• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Mizerman

I think Deep Down was Capcom seeing the market for Souls like games and trying to cash in on that.

To answer your RE7 question, no I don't think it was. We knew that it would be released by Q1 2017 due to Capcom's financial reports but there were no rumors about it being at E3. Dead Rising 4 on the other hand was completely leaked before the event.

Also, since we don't anything else to talk about right now, I was wondering, is there any other game announcements that you guys would take over DMC5?

Hmm...

Capcom Fighters
MGR2

That's pretty much it at the moment.

Nothing over DMC5 but these would get me close:

Marvel 4 (or Marvel 3 update)
Dino Crisis 4
Zone of the Enders 3
Ninja Gaiden 4
Metal Gear Rising 2

More unlikely to happen than DMC5 though.
Yah i'd say nothing over DMC5, but MGR2 or NG4 would be great. I'm not happy with the lack of stylish action games anymore (GoW though not stylish abandoned it's DMC roots, and NiOH feels more like Dark Souls so RIP NG).... And for other genres FPSes peaked in 2004, RTS is mostly dead (MOBAs), and Civilization 6 is coming out but i felt Civilization peaked at 4.. The good thing about DMC is that there are still several areas it could improve on, so if DMC5 nails most of it I won't feel like I have to use the phrase "DMC(1/3/4) is great, but [insert glaring flaw]." But I doubt the budget will be super high so we need Itsuno to give us his best effort yet...

Oh right almost forgot, give me mother fucking God Hand 2 (if Mikami directed it).....

It's interesting to see what other games you guys really wanna see more/as much as DMC5. Really interesting to see the Capcom fighters in your lists even after SFV's disappointment. But I guess SFV affected casual fighting players like me more than you guys so I can sorta understand your hype for new fighters from Capcom.

For me personally, after the latest Yakuza 6 info dump, I'm not sure if I would be able to choose DMC5 if say, Sony would have come to me and asked which one would I rather see first, Yakuza 6 localization in 2017 or DMC5's announcement at TGS.

Thankfully Yakuza 0 is releasing soon,
(for the guys who aren't familiar with the series, that's the one with the most stylish battle system in a modern Beat'em up game yet)
so I should be able to get my Yakuza fix :)

Edit: I almost forgot. Yeah, I'll echo you guys on MGR2, NG4 and God Hand 2 as close announcements after DMC5 for me. I would also like to add a multi platform Bayonetta 3 to the mix.

Mizerman

It's interesting to see what other games you guys really wanna see more/as much as DMC5. Really interesting to see the Capcom fighters in your lists even after SFV's disappointment. But I guess SFV affected casual fighting players like me more than you guys so I can sorta understand your hype for new fighters from Capcom.

Well actually, I wanted a Capcom All Stars game way before SFV was even announced. Would've likely happened if SFxT ended up not sinking. Even as someone who likes the hell out of SFV, I still would have liked to see a revamped MvC3 engine but with the entirety of Capcom characters.

As for MGR2...well, I just more Rules of Nature.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Capcom All Stars is a good idea that just makes too much damn sense. But yeah, pretty much nothing would get me more hyped than DMC5 right now. That would have potentially been the Final Fantasy VII Remake, and that's already announced.

Anything that expands the character action genre would be welcome: Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Godhand, Metal Gear Rising, Shinobi/Nightshade, Onimusha, Vanquish...

Sesha

I feel like PSX might be the DMC5 reveal, we probably would have gotten a leak beforehand... What has been rumored for this TGS to be revealed so far?

Keep in mind that Capcom just revealed RE7 and DR4 at E3. They'll want to get those out the door before unveiling another big game. If RE6, RE7 and DR4 are an indication they don't want to unveil big releases too soon either. SFV was an exception because of the beta and other things.

Also, since we don't anything else to talk about right now, I was wondering, is there any other game announcements that you guys would take over DMC5?

