• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

calling all DMC fans

tomorrow is PSX...

is there any element of "Believe" inside of you for tomorrow :)?
If DMC5 was showing up at PSX, it would have probably been rumored by now. And the way Reuben talked about DMC5 rumors makes me feel we won't see DMC5 for a while.. Maybe a teaser at the next E3...

Dahbomb

Maybe a TGS 2005-esque teaser; with another four or so years until release. At least the facial animation won't be as horrifying this time.
I would rather they not showcase a concept CG trailer if they are going to unveil it. Just announce that it's in development and some other facts on it (who's working on it, some features, characters, timeline etc).

I think it's safe to assume that Capcom is struggling with development this Gen. Deep Down has been on radio silence the past year after already being delayed twice, nothing seems to be running on Panta Rhei, RE 7 still hasn't even been teased, DMC 5 sounds like it's still in the planning stages, and Street Fighter V is only happening right now because of Sony according to Ono.

I think it's safe to assume that Capcom is struggling with development this Gen. Deep Down has been on radio silence the past year after already being delayed twice, nothing seems to be running on Panta Rhei, RE 7 still hasn't even been teased, DMC 5 sounds like it's still in the planning stages, and Street Fighter V is only happening right now because of Sony according to Ono.
I think they are struggling, but also I believe now developers don't announce or reveal games unless they are being released within the next year. Like Fallout, etc. But what surprises me is how Square Enix seems to be doing so well and Capcom fall off the map after last gen. Maybe Capcom should have merged with another Japanese company or something...

I await the DMC5 reveal reaction videos when it is revealed...

Dahbomb

Yeah it's been heavily rumored that Capcom is moving away from Panta Rhei and are starting to convert to Unreal Engine 4. Probably why Deep Down has been on hiatus.

I pretty much expect DMC5 to be on UE4 at this point.

no character in any action game will ever surpass Dante DMC 4 in combat depth, ever....

and with what you guys are telling me about how DMC 4 SE Vergil is the best iteration of Vergil....

No DMC5 at PSX means that I'm officially gonna miss the announcement :(

Man, I wish I could have seen it myself but all I can do now is to hope that you guys enjoy it in my place as well.

Did I phrased that wrong? I meant that since I won't be here to see it myself I hope that you guys would enjoy it for me as well.
I think people are wondering if you will be here (as in not dead) to see the DMC5 reveal, or if you meant you won't be able to see DMC5 reveal at E3 in person (or possibly not have access to a computer/be away).

I think people are wondering if you will be here (as in not dead) to see the DMC5 reveal, or if you meant you won't be able to see DMC5 reveal at E3 in person (or possibly not have access to a computer/be away).
Oh... that.

No, I won't be dead (at least I hope not :D ) but I have to go to 2 years of mandatory army service soon (2 or if I'm lucky around 4-5 months from now) so I'll miss pretty much everything until I (hopefully) come back in mid 2018.

Sorry I should have been more clear in my first post. Not dying, just going away for a long time.

Mizerman

Oh... that.

No, I won't be dead (at least I hope not :D ) but I have to go to 2 years of mandatory army service soon (2 or if I'm lucky around 4-5 months from now) so I'll miss pretty much everything until I (hopefully) come back in mid 2018.

Sorry I should have been more clear in my first post.

Ah.

Shame to see you go, but commitments are there.

Ah.

Shame to see you go, but commitments are there.

Thanks. And yeah, unlike many of other guys around here in my age I actually like to experience the time in army cause I believe that is a good experience that can change the course of a person's life for better.

I know it's gonna be hard but in the end, I'm sure it'll be worth it,

Dahbomb

Oh... that.

Sorry I should have been more clear in my first post. Not dying, just going away for a long time.
Well that's good I guess (better than what most people here expected which was that you had some terminal illness). Don't some military posts have Internet connection? You can check on GAF occasionally.

Well that's good I guess (better than what most people here expected which was that you had some terminal illness). Don't some military posts have Internet connection? You can check on GAF occasionally.

Yeah, so sorry about that I really should have been more clear.

Few military posts do but there are too many variables involved (which branch of the army I would I get sent to? in which outpost/garrison? in which role? etc etc etc...) so the chances of me actually being able to use internet in that duration are pretty slim.

That's why I want you guys to remember me in the eventual DMC5 announcement thread :)

Astarte

Oh, I just read the full rules and Mike Kob won't be participating in VST7. :(

; A;7

Oh... that.

Ah, Korean? I'm due for my service soon too :/

You know the answer then!

Yeah, I'm gonna send the pic that we made to him.

F8WZYOy.jpg

Not only that, I actually asked Greg if he would be kind enough to help us make sure our feedback reaches Itsuno and other devs at DMC team, so hopefully he'll say yes and I can send it to him as well.

So regarding the revelation that FF7 remake is coming out in multiple parts, would people care if Capcom released say a DMC5 prologue with a bloody palace add-on to get something in our hands faster?

So regarding the revelation that FF7 remake is coming out in multiple parts, would people care if Capcom released say a DMC5 prologue with a bloody palace add-on to get something in our hands faster?

I won't lie, I'd rather wait few more years and have a complete game than to have a episodic release.

If they wanna do that with a Lady spin-off or something (like RE:R2) then it would be fine but the mainline series shouldn't go that route, IMO.

Dahbomb

Yeah I would care, it's not a good look. Unless they plan the campaign to be 40 plus hours long with each character having unique campaigns, there's no reason to split up the game.

Golnei

Yeah I would care, it's not a good look. Unless they plan the campaign to be 40 plus hours long with each character having unique campaigns, there's no reason to split up the game.

Unless the increase in budget compared to prior entries in the series while retaining the size of the cast from 4SE would necessitate it - splitting up each character into their own episode would be a way to offset development costs and deadlines and push the series towards more favourable profit margins, while taking advantage of the demographic overlap between DMC and fighting game fans as far as the attach rate of character DLC goes. It might also help avoid situations like the back half of DMC4's notorious backtracking and repetition problems, which could add incentives for less invested fans who might not be entirely swayed to buy every chapter on the basis of each character's unique mechanics.

I guess it depends on how Revelations 2 did for them, and what their plans are for the larger direction of the series in future.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

While I'm not a big fan of episodic content personally, I don't think I'd be completely miffed by this idea if the price and timing were right. It would almost be a beta of sorts and give us a chance to play around with the game while providing feedback. Especially if it allows for a discount on the whole package that releases down the line. The way you're describing it would make it more like a GroundZeroes/Phantom Pain situation than pure episodic.

I'd much prefer a complete package out of the gate, though.

Not only that, I actually asked Greg if he would be kind enough to help us make sure our feedback reaches Itsuno and other devs at DMC team, so hopefully he'll say yes and I can send it to him as well.

I'm sure Greg would do what he can to share the feedback.

Top Bottom