clevinger

DJ Sl4m said:
Capcom really could have kept the gameplay intact but still taken a few ideas from the Ninja Gaiden series and had a MUCH better more challenging game.

Well, they don't need to take ideas from Ninja Gaiden because DMC 3 on a harder difficulty was already hard as sin (and casual players can attest, the normal difficulty was ridiculously hard for them as well). Second, this is a demo, as you've said you realize. The difficulty of this series terrifies new players, so of course they're not going to make the demo (whose main purpose is to draw new players) hard.

Call it an easy game when you actually play the full game.

Third, making DMC like Ninja Gaiden (Or NG like DMC) would alienate the fans of the series. Both DMC and NG have gameplay styles unique to their respective series, and they're both amazing because of it. Play NG for NG, and DMC for DMC.

bluheim

Banned
Blimblim said:

100% of the PSN demo downloaded in less than 1 hour. With a 2Mb/s ADSL connexion. :D

Not too bad...and it confirms that Jap PlayStation Store is much more robust than European one.

Quazar

Blimblim said:

Thankfully I woke at 5:30am this morning and got 70% DL before going to work. :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
And of course I'm not at the latest PS3 firmware, so I have that nice 1h30 and a half download ahead of me to update it. At least it's free :p

kurahadol

Clevinger said:
Well, they don't need to take ideas from Ninja Gaiden because DMC 3 on a harder difficulty was already hard as sin (and casual players can attest, the normal difficulty was ridiculously hard for them as well). Second, this is a demo, as you've said you realize. The difficulty of this series terrifies new players, so of course they're not going to make the demo (whose main purpose is to draw new players) hard.

Call it an easy game when you actually play the full game.

Supposedly the game is pretty casual in the beginning, then takes a huge difficulty spike, then goes back to casual towards the end. That spike should be interesting.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
bluheim said:
100% of the PSN demo downloaded in less than 1 hour. With a 2Mb/s ADSL connexion. :D

Not too bad...and it confirms that Jap PlayStation Store is much more robust than European one.
As far as I know the downloads themselves use the same platform for every stores.

Lefty42o

Banned
Blimblim said:

i downloaded the 360 demo in 20 minutes tops. i am in the us though.

any word on when this will hit the psn US store?.

SupahBlah

Banned
Blimblim said:

Really? Mine went quite quick.

Dave1988

DJ Sl4am, the demo is set on Human mode. It's the first mission in the game. Kobayashi and co made it purposefully so goddamn easy to attract n00b players, who yell "OMG! This game is too Hard! It sucks!" at the very sight of a challange.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I really had a hard time at adjusting to the devil bringer but man it's such a cool ability, Still I want Dante!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
so i was just flipping between the title screens of the ps3 and 360 versions. i got lucky and synced them almost perfectly, which was cool. i was looking at the little differences -- slight blur on the ps3 version, usual wonky gamma on the 360 version -- when my 360 graphics card overheated and covered the screen with purple and green static. i'm going to take that as a portent and keep my ps3 preorder.

and my 360 had better not fucking die until i've played my fill of goty 2008 omega five

Ashhong

Blimblim said:
And of course I'm not at the latest PS3 firmware, so I have that nice 1h30 and a half download ahead of me to update it. At least it's free :p

Blim...download the update through the playstation website and transfer it with a USB (surely you have one of those around there). It takes 10 minutes to dl and install tops.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
sprocket said:
I have both demos.. and IMO all this is just the fact that some 360 die hards can not except the fact of the ps3 having the slight graphical advantage. I am sure I am going to get flamed for that statement. But yeah after this and the burnout thread its pretty clear.

:lol The graphical advantage is very slight but the PS3 is not the one winning this one.

bluheim

Banned
Blimblim said:
As far as I know the downloads themselves use the same platform for every stores.

Really ?

Well, maybe that's due to the fact that I'm now using Ethernet instead of WiFi with my PS3. Is the PS3 WiFi that bad ?

ram

Minsc said:
http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/DMC4/DMC4_01_360.png
&
http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/DMC4/DMC4_01_ps3.png

Looks drastically different on my screen. PS3 png is a lot blurrier to me (textures). Particularly the floor and tower to the left. How anyone can't see the difference between those two shots just reinforces my belief that people don't care about HD as much as they say.

sorry, but the ps3 version looks way better on my samsung set than on your screen. there is some shimmering, but the textures are sharp as hell.

yurinka

Blimblim said:
Yes, I'm from Spain and I get 1MB/s constantly using Wifi (60GB PAL PS3 model) from both EU/US/JP PS stores (I have a suposed 20Mb ADSL). A lot more than downloading with the PC.

bluheim

Banned
ram said:
sorry, but the ps3 version looks way better on my samsung set than on your screen. there is some shimmering, but the textures are sharp as hell.

These pics are probably coming from a PS3 set to 480p. The game is as sharp as the 360 picture on my setup (PAL PS3, 720p, Pio G4).

Alx

Blimblim said:

That's strange, I think we're both in Paris and it's not as bad by me. Not great either, but after 1 hour I'm at 33%...

Top Bottom