Nothing beats DMC5 for me, but some that are close would be Suikoden 6, Shadow Hearts 3, Breath of Fire 7, Alundra 3, Capcom All-Stars, UMvC3 remaster/PC version, Garou 2, The Last Blade 3, Tenchu 5, Shadow Hearts HD Collection, SMT Nocturne HD and God Hand HD. Other than that, more Nioh or Nier 2-esque surprises or new spectacle fighter IPs like GuardianE suggested. All of Dahbomb's suggestions would be on my list too.

Not limited to TGS or Japanese franchises I'd add a new SSX, an SSX HD Collection and Age of Mythology 2 as well.

I like to think I'm very easily satisfied and not dreaming or hoping for a lot.

I think Deep Down was Capcom seeing the market for Souls like games and trying to cash in on that.

To answer your RE7 question, no I don't think it was. We knew that it would be released by Q1 2017 due to Capcom's financial reports but there were no rumors about it being at E3. Dead Rising 4 on the other hand was completely leaked before the event.

I'm pretty sure we were getting crazy RE7 rumors a couple days before E32016, especially the fact that it would support VR

Yah i'd say nothing over DMC5, but MGR2 or NG4 would be great. I'm not happy with the lack of stylish action games anymore (GoW though not stylish abandoned it's DMC roots, and NiOH feels more like Dark Souls so RIP NG).... And for other genres FPSes peaked in 2004, RTS is mostly dead (MOBAs), and Civilization 6 is coming out but i felt Civilization peaked at 4.. The good thing about DMC is that there are still several areas it could improve on, so if DMC5 nails most of it I won't feel like I have to use the phrase "DMC(1/3/4) is great, but [insert glaring flaw]." But I doubt the budget will be super high so we need Itsuno to give us his best effort yet...

Oh right almost forgot, give me mother fucking God Hand 2 (if Mikami directed it).....
Honestly, I have plenty of criticisms for even my favorite games of all time. Nothing wrong with that and I think it's good to be critical (and I think it's possible to be critical without being shitty).

Even if DMC5 is everything I want it to be I'm sure I'lol have criticisms and that's fine because criticisms aren't the same as disliking something.

TreIII

Probably the ONLY Capcom thing that could really challenge my wanton desire for DMC5, would be a fifth Onimusha game.

Ni-oh is great, but it's not going to replace the void that's been left since Dawn of Dreams came out. And since the BASARA gravy train is starting to slow down, maybe it might be time for Capcom to finally turn their attention to the other Sengoku Fantasy action series.

I would like to see another Onimusha too. But after all these years they might need to refresh people's memories with an HD re-release before going for a new title. Either that, or they have to (soft)reboot it.

Well actually, I wanted a Capcom All Stars game way before SFV was even announced. Would've likely happened if SFxT ended up not sinking. Even as someone who likes the hell out of SFV, I still would have liked to see a revamped MvC3 engine but with the entirety of Capcom characters.

As for MGR2...well, I just more Rules of Nature.
Oh, yeah. I was actually hoping for something like that for a long time. Release of SFV made me lose interest in Capcom fighters so I pretty much forgot about it, but before that happened I really wanted to see either a Capcom All-Star or a PlayStation Vs Capcom game using UMvC3's team and engine. Can't say I'm really interested in it right now, though.

I'm pretty sure we were getting crazy RE7 rumors a couple days before E32016, especially the fact that it would support VR

Are you sure about that? I know we had Dead Rising 4 leak completely but I don't think anything about RE7. Some journalist talked about it being more scary a month or so about E3 and there was a thread asking if people would play and FPS RE but that's all I can remember.

I think the fact that it was a FPS and would support VR for the entire duration of the game shocked pretty much everyone.

It's a shame MGR2 was squashed by Kojima leaving Konami. It's actually kind of funny because the only thing I was looking forward to out of the MG series was another MGR. I felt last gen was limiting what MGR could be, and given more time PG would have carved out a great game...

And it seems PG in general is pretty much done with their own IPs with the exception of Bayonetta... Forever Activision's work horse?

Sesha

It's a shame MGR2 was squashed by Kojima leaving Konami. It's actually kind of funny because the only thing I was looking forward to out of the MG series was another MGR. I felt last gen was limiting what MGR could be, and given more time PG would have carved out a great game...

And it seems PG in general is pretty much done with their own IPs with the exception of Bayonetta... Forever Activision's work horse?

