• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Guys don't do this to yourselves. Capcom didn't miss Sony's big Pre-TGS conference just to go on and announce the game a few days later during some event in the real show. They can't be THAT stupid.

DMC5 ain't happening at TGS. So, let's just focus on PSX or something.

It's really not a big deal. I don't get too disappointed if it's a no-show. If DMC5 isn't announced at the Sony Conference, then I'll get hype for TGS. If DMC5 isn't announced at TGS, I'll get hyped for PSX. If DMC5 isn't announced at PSX, then I'll get hyped for an announcement for DMC's 15th Anniversary next year.

I won't let the hype die.

Only DMC4 has been shown at a Sony conference.

And if I recall correctly, it was originally slated for PS4 only. Or, it was nebulous enough where people assumed it was a PS exclusive at the time.

Seyavesh

i literally said "anything is good i don't really care what they announce" during the tgs presentation when the capcom logo popped up and then they unveiled RE:ORC:MP
and i forgot how much capcom will capcom at times

that being said, whether something comes sooner or later i have a pretty firm belief it's coming so in the meantime i'll play dmc4 and maybe some day learn dante

Sesha

We know DMC5 is happening, and so regardless of what happens I can't be too disappointed. And knowing 2016 is the series' 15th anniversary, I can go well into next year without an announcement and not worry.

It's really not a big deal. I don't get too disappointed if it's a no-show. If DMC5 isn't announced at the Sony Conference, then I'll get hype for TGS. If DMC5 isn't announced at TGS, I'll get hyped for PSX. If DMC5 isn't announced at PSX, then I'll get hyped for an announcement for DMC's 15th Anniversary next year.

I won't let the hype die.
Well, that's good then.

Unfortunately for me, lately I've been getting pretty frustrated (and angry) when things don't go the way I expect them to, so I think I'll have to pass on TGS hype for now.

I'll join you guys for PSX tho :)

i literally said "anything is good i don't really care what they announce" during the tgs presentation when the capcom logo popped up and then they unveiled RE:ORC:MP
and i forgot how much capcom will capcom at times

that being said, whether something comes sooner or later i have a pretty firm belief it's coming so in the meantime i'll play dmc4 and maybe some day learn dante

It's sad because I put Resident Evil above all other Capcom games with RE4 ring a game I still play to this day, and as an RE fan, this was disappointing. I loved RE5, 6 an even ORC, but this? It's not a celebration of the RE series in the slightest.
I mean no ill will to the developers but this just sucks as a "present". Also, Unity.

My point is that, with large well established 'current' games being screwed over like SFV being now console exclusive and RE having this thrown out and the mess of Pheonix Wright, then smaller titles with a smaller but vocal fanbase won't see ther game coming out. One such fanbase being the DMC fanbase. Itsuno also did stte the sales of DMC4:SE wouldn't be a contributing factor as to whether we get DMC5.
/NotAnIndustryAnalyst

Sesha

They're probably not showing DMC5 or RE7 off because they're not ready to be shown yet.

As a whole, RE isn't in some kind of of jeopardy. RE HD and Rev 2 just released, and we have RE 0 HD, RE2 remake and now this upcoming.

BadWolf

Well at least we got one 'new' character action game out of the show in Nioh, which looks really solid so far.

Fingers crossed for Capcom to announce something worthwhile at TGS itself..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well at least we got one 'new' character action game out of the show in Nioh, which looks really solid so far.

Fingers crossed for Capcom to announce something worthwhile at TGS itself..

We already know that Capcom will be revealing a SFV character per Ono's teasing, so we know they have more up their sleeve. It's just a matter of how much more.

And a new character would have fit perfectly in the Sony conference since SFV is PS4 exclusive. It just shows they might not have wanted their announcements drowned out amidst the other reveals.

Akiller

September 17 (Niconico)

20:00 – Capcom TV! TGS 2015 Special – Live stream from the Capcom Tokyo Game Show booth. An introduction to the booth’s exhibiting titles, and a review of the latest information announced that day. Featuring America Zarigani’s Yoshiyuki Hirai, Shokora Ikeda, and Capcom’s Kenichi Hashimoto.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/09/tokyo-game-show-2015-live-stream-schedule#M0VMR9homzqaP64O.99

Considering that Itsuno will be @ TGS only tomorrow i guess that tomorrow's Capcom TV Special is our only hope.

We already know that Capcom will be revealing a SFV character per Ono's teasing, so we know they have more up their sleeve. It's just a matter of how much more.

