• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Kyoufu

Guys, help me decide!

Import JP version and get it a few days early, or wait for the US version and get the collector's edition a week later.

WHAT TO DO

RyuHayate

Kyoufu said:
Guys, help me decide!

Import JP version and get it a few days early, or wait for the US version and get the collector's edition a week later.

WHAT TO DO

CE all the way. The behind the scenes stuff seems worth it.

I'm not sure which to pick, i prefer the american SE box art, but the EU version has a nice book.

When i was playing the demo my mother was watching and when berial came out she's like *gasp* "look at him! he's fabulous!" :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kyoufu said:
Guys, help me decide!

WHAT TO DO

Buy the collector's edition

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well...I think May decide to learn combos and such in this one. They just look so awesome:lol Its kind of funny I can play almost every Action game the same way lol

:lol Can't believe so many are having problems with the instant rev. I usually just Press /\ + L2, and I bet it would be easier with rumble.

One question: will the retail version feature a recording mode? This is seriously something the DMC series needs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
ScissorHands said:
:lol Can't believe so many are having problems with the instant rev. I usually just Press /\ + L2, and I bet it would be easier with rumble.

One question: will the retail version feature a recording mode? This is seriously something the DMC series needs.
What the hell does that mean?:lol
What the hell is reving also? I'm really behind here lol

Is it what makes you get that SS combo and above? I've manage to get an S a few times but I normally max out on A's which is annoying.

Draft

shintoki said:
What the hell does that mean?:lol
What the hell is reving also? I'm really behind here lol

Is it what makes you get that SS combo and above? I've manage to get an S a few times but I normally max out on A's which is annoying.
When you press L it revs up your sword to do more damage, but you have to stand still and it takes a long time. You can rev much faster by hitting L during certain frames of the sword attack animations, and working those instant revs into combos is a key to Nero's combat system.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Draft said:
When you press L it revs up your sword to do more damage, but you have to stand still and it takes a long time. You can rev much faster by hitting L during certain frames of the sword attack animations, and working those instant revs into combos is a key to Nero's combat system.
Oh okay, I think I can do that...But it feels like cheating in the demo:lol I can't have my attacks hitting for me, they go down too quick already . Maybe Ill save it up for the retail version.

Draft

shintoki said:
Oh okay, I think I can do that...But it feels like cheating in the demo:lol I can't have my attacks hitting for me, they go down too quick already . Maybe Ill save it up for the retail version.
The enemies in the demo may be weak, but that is no reason to show them mercy. In fact, you should beat them harder for being lazy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Draft said:
The enemies in the demo may be weak, but that is no reason to show them mercy. In fact, you should beat them harder for being lazy.
*Sees Itagaki in avatar*
I see a master ninja takes no prisoners:lol

I know they are dumb down, etc. Still makes me feel...bad lol.

I do need to get use to the Grab claw though, My eyes aren't the best with Depth preception:lol

Also...The Game looks fantastic. I'm playing it on a Moniter...Everything is soo clean and crisp lol. How can I use SD anymore. And its not an 11inch screen too...So Victory:lol

HugBasket

Banned
After getting EX down a bit I've decided that this game is day one. Very little load times and everything feels smoother. All my prayers have been answered!

This what all demos should aspire to do - give you a general feeling for the gameplay and graphics, and leave you [very] hungry for more. Like many of you, I was lukewarm on this before the demo. Now very excited.

Chinner

Banned
Probably been already asked, but is the demo spliced together of a combination of different levels? I ask because the scenery changes are quite significant.

Narcosis

ScissorHands said:

I think the recording mode would be an excellent idea too, though I believe Capcom would've mentioned something already if they planned to include such a thing in the game.