Out of the nine games they have announced and/or released since Korra, only three of those have been Activision games. I think after the tepid sales of Korra, Transformers and TMNT, and Activision moving away from smaller budget games that we've possibly seen the end of Platinum games published by Activision.

Platinum never actually made their own IPs, though I know what you mean. But since they've always been work for hire, they can only ever make what their employer wants them to make. Aside from Microsoft with Scalebound, no one seemingly wants to hire them to make original IPs anymore. There's little to no interest in original 3rd person melee action / hack & slash / beat em up games at the moment.

Problem is, Platinum currently actually wants to make IPs they actually own, which is a hard sell for publishers when it's niche games. They could strike out on their own like what companies like Ninja Theory and DoubleFine have done and develop smaller titles, or go to Kickstarter. But their management seems intent on them making console, high profile, AAA games.

TreIII

I would like to see another Onimusha too. But after all these years they might need to refresh people's memories with an HD re-release before going for a new title. Either that, or they have to (soft)reboot it.

As Remaster-happy as Capcom has shown themselves to be this gen, the only thing that surprises me is that something hasn't been done on Onimusha's behalf, as it is.

If they couldn't do that (for whatever reason), a new game could still be made in such a way that it could serve to introduce new players while still being satisfying for veterans. Onimusha Soul introduced a lot of possibilities into the lore, such that they could pretty much do whatever they want, storywise, without having to undo what came about in the first 4 games. And that's, of course, assuming they stick with the Sengoku era!

Out of the nine games they have announced and/or released since Korra, only three of those have been Activision games. I think after the tepid sales of Korra, Transformers and TMNT, and Activision moving away from smaller budget games that we've possibly seen the end of Platinum games published by Activision.

Oh, I think that's a sure thing, at this point. Between still somehow getting sweetheart deals with Square Enix (Nier: Automata) and CyGames (Granblue stuff), as well as finally confirming that they're willing to work in the mobile space? I think P* is going to be just fine without needing Activision. As sad as that makes me, because I really, REALLY want a successor to TF: Devastation, I'll probably get over it, if Saito gets to realize stuff like the action-rpg he's working on now.

And yeah, it is sad that the classical "melee action" genre is on such a decline, but I think that's all the more reason more of them are continuously trying to blend into the "action rpg" arena, like Nioh and Nier: Automata are doing. If giving players options when it comes to being able to grind and get better loot as a crutch to help them advance and enjoy the game, instead of just "git gud", I think that's a small sacrifice if it helps keep this kind of game alive.

That just ties back to one of the things that I wonder about, when it comes to DMC5, itself. I still want to believe that an Itsuno that got to live out his D&D Action-RPG fantasies in Dragon's Dogma, is not going to be content to do a "by the numbers" DMC sequel. Perhaps DMC, too, may be in due for this kind of ARPG change/shift...

I dunno, I'd welcome more open environments (a bit like NiOh or Dragon Age: Inquisitor), but I can't say I want numbers and durability systems in DMC (although it could be an excuse to fight minibosses and claim their souls as weapons...). I don't want another series to turn into a variation of Dark Souls.

Seyavesh

finally vergil is reunited with his one true love:
guns
1re1tlL.jpg

lEalKr2.jpg

edit:
also this i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvgyYnI9Z7A&feature=youtu.be

At his rate, I honestly wouldn't be shocked one bit if Sega and Capcom worked on a deal to put DMC3/DMC4's Bloody Palace in the next Yakuza title as a mini game. That series is getting really crazy with side contents, in an amazing way.

As Remaster-happy as Capcom has shown themselves to be this gen, the only thing that surprises me is that something hasn't been done on Onimusha's behalf, as it is.

If they couldn't do that (for whatever reason), a new game could still be made in such a way that it could serve to introduce new players while still being satisfying for veterans. Onimusha Soul introduced a lot of possibilities into the lore, such that they could pretty much do whatever they want, storywise, without having to undo what came about in the first 4 games. And that's, of course, assuming they stick with the Sengoku era!
I have to admit that I'm not a hardcore Onimusha fan and only played a little bit of 3 and Dawn of Dreams, so I would definitely prefer it if they tried to do the new game in a way that even newcomers like me could understand it.

