• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

knitoe

B-Ri said:
the ps3 has rumble and achievements :x

Need DS3 (release date for NA?) for rumble and achievements are lock to gamer tag. Uncharted achievements didn't give me same vibe. :D

I am leaning toward PS3 SE.

Danielsan said:
Not...
Nero movelist will also grow exponentially later in the game.

I don't care about much Nero's 'moveset' gets upgades.

Switching styles and weapons on the fly is going to have any DMC fans head explode.

If we're coming up with all this cool shit based on Nero's relatively barebone demo...the fuck do you think will happen when they get control of fuckin Dante? :lol

Danielsan

C- Warrior said:
I don't care about much Nero's 'moveset' gets upgades.

Switching styles and weapons on the fly is going to have any DMC fans head explode.

If we're coming up with all this cool shit based on Nero's relatively barebone demo...the fuck do you think will happen when they get control of fuckin Dante? :lol
I'm just sick and tired of the constant whiny "zomg Nero sucks why is he lead character instead of my mancrush Dante" bullshit. Nero is a cool character and his introduction serves a great function. His combat system is vastly different from Dante's and appears to have enough depth and complexity to hold it's own against the style system from Dante. If we're coming up with all this cool shit in the demo, what the fuck do you think will happen when we get to use Nero's full endgame feature set.

VaLiancY

Nero is cool and all, the move sets set him apart from Dante pretty good but switching styles on the fly? I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to outrageous DMC videos. :lol

jett

D-Member
That dante combo video was pretty awesome. When the final game hits and the "experts" get their hands on, then we'll see some crazy shit. DMC3/4 is what you make of it. You can somewhat get by using lame combos, but it's not gonna be much fun. Look at the "combo" vid on gamevideos, that's how reviewers are going to play the game, if that. Their opinion is not really needed. :p

BTW, does anyone else have problems loading the videos at ruliweb?

Bearillusion said:
So has anyone explained who Nero is yet? A page or so back I asked as I thought I was playing as Dante.
Dante killed his parents. But doesn't know it? Or something. He's got a really fucking annoying voice. I think I just summed up the character.

Mugen

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Hobbyconsolas (http://www.axelspringer.es/html/fondos/PUBLICACIONES/HOBBYCONSOLAS/default.html)

The most "prestigious" Spanish Gaming magazine reviews DMC4.

Graphics:93
Sound:85
Lenght:82
Fun:91

OVERALL: 91/100

THE BEST
+"The combat system is full of posibilityes and everyone can get used to it"
+"The Visuals are great, specially in which refers to the main character's animations"

THE WORST
-"Players can't choose beteewn charcaters freely."
-"Scenary repetition."

Kinda sucks that you can't choose to play the whole game as either Dante or Nero. On the first playthrough for story purposes I understand, but would have been great if it were available as an extra feature upon beating the game. Seems like Capcom is still recycling the same backgrounds again just like in the past DMC games. That's such bs.

jett said:
That dante combo video was pretty awesome. When the final game hits and the "experts" get their hands on, then we'll see some crazy shit. DMC3/4 is what you make of it. You can somewhat get by using lame combos, but it's not gonna be much fun. Look at the "combo" vid on gamevideos, that's how reviewers are going to play the game, if that. Their opinion is not really needed. :p

BTW, does anyone else have problems loading the videos at ruliweb?

try these:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=293282

Nemesis556 said:
Wait, there are more areas than the Snow Area, Fortuna / Demo Area and the Outdoor Sky-type level, right? >_>

I don't think the game would be getting majority 9's in reviews if the entire game consisted of the levels seen in the demo...

Kyoufu

Just saw that Dante video. WOW!

As much as I like Nero's style, he won't compete with Dante. All thats left is the option if removing gunslinger and putting in Dark Slayer in place of it.

beerbelly

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
It's a trade off between slightly better AA on 360 or better shaders on PS3, personally I would take the shaders (And the 60FPS cutscenes! DMC cutscenes just look wrong at 30FPS!)

Did you use fanboy goggles when reading his post?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Has anyone noticed how fucked up progression is in the demo? It's like...OPERA HOUSE -> DOCKS -> SNOW FORTRESS -> old town

huhhh

Is it just like that for thedemo?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Y2Kev said:
Has anyone noticed how fucked up progression is in the demo? It's like...OPERA HOUSE -> DOCKS -> SNOW FORTRESS -> old town

huhhh

Is it just like that for thedemo?
It's just the demo.