As for the instant rev, playing the PS3 demo with a Dualshock 3, I still find myself focusing more on waiting for the visual cue of the flash rather than trying to gauge the feel of the controller shake. Either way, whatever works for some people may be different though and I think it's just a matter of practicing the timing for those who are having trouble.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zTXDGLQmav0

Wow. He owns the shit out of everything. Even the boxes. :lol

Draft said:
:lol

I can't wait to see what they do with Nero, when he has his expanded move set. My god, the stuff people are doing now with this short easy ass demo, is incredible.

kuYuri

keanerie said:
Back when I was hardcore into DMC3, tatsumarublack was the kind of DMC3 combos.

Guess I'm not with the times any more.

This is hot stuff, though.

I agree. Of all the combo videos I've seen back in the DMC3 days, I think tatsumarublack is king. I hope he will play this game.

ypo

danwarb said:
Cut-scenes are 30 to 60fps on PS3.

That's not true. Not based on those Ruliweb videos. Just download the first video if you don't want to spoil the game. It just shows the game's intro. It's pretty much 60 fps all the way through.

jett

D-Member
That demoplay was crazy. I haven't played DMC4 yet, but just-ex'ing stuff has got to be easier than what you people lead to believe, otherwise that's just nuts.

keanerie said:
Back when I was hardcore into DMC3, tatsumarublack was the kind of DMC3 combos.

Guess I'm not with the times any more.

This is hot stuff, though.

Checked a tatsu-etc video, pretty awesome, but I still like this one more: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oWi2f9Hc_kM :p

comrade

Oldschoolgamer said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zTXDGLQmav0

Wow. He owns the shit out of everything. Even the boxes. :lol

:lol

I can't wait to see what they do with Nero, when he has his expanded move set. My god, the stuff people are doing now with this short easy ass demo, is incredible.
Wow he was JC'ing JustEx Aerial Raves on the ice enemies.

Edit: No wonder that video was so insane, it's Brea! One of the best DMC3 players out there.

LordK

Hmmm... I'm torn. I downloaded both demos. The 360 *seems* to have *slightly* better textures and definitely has more vibrant colors (may be attributed to how my tv takes HDMI vs component). But at the same time, I'm seeing more dot crawl on the 360 version (because of the way my tv takes in component vs hdmi). I do like the ps3 controller better though... so I dunno which version to get. Then again, these are demos from a while ago... so things can change.

jett

D-Member
ypo said:
That's not true. Not based on those Ruliweb videos. Just download the first video if you don't want to spoil the game. It just shows the game's intro. It's pretty much 60 fps all the way through.

It does drop to 30 ocassionally, especially in the cut-scenes that play in-between the Dante fight, which seem to actually run mostly at 30 rather than 60fps. Not like it matters. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so now I'm reading and actually learning the stuff in Dahbombs little FAQ. Seriously man, I'm loving this game so much more now (and it was GotY before that). I could fucking send you some money Dahbomb, it's THAT good!

Lince

Banned
those 60 fps videos were awesome, both the cutscenes and the Berial fight look smoother than in the demo, I think I'll get the PS3 ver.

So yea, I enjoyed the game before. But even so much more now. I really feel that I used to be a huge noob when it came to past dmc games.

But definantly working on it, I am doing a lot of button smashing but soon enough ill learn to time it right

jett

D-Member
Looking at the rest of the HD Ruliweb vids...it makes Gametrailers' vids look like dogshit. :lol I wish I could bump that DMC4 comparison thread, but I'd probably get banned. :p

DMC4 really looks freakin' awesome.

are there any reviews out that say the controls can be customized for the 360 and that the game can be upscaled to 1080i/p on ps3?

sven doesn't know shit about either issue.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WickedLaharl said:
are there any reviews out that say the controls can be customized for the 360 and that the game can be upscaled to 1080i/p on ps3?

Wishful thinking?

AAK

jett said:
ruliweb_dmc4_ps3_57.jpg

what'sgoingon.gif

What the hell?

LowParry

WickedLaharl said:

Ask yourself, did previous DMC games have the ability to customize your buttons.

Top Bottom