And in regards to DMC becoming an ARPG, I'm game as long as it keeps the actual battle system as combo crazy as it is right now. If it's an ARPG in the vein of Nier then cool. But if it's more like Nioh then I'll be disappointed. I like Nioh for what it is, but don't want DMC to become that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DMC already has RPG elements to it with the upgrading system. What's fresh about it is that you don't level up numbers, you just get more abilities and weapons (except health and DT). I don't think that borrowing those elements from Dark Souls or Nioh benefits anyone.

On the other hand, Nioh has adopted the "map/hubworld" that we've talked about at length now. Main mission paths with plenty of diverging side missions. Main missions are book ended with cut scenes for narrative. Side missions can offer interesting challenges and loot. They even implemented the "daily challenge" component that we've mentioned in the past via the Twilight missions. Obviously I think it could be cleaned up, prettier, and expanded upon with more personality, but it's definitely on the right track for how I think DMC5's campaign could be handled.

Dahbomb

Yeah number min/maxing is boring in action games.

Wow spend 1000 orbs to get +1 attack on your Rebellion and +5 HP on Dante.

If they want to do RPG elements right then give me passive abilities to attach to weapons/styles etc. I already made a post about it before but basically you can attach specific runes to individual moves on weapons to give them additional properties. This would allow for further customization of your character that is more interesting than "my build of Nevan + Shotgun does more DPS".

You also don't want stat requirements for moves/abilities in a game like this. Like you can't have stuff like "much have 10 Dexterity to equip this weapon/must have 10 Intelligence to use this ability". That's anti DMC.

TreIII

I dunno, I'd welcome more open environments (a bit like NiOh or Dragon Age: Inquisitor), but I can't say I want numbers and durability systems in DMC (although it could be an excuse to fight minibosses and claim their souls as weapons...). I don't want another series to turn into a variation of Dark Souls.

Durability systems do indeed suck. It's one of the things I'm glad Team Ninja listened to when it came to feedback from the Nioh alpha, so that it was taken out entirely for the beta.

And again, it's not like I want to see DMC slow its role down to being another Souls-like. But GuardianE beat me to what I was going to put in my initial response: there's some things from Nioh and other action-RPGs that COULD be to DMC's benefits, like how they handle the very same type of EX-Missions and "Daily Challenges" that we talked about on here.

GuardianE said:
DMC already has RPG elements to it with the upgrading system. What's fresh about it is that you don't level up numbers, you just get more abilities and weapons (except health and DT). I don't think that borrowing those elements from Dark Souls or Nioh benefits anyone.

Well, there are other "RPG elements" that could be cited besides Souls or Nioh, of course!

The very "Rune" system that Dahbomb is speaking of? It's the kind of thing that BASARA has been doing for years with its "Item/Skill" system. Things that do things like widen Parry window frames, Taunts affecting what enemies will do, increase duration of skill animations/buffs, affect character gravity, lengthen the time of Style Gauge before it decreases, etc. Individual character "Personal Items/Skills" are even a nice twist on the "Super Character" thing, but make it a bit more personalized for the character themselves.

It's the kind of thing that I always thought would be well at home in DMC, considering how much the two series have had in common.

Wagram

Playing through the entire DMC series currently. I haven't played 1-4 in about almost a decade. Some thoughts:

DmC: Devil May Cry was pretty fun. Had a much better story than I expected. Perhaps a bit too linear though and didn't have any puzzle mechanics. Fun though.

Devil May Cry 1 does not hold up as well as I remember. The camera is absolutely atrocious. Missions are really short, and the dialogue is pretty cringe. "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!" Difficulty is on point though and the level design is good as well.

Onto the legendarily terrible DMC2.

On the other hand, Nioh has adopted the "map/hubworld" that we've talked about at length now. Main mission paths with plenty of diverging side missions. Main missions are book ended with cut scenes for narrative. Side missions can offer interesting challenges and loot. They even implemented the "daily challenge" component that we've mentioned in the past via the Twilight missions. Obviously I think it could be cleaned up, prettier, and expanded upon with more personality, but it's definitely on the right track for how I think DMC5's campaign could be handled.

