• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Seyavesh

welp here we go again
vxRAwo8.gif

also got 2 new clips in for the combo vid, i'm really happy with one of them even though it's really simple because it looks really dumb

the other one... ehhh, still not sure

gunbo13

So if anyone has some popular mission spots to share, I'm looking for areas with good enemy setups, nice backdrops, etc... drop something here. I'm a very boring mission 12 / BP guy so would be great to know more colorful areas to do some capping. Thanks.
Reposting. Jez guys, for how much you are playing you'd think I could get a few hints here. :(

I have felt that vanilla Vergil (non-DT) just hasn't been sped up enough in videos. It's all DT (often debug) stuff. My goal is to speed up vanilla Vergil, not just his DT mechanics. I think I'm doing quite well so far. I will be uploading source vids to CMV just in case they work.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Vergil Combo 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBA2r914nUQ

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Vergil Combo 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0s1Q56uX8

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Vergil Combo 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-RdN-ukeO8

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Vergil Combo 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmqQXHtGD0c

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Vergil Combo 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42U7LpCxA4

Dahbomb

Capcom just fucking BRING IT already!

I am thirstier than a camel in a sweater in the Sahara desert on a 115 degree day.

Seyavesh

Reposting. Jez guys, for how much you are playing you'd think I could get a few hints here. :(

i've been trying out mission 17, the one before the savior fight. the fountain area is a nice arena vs. angelos. the street doesn't bug me too much as there's one section in it you can drag your wanted enemy to that is mostly clear.

there's also the platform at the start i guess, but there's only angelos and regular scarecrows there so it depends on how much you wanna fight 'em, i guess?

as for interesting gimmick locations: i really like mission 15's dining room fight, where a few mega scarecrows spawn alongside some scarecrows. it's a nice setup specifically because it's a relatively closed arena with an extremely low ceiling, meaning you can do bizarre stuff with launchers that float enemies as they just kinda float into the ceiling for a bit.

gunbo13

i've been trying out mission 17, the one before the savior fight. the fountain area is a nice arena vs. angelos. the street doesn't bug me too much as there's one section in it you can drag your wanted enemy to that is mostly clear.

there's also the platform at the start i guess, but there's only angelos and regular scarecrows there so it depends on how much you wanna fight 'em, i guess?

as for interesting gimmick locations: i really like mission 15's dining room fight, where a few mega scarecrows spawn alongside some scarecrows. it's a nice setup specifically because it's a relatively closed arena with an extremely low ceiling, meaning you can do bizarre stuff with launchers that float enemies as they just kinda float into the ceiling for a bit.
Sounds good. I'll check them out. I need some new backgrounds and enemy setups.

Going to stop YT uploads for now. Hopefully can get better stuff for CMV.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Mission 3 with the Frosts immediately preceding the cathedral is nice. Mission 4, in the place with the final locked Gyroblade is a convenient area because you can easily restart by finishing off all the Scarecrows/Megascarecrows and killing yourself immediately outside against the Basilisks.

Seyavesh

Mission 3 with the Frosts immediately preceding the cathedral is nice. Mission 4, in the place with the final locked Gyroblade is a convenient area because you can easily restart by finishing off all the Scarecrows/Megascarecrows and kill yourself immediately outside against the Basilisks.

ah yeah, that reminds me. near the end of mission 16, with the same location as the frosts in 3 is good if you want to kill some hellhounds with a lot of open space.

with vergil and trish you can do the opening skip to jump through the ceiling and skip all the fights and basically the entire level so you can get to what you want. restarting puts you at the entrance hall to the cathedral too, which is somewhat convenient.

restarting for the dining room fight is quite painful because you have to start like four rooms and one large fight vs. angelos away (in the library)

thanks.
in regards to the faces, all the characters make silly faces when you taunt with them. just a funny 'lil detail.

as for content:
huangRS's combo vid just came out- it's got some neat lady and lucifer stuff in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_kYhWjl9w

catherine enthalpy released another vergil combo collection that has a hilarious ending combo that i am stealing the hell out of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSL-DBEm_3g

edit:
now i'm wondering what i'm gonna do with the signed pizza box as i'm not much of a collector and don't own a ps4...
hm

Just saw this.

Holy shit, that Dante reaction was pure gold. Hahahaha.

Seyavesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSMQRMxGmOw

i really wish i could find the character properties, i'm so close to porting moves wholesale over from different characters..
it's really irritating that the enemy's reaction to an attack and player character's properties during the attack are apparently in different files.

edit:
see http://webm.host/661ec/

the cancel timing and float properties are still dante's, though the hit properties are vergil's... really wondering where the hell they're located

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Interesting. I might ask for clarification. Hype trains seem pretty harmless as long as the thread doesn't devolve into just that. But a banned meme is a banned meme, too.

Dragon's Dogma finally coming to PC.

Is Capcom back?

Nope... not until they unleash DMC5!

It's another hit on the fan request list. Capcom has been on a roll lately, and I hope the hot streak continues into DMC5 and beyond.

Sesha

What else is left?

- DmC DE for PC
- Western release for Dai Gyakuten Saiban
- Western release for Dragon's Dogma Online
- Rename BoF6
- Announce a proper BoF 6 by Makoto Ikehara and Yoshikawa Tatsuya for PS3/4/3DS/Wii U/PC
- DMC5
- RE7
- RE3-make after 2 comes out.

Patch Vergil?

NONSENSE!

No. Patch everything else that's wrong with it. Though they should patch his teleports to make Trick Up and Trick Down function like in 3SE. Won't happen though.

Sesha

Some things are just impossible, though. To do both of those they'd have to make a new agreement with Disney. Capcom wanting to please fans is one thing, but making a deal with Disney is an almost Sisyphean task. Maybe guys like Adam Boyes or John Vignocchi could get the ball rolling, I don't know.

And honestly I'd rather see Capcom All-Stars before Marvel 4.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You can always tack on more things to a "Capcom Wishlist". Bring back Mega Man. Bring back Onimusha. Bring back Bionic Commando. It's just a testament to their brand strength and legacy, really.

I'd say that the currently most requested titles from Capcom at this point is the localization of The Great Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, DMC5, Dragon's Dogma 2, and a new fighting game (Capcom All Stars).

BadWolf

Dragon's Dogma Online seems to have taken off (over 100K concurrent users achieved and over 950K downloads already) so the chances of a Dragon's Dogma 2 seem slim. Though to be fair the original DD very much felt like an MMO with no multiplayer features.

Eitherway, really happy to see Itsuno's dream project do well and he seems to have successfully handed the IP over to another team while being able to work on something else himself.

With DD's PC release (and possible PS4/X1 release) it should hopefully end up with well over 3 million sales total (last number was 2.2 million iirc).

Patch Vergil?

NONSENSE!

It's not about patching Vergil; the PC version launched with some tremendously stupid issues. To get the game running well and stable, you need to hex edit the executable to disable DoF and motion blur, then go into system32, copy some old files, and paste them into the Special Edition directory to prevent DX10 crashing issues that we've known about for years. Even then the performance is notably worse than the original's. It's stupid.

I'm hoping they don't manage to screw up Dragon's Dogma on PC, since Capcom slid pretty visibly from some of the best PC versions to mediocre nonsense after RE6.

Sesha

Valkyria Chronicles sold about 500k according to SteamSpy. They can reach that number and beyond, unless they fuck up the port somehow by retaining the black bars or launching it with bugs or graphical or performance issues.

You can always tack on more things to a "Capcom Wishlist". Bring back Mega Man. Bring back Onimusha. Bring back Bionic Commando. It's just a testament to their brand strength and legacy, really.

I'd say that the currently most requested titles from Capcom at this point is the localization of The Great Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney Investigations 2, DMC5, Dragon's Dogma 2, and a new fighting game (Capcom All Stars).

I tried to keep it somewhat plausible. RE3 remake is probably inevitable if RE2 does well.

Somehow the most unrealistic thing on that list is BoF6 getting renamed. Getting a proper BoF6 even more so.

Devil May Cry Series Sale on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/devil-may-cry

DMC3: $4.99
DMC4SE: $18.74

Not really that great a sale, considering that GreenManGaming has perpetual 25% off coupons, but nice to see it on the front page.

DMC franchise sale just a week before TGS.

Hmm.

Valkyria Chronicles sold about 500k according to SteamSpy. They can reach that number and beyond, unless they fuck up the port somehow by retaining the black bars or launching it with bugs or graphical or performance issues.

I tried to keep it somewhat plausible. RE3 remake is probably inevitable if RE2 does well.

