• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Seyavesh

This is the best thing I've seen all day. Is there a gif/webm of this in action?

nah, i scrapped it awhile back because the pizzas wouldn't scale properly.. i wanted giant pizza slices to replace the swords, not regular sized ones

meanwhile, here's a vid about some vergil tech regarding angelos (and supposedly other enemies? i haven't had any success with 'em):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zTAAe_OLY&feature=youtu.be

it's pretty cool but i can't think of what exactly i'd do with the setups besides round trip stuff or beowulf charge moves

yeah, same
i wanted to see if i could get the slashes to be DMC3 style too, with the rounded sword swings but no dice- the shape is controlled by something in the effect files that i'm clueless about. so replacing the texture and model still gets the lines
wholesale replacing sections just causes crashes so that's out of the picture, too
edit: oops, uploaded an older version- it should be fixed now. the only difference is just that DT yamato combo a's two handed swings aren't white, haha. i just like that thematic consistency

964TXu3.jpg

Oh man that would be incredible.

Currently going back to streaming DMC4: SE for a bit.
www.twitch.tv/bumblebeecody

Good news, everyone.

The first minute is now complete! This is the overall layout and theme of the CMV. Think of it like a trailer(funnily enough, DMC CMV trailers are actually a thing).
Quote to reveal

Feedback? Does it accurately represent you guys? Suggestions?

(I'm taking a break tonight. Today was just to layout the CMV template and get the ideas out but it does mean tomorrow I can make the rest of the video now it's all laid out).

Sesha

The black borders are a little distracting. Is that a final effect or just for the trailer?

Looks solid otherwise, though the resolution could be clearer.

Seyavesh

yeah, i'm not a fan of vignetting in general.
beyond that, it looks like it's off to a good start.
the intro and crediting both look good

i'm assuming the fuzziness is just a quick render or a way of getting varying video qualities to be more in line with each other

also i'd like to be credited as tab, this handle is just the one i use here

Everything's looking pretty good. I like the intro and the way the crediting was done.
I personally dont mind the vignette, but can see why people might not like it.

I would prefer to go by my PSN/YT though (devilnevercry124) if it isnt too much trouble to edit.

Also just realized Vergil can table hopper out of Million Stab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40s1drJFITs

Seyavesh

Also just realized Vergil can table hopper out of Million Stab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40s1drJFITs

is that during the actual rapid stab frames or the transition between the stabs and the ender? inbetween the stabs and ender you can actually cancel into anything you want- i sometimes get a weird thing where if i do the stab ender into rapid slash+orbit, vergil will still go through the enemy and orbit past them. it looks really cool

is that during the actual rapid stab frames or the transition between the stabs and the ender? inbetween the stabs and ender you can actually cancel into anything you want- i sometimes get a weird thing where if i do the stab ender into rapid slash+orbit, vergil will still go through the enemy and orbit past them. it looks really cool

Went and tested it, you're right it seems to be the gap between the million stab and the ender. That orbit thing you mentioned does look cool though.

gunbo13

I like the editing. I don't mind effects that the editor likes, it is their creation. As for the names, I think it makes sense to use neogaf handles since this is a neogaf CMV... Though I'm also using the same name so I might feel different otherwise.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think it looks great so far. Slick editing work with the avatars and names, and the intro looks nice. I do agree that the black vignetting is a bit distracting to me, personally.

As for the names, I think it makes sense to use neogaf handles since this is a neogaf CMV... Though I'm also using the same name so I might feel different otherwise.

There could always be a quick credits roll at the end with the GAF name/Youtube name as appropriate.

Cool cool. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I added a "subtle" gradient border around the side and upon playback, it does look pretty terrible. I watch the video back on my phone and actually makes the video harder to see. It's a simple thing to remove.

The next thing though is the names/video clip branding and any additional info. I'll be PMing all of you with information that'll need to be placed in the credits (basically your YouTube name, Twitch name and/or GamerTag). Not much but.