Draft

Mrbob said:
Now that is what I'm talking about. Nero felt a bit slow and plodding. Seeing the Dante video is true DMC gameplay. Fast, furious, stylish. It is a shame we have this gens last gens Raiden to use for nearly half the game.
I don't think that's a fair statement. DMC had stylish action before the real-time weapon change.

The devil arm and rev moves add a lot to the combat system.

Kyoufu

Opus Angelorum said:
Nope, a stupid decision.

I just remembered that you obviously can't progress in Nero's levels without the Snatch ability to get from platform to platform. :(

Oh well. Hopefully Dante's levels make up for it.

And PLEASE PLEASE have Bloody Palace.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kyoufu said:
I just remembered that you obviously can't progress in Nero's levels without the Snatch ability to get from platform to platform. :(

Oh well. Hopefully Dante's levels make up for it.

And PLEASE PLEASE have Bloody Palace.
I spent over 100 hours in this place. This is the reason why DMC2 >>> DMC1

I'm going to die now. I know. Good bye.

jett

D-Member
Opus Angelorum said:
Optimism or do you know something we don't?

Optimism and the fact that previous DMCs lets you unlock different characters when you finish it. I don't see why not. Surely something will be done to replace the snatch-orbs for Dante to progress. :p

Y2Kev

I'm surprised they spent all that time working on what is basically a 50% new combat system (with revving and the arm) just to ditch it.

I'd be surprised if you can't go through the entire game using both characters, and if you can't, at least using both fighting "styles."

Yasser

Opus Angelorum said:
Nope, a stupid decision.
doesn't the dante combovid posted earlier show him fighting in an area from the demo? the bit in the timed demo before you cross the bridge and go into the snow?

Mrbob

Anyone else think it might be odd to want the 360 version of DMC4 just to have the two pillars of the action genre this generation (DMC4 and NG2) sitting side by side together on your shelf on the same system? Heh. I have the same issue Y2Kev does. I really want to get this game on PS3, but I have some friends who only have 360s and we can trade games then.

Draft said:
I don't think that's a fair statement. DMC had stylish action before the real-time weapon change.

The devil arm and rev moves add a lot to the combat system.

I do still tend to play with Nero like I would with Dante. I need to use the devil arm more to bring enemies to me, and then smash them around.

Defuser

Y2Kev said:
I'm surprised they spent all that time working on what is basically a 50% new combat system (with revving and the arm) just to ditch it.

I'd be surprised if you can't go through the entire game using both characters, and if you can't, at least using both fighting "styles."
Or maybe they're reserving it for the DMC4 Special Edition.

Draft

Mrbob said:
I do still tend to play with Nero like I would with Dante. I need to use the devil arm more to bring enemies to me, and then smash them around.
After beating the demo a few times it's clear that devil arm is not just a second gun or something, it's an intrinsic part of Nero's combat system. And the rev is not a devil trigger junior, it's another crucial part of the moves list. Both must be applied liberally.

Y2Kev

Mrbob said:
Anyone else think it might be odd to want the 360 version of DMC4 just to have the two pillars of the action genre this generation...

God of war 3 will be a PS3 exclusive though...

(DMC4 and NG2)

....oh.

:D

Kidding.

No, but that's a weird reason. :D

EktorPR

I know MGS will publish Gaiden II for their precious 360, but I can't help think Tecmo will do the same for the inevitable PS3 port. It will happen.

So, that makes the PS3 the action behemoth, with DMC 4, Ninja Gaiden II and, of course, the epitome of the action game with substance, God of fucking War III. :D

WrikaWrek

Banned
EktorPR said:
I know MGS will publish Gaiden II for their precious 360, but I can't help think Tecmo will do the same for the inevitable PS3 port. It will happen.

So, that makes the PS3 the action behemoth, with DMC 4, Ninja Gaiden II and, of course, the epitome of the action game with substance, God of fucking War III. :D

When it happens it happens, don't act like you know it's already happening when it isn't.

Konami had an engine up and running on the Xbox and Mgs3 never saw the light of day on it, and it wasn't even published by Sony.

EktorPR

WrikaWrek said:
When it happens it happens, don't act like you know it's already happening when it isn't.

Konami had an engine up and running on the Xbox and Mgs3 never saw the light of day on it, and it wasn't even published by Sony.

Agreed. I'm just hoping to grab some of that tasty ninja sequel action too. :p

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
EktorPR said:

Ok, if you say so.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dante is as awesome as ever. I want to know what the upgrade Nero got from beating the ice boss does. Oh, and that one move where he bashing his sword on the guys head, and swinging it around in ridiculous directions is frikkin crazy.

Oh, and its nice to see the enemies trying to actually kill the players. The dogs in the ruliweb video were on dante's ass.

Top Bottom