Oh yeah, sure. I would be completely fine with them taking that kind of inspirations from Nioh. Honestly, when I heard the name Nioh the first thing that came to mind was its stamina bar and souls like combat elements which just immediately made me go "nope".

I welcome the hub world and Twilight missions and stuff like that in the next DMC, as long as the execution is right.

Well, there are other "RPG elements" that could be cited besides Souls or Nioh, of course!

The very "Rune" system that Dahbomb is speaking of? It's the kind of thing that BASARA has been doing for years with its "Item/Skill" system. Things that do things like widen Parry window frames, Taunts affecting what enemies will do, increase duration of skill animations/buffs, affect character gravity, lengthen the time of Style Gauge before it decreases, etc. Individual character "Personal Items/Skills" are even a nice twist on the "Super Character" thing, but make it a bit more personalized for the character themselves.

It's the kind of thing that I always thought would be well at home in DMC, considering how much the two series have had in common.

That description kinda reminds of the Skill System that Omega Force have put in their One Piece Musou games, which is something that I think could work well with DMC. In One Piece games you have limited slots (you can unlock more slots by collecting certain coins) available for skills, which you can unlock by achieving certain milestones/goals by each character. Each skill depending on how strong it is, will take up more of those slots. So the game is balanced like that and you can't abuse the system.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a sub system like that in the next DMC.

Dahbomb

They didn't show any new game so it's not like DMC5 was shafted or something.

New games would be unveiled at TGS which is next week.

Never give up son.

I'm actually relieved that PS4 Pro (I liked Neo more) turned out to be the way it is. Now I can stop worrying about games looking and running like shit on PS4.

Lack of new game announcements was disappointing though. Let's hope we get something at TGS.

Also, it seems like the Deep Down rumor was bullshit.

I honestly don't see DMC5 or any new Capcom game getting revealed until E3 next year or later. We don't even know what RE7 is gonna be like and they're most likely gonna just focus on promoting that game until it's out.

I wanna believe because that DMC4SE announcement came out of NOWHERE, but I'm just not seeing anything going down this year.

TreIII

I'm actually relieved that PS4 Pro (I liked Neo more) turned out to be the way it is. Now I can stop worrying about games looking and running like shit on PS4.

Lack of new game announcements was disappointing though. Let's hope we get something at TGS.

And unless any one of my fave devs at TGS next week say otherwise, there's really no need for me to look into investing a Pro at all.

Capcom, SEGA, Koei Tecmo and the like would have to come with DMC5, Onimusha, Shinobi, Virtual ON, Virtua Fighter, Ninja Gaiden and more, and say that the only way I was going to get 60fps on those games was to get a Pro, in order for me to change my mind.

And unless any one of my fave devs at TGS next week say otherwise, there's really no need for me to look into investing a Pro at all.

Capcom, SEGA, Koei Tecmo and the like would have to come with DMC5, Onimusha, Shinobi, Virtual ON, Virtua Fighter, Ninja Gaiden and more, and say that the only way I was going to get 60fps on those games was to get a Pro, in order for me to change my mind.
Exactly.

Pro seemed to turn out for the best for current PS4 owners that didn't want to upgrade. Just some new shiny textures and few graphical effects here and there. Before, I was legit worry that games might look like cheap cross gen title on current version of PS4.

Kaztinka

Ahh, Shinobi...
(The 2002 game)
I think that's the only game that utilized boss adds/minions in the best way possible (hell, I think it's still the only possible way to make them untedious!)
I am so disappointed that that system was never copied :(

Sesha

I didn't expect anything from the meeting, not even anything non-DMC5. There was nothing suggesting anything new and exciting in particular.

I want to play UC4 on the PS4Pro, but if Bloodborne, Persona 5 and Nioh aren't forwards compatible then I won't bother with it. With DMC5 I want the best possible experience so I'll just buy a gamer PC. By then I'll likely have other uses for a powerful rig anyway.

And it's fucking nothing.gif onto E3 or something.. Feel like I'm losing my patience...