Credits look like:
wgNpTUI.png

Clawww

So, a bit of googling turned up a modified .exe with motion blur turned down. It's been working out quite nicely! Looks a lot better to me now, and there's less performance hiccups.

Seyavesh

So, a bit of googling turned up a modified .exe with motion blur turned down. It's been working out quite nicely! Looks a lot better to me now, and there's less performance hiccups.
yeah, you can just hex edit the .exe to get rid of the motion blur, depth of field, godrays, bloom and whatever else extra was added that's annoying

also replacing rainstorm/honeycomb's muzzle flashes with lady's was a good ass idea.
unfortunately the stream of bullets from her forward+style handgun move is disconnected from the muzzle flash for that, so no dice on getting that to work

gzH2Sj5.gif

Seyavesh

i don't think it'll be there, just because i realized that capcom's current announcement schedule has been complete unrelated to gameshows at all

like, every big announcement they've done barring sf4 on ps4 has just been on random ass days and whatnot, never actually related to gameshows or anything

i don't think it'll be there, just because i realized that capcom's current announcement schedule has been complete unrelated to gameshows at all

like, every big announcement they've done barring sf4 on ps4 has just been on random ass days and whatnot, never actually related to gameshows or anything

I agree with this, especially when considering RE6 which came out of nowhere by revealing it in the middle of Jan 2012 if i recall correctly.

Then again this TGS is quite big and perfect stage to reveal it...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The only reason I'm sort of hopeful is because TGS reveals is almost a DMC tradition now. And if it ends up being a PS4 exclusive, it'd likely make it onto the big stage.

Dahbomb

Team Ninja seems to be making Ni-Oh which is like an Onimusha type action game!

Looks like a cross between Onimusha and NG.

No DMC5 at the Sony conference.... RIP in pepperoni.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
There's still TGS itself for a potential DMC5 announcement. There's no way that was all Capcom had to show. Not even a SFV character reveal.

Seyavesh

capcom gonna capcom, as usual

honestly i'm expecting a re7/dmc5 announcement just randomly midday on a random ass wednesday or something

Akiller

There's still TGS itself for a potential DMC5 announcement. There's no way that was all Capcom had to show. Not even a SFV character reveal.

That's right, though i have a bad feeling , i mean Sony conference was the best place to announce things like a new SFV ect and they didn't. Maybe they think they'll be more impactful if they'll announce them on their own?

Sesha

They made a big song and dance about RE's 20th anniversary, and the only thing they have to announce is fucking Umbrella Corps. I guess that was the new 3PS IP Verendus was talking about.

Capcom doesn't usually celebrate anniversaries, but the RE 20th anniversary talk almost made me hopeful. Next year is DMC's 15th anniversary as well. DMC5, where are thou?

oh hey the pizza box came in
...i can't read these signatures.

edit: took a better shot

I think both of the signatures read H. Itsuno.

We're not done yet. TGS proper has yet to begin, and Capcom is having a livestream on the 19th.
Stahp

DMC5 announced for iOS, Android and Atari 2600. Dante has 100 Lucifer pins. You have to top up Lucifer using microtransactions(game uses Silver Orbs as currency) Or you wait 24 hours for them to refill. The game also has a stamina bar in which Dante tires out with each enemy he fights. You have to refill this with Silver Orbs or wait for Dante to recover.
*Is also actually a block building game.

Guys don't do this to yourselves. Capcom didn't miss Sony's big Pre-TGS conference just to go on and announce the game a few days later during some event in the real show. They can't be THAT stupid.

DMC5 ain't happening at TGS. So, let's just focus on PSX or something.

Dahbomb

Were previous DMC all announced at Sony conference or just during the TGS days?
DMC3 announced at E3, not at Sony conference.
DMC4 announced at E3 at Sony conference. Reshown at TGS after a year but not at Sony conference.
DmC announced at TGS not at Sony conference.

Only DMC4 has been shown at a Sony conference.

Top Bottom