• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nothing big, but it shows that DMC is on Capcom's radar for the future:

tsFfo00.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1124001

Seyavesh

http://webm.host/a09d6/

well, i guess you can chain from perfect judgement cuts too. the visual cue is exactly the same too in terms of the sword being sheathed too so that's really convenient i guess

but also holy shit ow my hands holding swords, judgement cuts, lock-on and also doing the chain motion (release, flick movement stick) is painful

too bad i still can't do the air chain ones. i really wanna make a combo that's just 90% judgement cut chains and summon sword launchers to keep em midair

so if DMC5 is tracking for a 2017 release... then we should get an announcement on a random tuesday in 2016. Hope someone from the inside jumps the gun during psx or sometime sooner...

gunbo13

seeing donguri's trish vs. sanctus after his absolutely ridiculous freeplay/freestyle as dante bums me out... he's missing out on doing a lil bit of stuff that's interesting instead of nothing when doing that fight as trish
That's because Donguri has a godlike Dante and a mediocre everything else. It's pretty obvious there is a giant rift with a character he/she spent 10,000+ hours on and the new bloods.
That combo is very fast so it looks crazy. The core elements that make it difficult are the well timed inertia JC's and the frost bounce on sword pop. The rest is just really fast reverse attacks and side switching. I haven't played since the CMW but it would take me quite a while to get to that speed.

can't you set it with hydris's cheatengine table under the mediator section's "game difficulty"?

or use the DMC4SE spoilerAL table and just set it to GMD?

yea i used cheatengine to change the values during BP but it always ends up crashing after a while. I didn't know spoileral worked for SE though. I'll just try that. Thanks

Bloody Palace should not have a bloody timer. Was messing around as Nero in there and suddenly ran out of time.

It was totally not a thing that I was paying attention to. If there's a threat to me in bloody palace it's those Spark assholes, not the timer. Sheesh.

Seyavesh

Talk about lttp, but at least this confirms to me that DMC5 is in development... So what we thinking now PSX reveal? E3 reveal? TGS reaveal? Don't think Capcom would drop DMC5 on a random Tuesday...
still in random tuesday camp. capcom don't care
also here's an old trish webm that i liked:
http://webm.host/06a68/

i should probably start saving and compiling all the short webms ive had of training mode stuff that i liked. i've got an ungodly amount of deleted footage that looks cool

Dahbomb

Talk about lttp, but at least this confirms to me that DMC5 is in development... So what we thinking now PSX reveal? E3 reveal? TGS reaveal? Don't think Capcom would drop DMC5 on a random Tuesday...
The way it's slated in it means we won't see a hint of it until at least 2016.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not necessarily. Even if the game is set to release early 2017, they could still announce it at PSX just like they did with SFV.

Capcom has been getting away from announcing games too early since RE5. They recognize that it hurts the hype train if the wait is too long. You basically never see an announcement over a year out from release anymore. SFV had to be announced at PSX because of the Sony exclusivity.

Capcom has been getting away from announcing games too early since RE5. They recognize that it hurts the hype train if the wait is too long. You basically never see an announcement over a year out from release anymore. SFV had to be announced at PSX because of the Sony exclusivity.

Well it depends on your definition of "early" then. I don't think announcing a game 14-15 months before it's release is really early, especially if they do it with a teaser but we shall wait and see.

At any rate, I fully expect Capcom to announce at least one new big current gen title at PSX.

And I finally got my avatar back :) I'll never trust Atlus ever ever ever again.

Seyavesh

look at how much of a difference that makes even without changing the shapes cmon
Wvut3W3.gif

credit goes to chinese modder for this mod, it ain't mine

edit:
derp doublepost

Seyavesh

Unfortunately, his 4SE model lacks arms under the coat. Presumably, someone will try to recreate his coatless costume after the shirtless Dante mod finally comes out.
god, i wish someone got a hold of that prototype 3dsmax script. i really hate that the dude got one snarky comment and immediately dipped without even dropping a WIP version. that there's several copies of it floating out in the wild is extra irritating, really. i just want to give vergil some damn arms!
wAsRT3x.gif

N313

guys, i'll put de link for youtube or other site in this part of site. Anyone can send link for your channel.