Don't expect much. Like Trinidad_Jason says, it's E3 or later. They're focusing on RE7 and DR4 and their other announced titles. RE7 is pretty much gonna be it in terms of major titles from Capcom for the first half of 2017 because of financials and such. Nor are they gonna announce it too early. They're gonna do what they did with RE6, RE7 and DR4. SF5 was an exception because of the betas and such.

We'll see. They might show it and more JP Pro forwards compatible games during their TGS presser. If it's not there or PSX, then it's dead for sure this time.

Dahbomb

Seems like PS4Pro games will have multiple modes like they are showing with Tomb Raider.

4K mode, high framerate mode and 1080P mode (with every thing turned to max).

I don't think DMC5 will be doing this. Mostly because DMC5 will be made on multiple consoles and it probably doesn't make much sense making multiple modes just for the PS4Pro. There will just be the high framerate option and that's it.

Don't expect much. Like Trinidad_Jason says, it's E3 or later. They're focusing on RE7 and DR4 and their other announced titles. RE7 is pretty much gonna be it in terms of major titles from Capcom for the first half of 2017 because of financials and such. Nor are they gonna announce it too early. They're gonna do what they did with RE6, RE7 and DR4. SF5 was an exception because of the betas and such.
On one hand, I kinda understand the mentality of announcing titles sooner to their actual release date. But on the other, I don't think it's a good strategy for DMC series right now.

I mean stuff like RE7 and DR4, I understand. There were no worries about these franchises being put on the shelf, they both had recent entries in their respective series and it was only a matter of time before they get a new title. But it's not the same with DMC, just like it wasn't with Street Fighter.

Prior to SFV's announcement Capcom had stated that it would take a very long time to make the next mainline entry in the SF series which made people worry about its future and how it might turn out. So when they finally started making the title, they correctly announced it pretty soon to assure fans of the series about its future.

It's basically the same reason why they announced REmake 2 so early as well. Classic RE fans were getting frustrated and thought Capcom wasn't listening to them. So in order to prove to us that they are, they announced the REmake 2 as soon as they made the decision to make it. And again, that was the right call.

Now with DMC we are basically in the same situation. Sure, we had the remasters last year, but those really don't says much about the series future and if there is one to begin with. Now, it's pretty much confirmed to all of us right here in this thread that we'll get another DMC, but looking at the gaming side a lot of people don't share the same sentiment and Capcom needs to address their worries, just like they did with REmake 2 and SFV. And if I'm being selfish for a second, forget about those people, I want them to answer my concerns. Cause I'm not sure what ARE we getting. Will it be another DmC? Is it DMC5? Or are they going for yet another reboot of some sort? Will it be a pure action stylish title? Or will they make it more RPG oriented like everything else is these days? And tons of other similar unanswered questions.

They aren't ready to show it yet? Fine, I understand. But at least acknowledge the project and shed a tiny little bit light on it. Even if the title is so far away we still deserve to have some clarity RIGHT NOW, just like classic RE and SF fans deserved it before.

Sorry if my tone seems a little harsh Sesha. I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just really frustrated at Capcom and how they treat us differently from other fans of their bigger franchises like RE.

Kaztinka

On one hand, I kinda understand the mentality of announcing titles sooner to their actual release date. But on the other, I don't think it's a good strategy for DMC series right now.

I mean stuff like RE7 and DR4, I understand. There were no worries about these franchises being put on the shelf, they both had recent entries in their respective series and it was only a matter of time before they get a new title. But it's not the same with DMC, just like it wasn't with Street Fighter.

Prior to SFV's announcement Capcom had stated that it would take a very long time to make the next mainline entry in the SF series which made people worry about its future and how it might turn out. So when they finally started making the title, they correctly announced it pretty soon to assure fans of the series about its future.

It's basically the same reason why they announced REmake 2 so early as well. Classic RE fans were getting frustrated and thought Capcom wasn't listening to them. So in order to prove to us that they are, they announced the REmake 2 as soon as they made the decision to make it. And again, that was the right call.

