• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Dante's age still makes a big contradiction with Sparda's rebellion against demons and the whole 2000 years ago thingy, though.

According to Itsuno, Sparda first fell in love with Eva and then decided to stand against demons and protect humankind. If that happened 2000 years ago, and considering the fact that Eva was a mere human, then how in the world could have the twins be conceived 1950+ years after that? Eva should have been long dead by then.

Dahbomb

That's not a contradiction in Dante's age, that's a contradiction in when Sparda and Eva first met.

It's more likely that Sparda sealed away Mundus, then spent time in human world in his purple outfit (doing some demon cleaning up, visiting Fortuna) until he finally settled down with Eva years after.

Of course if Eva sparked the fire in Sparda to start the rebellion then that is a plot hole that needs explanation.

Well, Itsuno does say that Sparda rebelled against Mundus for the sake of Eva, so I thought that it means the contradiction/plot hole would be with ages and when Dante and Vergil were conceived.

Either way, I think they need to shed some light on this matter in DMC5.

Golnei

Even though having her be an Umbra Witch specifically probably wasn't something Kamiya had thought of before writing Bayonetta, I would be interested in seeing if he intended Eva to have some sort of conditional agelessness deal from the start. Otherwise, the 'plot hole' is something that could have existed from the very beginning.

So when's the point of no hope for DMC5 reveal this E3. Unless we get a rumor soon, I'm going to assume we have to wait for next E3 or TGS..

Don't think they would announce both RE7 and DMC5 at the same time. Doesn't sound like their style. I feel like they are the type that focuses on one big announcement and rides it till it releases and it looks like RE7 has a much higher chance to be announced when tallying the rumor mill.

There has been nothing in regards to DMC5 and E3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You never stop believing until E3 is over.

It's not over 'til it's over.

giphy.gif

Sesha

So apparently Rockster is going to announce something soon.

In addition to that, Prey 2/reboot, God of War 4, new Crash, and RE7 are all rumored to be at E3. Then there's that rumor about Beyond Good and Evil 2 being alive and coming to NX. Whatever happens, E3 is going to be crazy. Again.

Capcom, DMC5 pls.

Dahbomb

So apparently Rockster is going to announce something soon.

In addition to that, Prey 2/reboot, God of War 4, new Crash, and RE7 are all rumored to be at E3. Then there's that rumor about Beyond Good and Evil 2 being alive and coming to NX. Whatever happens, E3 is going to be crazy. Again.

Capcom, DMC5 pls.
A lot of the bigger games were already unveiled like BF1, new COD, Dishonored 2 etc.

DMC5 looking hella skimpy right now and if I were a betting man I would bet against it being there.

But I am a DMC fan before I am a betting man so I am ALL IN on DMC5 baby!

Realistically, what are we expecting at E3 if the rumours are true that Itsuno's "new" project (started in January) is DMC5? A title? A teaser? A "now in development" screen?

I'm not expecting anything. I'm expecting a Resi 7 reveal and some SFV stuff from Capcom and that's it.

Realistically, what are we expecting at E3 if the rumours are true that Itsuno's "new" project (started in January) is DMC5? A title? A teaser? A "now in development" screen?

I'm not expecting anything. I'm expecting a Resi 7 reveal and some SFV stuff from Capcom and that's it.

Not much to be honest. I mean, if you think about it, DMC4 had a lot of cut content and changed towards the end of development. It also seemed to be lacking in every area (outside of combat) but this was back when Capcom had money. Capcom has no money and their biggest title, SFV, was a launch day mess. If Capcom has no money now then I wouldn't expect DMC5 to be making an appearance.

RazMaTaz

Banned
Not much to be honest. I mean, if you think about it, DMC4 had a lot of cut content and changed towards the end of development. It also seemed to be lacking in every area (outside of combat) but this was back when Capcom had money. Capcom has no money and their biggest title, SFV, was a launch day mess. If Capcom has no money now then I wouldn't expect DMC5 to be making an appearance.

lol @ the email quote.

But with respect to Capcom, considering they have openly stated they are revisiting older franchises, DMC being in their fiscal reports, one can only assume it will certainly be announced in some form or another. I dont think its due to lack of money, as we havent heard Capcom cut down on staff or anything, I think its more scape goating by trying to put minimal funds and effort, and try to maximise profits.

A lot of the bigger games were already unveiled like BF1, new COD, Dishonored 2 etc.

DMC5 looking hella skimpy right now and if I were a betting man I would bet against it being there.

But I am a DMC fan before I am a betting man so I am ALL IN on DMC5 baby!