And a new character would have fit perfectly in the Sony conference since SFV is PS4 exclusive. It just shows they might not have wanted their announcements drowned out amidst the other reveals.

Considering that Itsuno will be @ TGS only tomorrow i guess that tomorrow's Capcom TV Special is our only hope.

I'm starting to believe

gunbo13

vergil combo vid by cedrus0511- this dude's finishers are ridiculous- pay attention to the targeting on the multi enemy combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF7d_W_AUiw
Is everything combo mad now?

That was actually a really fun watch. He isn't even "good" with Vergil, which is the funny thing. He plays at DMC3 speed. But he has a damn good ability to create set pieces, creating impressive finishes. This play also really resonates with the casual crowd.

Sesha

MAD just means it's a video with added music to it, like AMV.

He overuses the SSS taunt, but other than that his combos look very cool. For the most part it will be easier for the layman to see what is happening, as opposed to a lot of Vergil vids which are blindingly fast.

Also, unrelated but that image at the end is pretty cool.

Seyavesh

the tech in the video is cool too- there's probably more that i missed but he showed off a neat thing with yamato combo b's finisher where if you buffer rapid slash after it, the rapid slash sheathing also causes the exploding summon sword effect regardless of whether you actually have any swords in the enemy or if you're in dt, hitting the enemy or anything.

and you can keep buffering rapid slashes to keep this property, so you can do like finisher b->reverse rapid slash (enemy pops up)->rapid slash (enemy pops up)-> teleport combo stuff

i've been working on the judgement cut from any weapon's moveset but it's damn hard- i think i'm missing something about how it's done. i know i'm getting the timing right so it must be the actual order of stuff- as of now i'm just doing teleport->switch to yamato->release but it only works a fraction of the time

gunbo13

MAD just means it's a video with added music to it, like AMV.
Didn't know that. I guess it works for a search tag.

Buffering & switching to JC is just mastering the timing. It's super easy to release too early and also just as easy to be a little late to your buffer on the previous move. Animation canceling with tele before releasing JC is also key for certain combos.

I've also seen plenty of different results either via DT or max concentration. It will take a long time until all of Vergil's buffering timings are figured out.

EDIT:
I also keep failing to post this gif. Anyone ever seen a side switch faster then this? Fastest one I ever pulled off.

p2QIMj.gif

EDIT2:
I also just noticed the inertia after the stinger. The wall definitely made things go wacky here.

TreIII

I want to believe guys...

I'm still going to be optimistic.

I mean, even if the game won't be shown off in full for a while, I just want that title drop. A new render of Dante or whatever would just be the icing on the cake. Either alone would be enough to keep things going hype-wise for several more months.

Akiller

I'm still going to be optimistic.

I mean, even if the game won't be shown off in full for a while, I just want that title drop. A new render of Dante or whatever would just be the icing on the cake. Either alone would be enough to keep things going hype-wise for several more months.

We could easily reach 100 thread page with a single
Vergil
gif.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bam.

This book has SO much interesting developer content. It's amazing. A true wealth of information.

For example, did you guy's know that Kamiya-san was initially adamant against Dante having a jump in DMC1, to the point where other team members had to convince him that the combat was getting too complicated without a jump?

Or, that if DMC3 didn't turn out well, Itsuno was basically determined to quit his job? This was coming after he was forced to develop DMC2, after all.

Or how while the half-Angel/half-Demon concept came from Ninja Theory and had those concepts they wanted to integrate, Itsuno said they had very little in the way of a vision for gameplay.

Or how Ikawa is a giant perv that spent most of his time working on DMC4 Lady's short shorts. These interviews are hilarious. Itsuno also mentions how all Ninja Theory women look the same, lol.

Itsuno says that he'd love to work on a sequel to the original series starring Dante and Nero, and if we want to see that, let it be known however we can. Nothing would make him happier.

Dahbomb

Kamiya-san was initially adamant against Dante having a jump in DMC1
Kamiya a fucking fraud confirmed!

that if DMC3 didn't turn out well, Itsuno was basically determined to quit his job?
I said GOD DAMN!

I need an exact paragraph on this.

He says that he'd love to work on a sequel to the original series starring Dante and Nero, and if we want to see that, let it be known however we can.
ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The book also reminded me that DMC3SE and DMC4 were being developed at the same time...

DMC3SE:DMC4::DMC4SE:????

I said GOD DAMN!

I need an exact paragraph on this.

