• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

RBH

Can't wait to try this out tomorrow when I get back home.

Oh, and fuck all of the people in this thread that are prolonging the debate over the graphical differences between the two versions. Grow the fuck up and stop arguing over such worthless matters.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Tiduz said:
1080P tv here also, HDMI trough ps3. Puts out 720P.

Same here I don't know what people are talking about I got it of the Japanese store BTW the thing is entirely in English I really don't know why. This game looks fucking amazing too.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
jaaz said:
In striving to be a major asshole, you completely lost the point of my post. The point, Einstein, is that some fanboys will deliberately mess with the picture settings on a TV when taking these "comparison shots" just to see the reaction they get from fanboys on both sides. Whether a sharpness of 0 or not is preferred is completely subjective, but that is not the point, the point is to make people like you make posts like the one you just made.

I bet you're one of those that believes everything that is posted on a website or printed in the newspaper. It's posted/printed, it MUST be true, right?!?

In striving to make a point, you stated something ridiculous. You talked about someone turning their sharpness down. Well, sharpness artificially does things to the true image. Having it on is, in fact, the thing that makes a picture look worse to those that can tell. So excuse me for pointing this out.

You then feel like you must go on the attack because you got corrected. You're right, I MUST believe everything I read. Let me go turn my sharpness up to 100. After all, if I have it down, I'm making my picture worse.

Rimshot

bluheim said:
Your set doesn't support 720p ? Let's hope Capcom add 1080i supports in the final game...

Played the demo on ps3, it supports 720p.

Ordered the PAL version, seeing as the boxart was a lot nicer on the limited edition :)

Probably already shown somewhere but here is a pic:

7w5aix0.jpg

Pal hardcover artbook (instead of the anime and such in collectors ed)

86sizqq.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My only visual nitpick is going from 60 fps gameplay to 30 fps cutscenes. It's kind of distracting.

BUT OMG!!

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
J-Rzez said:
Listen, don't worry about the person you're discussing with. They never have anything but glowing things to say about Sony anyways (haha)! And you're right, these people will be looking at your posts saying to themselves when they don't agree "look at this fanboy scum", then when you praise something they like "ohoh, you're so lucky", then when you don't agree with them again "look at this fanboy scum".

Don't try to paint sprocket of all people as a victim.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Dark FaZe said:
I used to have a Sharpness of -2 when I went through component on my Aquos. For some reason in VGA though I prefer it at as high as +4. The image is simply to soft for me at 0 through VGA, and the image really pops with some increased sharpness.

Every set is different, but the idea that turning down your sharpness is utterly destroying your picture is asinine. Some people have just fallen for the sharpness marketing that used to be so prevalent. They were told if they turned it up, the picture was better. It really just fucked it TBH.

near

Gold Member
Rimshot said:

Ordered the PAL version, seeing as the boxart was a lot nicer on the limited edition :)

Whats the artbook about? Does it only have DMC4 artwork?

harSon

Banned
Rimshot said:

7w5aix0.jpg

86sizqq.jpg

We know it supports 720p, the problem is the fact that it doesn't support 1080i which older HDTV's need or else the picture is displayed at 420p.

itsgreen

Ok.

Never played DMC (I know).

Download the demo on the 360, had it in 10 mins.

Impressed with the graphics! Looks hot.

Also liked the gameplay, maybe a little repetative, but it all looks cool.

Might pick this one up. Definitly filed under the 'demo worked for me'.

Teknoman

Blimblim said:
Here is my captured version of Minsc picture:
http://images.gamersyde.com/misc/dmc4ps3.jpg
Mine is a tad brighter, but otherwise it's exactly the same level of detail.
Game is very smooth, but I was surprised by the minute slowdowns during cutscenes.

Hmm now that I look at this picture and the 360 picture, it looks like the PS3 has some kinda filter on it. everything looks a little less sharp but more colorful.

Brakara

Burai said:
Europe, right?

Yeah, same here in the UK. Been downloading for 3 hours now on a 4MB connection. 79%. Pathetic.

Norway here and downloaded the XBLM demo in ~30 minutes. Looks and plays great. Day 1 for me.

Raw64life

I've played DMC before but this will be the first DMC that I spend any significant amount of time with as I never actually owned a DMC game. I made it through the demo on the first try but came pretty close to dying at the boss. I wouldn't mind the game being a little more difficult but I don't want it to get out of hand.

USD

I'm gonna stab Capcom in the throat if there's no turbo mode, I couldn't play DMC3 without it, and it feels like DMC4 needs it too.

Lefty42o

Banned
Loudninja said:
Well if you had imported a DS3....

ok just got done playing the ps3 version. They look darn near identical to me. 480p is jaggie as hell on my 1080p display. as we all know game is only 720p. so for that reason i will get the 360 version.

any other diff is just nitpicking imho. they are very very close if not identical. either console owner would enjoy this game. it looks hot and plays hot. i think it will come down to controller preference and choice of resolution.

BloodyYank said:
Yes I did. I don't know wtf is wrong. Oh well, 360 has rumble so this time the PS3 can kiss my ass.

I have an import DS3 coming in time for DMC4. Playasia has a good deal on them and some guy on the DS3 thread has a $10 off coupon code.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Finally home, hot damn, downloading now.