I would have proposed an avatar bet over this, but I'm too lazy to actually make an avatar after you lose.

Dahbomb

DMC5 is in the works, it's just a question of whether it's in a state that it can be showed off at E3.

I would be fine with a teaser even if is CG. I god damn hate CG trailers but god damn I am thirsty for anything at this point.

Seyavesh

somehow the biggest thing that makes me go 'thats total bullshit' is phantom dust and not anything else

that site screams fake af as a whole but it really somehow is phantom dust that specifically makes me roll my eyes into the back of my head

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yah that asterik next to DMC5 definitely makes it feel like bullshit you throw out there for the hell of it. Ain't no one using latestnewsexplorer as a regular source so they only matter when people are sometimes googling DMC5 for E3...

*likely to appear at E3

That's as good as me writing up a blog and posting it as a source.

Dahbomb

DMC series owners on Steam:

DmC: Devil May Cry - 803.000
Devil May Cry 4 - 286.000
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition - 204.000
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - 142.000

Really surprised at that DmC number. It beats out a lot of other heavy hitting games on that list too.

DMC4 number is probably low because it's actually a GFWL game initially and then came to Steam quite a bit after.

Really surprised at that DmC number.

DMC4 number is probably low because it's actually a GFWL game initially and then came to Steam quite a bit after.
I bought DMC4 at retail... ayy... (in 2009 i think?)

Dahbomb

Same here plus I still have the GFWL version lol. Even 4SE is bought on PS4.

800K on PC for DmC means that combined Xbox and PS3 sales for the game are less than that of PC.

I guess people really wanted that 60FPS superior game play experience.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Really surprised at that DmC number. It beats out a lot of other heavy hitting games on that list too.

Humble Bundle helped those numbers for DmC. People were able to grab it along with a bunch of other Capcom games for anywhere from $5-10.

Dahbomb

Yeah those bundles and sometimes even free giveaways really skewer the results.

USF4 had a free weekend and that probably contributes to it being so higher up.

Sesha

DmC has been bundled twice. Its pre-bundle numbers were between 550-590k. I don't remember exactly. DMC4SE ranged between 86-93k until the bundle.

The PC version of DMC4 launched July 2008. The Steam version of DMC4 released December 2009, almost two full years after the PS360 versions.

Seyavesh

Sakaki new combo mad with Dante,Vergil and Nero. Editing is top notch.

https://youtu.be/YL6xYB5qsc4

every single dante combo with a frost in that is fucking unreal

also the mega scarecrow one with the whiffed air forward+swordmaster move for lucifer one is beautiful

edit:
OH MY GOD THE REGULAR SCARECROW DANTE ONE

edit2:
here's another incredible one/compilation combo vid by "realmanchun"- it has some really unique stuff including actually good trish and lady combos
like, the trish ones blew me away!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4A99_8CKc

Sesha

I've been watching some Let's Players play DMC4SE, even ones familiar with the series and who have played DMC4 before, and I've noticed that they tend to skip buying Enemy Step. We've discussed this before, but Enemy Step absolutely has to be a default action in DMC5. Because as it is, a lot of people are completely unaware of it or otherwise ignore it. Although having it be purchasable might function as a way to make players aware of it, it seems to be working against the feature. Having an in-game tutorial that explains Enemy Step and Jump Canceling would be way more prudent.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sakaki new combo mad with Dante,Vergil and Nero. Editing is top notch.

https://youtu.be/YL6xYB5qsc4

Thanks for sharing! Amazing as usual.

edit2:
here's another incredible one/compilation combo vid by "realmanchun"- it has some really unique stuff including actually good trish and lady combos
like, the trish ones blew me away!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4A99_8CKc

Nice, I hadn't been following realmanchun, but I am now.

I've been watching some Let's Players play DMC4SE, even ones familiar with the series and who have played DMC4 before, and I've noticed that they tend to skip buying Enemy Step. We've discussed this before, but Enemy Step absolutely has to be a default action in DMC5. Because as it is, a lot of people are completely unaware of it or otherwise ignore it. Although having it be purchasable might function as a way to make players aware of it, it seems to be working against the feature. Having an in-game tutorial that explains Enemy Step and Jump Canceling would be way more prudent.

Personally, I suspect that's exactly why it's purchasable. Maybe that's more effective in Japan or something, but it definitely doesn't carry overseas. MGR made the same mistake with offensive defense by making it an extremely cheap purchasable move when it's basically mandatory to play the game properly. So many new players struggled unnecessarily because they didn't know the move existed.

Top Bottom