Somehow the most unrealistic thing on that list is BoF6 getting renamed. Getting a proper BoF6 even more so.

DMC franchise sale just a week before TGS.

Hmm.
Lmao, every nibble is a bite with you guys
me too,

Dahbomb

Raiden vs Wolverine about to go down on Death Battle.

Who likes Raiden in this?

When's Dante Death Battle though? Maybe saving for after DMC5 amirite?

Dahbomb

LOL they used DMC music in that fight...

And that fight was insane! I really want to see them do Dante now. Their fights have gotten way more advance ever since that Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher death battle.

You forgot Marvel 3 patch and MVC4.

Patch Vergil?

NONSENSE!

We come full circle Kappa

So firstly,
Thank you to everyone who entered the NeoGAF CMV. Had a few entrants (5 people) but enough that we make a 5(ish) minute video from all the clips. I'm currently filtering through all of them, trimming them down and fitting them into order.

Next up is what song people want.
So far the song list is:
GuardianE: Here we go (Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns OST)
BumblebeeCody: Play My Ass Off (Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns OST)
Darkslayer101: Magnolia Eclair (Guilty Gear xRD OST)

What songs would people like in? Any objections to the current list?
-------
Edit: There is still 2 or so more days to enter
(Entry rules here)
-------
Edit 2:
Already started working on it. (quote to reveal link)

Keep in mind that this is with only 1 hour of editing it together. Obviously there will be an intro, sound levels credits and a lot more effort put into the clip arrangement, trimming and display. But this should give you a taster of what's to come. Looking awesome so far. I had to re-render two people that submitted videos as they were incredibly large(really should've stated). S'all good though.

PM me with feedback/suggestions.
Really surprised no-one played Dante. I threw mine in at the end. I'm happy about it too. Nice to see people trying the new characters as opposed to another Dante CMV.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So firstly,
Thank you to everyone who entered the NeoGAF CMV. Had a few entrants (5 people) but enough that we make a 5(ish) minute video from all the clips. I'm currently filtering through all of them, trimming them down and fitting them into order.

Next up is what song people want.
What songs would people like in? Any objections to the current list?
-------
Edit: There is still 2 or so more days to enter
(Entry rules here)
-------
Edit 2:
Already started working on it. (quote to reveal link)

Keep in mind that this is with only 1 hour of editing it together. Obviously there will be an intro, sound levels credits and a lot more effort put into the clip arrangement, trimming and display. But this should give you a taster of what's to come. Looking awesome so far. I had to re-render two people that submitted videos as they were incredibly large(really should've stated). S'all good though.

PM me with feedback/suggestions.
Really surprised no-one played Dante. I threw mine in at the end. I'm happy about it too. Nice to see people trying the new characters as opposed to another Dante CMV.

Looks great so far! Nice editing, man. Two days left means plenty of time for people to submit stuff.

I'm glad you pulled out Dante at the end.

gunbo13

Edit: On side-note i realised all the Nero clips were from me. Cool.
Nice. We needed some Nero. I'm not willing to risk switching to another character for fear I will clunk up my Vergil. More Dante!

I'm in a creative rut. I might have capped some decent couple to submit later but it's megacrow stuff. The problem with them is that they suck for certain things like inertia due to their large bodies. I can only think of frosts and knights working outside debug as the rest of the cast perish quick. But it will be my last target style, if I can pull something off.

EDIT:
I'm also having flashbacks why I stopped DMC3 combo vids. The 1 hour warmup ups are painful and I'm that point with Vergil now.

So today is the last day to submit combos.

That being said:
I'm open to people wanting to change their combos. If you are someone who sent in a combo are unhappy with it, you have a week to have it changed. This is mainly because I'm starting to edit the CMV properly this weekend. It has to fit with the music so timing is very important. I don't wanna have to constantly edit it. :(

So yeah, a few hours left (not going by British Time). :)

Seyavesh

yeah, same
i wanted to see if i could get the slashes to be DMC3 style too, with the rounded sword swings but no dice- the shape is controlled by something in the effect files that i'm clueless about. so replacing the texture and model still gets the lines
wholesale replacing sections just causes crashes so that's out of the picture, too
edit: oops, uploaded an older version- it should be fixed now. the only difference is just that DT yamato combo a's two handed swings aren't white, haha. i just like that thematic consistency

964TXu3.jpg

Top Bottom