Now with DMC we are basically in the same situation. Sure, we had the remasters last year, but those really don't says much about the series future and if there is one to begin with. Now, it's pretty much confirmed to all of us right here in this thread that we'll get another DMC, but looking at the gaming side a lot of people don't share the same sentiment and Capcom needs to address their worries, just like they did with REmake 2 and SFV. And if I'm being selfish for a second, forget about those people, I want them to answer my concerns. Cause I'm not sure what ARE we getting. Will it be another DmC? Is it DMC5? Or are they going for yet another reboot of some sort? Will it be a pure action stylish title? Or will they make it more RPG oriented like everything else is these days? And tons of other similar unanswered questions.

They aren't ready to show it yet? Fine, I understand. But at least acknowledge the project and shed a tiny little bit light on it. Even if the title is so far away we still deserve to have some clarity RIGHT NOW, just like classic RE and SF fans deserved it before.

Sorry if my tone seems a little harsh Sesha. I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just really frustrated at Capcom and how they treat us differently from other fans of their bigger franchises like RE.

Admit it
you just want your Devil may cry so bad (we all do man)
This reminds me of TheGamingBrit's rant about games being announced too early
then ending it with "unless it's DMC5"

Dahbomb

Admit it
Amen to that.

I feel like I am not that biased when it comes to games in general and try to keep a level head.

Except DMC... I am biased as HELL when it comes to DMC. I am allowed to be biased for one game series. In fact, due to my situation it's pretty much impossible for me to be unbiased when it comes to DMC.

So yeah while I do agree that it's better that games don't get announced early... gimme dat DMC5 info ASAP!

Kaztinka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrY6r7RaXIk

Okay this looks like the coolest shit ever
HOW IS IT IN DEVELOPMENT FOR LIKE 6 YEARS AND I NEVER HEARD ABOUT IT!
reading some of the devs blog posts, he seems to be nuts about character action games and their deep combat systems, which is a good thing
I love it when indie devs try their best to craft these "love letters" to character action games
Stuff like Furi, Heart&Slash, RainBlood Chronicles Mirage, Aces wild, The Dishwasher.. etc
are what keeps me hoping that someone, someday, is going to try to make a true love letter to God Hand....

Kaztinka

Amen to that.

I feel like I am not that biased when it comes to games in general and try to keep a level head.

Except DMC... I am biased as HELL when it comes to DMC. I am allowed to be biased for one game series. In fact, due to my situation it's pretty much impossible for me to be unbiased when it comes to DMC.

So yeah while I do agree that it's better that games don't get announced early... gimme dat DMC5 info ASAP!

Exactly
COME ON ITSUNO WE'VE BEEN TEASED FOR FAR TOO LONG, DAMMIT!

TreIII

Well, on the other hand...look at pretty much every other Capcom franchise that isn't RE, BASARA, Dead Rising or Monster Hunter. At best, you're getting teases and maybe re-releases/remasters, unless you're a series that's much more certifiably D-E-D dead like Viewtiful Joe. Everybody else is being kept in suspense and limbo, hoping for the day that a revival will happen.

At least DMC's impending return isn't being heralded in the form of a lackluster-looking cartoon adaptation...

Admit it
Well, I won't deny that :)

I mean, we've been waiting for 8 freaking years now. I keep saying this on every DMC related thread but still can stress it enough. It's been 8 YEARS / 96 months / 2920 freaking days!!! Come on Capcom, just give us something already.

Still, I honestly think that them announcing DMC5 early would be better for both fans and Capcom themselves.
Well, on the other hand...look at pretty much every other Capcom franchise that isn't RE, BASARA, Dead Rising or Monster Hunter. At best, you're getting teases and maybe re-releases/remasters, unless you're a series that's much more certifiably D-E-D dead like Viewtiful Joe. Everybody else is being kept in suspense and limbo, hoping for the day that a revival will happen.

At least DMC's impending return isn't being heralded in the form of a lackluster-looking cartoon adaptation...
While that's true, DMC is a much bigger and more successful franchise than other Capcom series that are MIA. (bar Mega Man)

IMO, DMC absolutely deserves to get the same treatment as the other franchises that you've listed.

Top Bottom