In the context of discussing DMC3 as being redemption for DMC2.
Moreover the team for DMC3 was a ragtag collection of in house staff members who - despite being plenty skilled - had never worked on any blockbuster hits for the most part. They were guys who wouldn't have much Capcom related experience to put on their resumes if they quit the company right there and then, I was also determined to quit Capcom if DMC3 didn't turn out well, so I tried to motivate the team with the idea that they'd get to put their names on something really great. In that sense, we were driven.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So DMC is a no show for TGS? Thats ok PSX it is. Get back into the hype train people , the stops over.

Yeah, it looks like a no show. There's NYCC and PSX for the rest of the year. But frankly, as Seyavesh points out, they could announce something on any given tuesday.

Seyavesh

EDIT:
I also keep failing to post this gif. Anyone ever seen a side switch faster then this? Fastest one I ever pulled off.

yeah, but it's ridiculously stupid hard to do- you have to delay the JC on a divekick by a frame or three so you JC on the other side. you can do it on both small and mega scarecrows so i'd imagine you could do it on every other enemy too.

you really gotta be intimate with the speed/JC timing/positioning of trish's divekick
H1qPReq.gif

Akiller

In the context of discussing DMC3 as being redemption for DMC2.

"Moreover the team for DMC3 was a ragtag collection of in house staff members who - despite being plenty skilled - had never worked on any blockbuster hits for the most part. They were guys who wouldn't have much Capcom related experience to put on their resumes if they quit the company right there and then, I was also determined to quit Capcom if DMC3 didn't turn out well, so I tried to motivate the team with the idea that they'd get to put their names on something really great. In that sense, we were driven."

Vergilseyes.gif

BadWolf

Bam.

This book has SO much interesting developer content. It's amazing. A true wealth of information.

For example, did you guy's know that Kamiya-san was initially adamant against Dante having a jump in DMC1, to the point where other team members had to convince him that the combat was getting too complicated without a jump?

Or, that if DMC3 didn't turn out well, Itsuno was basically determined to quit his job? This was coming after he was forced to develop DMC2, after all.

Or how while the half-Angel/half-Demon concept came from Ninja Theory and had those concepts they wanted to integrate, Itsuno said they had very little in the way of a vision for gameplay.

Or how Ikawa is a giant perv that spent most of his time working on DMC4 Lady's short shorts. These interviews are hilarious. Itsuno also mentions how all Ninja Theory women look the same, lol.

Itsuno says that he'd love to work on a sequel to the original series starring Dante and Nero, and if we want to see that, let it be known however we can. Nothing would make him happier.

Sweet pick up man, congrats.

And thanks for the Nero confirmation! That is definitely the best direction they could have taken for both Nero and Vergil as characters (and just adds to the list of fundamental differences between Vergil and Dante).

And lol at some of those tidbits.

People love giving Kamiya all the credit but he was definitely in the wrong there, big time.

Managed to chain 10 judgment cuts , starting to get the timing down

Damn. Looking awesome!

1), thank you to everyone who replied back with a PM. Everyone responded quickly with the end credit info. :)
2) Sorry about not keeping everyone updated. I started the video last weekend but this entire week I haven't worked on it since I've been incredibly busy with work(I went to bed 3 days in a row after coming home from work)
3) Based on the feedback you guys originally gave I made changes:
-Updated the clips with preferred names
-Removed the border
-Brightened up some of the videos
-Cleaned the audio
-Clips inline with music/music transition.
4) Changed the font used. I was using a custom font (Mael) which is based on the DMC font but since it didn't have a lower case, it meant GuardianE looked like GUARDIANE. Or: Guar-diane. I don't think being seen as 'Diane' would be a good idea so I went with a different font.
5) originally one of the songs was a Seyavesh suggestion (MvC3 Dante/Vergil mix) but it was too short to use so I had to change it to another song (Another Max Anarchy song (Sorry GuardianE)
6) 720p, 60FPS brah.
Depending on what happens tomorrow, I should be able to finish it. Needs a couple of changes regarding the sound(especially the ending transition into the credits), need to make the credits and then make sure it looks good. Then I'll provide a link for you guys to download it.

80% finished (Quote to reveal)

Damn, I'm jealous. I ordered the book in April through Amazon and it's scheduled to arrive Monday. Can't wait to read all the stuff in it.

I have an Amazon voucher, but I think it's going on the next set of Amiibos :(

I got my signed DMC4: SE copy today too! Fucking happy as hell!

Top Bottom