Hey Dahbomb,

Here is the cover of the special edition

dmc4-tin-front-and-back-800.jpg

Hot damn work was torture knowing the demo was out and people playing it. Home now and downloading it on my PLAYSTATION3

Loudninja

ok just got done playing the ps3 version. They look darn near identical to me. 480p is jaggie as hell on my 1080p display. as we all know game is only 720p. so for that reason i will get the 360 version.

any other diff is just nitpicking imho. they are very very close if not identical. either console owner would enjoy this game. it looks hot and plays hot. i think it will come down to controller preference and choice of resolution.

Agreed ,but I think it should come down to controllers only.

near

Gold Member
Rimshot said:
I think it is art from the DMC games in general, not only 4th.

Oh cool. I guess thats something to look forward to. Glad we don't have to pre-order to get the artbook, I've always had bad luck with pre-orders :lol

Rimshot

ezekial45 said:
I might be behind on this, but did anyone else notice during the Berial boss fight that the sigh posts said
Mundus
?

If you mean mr fire, he is in the demo, second level. If you are fast enough you can get to him from the first level demo (10min timelimit but the levels are connected)

Airkiru said:
Oh cool. I guess thats something to look forward to. Glad we don't have to pre-order to get the artbook, I've always had bad luck with pre-orders :D

Hehe, yeah normally euro land gets the bad deal, but I rather have that artbook then the anime and digital artbook that the us gets.

neojubei said:
Finally home, hot damn, downloading now.

Hey Dahbomb,

Here is the cover of the special edition

dmc4-tin-front-and-back-800.jpg

Hot damn work was torture knowing the demo was out and people playing it. Home now and downloading it on my PLAYSTATION3

Glad I reserved the SE!

Teknoman

Choke on the Magic said:
I have an import DS3 coming in time for DMC4. Playasia has a good deal on them and some guy on the DS3 thread has a $10 off coupon code.

Darn it, and I orded with the 5 dollars off 50 dollar purchase. Oh well, at least it shipped on the 16th so it should be here soon enough.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Love your avatar, Rimshot

HDMI check, RGB @ Full, check, Dual Shock 3 check, Samsung 1080p LCDTV check, Playstation 3 check. Damn now I need that demo. :D

brandonh83 said:
Cool. Glad I preordered the CE.

Same here, but I also think I will pre-order the normal edition for another artbook. :D

ram said:
sorry, but the ps3 version looks way better on my samsung set than on your screen. there is some shimmering, but the textures are sharp as hell.

Yep, look waaaaaaaay better on my lame HDTV than in those screens. Don't know what's wrong.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Did anyone else notice I do not know if it's because I downloaded the Japanese version of the demo are these light vertical bars on the background of th whole picture. I usually notice when I just stop and look at the whole screen while there is no action. I know its not my T.V cause when I go to the main menu of the game it's not there.

BTW Berial looks fucking badass and made those Ice monsters into little bitches the don't even touch me!

Teknoman said:
Darn it, and I orded with the 5 dollars off 50 dollar purchase. Oh well, at least it shipped on the 16th so it should be here soon enough.

Don't feel bad dude, you have to spend $100 to get the $10 so it's essentially the same.

ezekial45

Banned
Rimshot said:
If you mean mr fire, he is in the demo, second level. If you are fast enough you can get to him from the first level demo (10min timelimit but the levels are connected)

I wasn't aware of that, but just talking about the sign posts during the fight. They said
Mundus
on them!

I'm a bit mystified--so is the default difficulty level now piss easy and the hard one now the eqivalent of previous easy modes, and hard now normal or...

Basically I'm worried about how this is gonna scale. I generally had to beat previous DMCs on the lowest setting (yeah yeah laugh it up) but this demo was easier than falling asleep watching the Weather Channel. Will there be a difficulty setting...for me? ;_;

Rimshot

neojubei said:
Love your avatar, Rimshot

HDMI check, RGB @ Full, check, Dual Shock 3 check, Samsung 1080p LCDTV check, Playstation 3 check. Damn now I need that demo. :D

Same here, but I also think I will pre-order the normal edition for another artbook. :D

Thanks hehe.

I Don't have the Dual Shock 3, do you think it makes a big impact in the experience? If so I need to order it fast before my game arives :)

Zzoram

As someone new to the franchise (and the genre as well basically), I am quite happy about the demo difficulty. If that turns out to be Easy or Normal, that's fine by me. It sounds like there are 2-3 more difficulties above Normal so I'm sure there's something for the more hardcore players as well.

I got Berial down to 1/5 HP my first try. I'll try again later today. I feel like the demo was just difficult enough for me.

CAVE343

Wow this game is great! This looks better than I expected. The Devil Bringer is really awesome, slamming berial on his face is just a blast.
I'm getting the eu special edition, but the us one also looks great with Dante on the back

Rimshot said:
Thanks hehe.

I Don't have the Dual Shock 3, do you think it makes a big impact in the experience? If so I need to order it fast before my game arives :)

I'm personally a big fan of the rumble. The playasia $5 and $10 coupon codes are good till Jan. 31 so I'd get on it if you want one. The codes are on the DS3 thread btw. I think Markmark is the poster of them.

Teknoman

OnimaruXLR said:
I'm a bit mystified--so is the default difficulty level now piss easy and the hard one now the eqivalent of previous easy modes, and hard now normal or...

Basically I'm worried about how this is gonna scale. I generally had to beat previous DMCs on the lowest setting (yeah yeah laugh it up) but this demo was easier than falling asleep watching the Weather Channel. Will there be a difficulty setting...for me? ;_;

Im just going to keep my eyes on the boards to see what difficulty = DMC 3 NA version default difficulty. Thats the way I wanna go.

Top Bottom