12079564_1216489058366453_1496902240120486846_n.jpg

Just send me for: incneet@gmail.com

* 1 reprensentative image from devil may cry series (Please dont send DmC). The image i'll put in mini banner.
* link for your youtube site or other.
* Name

thnks. ^^

site soon:

Seyavesh

what is that, like an official site for high lvl play/discussion for that?
tempted to submit but i wanna know the details first i guess

N313

what is that, like an official site for high lvl play/discussion for that?
tempted to submit but i wanna know the details first i guess

oh no, this is for Devil May Cry fans, i dont care if you're a pro or normal.
This part is for players with link redirecting for your channell in youtube or other site (no ads).

Dahbomb

Is that worth making a thread about? I wish they'd have done an actual death batte instead..
No, these minute melee things don't actually mean much. Remember that they had Dante vs Ragna but had Dante lose that match lol.

I would wait for a real Sephiroth vs Vergil fight. Seems like the perfect face off too.

Dahbomb

I don't know enough about Sephiroth to know how the fight would stack up.

Though if Cloud lost to Link in the Deathbattle yet won against Sephiroth then I would have to say that Dante/Vergil can whoop those FF boys easy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just watched the Ragna vs. Dante one minute melee. No research indeed. Ragna did a bunch of stuff he's never ever done in BlazBlue and Dante never activated DT.

Seyavesh

uploaded some of the scrap combos i was talkin' about earlier, tried re-creating them to the best of my ability alongside adding one or two new ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOpQmX8_DhA

all of these might find their way in a refined form later but as of now they're just kinda abandoned concepts that look cool with too much flailing to be up to the keystone standard

I agree with most of Dahbomb's posts regarding accessibility. The L1 thing is a good solution. Though personally, I would make X the jump and the trickster mode, since I see no reason why you can't just release the L1 mod if you want to jump (in the same way you release lock-on if you want to jump sideways). regardless that's just a minor detail

DMC4's control inefficiency drives me wild.
For example, I have trickster set to L1 which makes it easy-access

I have gotten used to it, but in principle I still cannot get over the fact that if I'm, say, in Swordmaster and I want to dash then switch back to SM, I have to:
- switch to TS (L1)
- hit style
- switch back to SM

Whereas in a modern-ish action game, hitting L1 would have me dash there and then.
I have always looked at it as complexity for complexity's sake

Speaking of another inefficiency - the presence of both roll and dash.
I think they should permanently do away with one, we certainly don't need both, too superfluous
I wouldn't mind if they made jump = jump, and lockon jump = dash, or an omni-directional roll

Dahbomb

Next Death Battle spoilers:

Another FF character got the beat down in Death Battle. Man they got a lot of light weights in the FF7 universe...

ShinMaruku

Sepiroth would do better than you think. However he can't beat Vergil just due to stamina issues.

Death battles should do better and do:
ncOnechanbara-Z-Kagura_X360-09.png

vs
the_twin__vergil_and_dante__by_silvercat_sama-d4w0z2l.jpg

Result would probably be Seaphina tbh.....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
holy shit i have never noticed that dante's dmc3 outfit doesn't have both sleeves rolled up until now

Yeah, his one sleeve gets torn during the fight with Vergil, and he tears the remainder off afterwards. His default costume from that point forward is with the one sleeve ripped off.

Dahbomb

holy shit i have never noticed that dante's dmc3 outfit doesn't have both sleeves rolled up until now
In DMC3 when you first start the game he has full sleeves on both of his jacket. When you get whooped by Vergil the first time, one of his sleeves gets cut off.

Even in UMVC3 it's his post cut off sleeve costume:

latest

I was really hoping the glove would be cut on NG+ plays but I suppose it wouldn't be much of a change. Just think it would be nice to have kept the torn glove from his very last action towards Vergil.

Top Bottom